Todays Highlights

Daz1874

1st goal was offside.  2nd goal was a dive to get a penalty..  

was a red card for Hamilton for Hamilton.  

Uche was fouled behind his left knee while Hamilton player on the ground, uche blasts it over.  was a penalty.

I think there was another offside in the first half that didn't lead to a goal but shows lineo is crap.

we did well under the weather 2nd half to get 2 goals.

that's it I think.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tommy Brown

• RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

• Dayman

• Bull's-eye

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

Uche was fouled behind his left knee while Hamilton player on the ground, uche blasts it over.  was a penalty.

I think there was another offside in the first half that didn't lead to a goal but shows lineo is crap.

that's it I think.

2nd goal is a stick on pen sorry.

4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

2nd goal is a stick on pen sorry.

but offside just before (0.40)

Soutar plays it against their player it goes to another in offside position.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
7 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

that's it I think.

2nd goal is the most blatant penalty you will ever see.

If you don't think that's a penalty take off the maroon and white glasses. 

ToadKiller Dog

I gave Naismith dogs abuse at the game for not hitting the target with his headed chance in the first half ,from high lights it was a lit more difficult than I thought .

Hamilton's first goal was offside can be right either that a player who was in an offside position for ages before Hamilton broke forward can just stroll in and score .

Definitely a penalty a stupid one to give away .

Definitely a red card as Hamiltion did move his arm to the ball perhaps unconsciously but a red .

We created enough at the end to have nicked a win .hopefully some confidence will come from not losing however little it may be .

Stuart McNeill

Tbf, Accies were the better team before the sending off.

However with the amount of chances - Walkers, Naismith and Boyce we could have easily won the game.

Psychedelicropcircle

Wot ever happen to the interfering with play rule ? The no99 was the most forward from the minute the balls direction headed towards our goal.

23 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

In other highlighrs when Clare is going through in goal with the ball over the top is he not strong armed in the face??

2:57 in the footage.

Yeah, the ref played advantage (correctly) but shat out of giving Hamilton a second red (incorrectly).

Diadora Van Basten
12 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Wot ever happen to the interfering with play rule ? The no99 was the most forward from the minute the balls direction headed towards our goal.

Ball was played through by Smith so not offside until he was offside

Diadora Van Basten
24 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

2nd goal is the most blatant penalty you will ever see.

If you don't think that's a penalty take off the maroon and white glasses. 

Apart from the offside in the build up 

4 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Yeah, the ref played advantage (correctly) but shat out of giving Hamilton a second red (incorrectly).

As clear as day in the highlights.

Psychedelicropcircle
4 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Ball was played through by Smith so not offside until he was offside

That’s debatable

Kidd’s Boots
19 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

But should have brought it back for the free kick when no advantage came from the inital passage of play before the shot resulting in the corner. Completely  forgot why he played advantage in the first place......

I can see why you'd all think it was a penalty.  Clare stuck his foot out but he didn't  kick. trip or tap that diver.  

I am not disrespecting anyone's view on it.  I welcome others views.  In fact I didn't notice the offside you're discussing when soutar kicks it onto a Hamilton player.  will need to watch it again.  Thanks for pointing it out.

I am not looking for exscuses.  Just saying what saw.

23 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Is there not an offside in the buildup to the penalty award as well? Souttar goes to clear the ball, the attacker blocks it and it goes through to Ogkmpoe who comes back from an offside position to collect it. Having been blocked,, it deflects off Souttar again on the way through but my understanding is that is still offside or have I got that wrong? Its travelled forward from an Hamilton player to another Hamilton player who was in an offside position.

Exactly what i thought at the game. Confirmed when I saw the highlights.

3 offside goals from the same linesman as Walkers was offside too.

3 minutes ago, jambojai said:

Exactly what i thought at the game. Confirmed when I saw the highlights.

3 offside goals from the same linesman as Walkers was offside too.

From highlights, Walker wasn't odfside as centre half is playing him on.

Like Hamilton's first goal, it looked offside to me from Section A but highlights showed Hamilton player just off and Walker on.

Ogkmpoe was offside in first passage of play as well and gained an advantage in the next phase of play because of that, which is something I've never liked about the changes made to the offside laws, as seems an unfair advantage to me.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
2 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

You cannot give advantage then give a red card the ref needs to stop play to issue a red. 

4 hours ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

You cannot give advantage then give a red card the ref needs to stop play to issue a red. 

Is that right? I feel like I've seen it happen but no examples spring to mind.

Watching these highlights has made me feel a lot better.  Offside goal followed by a disastrous error from Clair.  

Not arguing that we didn't play well enough but when the breaks go against you like that, you are really up against it.

Feeling much more confident against St M now and supremely confident we will comfortably avoid the bottom two.  7th or 8th I reckon.

The problem is that we almost certainly would have conceded again had Hamilton had 11 players on the park. 

We really need more cover at the back.

A lot of errors coming from playing out at the back too when arguably we don’t have the players to do it.

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

I think it is right. the example proving the point that comes to my mind is the Champs league final around 2005 or 2006 when Arsenal played Barca. Lehman brought the striker (Giuly?) down last man and I think Iniesta or someone slotted it in. But the ref brought it back for a red card and free kick. Which probably benefitted Barca over the 90.

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Mort said:

The problem is that we almost certainly would have conceded again had Hamilton had 11 players on the park. 

We really need more cover at the back.

A lot of errors coming from playing out at the back too when arguably we don’t have the players to do it.

Interestingly, I noticed that Villa were being criticised on MOTD last night for exactly the same thing.  They held a very high line but were repeatedly caught out by Spurs attacking with pace.

bigsuperslim1874

It’s getting pretty annoying all this ‘if Hamilton had kept 11 players on.....’ chat. If their player hadn’t slapped the ball, Boyce was through for a 1 on 1 and PROBABLY would have scored. 1-2 and more time to get a second/wind in our sails etc. It’s not inconceivable.

The fact their player chose to stop the attack with the handball is tough titty.

13 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

It’s getting pretty annoying all this ‘if Hamilton had kept 11 players on.....’ chat. If their player hadn’t slapped the ball, Boyce was through for a 1 on 1 and PROBABLY would have scored. 1-2 and more time to get a second/wind in our sails etc. It’s not inconceivable.

The fact their player chose to stop the attack with the handball is tough titty.

That wasn’t my concern. It was more for the rest of the season.

My concern is that we struggle to defend against 11 men and can’t us keeping clean sheets.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
5 hours ago, Smithee said:

Yeh definitely needs to stop play.

SectionDJambo

First goal looks just offside to me. The disturbing thing is that not one Hearts player makes any attempt to claim offside and put some doubt into the lineman's mind. They all just stand there and accept it, like they think it's ok. This team are behaving like a bunch of losers, just accepting anything that goes against them.

The defending over the 2 goals is terrible. Those goals aren't caused by the pressing game being exposed by simple tactics. They're caused by inadequate positioning, poor decision making and ball watching.

Daniel Stendel has to realise that he doesn't have the calibre of defender to play as he would like. He has to change the set up to be tighter, survive this season, and bring in proper defenders in the summer.

42 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

I think it is right. the example proving the point that comes to my mind is the Champs league final around 2005 or 2006 when Arsenal played Barca. Lehman brought the striker (Giuly?) down last man and I think Iniesta or someone slotted it in. But the ref brought it back for a red card and free kick. Which probably benefitted Barca over the 90.

Your memory is playing tricks :lol:

He blew for the penalty straight away  instead of holding off and letting Barca score.

25 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

Agreed.  It's also hypothetical for anyone to suggest we would have lost 11 v 11.    Yes we started poorly BUT we started well against Killie.  Games change during games.  

bigsuperslim1874
31 minutes ago, Mort said:

That wasn’t my concern. It was more for the rest of the season.

My concern is that we struggle to defend against 11 men and can’t us keeping clean sheets.

Wasn’t directed specifically at you mate - more the pundits and media banging on about it from Saturdays game. More about how unbalanced the reporting of the game has been. 👍

There have been games we have started well and fell away - who knows how the game would have panned out. But agree with you the defending is an issue - more to do with individual errors than style IMO.

On 15/02/2020 at 22:28, Cruyff said:

Feckin hell. That goal was miles offside. First time I've seen it from that angle. 

According to Thommo on Sportscene the Hamilton goal might have been marginally offside. Unbelievable bias. The 1st goal was a country mile offside.

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Not true. 

You can 100% play advantage then issue a yellow or red card. 

Happens a lot with yellows. 

Playing advantage is acknowledging the foul. 

On 15/02/2020 at 22:52, Dayman said:

Where’s this yard that he’s meant to be offside? These are the two frames of the boy kicking the ball. He’s in line or slightly behind. 

As for the rest of the highlights, how did we not score numerous goals?! We had so many chances! One or two we can blame on the weather, but not 5 or 6! 

Edit: As for the second one, it’s easy to see from a replay who the ball came off of, but It bounced about a bit and probably wasn’t obvious who it came off of last. VAR would have overturned that after 5 painstaking minutes, but these things happen in our league. 

9E2B8E2B-69F4-46D9-B5C5-B340A8F2F30F.jpeg

B8AE3B17-49D7-40B9-A452-653C39B31413.jpeg

Yep. Looks onside there tbf. 

Edited by Ray Gin

49 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

According to Thommo on Sportscene the Hamilton goal might have been marginally offside. Unbelievable bias. The 1st goal was a country mile offside.

Not surprised that p***k Thomson took that view, probably thought Hamilton sending off unfair and Walker goal offside. He always takes the view against Hearts in decisions.

1 hour ago, HMFC 86 said:

Not surprised that p***k Thomson took that view, probably thought Hamilton sending off unfair and Walker goal offside. He always takes the view against Hearts in decisions.

That was exactly what he said. 

On 16/02/2020 at 09:43, Dayman said:

Ball and foot look like they are in line and the way his body is it looks like the foot will be furthest forward. 

He may well be off, but it’s inches at most. We can’t possibly see from this angle, and these things happen every game.

4824B241-BE00-4FCF-885F-F726EFB7CF8E.jpeg

9927BF08-A9B8-42EF-ADEE-EA48F71B6FDB.jpeg

Looks onside to me. Seems the refs assistant got it spot on.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not true. 

You can 100% play advantage then issue a yellow or red card. 

Happens a lot with yellows. 

Playing advantage is acknowledging the foul. 

You’re wrong. 

You can play advantage and issue a yellow, but not a red card. 

The play MUST be stopped if a red card is being issued.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

You’re wrong. 

👍

Interesting. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

👍

Interesting. 

I can see the logic, tbh.

I think the issue is if play is allowed to continue and the player is about to be issued a red card what if they interfere and commit another offence but should have been off the park? Also if they interfere they really should be off the park already.

alwaysthereinspirit
On 15/02/2020 at 17:28, Cruyff said:

Feckin hell. That goal was miles offside. First time I've seen it from that angle. 

He's so far ahead of the play he'd have to be Usain Bolt to have ran to where he first shows up in the video. Then the final pass is a forward pass.

alwaysthereinspirit
On 15/02/2020 at 17:33, ToqueJambo said:

Forget offside, first Halkett should have been busting a gut to cover the scorer (unless he thought the flag was going up) and second that was yet another turnover in midfield leading to a goal due to the high pressing that lets people run on to through balls virtually unopposed. On the upside, Walker's looking really dangerous when he plays.

You know who likes a wee jog back to himself? Number 51. Loves to just meander back.

Can someone please explain the offside rule.

Hamilton first goal

Ball is played through to player on left,the scorer  in the middle of the pitch is at least 2 yards offside (Not active i get).

Player on left makes ground and passes to player in middle, who has been ahead of the ball (never got back onside at anytime), player who has been offside or level from images scores ( becomes active).

Surely he should be flagged as soon as the ball goes towards him, there was no one else around so pass could only be aimed at him.

I understood if there were not two players between the scorer and the goals the ball had to be passed back, or he had to be behind the player when the pass is made??

5 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Your memory is playing tricks :lol:

He blew for the penalty straight away  instead of holding off and letting Barca score.

Haha fair enough! If he had scored I presume he wouldn’t have sent the keeper off - I guess the same logic as the double jeopardy rule they brought in recently where an attempt is made to play the ball

52 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

You’re wrong. 

What an absolutely nonsense rule. 

49 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

I can see the logic, tbh.

I think the issue is if play is allowed to continue and the player is about to be issued a red card what if they interfere and commit another offence but should have been off the park? Also if they interfere they really should be off the park already.

I'm afraid you are incorrect.

You can play on then issue a red.

You must do it before re-start of play.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
Just now, Tommy Brown said:

I'm afraid you are incorrect.

You can play on then issue a red.

You must do it before re-start of play.

No Tommy, you’re wrong.