Just now, Maroonblood22 said:

Into the last 8 of the Scottish Cup.

No injuries.

Clean sheet.

Away win (in horrendous conditions).

Another goal for Clare.

Morale booster for the players.

Got to look at the positives tonight lads 👍🏼

The BBC match report says "Naismith took a knock..." and was subbed. Always ominous when the words "knock" and "Naismith" appear in the same sentence.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suso Santana

• Cruyff

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cup final for Falkirk and they would raise there game..

terrible conditions 

all that matters was be in hat for next round !!!!

now bring on the Hibees at home..

Let’s be honest, this was already a potential banana skin before we were playing in a monsoon. Conditions were dreadful. Plastic pitch in those conditions is a lottery.

Did we play well, in parts yes but we did also ride our luck especially the first chance that hit the post, but we took the sting out of tie by playing good possession football after that in those conditions.

Job done. Wednesday is a free hit. Let’s get ourselves ready for the battle next Saturday and make sure we take the 3 points. Another plus is Midden will have a replay in the midweek before we play them on the Friday night 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

If we are talking about luck, lets talk about how lucky Falkirk were to still have 11 men on the park and not give away another penalty. Or how Falkirk were lucky Henderson fluffed his lines.

Beside that crazy 5 minute spell, we weren't exactly troubled. We were far from great but we certainly weren't lucky.

Ah that’s ok then because the 3 off the woodwork came in a 5 minute spell?  It’s more of a spell than we had in the whole game. We didn’t trouble them at all until Henderson missed a sitter when they were pushing for an equaliser near the end.

Let’s not butter that up, that was an abysmal performance and if we played like in the league every week we’re going down.  Take the maroon tinted specs off, we were lucky as **** tonight!

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Ah that’s ok then because the 3 off the woodwork came in a 5 minute spell?  It’s more of a spell than we had in the whole game. We didn’t trouble them at all until Henderson missed a sitter when they were pushing for an equaliser near the end.

Let’s not butter that up, that was an abysmal performance and if we played like in the league every week we’re going down.  Take the maroon tinted specs off, we were lucky as **** tonight!

Fine we were lucky jesus enjoy the win.

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

but that reasoning doesn’t fit in with some here. Far too sensible an assessment 

It’s not, it’s just blinkered!

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Abysmal :lol:

Away and have a lie down.

Winds picking up in Barnsley. Not looking forwarto the  young uns match tomorrow. But I will expect all his passes to be perfect anyway,  no bad weather excuses😞

John mcCartney
11 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

If we are talking about luck, lets talk about how lucky Falkirk were to still have 11 men on the park and not give away another penalty.

said Liam.Bunch of fecking hammerthrowers they were.....that McManus geezer shouldve been emptied.

I reckon that was meant re Sean receiving a boot to the face early doors n all.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Fine we were lucky jesus enjoy the win.

Glad we won, but no enjoyment watching that.  Pish performance with amateur BBC coverage, couldn’t even see where the ball was half the time.

Pereira needs to be dropped for Celtic or I fear what the score could be.  He was flapping at everything first half and Dikamona was just as bad - looked like a fish out of water playing on left of a back 3.

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah agree.

A good win and we move on.

Stendel still working with the players to get things right. It is coming.

I genuinely hope you are right. But interested on what you are seeing to say “it is coming” other than just sheer blind optimism. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yep, abysmal.  The ironic thing is if we’d lost 1-0 tonight to a penalty and we hit the woodwork 3 times, people would have been moaning about how unlucky we were!

What a toil that was. Possily the worst weather I've been to a match at since the Ath. Madrid game. 

Still, we're through.

Need to improve immensely for the crucial league games though.

Captain Canada

We definitely rode our luck but I don't care.

If we win every game 1-0 by playing poorly and stay up this season, I'll be very happy. 

There's still a huge amount of reshaping of the squad to do in the summer and I'm confident we'll do really well next season if we avoid the drop. 

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

The dramatists abound on here dontchano god only knows what would be going on had we lost... bodies falling from north bridge ? :lol:

Some of the shitty comments remind me of spoiled ******* from the Vis  " we were shite I am going home to drink a bottle of bleach that will teach that lot to play badly" FFS it is a cup game big teams are regularly given a hard time by diddies ... just look at Liverpool the other week  and they are 22pts in front of Man C  and 38 in front of Man U .

2 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

We definitely rode our luck but I don't care.

If we win every game 1-0 by playing poorly and stay up this season, I'll be very happy. 

There's still a huge amount of reshaping of the squad to do in the summer and I'm confident we'll do really well next season if we avoid the drop. 

My thoughts exactly 👍

Selkirkhmfc1874

Credit to all the players from both teams and us in the stand playing/watching football in those horrendous conditions! We through and that's all that matters 

Jambof3tornado
23 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Absolutely correct.

We were honking.

16 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Credit to all the players from both teams and us in the stand playing/watching football in those horrendous conditions! We through and that's all that matters 

Absolutely correct. Far to many moaners sitting in their warm houses ranting about how we played in met office warning conditions.

I'd say that was our worst performance since DS took over. The conditions were dreadful, admittedly but all that really matters in  the cup is getting through to the next round.

We'll need to play better in our league games that's for f'n sure.

Next

We won, we move on.

No amount of pant wetting is going to change the fact that none of us really have any idea on how the next few games are going to pan out. 

Fozzyonthefence
27 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

The dramatists abound on here dontchano god only knows what would be going on had we lost... bodies falling from north bridge ? :lol:

Some of the shitty comments remind me of spoiled ******* from the Vis  " we were shite I am going home to drink a bottle of bleach that will teach that lot to play badly" FFS it is a cup game big teams are regularly given a hard time by diddies ... just look at Liverpool the other week  and they are 22pts in front of Man C  and 38 in front of Man U .

The kick off was one minute late tonight to encourage people to take some time to think about mental health awareness.  Perhaps making jokes about people committing suicide from North Bridge isn’t the most well thought out comment tonight.

Smith and Clare were standouts.

Thought Clare and Boyce got some hefty targeted treatment especially in the first half.

impressed by Walker in the time he had  - I have a feeling he’s going to be increasingly important for us again 

Garrucio, Dikamona, struggled. Goalie... still gives me the fear. Feel for the guy but he isn’t inspiring confidence 

Awful conditions. Tough opponents with no pressure on them.  A good win. We’re through. Good to get a bit of luck at last too. 

HardcoreJambo

I think thats exactly how we have to look at it. We were poor but we won. Need to improve drastically in the league. Clare yet again the main man.

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

The kick off was one minute late tonight to encourage people to take some time to think about mental health awareness.  Perhaps making jokes about people committing suicide from North Bridge isn’t the most well thought out comment tonight.

Oh Aye awe right then I am duly admonished  :laugh2:   GTF the only mental cases to worry about are on here greetin about winning a F'n cup tie !

1 hour ago, Redhelen said:

But hitting the woodwork isnt on target. I'd have bern surprised if they hadn't had any chances, it's a cup match!

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Jambof3tornado

Just had a tin of soup to warm me up after getting home from the match.

Frustrating we werent better but think the conditions played a big part.

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Naismith needs rested

Naismith scored against Rangers and St Johnstone within the last 2 weeks; I don’t think there are grounds to rest him unless he is injured.

I don’t know what the **** anyone was expecting in those conditions. There were periods in the game where the players couldn’t see, ffs.

portobellojambo1

It was a cup tie and there was only one outcome that counted today, and that was being in the draw for the next round and we achieved that. We didn't play particularly well but I never thought the final outcome was going to be any different. Michael Smith made a big difference at the back for us and Walker again added something to us when he came on. The conditions meant it wasn't going to be a free flowing game and while it wasn't pretty at times it can be marked off as job done.

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t know what the **** anyone was expecting in those conditions. There were periods in the game where the players couldn’t see, ffs.

Agree mate wind and rain ! It’s a leveller , job done ! 

I thought the hearts players did great.  Good effort.  Think I saw abut 70% of the match because of the camera being wet.

Couldn't comment fully based on that but what I did see was effort.  Almost like a pre season match.  Sure the fitness must improve from that.

The players above all else will benefit from winning.  Happy players train better. 

2 hours ago, Suso Santana said:

Stendel basically saying that he doesn't have the options to play the way he wants and that results that are all that matters the now. 

That's the way a ha a ha I like it a ha a ha...results matter all the time, not just the now.

Horrible night for football but the players dug in and won ugly - more of the same against Hamilton and St Mirren will do fine!

6 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

That's the way a ha a ha I like it a ha a ha...results matter all the time, not just the now.

I'm not even sure what THAT even means now. 

Just now, Suso Santana said:

I'm not even sure what THAT even means now. 

Good for you, I'm jealous, stay away from the cooker/chip pan.

Fly the Saltire
11 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I thought the hearts players did great.  Good effort.  Think I saw abut 70% of the match because of the camera being wet.

Couldn't comment fully based on that but what I did see was effort.  Almost like a pre season match.  Sure the fitness must improve from that.

The players above all else will benefit from winning.  Happy players train better. 

Saw 100% of game from behind the goals and Hearts controlled the game but rode their luck a bit. Claire Halkett Smith and Boyce pick of the bunch. Naismith passing almost cost us a goal and Walker must be due a start.

7 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Good for you, I'm jealous, stay away from the cooker/chip pan.

Just made a pizza

SKILLS

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Naismith needs rested

He’s played about ten games in a year, rest is not what he needs.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s played about ten games in a year, rest is not what he needs.

Exactly it’s what he’s paid to do he should be match fit 

Potential banana skin that we overcame. Most important thing was a morale boosting win to lift out confidence after the defeat mid week. Winning becomes a habit and it’s amazing what it does for your confidence and mentality.

dont like three at the back and never have. We looked more comfortable playing a flat 4. We still look a bit shaky at the back, don’t think dikamona helped but we need to try and fix this and become harder to create chances against or we are going to keep giving away goals. I would play 4-2-3-1 and play smith and Sibbick/Irvine/langer in there with him and always makes sure at least one of them sit. Our full backs are always really high so in possession if they are pushed on then smith drops back to sit in front of the two centre halves and the other centre mid doesn’t venture too far forward. In this scenario we still have three at the back but we have all other players influencing the game up the park. You have your two full backs as wingers, your wide men can tuck in and play closer to Boyce and you still have your number ten and other centre mid in the middle of the park. In possession we have looked so much better in terms of keeping the ball and actually have numbers forward. The problems always seem to come when we give it away and are out numbered on the counter 

According to the BBC, Falkirk had 0 shots on target.  Woodword doesn't count, then?

Hackney Hearts
32 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

According to the BBC, Falkirk had 0 shots on target.  Woodword doesn't count, then?

Never has. I suppose for the fairly obvious reason that the target is the goal, not the woodwork.

We had 5 attempts on target, and 62% possession.

God dam that was hard to watch.

Had to sit in the Falkirk end and it was shocking.

Naismith was horrendous against at league 1 side.

Team sucked ass on a whole (excuse the pun) 

If that is what we are to see going forward we might as well throw in the towel.

Ps soaked going to and from the game might have affected my outcome of the game.

Plus perrera is still poo 🤙