Todays Highlights

Daz1874

Doctor FinnBarr
8 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Clip is showing as private

2 minutes ago, Zaba said:

Aye I canny see the highlights either.

1 minute ago, Daz1874 said:

I'm guessing SPFL caught on that they had published it and then had to unlist it until tomorrow

I certainly watched it an hour or so ago, must be whirling aboot in Cyberspace noo.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tommy Brown

• RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

• Dayman

• Bull's-eye

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Forget offside, first Halkett should have been busting a gut to cover the scorer (unless he thought the flag was going up) and second that was yet another turnover in midfield leading to a goal due to the high pressing that lets people run on to through balls virtually unopposed. On the upside, Walker's looking really dangerous when he plays.

Seems a strange idea to forget the rules of the game.

He is offside, end of & as someone else pointed out, he came from an offside position in the lead up as well.

Penalty is a stupid tackle by Clare, but again proved to be offside in the lead up when the ball rebounds off the clearance to Accies player.

At the game I thought the red card was soft, but the defender did stop the ball from going on to Boyce who was in a goal scoring position.

Disappointed in the number of chances passed up, some due to lack of composure in the box. 

We did not help ourselves by the number of times we committed stupid fouls which allowed Accies to break up play which was their game plan from the off.

Overall, an important 2 points dropped.

Doctor FinnBarr
10 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

He is offside, end of & as someone else pointed out, he came from an offside position in the lead up as well.

Penalty is a stupid tackle by Clare, but again proved to be offside in the lead up when the ball rebounds off the clearance to Accies player.

At the game I thought the red card was soft, but the defender did stop the ball from going on to Boyce who was in a goal scoring position.

Disappointed in the number of chances passed up, some due to lack of composure in the box. 

We did not help ourselves by the number of times we committed stupid fouls which allowed Accies to break up play which was their game plan from the off.

Do you reckon Brian Mince had a wee flutter today?

7 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Do you reckon Brian Mince had a wee flutter today?

Possibly on "Goalie to be warned about time wasting in 1st 5 minutes", doubled up on "referee not booking goalie for time wasting despite 20+ warnings"

We need to score the 1st goal in games to stop "tinpot" teams from using the above tactics.

NB. If we score 1st goal, we can apply the above as we are a "tinpot" team at present :o(

Edited by 2205ian

25 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

As we’ve seen by VAR in the prem it’s not done by feet it’s any body part excluding the arms. In both his body and head are ahead of play.

Exactly.  It is clearly offside. There is no debate.

Scottie Wanshot.

When Hamilton went 2 up today after what was it 20 min ???. People started leaving from the main stand, what the hell did they come for. ??????

1 minute ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

When Hamilton went 2 up today after what was it 20 min ???. People started leaving from the main stand, what the hell did they come for. ??????

The Rugby and picked the wrong week ?

Scottie Wanshot.

10 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Fair enough mate. 

Can you do one with Halkett’s positioning when the ball goes through. 

Don’t think this would be possible. Halkett was down the tunnel having a bath it seems 😀

9 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Maybe they went to get a pie!!  I was more surprised at people leaving before we scored 2nd and then directly after when we were pushing for a later winner.  Don't get that mentality 

Ball and foot look like they are in line and the way his body is it looks like the foot will be furthest forward. 

He may well be off, but it’s inches at most. We can’t possibly see from this angle, and these things happen every game.

4824B241-BE00-4FCF-885F-F726EFB7CF8E.jpeg

9927BF08-A9B8-42EF-ADEE-EA48F71B6FDB.jpeg

11 hours ago, merrymac said:

Makes it easier if you can be offside throughout the move and then tap it in at the end

from still in an offside position

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Uche said:

Sorry lads, don't think he is offside there/clutching at straws a bit.  Dust ourselves down and onto the next massive 6-pointer against St Mirren.

it’s offside.. remember it’s any part of the body and goals are being chopped of with VAR for armpits.

that said, if he’d held his run 10cm he’d still have scored.. its so close we can’t moan about it - it’s ****ing  terrible defending, again.. embarrassing actually

25 minutes ago, Uche said:

Sorry lads, don't think he is offside there/clutching at straws a bit.  Dust ourselves down and onto the next massive 6-pointer against St Mirren.

It's a tough call, the ball in the picture has already been played. I'd call it in-line, therefor onside, but a tough call for the linesman. I'd been disappointed if we'd scored it and had it chopped off.

However it's all a bit academic, every team in the league has worked out how to get in behind and score against us.

It won’t let me upload the first photo but considering the boy that scores is literally 30 feet offside when the first ball Is played through, it’s a shocker of a decision. 

40 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Ball and foot look like they are in line and the way his body is it looks like the foot will be furthest forward. 

He may well be off, but it’s inches at most. We can’t possibly see from this angle, and these things happen every game.

I may be wrong if I look back at the footage, but it’s not as if he’s just arriving(top pic).

He’s already there and the linesman’s position should make it instantly so obvious to the eye.

Diadora Van Basten
4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I may be wrong if I look back at the footage, but it’s not as if he’s just arriving(top pic).

He’s already there and the linesman’s position should make it instantly so obvious to the eye.

Looks like his left foot is just off can’t really judge if any other part of his body is further forward than left foot.

8 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

He was there the full time. Original ball through he is about 30 yards offside but the ball comes off smith but he’s still standing miles off. Then the ball over to him he’s still offside. Minging decision. 

52 minutes ago, Dayman said:

It looks a lot closer in that pic than I thought it was. Tough call for linesman

No conspiracy at all, you see it when teams are "down" all the time.

But we're not getting a helluva lot of luck. 50/50s like this not going our way and other than Boyce v Rangers, when did we last get a luckyish goal? Deflection, own goal, keeper flap type thing. And every mistake we make seems punished.

Even look back as far as the Celtic and Hibs games. Stonewallers turned down in both. Get those decisions, season could be looking v different.

Make your own luck and all that but I kinda feel a bit that we're now doing enough to deserve some rub occasionally!!!!

34 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

He was there the full time. Original ball through he is about 30 yards offside but the ball comes off smith but he’s still standing miles off. Then the ball over to him he’s still offside. Minging decision. 

Why would it matter where he was originally standing? He could be standing playing Rock Paper Scissors with Bobby but it’s irrelevant until his positioning when the ball was passed. His Original positioning just meant it was impossible to mark him. 

It seems he was inline with the ball from a few yards outside the box. 

Just now, Dayman said:

Why would it matter where he was originally standing? He could be standing playing Rock Paper Scissors with Bobby but it’s irrelevant until his positioning when the ball was passed. His Original positioning just meant it was impossible to mark him. 

It’s all about when he becomes active no? Or am I getting my understanding of the offside rule wrong? The only time he is almost even remotely almost onside is when the ball is played over to him, when he is actually offside. So for the full phase of play he is offside and the linesman doesn’t flag. The decision aside, we can’t ignore the terrible play from us and am I being to harsh on the keeper thinking he should do better. It’s a scuffed shot into the ground and actual goes over his body, if he had his arms by his side he makes the save? 

Just now, busby1985 said:

It’s all about when he becomes active no? Or am I getting my understanding of the offside rule wrong? The only time he is almost even remotely almost onside is when the ball is played over to him, when he is actually offside. So for the full phase of play he is offside and the linesman doesn’t flag. The decision aside, we can’t ignore the terrible play from us and am I being to harsh on the keeper thinking he should do better. It’s a scuffed shot into the ground and actual goes over his body, if he had his arms by his side he makes the save? 

Yeah, it’s irrelevant where he is until he’s involved in play. You can stand offside all you want, but are only offside when you get involved with play.

1 minute ago, Dayman said:

Yeah, it’s irrelevant where he is until he’s involved in play. You can stand offside all you want, but are only offside when you get involved with play.

Got you. So he was offside then 😂. Halkett was running like he had number 99 on his back 😂

Seymour M Hersh
12 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

The Naismith miss was well offside too.

I tried to convince my neighbour, that there was as a defender near the back post playing him on

Lost my shit, when we never got a corner, when he gave offside for a player who never even attempted to play the ball.

I don't think it was. 

13 hours ago, babywhalo said:

Naismith wasnt offside. Their fullback slid into block the original cross from Smith played him on (you can't see him on the highlights when Naismith gets the ball)

36 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I don't think it was. 

Looks like I was correct at the game, saying that he was onside.

3 hours ago, Dayman said:

Don’t think this would be possible. Halkett was down the tunnel having a bath it seems 😀

He must have been in line with Souttar, Clare & Smith I think were a couple of yards ahead of him but when the balls squared for the goal, he's 10-12 yards behind everyone else. :rofl:

Edited by Cruyff

3 hours ago, Dayman said:

Whether he is or isn't. It's a tough call for the linesman. 

The officials aren't the reason why we drew the game in any case. 

12 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

People have been doing that most of the season. Lot of guys left after Killie went 2-0 up the other week. 

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

No conspiracy at all, you see it when teams are "down" all the time.

But we're not getting a helluva lot of luck. 50/50s like this not going our way and other than Boyce v Rangers, when did we last get a luckyish goal? Deflection, own goal, keeper flap type thing. And every mistake we make seems punished.

Even look back as far as the Celtic and Hibs games. Stonewallers turned down in both. Get those decisions, season could be looking v different.

Make your own luck and all that but I kinda feel a bit that we're now doing enough to deserve some rub occasionally!!!!

Defo rode our luck away at Falkirk the other week. How often does a team hit the woodwork 3 times and not score. 

36 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He must have been in line with Souttar, Clare & Smith I think were a couple of yards ahead of him but when the balls squared for the goal, he's 10-12 yards behind everyone else. :rofl:

2 hours ago, Dayman said:

You see it in this video! 

I agree with your last post as well. It’s very close. These go either way every day in every league in the world without VAR. If it’s wrong then it’s well within the margin of error that’s involved with being a human. 

just offside is........................... offside

never looked in any doubt at the game. at no stage does he get himself back onside which makes the failure of the assistant referee even more unbelievable.

Guest ToqueJambo
18 hours ago, 2205ian said:

Just meant there were things we could have done better to prevent that goal, offside or not.

10 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I don't care if he is offside or not now that high backline needs changing far too ****ing easy again.

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I don't care if he is offside or not now that high backline needs changing far too ****ing easy again.

Enough chances to win three games! 

Brutal to concede two like that as well

4 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Enough chances to win three games! 

Brutal to concede two like that as well

Aye chances galore but again it's the softness of our goals.We don't need to have the defence pushed up that high any mistake and you can so easily be punished.

Edited by vegas-voss

16 minutes ago, kila said:

The offside is clearly in the build up play with the ball over the top.

1.thumb.jpg.1e4032026c19cf1bf09f9ca9e04f7787.jpg

That still is from the first Hamilton attack in the highlights. The goal is the second attack. The moment the ball is passed for the goal I think the striker's leading leg is marginally ahead of the ball, but that's no excuse for Halkett jogging back. Just look at how much faster Clare and Smith are getting back.

1 minute ago, Frankfurter said:

That still is from the first Hamilton attack in the highlights. The goal is the second attack. The moment the ball is passed for the goal I think the striker's leading leg is marginally ahead of the ball, but that's no excuse for Halkett jogging back. Just look at how much faster Clare and Smith are getting back.

Doh, I some how skipped over a few secs when scrubbing and thought it was part of the same play

Captain Canada

Both goals were a shambles, Souttar dives in when he doesn't need to after they had a free header, Smith and Clare are caught too far up and Irving doesn't sense the danger and just jogs back. 

For the penalty, I've no idea what Clare was thinking, coming in from the wrong side and just booting him. 

There's a lot being said about tactics but the goals were down to amateur decision making and were easily preventable. I'd change the defence to put Smith at right back and Sibbick for Souttar because he has a bit of aggression and pace. 

What I'd also love to see is Damour fighting to get in the team and showing what he can really do. His experience would be useful right now and he has got it in him somewhere. Not holding my breath though! 

In other highlighrs when Clare is going through in goal with the ball over the top is he not strong armed in the face??

2:57 in the footage.

Edited by Jamboelite