“Official Celtic v Heart of Midlothian match day thread “

SMJ_1874

Exactly this. Teams (including Celtic) aren't beating us and scoring goals due to their superior skill. It's goalkeeping and defensive mistakes. It's happened in the last few games. I don't know how Daniel is going to turn it around in the next 2 games.

Also with St Johnstone and Kilmarnock both winning tonight it now looks like it is now 2 from 4 going down.

I would love to post something positive and uplifting. But Im struggling to find much just now

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Francis Albert

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Not at all.  I think a lot of people on here wallow in any OF misfortunes.  

I'm not worried in the slightest about us going down.  Not going to happen.  Full strength on Saturday I hope and we'll smash Hamilton to pulp.  Plain sailing from there.

After watching the last few matches I do not share your optimism. I will take a playoff now. 

2 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Boyce is a good signing but the fact your saying Avdijaj is a might be is part of the problem. The position we are in we needed to be signing players ready to make a difference. Theres no doubt the keeper is poor but that cant cover up the calamitous defending in front of him.

Don't think anyone and I mean anyone was disappointed when we signed Halkett or Souttar. Garrucio has been terrible since he came back. Aidy White is okay going forward but that defence is as bad as it is because they ALL know how atrocious the keeper is, Imagine the belief growing during the game, we good nick something here and then Coco does that and we're ****** again. He's got to be dropped. I don't understand the Clare substitution or the MacDonald one tonight to be honest but the only Hibs players I would take are Allan and Marciano. That's how f'n bad things are, I'd rather have Hibs goalkeeper.

38 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Ffs :facepalm:

You can ffs all you want , one win in the league since he arrived . What gives you the confidence he can turn it around ? Take the blinkers off. I know he inherited shite but he has done nothing to suggest otherwise . To keep playing that clown in goals says it all . Never heard of him until he arrived at Hearts and I’m sure he will disappear again just as fast . 

8 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

It's easy to give up.

I know this. 

It can be difficult to believe. And right now, almost impossible to.

But Hearts need us to believe, and support. 

Us fans make our club.

We know we are better than this, which means it our responsibility to show it. 

Never give up, 

(Cringe)

Just now, JOHNART82 said:

never going to win tonight ! its all about next 2 games 

Exactly. This round of fixtures has went as well as we could have (realistically) hoped. Beat Hamilton and we’re likely to fe a point of tenth.

3 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

You haven’t watched us much recently have you? 

Correct.  The post you refer to was a poor attempt at sarcasm.  Still don't think we'll go down though.

Getting a doing in Glasgow doesn't change anything, all that matters is beating Accies and StMirren as imo the best we can hope for is 10th. I have no idea if we can beat them, can't say I'm too confident but these are now our cup finals so the players will surely be 100% up for it. If we can't then we will deserve to go down.

wattie exploited

so  much for we will attack them what a ****ing joke ,we have so many shit players still its embarrassing as **** that we shit it off celtic  every time we play then in Glasgow  :rifle: 

Ernie Eskilsson
11 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I agree. Were not in a good position but folk need to calm down a bit. Celtic are by far the best team in Scotland and they stepped it up a gear tonight. I thought  we were playing reasonably well first half. Silly errors cost us but overall played ok. Didnt compete 2nd half but Celtic played really well. Not many teams would cope with that. 
Beat St Mirren & Hamilton & theres a whole new outlook. 

We started well against St Johnstone and Killie but conceded easy goals and fell out of the games. You say silly errors but it’s every game and I think, Perreira apart, it’s more the tactics than the players. Other teams are finding Stendel’s setup too easy to beat. We’ll know for sure after the next two games...

HardcoreJambo

Langer played very well against Falkirk the other night however today he had an absolute stinker. Slightly concerned by some of the new recruits. Adonis hasn't yet lived up to his potential. Stendel seems to have well and truly underestimated the quality of this league. The goalie situation is incredibly frustrating given we just had an entire window to resolve that issue. I've mentioned it before, but as much as I want to see the youngsters get their chance to play, in a relegation battle, you need experience and quality. Currently we are lacking in both. Halkett needs dropped for a few games. Naismith also needs to do more. Thankfully Hamilton lost last night so tonight was a free shot but the manner in which we lost tonight is disappointing. Defensively we are so weak under Stendel.

We need to get our heads back up and bring on Hamilton! 

No point mulling over this expected defeat. We need 3 points on Saturday, or relegation is pretty much guaranteed.

What a shambles.

manaliveits105
4 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Guys on Sportsound shouting over each other in their rush to slag us off.

Ferguson raging because his beloved have just lost the league and is venting it on Hearts. Now we're being slagged for getting rid of Glen ****ing Whelan.

We were crap tonight but **** me I don't remember any other team getting torn into the way I've just heard us. 22 year old boy playing his 3rd game individually slaughtered.

Maybe being sensitive because of the horrendous result and our impending doom but even still I feel it's bang out.

BBC hate Hearts but we seem happy at board level to let them say or do what they want - we need to get them telt and ban them if no improvement

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I just don’t think our players are good enough 

Nor do I. 

We're bottom of the league for a reason, and it isn't because of DS's tactics, although there are questions about those.

Jambof3tornado
13 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

It's easy to give up.

I know this. 

It can be difficult to believe. And right now, almost impossible to.

But Hearts need us to believe, and support. 

Us fans make our club.

We know we are better than this, which means it our responsibility to show it. 

Never give up, 

The hearts way is always the hard way so I fully expect this battle to go down to the wire.

No point throwing in the towel just coz we got pumped by Celtic.

GorgieFifeLife
2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Don't think anyone and I mean anyone was disappointed when we signed Halkett or Souttar. Garrucio has been terrible since he came back. Aidy White is okay going forward but that defence is as bad as it is because they ALL know how atrocious the keeper is, Imagine the belief growing during the game, we good nick something here and then Coco does that and we're ****** again. He's got to be dropped. I don't understand the Clare substitution or the MacDonald one tonight to be honest but the only Hibs players I would take are Allan and Marciano. That's how f'n bad things are, I'd rather have Hibs goalkeeper.

Cant argue with any of that. There are too many things not quite right at the moment and it's going to be a fight to the death. I just hope these players have got something in them. I dont actually rate Allan much think he disappears when going gets tough. Docherty, McNulty, Marciano and Boyle would get a game for us.

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Nor do I. 

We're bottom of the league for a reason, and it isn't because of DS's tactics, although there are questions about those.

Continuing to play joel plus zonal marking has cost us goals.

Last 5 games:

Kilmarnock LLWWW 9 points (32 total)

St Johnstone WLDWW 10 points (30 total)

Ross County LLLWL 3 points (25 total)

St Mirren LDDDL 3 points (22 total)

Hamilton LLLDL 1 point (19 total)

Hearts DWDLL 5 points (18 total)

1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

Nor do I. 

There certainly are questions. 

His record so far is grim reading and his signings apart from Boyce look very questionable. 

Don't though if the guy has a plan B though. 

Looking at tonight you have to doubt that tbh. 

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Last 5 games:

Kilmarnock LLWWW 9 points (32 total)

St Johnstone WLDWW 10 points (30 total)

Ross County LLLWL 3 points (25 total)

St Mirren LDDDL 3 points (22 total)

Hamilton LLLDL 1 point (19 total)

Hearts DWDLL 5 points (18 total)

The only consolation I can take from tonight is that the other results didn't go against us. We CAN get out of this but we've got to stop conceding and that means we got to drop the keeper. He's worse than mince

Celtic hump most teams, who cares

Saturday is like a cup final for us and we have to score first. We always seem to start well and then the keeper blows it. Someone needs to check his betting slip.

cardboardcutout
1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Cant argue with any of that. There are too many things not quite right at the moment and it's going to be a fight to the death. I just hope these players have got something in them. I dont actually rate Allan much think he disappears when going gets tough. Docherty, McNulty, Marciano and Boyle would get a game for us.

Jack Ross would get a game for us!  We’ve no physicality and that’s the major difference between us and EVERY other team in this league. Add no pace to the problem and a porous defence and were good to go down. Desperately sad given the funds fans have put in and frankly the boards position is untenable as it stands!

Just now, jambopilms said:

Celtic hump most teams, who cares

Saturday is like a cup final for us and we have to score first. We always seem to start well and then the keeper blows it. Someone needs to check his betting slip.

They seem to give us more humpings than anyone else it seems. 

The number of times it has been 4 5 or 6 over the years is a ****** joke tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

They seem to give us more humpings than anyone else it seems. 

The number of times it has been 4 5 or 6 over the years is a ****** joke tbh. 

Fairly sure they regularly hump teams, hence the massive goal difference. Scored three or more in every game since the break.

Edited by jambopilms

7 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Continuing to play joel plus zonal marking has cost us goals.

6 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

There certainly are questions. 

His record so far is grim reading and his signings apart from Boyce look very questionable. 

Don't though if the guy has a plan B though. 

Looking at tonight you have to doubt that tbh. 

You're both right, of course, but I think that CL's poor recruiting in the last 2-3 years is the main factor.

Fully agree with you but my confidence is at a very low ebb and find it hard to believe we can win 2 games in a row but I will keep the faith forever

15 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Getting a doing in Glasgow doesn't change anything, all that matters is beating Accies and StMirren as imo the best we can hope for is 10th. I have no idea if we can beat them, can't say I'm too confident but these are now our cup finals so the players will surely be 100% up for it. If we can't then we will deserve to go down.

49 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

17 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Basic mistakes are proving costly.

Every game Gambo - every game

Any other manager in the last 4 years and you’d be going tonto at them with them to blame.

3 or 4 games ago I thought we had been improving game on game and was confident we were turning it round

We have gone backwards rapidly the last 3 games which is a huge concern and the manager has to be part of the scrutiny.

Doesnt he?

Personally - I question whether the players are really buying into what he is trying to do.

Edited by Jammy T

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

:laugh2: good point. 

Has he? Hmm probably then. 

Or ****ing break his wrists in training. 

24 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

so  much for we will attack them what a ****ing joke ,we have so many shit players still its embarrassing as **** that we shit it off celtic  every time we play then in Glasgow  :rifle: 

We did attack them, but we’ve got Beebop and Rocksteady in centre defence, with a ****ing teletubbie behind them.

6 minutes ago, WaikatoJambo said:

Not had a chance to watch any of this as still at work - how many of the goals Pereira at fault for this time?

At least two of them

millerjames398
20 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

BBC hate Hearts but we seem happy at board level to let them say or do what they want - we need to get them telt and ban them if no improvement

Doesn't help that we've invited the ***** into our inner sanctum, to do a documentary😖, at least this shit show of a season has been captured for prosperity for every other club to piss themselves laughing at, nice one...

7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

If people don’t think our players are better than Hamilton’s or St Mirren’s they are on the wind up.

They both have better keepers 🤦‍♂️

Ricardo Quaresma
2 hours ago, dsk1210 said:

Well I am watching on Hearts tv international right now. I don't know why yours is not working.

Yeah, got it working, shit commentary as usual though, "The Hoops", "The Lisbon Lions End"

WHAT!!!!

F off!!!!

10 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Every game Gambo - every game

Any other manager in the last 4 years and you’d be going tonto at them with them to blame.

3 or 4 games ago I thought we had been improving game on game and was confident we were turning it round

We have gone backwards rapidly the last 3 games which is a huge concern and the manager has to be part of the scrutiny.

Doesnt he?

Personally - I question whether the players are really buying into what he is trying to do.

I think the players are buying into it.  You saw it first half.  We’re playing some nice, clever football to get into good positions, but as soon as we’re defending we look like an under 8s team who want to be somewhere else.  We’re supposed to have the future of Scottish football in centre defence!!!

Just now, wattie exploited said:

We started ok, Wattie, but just no good enough. Second right after half time killed it

19 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

The only consolation I can take from tonight is that the other results didn't go against us. We CAN get out of this but we've got to stop conceding and that means we got to drop the keeper. He's worse than mince

At some point were going to have to rely on our results to get us out of this, rather than others.

I can't see where the next win is coming from.

2 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Doesn't help that we've invited the ***** into our inner sanctum, to do a documentary😖, at least this shit show of a season has been captured for prosperity for every other club to piss themselves laughing at, nice one...

The club will come out a laughing stock from the docu but you can rest assured saint Ann will look good after it.

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

At least two of them

It’s not just his ball stoping that’s bad it’s his positional play it’s absolutely the pits of the earth !

3 minutes ago, One five said:

They both have better keepers 🤦‍♂️

And that could be crucial.