“Official Celtic v Heart of Midlothian match day thread “

SMJ_1874

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

No on form since the season began goal difference won't come into it.

You used to be a star.  What happened?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Francis Albert

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Gerd Muller said:

Is there any stats out there that show our bad we are through in Glasgow compared to other teams? 

Yes.

4 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Don’t talk shite.

They are floundering about 6th/7th and are massively under performing for a club their size in this league. If they ‘nailed’ their recruitment they would be clear in 3rd.

Hibs are PISH. We’re just worse.

Apart from their strikers do their intended job. We have Conor Worseington and such like.

1 minute ago, Phage said:

Quite clearly we have a contractual obligation to play Joel :(

If that’s the case who ever agreed to that needs sacked.

been here before
5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Now you are just scrapping the barrel for things to moan about it.

There's that and the fact it makes no sense.

4 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

He might talk a lot of crap but he is right on this one. They have recruited better than us and that is a fact.  Docherty and McNulty are good signings.

So is Boyce. 

17 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

At least results went in our favour over the past 2 days if there’s any consolation.

aye robbo very lucky in that respect.

3 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

He might talk a lot of crap but he is right on this one. They have recruited better than us and that is a fact.  Docherty and McNulty are good signings.

Boyce is a good signing. Avdijaj might be. Langer certainly doesn't seem to be. The keeper has got to go. I've never seen a worse keeper at HMFC and I remember Craig Nelson

13 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Lucky Kiwi.  Killie game was live here.  Mercifully, not us.

Splendid.  Saw the final 20 minutes.  Referee was superb.  Turned down at least 50 penalty claims from Rangers.

Great to see one of these giants in misery.

Obviously hoped for better from us.  Stendel clearly has a massive task still ahead of him.

Who cares about Rangers losing!!! 
You seem to take more delight from that than you do worry about us going down!! 

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Big game on Saturday for DS. A loss and I reckon he’s on borrowed time.  

Don’t think so.

SectionDJambo

3 goals from corners? We struggled against Kilmarnock at corners too.

We need to come up with something to stop losing easy goals from set pieces into our box.

The goalkeeper is a bag of nerves, but some of the defending isn’t good either.

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

So is Boyce. 

Agreed.  However the other signings needed to hit the ground running and have shown little to suggest they are the required standard.

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

If that’s the case who ever agreed to that needs sacked.

Was thinking that Deevers, if we have some agreement that he HAS to play

then they need to get it cancelled.

NOW.

Just now, jonesy said:

There’s no evidence to suggest we can win either of these games. 

There never is for any team or any games. 

5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

i was lost for laughs after that hearts result.

I wasn't.

I expected nothing and we got nothing.

Best we can finish is 9th now I reckon.  County are in free fall but St J are flying.  I wouldn’t rule top 6 out for St J on current form.  A bottom 6 with Killie, Hibs and Hearts tells you everything you need to know about how open this league is now (OF aside).  St J and Livi would have been favourites to go down but now they look good for a potential European place 🤣🤣🤣.

Written in the stars that Hibs are relegating us at Tynie again.

Decent round of fixtures for us. Got to be happy given who Hamilton and st Mirren we’re playing and who we were playing. Only the fantasists who thought anything other than 10th was our target will disagree. 

5 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Aye ok then keep hold of your comfort blanket.

Like many I support the club no matter what. Unlike a few who are delighted when we get beat. You work out which shit hole you belong in.

It seems no matter who is in charge our players cannot do the basics of football effectively. 
We cannot take or defend corners. 
The same goes for defending free kicks. 
We continue to try and pass the ball through players. 
We lose game after game so easily it’s so predictable even under 2 completely different managers the outcome is the same. Why are the players not learning from their mistakes?? 

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

11 points diff before, now 14... the way we are playing though you are of course correct.

Let’s worry about Hamilton and St Mirren and of course ourselves.  Not a hope of catching anyone else.  

Geoff Kilpatrick
22 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We are the laughing stock of Scottish Football,lead by an OAP who has sucked the life and soul from the support and the team.

This team is on its knees,a pathetic sorry bunch.

Appointing Stendel I am afraid is the latest in the long line of her ridiculous desicion.This will see us relegated.The immediate to mid term future is bleak.

That review of the football department needs done yesterday.yet more incompetence from her.

Are you and i8 in a competition to see who can reach the most ridiculous level of hyperbole?

GorgieFifeLife
3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Boyce is a good signing. Avdijaj might be. Langer certainly doesn't seem to be. The keeper has got to go. I've never seen a worse keeper at HMFC and I remember Craig Nelson

Boyce is a good signing but the fact your saying Avdijaj is a might be is part of the problem. The position we are in we needed to be signing players ready to make a difference. Theres no doubt the keeper is poor but that cant cover up the calamitous defending in front of him.

3 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Agreed.  However the other signings needed to hit the ground running and have shown little to suggest they are the required standard.

You don’t have to be the brain of Britain to realise that you talk like a first class Hobo.

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Was thinking that Deevers, if we have some agreement that he HAS to play

then they need to get it cancelled.

NOW.

I was told that he was signed without anyone the club having actually seen him play.

Now if that is the case it’s absolutely unbelievable. 

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Best we can finish is 9th now I reckon.  County are in free fall but St J are flying.  I wouldn’t rule top 6 out for St J on current form.  A bottom 6 with Killie, Hibs and Hearts tells you everything you need to know about how open this league is now (OF aside).  St J and Livi would have been favourites to go down but now they look good for a potential European place 🤣🤣🤣.

Written in the stars that Hibs are relegating us at Tynie again.

Well if the last one is anything to go on then I do love a good relegation party like last time 🇱🇻

Jambo in Yorkshire

Someone mentioned Stendel only managed to get Barnsley promoted from English League 1.

Let me remind everyone that Ross couldn’t achieve that at Sunderland with a far bigger budget.

Regarding our keeper I think it’s time he had a training ground injury.0

3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Who cares about Rangers losing!!! 
You seem to take more delight from that than you do worry about us going down!! 

Not at all.  I think a lot of people on here wallow in any OF misfortunes.  

I'm not worried in the slightest about us going down.  Not going to happen.  Full strength on Saturday I hope and we'll smash Hamilton to pulp.  Plain sailing from there.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm not worried in the slightest about us going down.  Not going to happen.  Full strength on Saturday I hope and we'll smash Hamilton to pulp.  Plain sailing from there.

👍👍

14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

C'mon. Craig has still to put the final touches to his reorganisation of the football department and he has a lot to offer. Probably whispering in Ann's ear that the (sort of) sacking of him was a terrible mistake and with a full squad he would have got us out of trouble as he always promised her.

Yup, I can just see it.

The_razors_edge
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

You haven’t watched us much recently have you? 

GorgieFifeLife
2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Like many I support the club no matter what. Unlike a few who are delighted when we get beat. You work out which shit hole you belong in.

Haha jog on.  So because I can see we have once again recruited poorly when we needed to up our game I'm not supporting the team. Anger management issues?

I am not too worried about hamilton game as long as we keep Ogkmpoe quiet. I cant really see anyone else in their team to worry about. 

Was expecting a pumping tonight and if I was in charge would have played the fringe players to keep others fresh for vital games .

We still have it all in own hands so let's not all get too negative for rest of this season. It's all about just the salvage operation now. 

Guys on Sportsound shouting over each other in their rush to slag us off.

Ferguson raging because his beloved have just lost the league and is venting it on Hearts. Now we're being slagged for getting rid of Glen ****ing Whelan.

We were crap tonight but **** me I don't remember any other team getting torn into the way I've just heard us. 22 year old boy playing his 3rd game individually slaughtered.

Maybe being sensitive because of the horrendous result and our impending doom but even still I feel it's bang out.

Edited by Squirt

GorgieFifeLife
3 minutes ago, Prof said:

You don’t have to be the brain of Britain to realise that you talk like a first class Hobo.

This place is so predictable.  Call out yet more poor recruitment and your deemed a Hobo. Probably the same clowns who backed Levein when he was destroying us.

17 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I said earlier if we go down this will be the hardest to take. No financial worries just a poorly run club.....

It would be previous relegations we have been a basket case financially. I'm still hopeful we can stay up though ask me again on Saturday at 5pm.

It's a dull result without doubt, but was always going to be a hounding. The must win games are now must win games, no excuses or we are gone without as much of a whimper. Focus has to be on the next two games.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

And what do you base this optimism on?  What are you seeing that nobody else is?