Jump to content
Space Pirate

In Hindsight - Tommy Wright

Recommended Posts

Space Pirate
1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

If I do, it won’t be for the first, second or third time. But I would take it rather than have anybody like Wright, with all his attitude towards Hearts, being offered our manager job. Call me petty or stupid if you like, but I’ve got more pride and backbone than to be content about Hearts asking him to help our club. 
The man would probably turn us down, with similar contempt that he has always shown towards us, anyway. I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction. 
So yes, each to their own, and that’s mine.

 

Muppet. 

 

He would jump at the chance and do a better job than most. 

But naw, we dinnae like him, he's a dick. 

Edited by Space Pirate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King

He would’ve been our Butcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

 

Muppet. 

 

He would jump at the chance and do a better job than most. 

But naw, we dinnae like him, he's a dick. 

Why do you think nobody else has ever given him a job if he’s so great, he will be on pennies there? I know someone who worked for him and he’s really unpopular up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Pirate
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why do you think nobody else has ever given him a job if he’s so great, he will be on pennies there? I know someone who worked for him and he’s really unpopular up there.

 

aww not this shite again. 

Heard it all about shankland. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

 

aww not this shite again. 

Heard it all about shankland. 

 

What’s shite about it? Any proof that anyone has even considered him? Why is he still there? You have no answer?

Shankland should’ve been purchased instead of Wighton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JackLadd
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He would’ve been our Butcher.

 

Stendel is doing a good job of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
Just now, JackLadd said:

 

Stendel is doing a good job of that. 

Yeah it’s all his fault, he assembled a squad of chicken hearted injury prone mugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Pirate
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

What’s shite about it? Any proof that anyone has even considered him? Why is he still there? You have no answer?

Shankland should’ve been purchased instead of Wighton.

 

If we purchased shankland and wright we wouldn't be were we are now. 

Can i prove it? naw, but have you seen the nick of us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
McCrae

I think the mess CL and Budge created it was inevitable we would be in this position. We have huge weaknesses in our squad which are causing problems every week. 
Going down may actually be the medicine required. It will allow us to get rid of the dross and rebuild our team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

 

If we purchased shankland and wright we wouldn't be were we are now. 

Can i prove it? naw, but have you seen the nick of us. 

Yes and how would someone who plays the same tactics as Levein get us any further than where we are now? 
We’re all raging but I just don’t think he would be any better. One man is responsible for all this and should be hounded out the club never to return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

 

If we purchased shankland and wright we wouldn't be were we are now. 

Can i prove it? naw, but have you seen the nick of us. 

 

If Berra, Naismith, Souttar, Haring and Uche hadn't all got injured when they did for as long as they did in 2018/19 and then Walker, Washington, Halkett, Naismith again, Haring again, and Souttar again hadn't got injured at the start of this season we wouldn't be where we are now. I like this "if" game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

I think the mess CL and Budge created it was inevitable we would be in this position. We have huge weaknesses in our squad which are causing problems every week. 
Going down may actually be the medicine required. It will allow us to get rid of the dross and rebuild our team. 

Unfortunately this could well be true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Pirate

Our boards favourite song

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff

I think Tommy Wright has done a great job at St Johnstone but I wouldn't have him at Hearts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Pirate
13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think Tommy Wright has done a great job at St Johnstone but I wouldn't have him at Hearts. 

~Halkett is better than souttar. Just saying .

Edited by Space Pirate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff
3 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

~Halkett is better than souttar. 

And pigs can fly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Pirate
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

And pigs can fly. 

 

How Souttar is vice captain i will never know. he never says boo to anyone. 

When was the last time he pulled us out the shit with a goal?

Souttar being a quality player is a myth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff
1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

 

How Souttar is vice captain i will never know. he never says boo to anyone. 

When was the last time he pulled us out the shit with a goal?

Souttar being a quality player is a myth. 

Aye, Paul Hanlons better mate. 👍 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Pirate
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Aye, Paul Hanlons better mate. 👍 

 

Just my opinion mate, just my opinion. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Pirate

We are where we are for a reason. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

 

Muppet. 

 

He would jump at the chance and do a better job than most. 

But naw, we dinnae like him, he's a dick. 

If that’s the level of your debating skills, I’ll call it a day having a discussion with you.

Not many things appeal to me less than talking to unpleasant, ill mannered individuals.

I respect your point of view about Wright, although I can’t agree with it, but certainly don’t respect you.

Ta Ta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Pirate
2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

If that’s the level of your debating skills, I’ll call it a day having a discussion with you.

Not many things appeal to me less than talking to unpleasant, ill mannered individuals.

I respect your point of view about Wright, although I can’t agree with it, but certainly don’t respect you.

Ta Ta.

 

Mate, it's Saturday night, what sort of debating skills are you expecting?

I hope I've not ruined your sleep. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

 

Mate, it's Saturday night, what sort of debating skills are you expecting?

I hope I've not ruined your sleep. 

😴

Nope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
3 hours ago, Nicholas Brody said:

 

Thanks.

 

Were we not near the mark on wage costs for the team in Vlads time?

 

Done some quick maths and if we go with the £9,000,000 a year in player wages, it's £173,000 a week in player wages. 

 

Absolutely no chance.


id think its a good 60k a week less than that. I’m sure it was £108k or so last year and was upto £111K or £113k this. The 9million has been done to death , sure it included all staff costs aswell on here but FF is prob best to ask.

 

budget is **** all between Aberdeen Hearts and Hibs , 5k a year is minimal when it comes to all things involved in signing a player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle

That daft ***** was weeks away from being sacked. He’s turned it around , yes, but he’s still an anti football *****.

 

Half the idiots on here would still boo him if we were winning 1-0 week in as we won’t be scoring ten goals.

 

melons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
weehammy
5 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

We should have just gave Tommy Wright a 1 year rolling contract. 

We're in a relegation battle and we need someone that knows the score and consistently has a team with a budget of pennies punching above their weight. 

 

When a team faces a relegation battle in the english premiership, they don't sign some new guy on the block with an attacking mind set, they sign sam allardyce.

 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

image.png

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheTrumpet
5 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

 

You need to stop thinking then. 

It's easier to shoot the messenger that argue facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh

Would still have been an awful choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer
8 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

We are where we are for a reason. 

 

So you keep saying. Over and f’n over on every thread 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brauhauser2012
12 hours ago, stotty said:

Main complaint with previous manager was eye bleeding football, I fail to see how Tommy Wright would've addressed those complaints.

My main complaint is that he destroyed our players and turned them into lazy unfit entitled fragile disconnected journeymen. Berra has talked about players hiding in the medical room. They all want someone else to carry them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paolo
12 hours ago, Gards said:

Because we would have been better sticking with Levein than Wright,  That's why.

Not saying Wright is the man, but I’d disagree with this. 
 

Wright’s eye-bleeding football gets them results and punching above their weight. It even won them a cup.  Levein’s eye-bleeding football won us nothing, and took us to bottom of the table. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skinnybob72

Tommy Wright's biggest crime is that he's seen as a "welt" in the eyes of a lot of our supporters. He cares about his team and if that means saying things that the opposition's fans don't like then so be it. All manager do it. Does anyone think Levein was popular with the fans of other teams while he was doing reasonably well here?

 

Derek McInnes and Neil Lennon are another pair of "welts" that we wouldn't want near our club according to this forum - and it's probably hard to disagree...

 

However, I don't really care whether our manager is a nice guy or a welt - I want to see the team winning, moving up the league, challenging for Europe. If we need to employ an utter welt as manager for this to happen then so be it. 

 

One of the first things that the club said when Anne came in was that we would only sign players with the 'right character' - looks where that has got us.

 

A team of 11 snarling welts with a welt in the dugout might be what we need. No more 'nice guy losers'! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uche

Tommy Wright would not have been the answer.  Steve Robinson, Robbie Neilson or Jack Ross would have all been better appointments IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The rat catcher

Pantwetters out in force. They talk utter Tommy Wright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Psychedelicropcircle

Might start a thread in hindsight Pochettino. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fila

No thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Montpelier
17 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

No. TR is fine for a team like St Johnstone; not for us.

By we are bottom of the league not St Johnstone get real TW not for us ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot

In hindsight CL should have gone after the final and the new manager brought in then with a full window.

 

Further hindsight, something that I warned about is that having not sacked CL in the summer, sacking him when we did was very poor in the timing.

Many wanted CL just gone, but sacking him before Decembers run of games and then putting a guy like Stendel in charge was a massive risk.

 

Having not sacked CL in the summer past, he should have seen the season out and been replaced this summer, although I can see why he was sacked.

 

Stendel getting the job in the summer would have been fantastic. 

 

Tommy wright is not the answer to our long term plans but right now we need the short term fixed asap.

 

Wright would not take a 1 year rolling contract anyway, who would ? Terrible for the individual unless getting paid well over the normal rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
12 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

That daft ***** was weeks away from being sacked. He’s turned it around , yes, but he’s still an anti football *****.

 

Half the idiots on here would still boo him if we were winning 1-0 week in as we won’t be scoring ten goals.

 

melons.

 

 

You are on form.

 

Everything you post is bang on.

 

Posters- Get Robbie/ cl to ****, eye bleeding football.

Same posters- Wright is the answer.

 

Posters- I don't mind getting beat if we try to win, we should always try to win.

Same posters- we should rest key players in the cup and away to celtic as we'll get beat anyway/ cup not important.

 

Posters- Just sack CL, it can't get any worse, anything is better.

Same posters- Stendel is not the answer, things are getting worse.

 

 

Posters ( under cl) - We need to attack and press high, do that and we'll win ( despite being told that it is not a god like tactic).

Same posters ( now)- We are pressing too high and getting caught out, we need to defend better.

 

 

Posters- Yes, Berra is gone, too slow, too old, we'll crack on now.

Same posters- aw naw, we are worse in the air and the defence is unbalanced as we don't have a left sided centre half.

 

 

Also, at the same time  not seeing the irony in Wright turning it round as he was given time to us sacking CL .

That is the icing on the big fat, shit Irony cake 

 

Melons is the perfect summary

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
queensferryjambo
19 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

We should have just gave Tommy Wright a 1 year rolling contract. 

We're in a relegation battle and we need someone that knows the score and consistently has a team with a budget of pennies punching above their weight. 

 

When a team faces a relegation battle in the english premiership, they don't sign some new guy on the block with an attacking mind set, they sign sam allardyce.

 

 

No thanks.

 

I really don't know what Hearts need right now, I don't know id Stendel can do it long term but one thing I do know is I don't want Tommy Wright at the club.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Riccarton3
20 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

I know everyone ****ing hates him but he probably would have steadied the ship and got more out of a team full of underachievers.

I don't know who advised Budge on the appointment but it smacked off a lack of appreciation of life at the bottom of the league. Almost looking beyond this season as if survival was a given

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Roller
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

I don't know who advised Budge on the appointment but it smacked off a lack of appreciation of life at the bottom of the league. Almost looking beyond this season as if survival was a given


She was still talking about top 4 finishes soon before Levein was ‘sacked’. Whilst the majority of fans could see we were in a scrap for survival, she thought 13 months of being the worst team in the league was suddenly going to flip on its head.

 

Delusional doesn’t quite cover it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VALDOS'

I said it at the time, a healthy JJ and BB would have been the perfect short term fix, no doubts about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Did the Great Tommy no get the NI job? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I don't know who advised Budge on the appointment but it smacked off a lack of appreciation of life at the bottom of the league. Almost looking beyond this season as if survival was a given

If that’s the case then she’ll a bit shell shocked now I imagine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fort Vallance
21 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

We should have just gave Tommy Wright a 1 year rolling contract. 

We're in a relegation battle and we need someone that knows the score and consistently has a team with a budget of pennies punching above their weight. 

 

When a team faces a relegation battle in the english premiership, they don't sign some new guy on the block with an attacking mind set, they sign sam allardyce.

 

By that logic why go for Tommy Wright, just get Allardyce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
colinmaroon
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

You are on form.

 

Everything you post is bang on.

 

Posters- Get Robbie/ cl to ****, eye bleeding football.

Same posters- Wright is the answer.

 

Posters- I don't mind getting beat if we try to win, we should always try to win.

Same posters- we should rest key players in the cup and away to celtic as we'll get beat anyway/ cup not important.

 

Posters- Just sack CL, it can't get any worse, anything is better.

Same posters- Stendel is not the answer, things are getting worse.

 

 

Posters ( under cl) - We need to attack and press high, do that and we'll win ( despite being told that it is not a god like tactic).

Same posters ( now)- We are pressing too high and getting caught out, we need to defend better.

 

 

Posters- Yes, Berra is gone, too slow, too old, we'll crack on now.

Same posters- aw naw, we are worse in the air and the defence is unbalanced as we don't have a left sided centre half.

 

 

Also, at the same time  not seeing the irony in Wright turning it round as he was given time to us sacking CL .

That is the icing on the big fat, shit Irony cake 

 

Melons is the perfect summary

 

 

 

 

When you study the posters contributions across the board, the suggestion is perfectly understandable going by their usual.

 

Wright suggestion is a howler, as per their usual.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Malinga the Swinga

There is something  about Tommy Wright that makes him very difficult to like. I am glad we didn't appoint him manager, but if we had, would have got behind him. 

 

Instead ad of spending rest of season worrying about what we could have done, may I suggest it is better to get behind what we do have and hope that we improve.

 

The close season is when we can look back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
weehammy
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

There is something  about Tommy Wright that makes him very difficult to like. I am glad we didn't appoint him manager, but if we had, would have got behind him. 
 

 

We would have needed to buy him a maroon donkey jacket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
20 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

Well that's utter bollocks yet again from him! They've had 2-3 times our budget for much of the last 5 years, we're only starting to get close to them these last couple of windows. 

 

Even looking at his own job that's bollocks. Levein was getting what £185k for doing two jobs compared to his £700-900k! McInnes waved cash in front of Nail McGinn, Curtis Main, Matty Kennedy and others to get them when we were interested. Maybe he's sore we pipped him to Boyce.


Aberdeen had two or three times out budget???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...