Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Mr Elwood P

• The Real Maroonblood

• Pasquale for King

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

Thanks.

Were we not near the mark on wage costs for the team in Vlads time?

Done some quick maths and if we go with the £9,000,000 a year in player wages, it's £173,000 a week in player wages. 

Absolutely no chance.

Yes our average i think was noted recently to be £140k i think

57 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Sooner go down with the good ship stendel!!!

:) , cant stand him, bad loser for a start, dunno about going down though, i dont think we will IMHO.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Aberdeen wages were £500k higher last season, this includes derek Mcinnes rumoured £800k per annum salary.. 

ON the pitch I’d be amazed if they are still spending more than us - reasonably sure next Account’s will show that we are clearly spending more

which is embarsssing tbh

Think you're underestimating just how much money has been and is being pumped into Aberdeen. Fees paid for two players in January alone. Outbid is for several players we were credited with an interest in recently including Nail McGinn, Bryson, Curtis Main, plus turning down alleged multi-million bids for really rather a poor defender.

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Aberdeen wages were £500k higher last season, this includes derek Mcinnes rumoured £800k per annum salary.. 

ON the pitch I’d be amazed if they are still spending more than us - reasonably sure next Account’s will show that we are clearly spending more

which is embarsssing tbh

Perhaps only going by last figures around.

17 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Seems the wee team are infesting our forum again today 😂😂

You're delusional. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Levein would likely have saved us, and possibly still would. No-one, including me, wants him back.

Levein would have saved ****all. 

He put us where we are. Open your eyes. 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Levein would likely have saved us, and possibly still would. No-one, including me, wants him back.

Rather be relegated?

Nicholas Brody
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Yes our average i think was noted recently to be £140k i think

That's still over £7,000,000 which is shocking.

38 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

They guy that has pished copious amounts of money down the drain?

The guy that gave damour a 4 year contract?

The guy that signed Vanacek then called him rubbish?

Away ye go. 

I have my opinion.  You have yours,  I think you're at it.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Cynic said:

Rather be relegated?

I don't think we'll be relegated but if we can't win a couple more points than Hamilton and St Mirren over the next few months we'll deserve to be.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Levein would have saved ****all. 

He put us where we are. Open your eyes. 

To be fair, I can see why a Hibs fan would hate Craig Levein. Still tickles me that a Levein discovered and mentored Head Coach is currently managing Hibs, and doing quite a Levein (circa 2017/18) job too by the sounds of it in terms of league position, stye of football, etc.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

To be fair, I can see why a Hibs fan would hate Craig Levein. Still tickles me that a Levein discovered and mentored Head Coach is currently managing Hibs, and doing quite a Levein (circa 2017/18) job too by the sounds of it in terms of league position, stye of football, etc.

If Levein took us down to the 3rd division, you'd still back him. You opinion counts for shit. 

Do you not question why we got rid of Ross?

They guy knows his stuff and obviously clashed with levein. 

Edited by Space Pirate

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Think you're underestimating just how much money has been and is being pumped into Aberdeen. Fees paid for two players in January alone. Outbid is for several players we were credited with an interest in recently including Nail McGinn, Bryson, Curtis Main, plus turning down alleged multi-million bids for really rather a poor defender.

I don’t think I am - I don’t think they hVe anyone in their squad earning as much as Boyce or Naismith.. don’t forget glen Whelan as well who was reputedly on £8k per week. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Space Pirate said:

If Levein took us down to the 3rd division, you'd still back him. You opinion counts for shit. 

I don't back him now. As I say, I can see why you don't like him though.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t think I am - I don’t think they hVe anyone in their squad earning as much as Boyce or Naismith.. don’t forget glen Whelan as well who was reputedly on £8k per week. 

FFS.

1 hour ago, Coco said:

Tommy Wright has been a fantastic manager for St Johnstone.  The stick he gets on here is ludicrous.  Alan Preston was saying on the radio that Levein's budget was six times Wright's!

1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

I know everyone ****ing hates him but he probably would have steadied the ship and got more out of a team full of underachievers.

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

St Johnstone are a far better team than us. 
What exactly do you mean by a team like St Johnstone as if we are better than them!! 

1 hour ago, Hairdryer said:

I would take him now if it was possible 

These. Maybe we should take a look at ourselves, we have talked ourselves into thinking that we're the upper-crust of Scottish football but we're chronic under-achievers compared to the likes of St Johnstone, certainly in recent years. 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don't back him now. As I say, I can see why you don't like him though.

I dunno what you're trying to say. 

If you're suggesting tha i'm a hibs fan, i wouldn't hate him, i would love him. 

Just now, upgotheheads said:

These. Maybe we should take a look at ourselves, we have talked ourselves into thinking that we're the upper-crust of Scottish football but we're chronic under-achievers compared to the likes of St Johnstone, certainly in recent years. 

Spot on that’s why we constantly fair to beat these kind of teams because we think we are better when in reality it the opposite. These teams love playing us because more often than not it will result in 3 points. 
We are chronic underachievers! 

Scottie Wanshot.
1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

We should have just gave Tommy Wright a 1 year rolling contract. 

We're in a relegation battle and we need someone that knows the score and consistently has a team with a budget of pennies punching above their weight. 

When a team faces a relegation battle in the english premiership, they don't sign some new guy on the block with an attacking mind set, they sign sam allardyce.

totally agree with what your saying, how can he keep sending our two full backs forward. then we lose the ball, and were getting hammered with only 2 defenders back.

With the money we've spent, the money we put into FOH, the amount of season tickets we buy etc etc, we should be challenging for 3rd and not getting absolutely humped by the likes of livingston. 

Miss management to the highest degree. It's shameful. 

1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

With the money we've spent, the money we put into FOH, the amount of season tickets we buy etc etc, we should be challenging for 3rd and not getting absolutely humped by the likes of livingston. 

Miss management to the highest degree. It's shameful. 

Shameful is the word.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Spot on that’s why we constantly fair to beat these kind of teams because we think we are better when in reality it the opposite. These teams love playing us because more often than not it will result in 3 points. 
We are chronic underachievers! 

We are underachieving but St Johnstone isn't our benchmark. The bigger underachievers over a long period are clubs around our size like Hibs and Aberdeen. St Johnstone did have a good wee spell, like Killie and Motherwell do now and then. On the whole - I'm talking long-term - chronic underachievers is not the label for us when you look at Scottish teams. Chronic suggests constant underachievement. Both Hibs and Aberdeen either went into a tailspin like we're in and got relegated or very nearly got relegated. The test will be how long we stay down here. Not that long ago, Hibs finished bottom 6 several years in a row, as did Aberdeen, before they pulled themselves together. In our bad 3 years we actually still finished top 6 twice and got to a cup final, before this season. Perspective is everything!

If we fail to get promoted for 3 years like Hibs recently or finish 10th, 9th and 8th 3 or 4 years in a row like Aberdeen not that long ago, then we can start talking about chronic underachievement. These clubs turned themselves around (while still not especially achieving great things) and we will too.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Tommy Wright would have been an excellent stop gap appointment.

His St Johnstone side took three off us going on 5 or 6. Hardly negative football.

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We are underachieving but St Johnstone isn't our benchmark. The bigger underachievers over a long period are clubs around our size like Hibs and Aberdeen. St Johnstone did have a good wee spell, like Killie and Motherwell do now and then. On the whole - I'm talking long-term - chronic underachievers is not the label for us when you look at Scottish teams. Chronic suggests constant underachievement. Both Hibs and Aberdeen either went into a tailspin like we're in and got relegated or very nearly got relegated. The test will be how long we stay down here. Not that long ago, Hibs finished bottom 6 several years in a row, as did Aberdeen, before they pulled themselves together. In our bad 3 years we actually still finished top 6 twice and got to a cup final, before this season. Perspective is everything!

Chronic underachievers is definitely the words to use for us. 

You're mental. 

Edited by Space Pirate

SectionDJambo

Sorry, but after 60 years of following Hearts, if Tommy Wright had got the manager's job, I reckon I would have called it a day and just reflected on the 3 cups I've been lucky enough to see. 

The man has shown nothing but contempt and scorn for my club, and I want him only to be at Tynecastle as an opponent.

32 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

You need to stop thinking then. 

You can suggest all you want.  You can take a jump at the same time you troll.

3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Sorry, but after 60 years of following Hearts, if Tommy Wright had got the manager's job, I reckon I would have called it a day and just reflected on the 3 cups I've been lucky enough to see. 

The man has shown nothing but contempt and scorn for my club, and I want him only to be at Tynecastle as an opponent.

Aye well, you'll most likely see us down in the championship and have the time of your life. 

Each to their own. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

Chronic underachievers is definitely the words to use for us. 

You're mental. 

It's not for the reasons given above. Do you know what "chronic" means? We're lucky as Hearts fans how consistent we've actually been. Finishing 8th I think it was under Romanov was a genuine shock as we'd never been in the bottom 6, unlike our rivals. Generally we've had more good times and fewer really bad times than all the other non-OF teams. Now we're having as bad a time (actually not as bad) as, as I said, Hibs and Aberdeen have had very recently. But if you want to act like the world's ending go for it. Point is we're not immune from having bad seasons. No amount of spraffing "But We're Hearts" will change that. The correct response is to continue to back the team, trusting that we'll come out the other side better.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's not for the reasons given above. Do you know what "chronic" means? We're lucky as Hearts fans how consistent we've actually been. Finishing 8th I think it was under Romanov was a genuine shock as we'd never been in the bottom 6, unlike our rivals. Generally we've had more good times and fewer really bad times than all the other non-OF teams. Now we're having as bad a time (actually not as bad) as, as I said, Hibs and Aberdeen have had very recently. But if you want to act like the world's ending go for it. Point is we're not immune from having bad seasons. No amount of spraffing "But We're Hearts" will change that. The correct response is to continue to back the team, trusting that we'll come out the other side better.

I really hate your mentality. 

It's a loser mentality and it's no surprise to me than you love Craig Levein. 

You're happy to settle for mediocrity because of what you've witnessed in the past. It's ridiculous. 

We're worse than mediocre just now and you're still backing the man. 

2 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

We should have just gave Tommy Wright a 1 year rolling contract. 

We're in a relegation battle and we need someone that knows the score and consistently has a team with a budget of pennies punching above their weight. 

When a team faces a relegation battle in the english premiership, they don't sign some new guy on the block with an attacking mind set, they sign sam allardyce.

Just so you know, ive been considering putting you on ignore for a wee while (Ive only ever put 2 others on ignore) and this has done it... bye you phantom

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

I really hate your mentality. 

It's a loser mentality and it's no surprise to me than you love Craig Levein. 

You're happy to settle for mediocrity because of what you've witnessed in the past. It's ridiculous. 

We're worse than mediocre just now and you're still backing the man. 

It's the opposite. I'm just 100% confident we'll recover from bad seasons pretty quickly - either with the same manager or a new one. Seen it many times. In previous years, you would have been calling for Doddie's head before he even got the chance to do what he did later. And accusing people backing him to have more time of being "losers". I don't love Craig Levein. He's one of my favourite Hearts players and least favourite Hearts managers. I don't have any other Hearts DoFs to measure him against.

Edited by ToqueJambo

18 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

well said

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Tommy Wright 😂😂

I would rather go down than have that roaster anywhere near HMFC

Go down on who? levein? 

5 minutes ago, frodoker said:

Just so you know, ive been considering putting you on ignore for a wee while (Ive only ever put 2 others on ignore) and this has done it... bye you phantom

Check this drama queen out ^^^^

🤣

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Ok I’d rather be relegated than have that wank 

Nobody want's to hear about you having a wank. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Nicholas Brody said:

Thanks.

Were we not near the mark on wage costs for the team in Vlads time?

Done some quick maths and if we go with the £9,000,000 a year in player wages, it's £173,000 a week in player wages. 

Absolutely no chance.

This is like when another Aberdeen manager (pretty sure it was Aberdeen, Calderwood I think) said our players were bigger and we turned out to be a smaller team, and another one (Calderwood or McInnes himself I think) said we were older and more experienced and we turned out to be younger. 

SectionDJambo
22 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Aye well, you'll most likely see us down in the championship and have the time of your life. 

Each to their own. 

If I do, it won’t be for the first, second or third time. But I would take it rather than have anybody like Wright, with all his attitude towards Hearts, being offered our manager job. Call me petty or stupid if you like, but I’ve got more pride and backbone than to be content about Hearts asking him to help our club. 
The man would probably turn us down, with similar contempt that he has always shown towards us, anyway. I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction. 
So yes, each to their own, and that’s mine.

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

If I do, it won’t be for the first, second or third time. But I would take it rather than have anybody like Wright, with all his attitude towards Hearts, being offered our manager job. Call me petty or stupid if you like, but I’ve got more pride and backbone than to be content about Hearts asking him to help our club. 
The man would probably turn us down, with similar contempt that he has always shown towards us, anyway. I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction. 
So yes, each to their own, and that’s mine.

Muppet. 

He would jump at the chance and do a better job than most. 

But naw, we dinnae like him, he's a dick. 

Edited by Space Pirate