***Official Falkirk v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Anyone spot that horrific bit of bum fluff on Clares chin during his interview? Get that shaved off man. 

Happy to be through to the quarter finals, the sooner this game is forgotten about the better. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suso Santana

• Cruyff

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Boof said:

Job done.

Well done Hearts in very testing conditions.

Surely some kind of air blower could have prevented a lot of that kaleidoscope effect.

Or just using cameras built after 1940😛

1 minute ago, dazinho88 said:

Anyone spot that horrific bit of bum fluff on Clares chin during his interview? Get that shaved off man. 

Happy to be through to the quarter finals, the sooner this game is forgotten about the better. 

My mrs just said ffs i just wanna take scissors and cut that bumfluff shit off his chin. 

Just now, 23851 said:

BBC stats say 62% possession and 5 shots on target to nil. What is Allan Preston on about?

What bollox was he talking now

Great to hear from Daniel there on the tv. Hard work trying to listen to him with his basic english but he said enough for me to keep believing. 

1 minute ago, S Form said:

Noticing that too. As someone has said previously, Naismith is currently doing a good impression of Michael Stewart on the pitch - doing lots of moaning at others but not contributing much himself.

It's what he does though even when playing well.I think he will know himself he aint doing great but can still ask others to do more.We wanted a captain that was vocal and he is.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Our Daniel needs a hot shower. Poor ****er! Seems freezing.

:lol:

Needs a wee dram ( has he taken to the local tipple?)

1 minute ago, jamboy1982 said:

Thought we passed the ball well in horrendous conditions but the passes lacked any forward momentum

Dare I say it, but I thought the conditions would’ve suited a target man.  Defenders absolutely hate those conditions and balls fired in around the box with someone who can get close physically would’ve been unsettling. 

We done nothing until a bit later when Walker came on as he started to run at people and get balls out wide.   Their central defenders didn’t have that much of a stressful shift imo. 

2 minutes ago, dazinho88 said:

Nope..too much rain on lens

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, 23851 said:

BBC stats say 62% possession and 5 shots on target to nil. What is Allan Preston on about?

Allan Preston havers shite and is best ignored.

Stendel basically saying that he doesn't have the options to play the way he wants and that results that are all that matters the now. 

Just now, Suso Santana said:

Great to hear from Daniel there on the tv. Hard work trying to listen to him with his basic english but he said enough for me to keep believing. 

I think you just need time to get used to his English, I understood what he was saying.

Not the best performance in the world but we did try and play it on the deck. Weather was shite but that was the same for both teams.

It’s just silly things and we are losing the ball in the midfield and giving up possession in the last third when we attack

need to be much more clinical from the wings when we get in these positions 

It’s still a Clean sheet and a victory at the end of the day 

Well done Hearts! Difficult conditions at a tricky venue. Job done. 
Not pretty, bit you can see we were the better team. Good to have Smith back, he’s going to be a big positive for us. 
I like the look of Langer also. Plays everything first time, rarely takes a second touch... I think he’ll be good once he has a few games under his belt. 
We’re through, no injuries... that’s the main thing. 

ScandinavianJambo
12 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

My 10 year old: "Somehow we won!"

Clean sheet for Pereira!

Made me laugh 😁

10 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Slightly surprising how much we improved when Naismith went off. I actually thought we played pretty well last 25, possibly down to Falkirk tiring

Ability to play without Naisy is not a bad thing, we are perhaps not a one man band anymore...

1 minute ago, Suso Santana said:

Stendel basically saying that he doesn't have the options to play the way he wants and that results that are all that matters the now. 

Exactly but that the players are playing his way for some of the time. As the season progresses hopefully it will be for more of the match as they trust in the system more.

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

Not pretty, bit you can see we were the better team. Good to have Smith back, he’s going to be a big positive for us. 
I like the look of Langer also. Plays everything first time, rarely takes a second touch... I think he’ll be good once he has a few games under his belt. 

Langer has quick feet and your right, think when he gets his fitness up he will be good in that area

he was blowing toward the end so still needs time to get his overall fitness and match condition up

he will get better 👍

10 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

I'm not, he's been shite other than his 2 goals as i said earlier. 

He doesn't have the legs to give enough anymore. 

We'd be as well putting him upfront as a striker and tell him not to track back. 

That's not a good pitch for him nor the conditions. 

5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I thought Garuccio was the worst dispossessed easily all the time and out muscled for the ball.

Still not a fan of his tbh, tries but limited.

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Stendel 🥰😍🥰😍 warm fuzzy feelings listening to him.

He really does know what he wants from us, talking about the balance in the team. We know he had Barnsley strong defensively. The tweak to the shape made a huge difference - Smith is such an important player for us. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, 23851 said:

Falkirk’s 3 off the woodwork count as off target.  They looked far more likely to score than we did.  

What did Preston say?

3 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

👌🏻👍🏻

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Allan Preston havers shite and is best ignored.

😂👌🏻

1 minute ago, Barack said:

+1

🤔

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yeah i like the look of Langer so far too. Very composed , near and tidy on the ball.

BBC just advertised Falkirk v Heart Of Midlothian 1140 tomorrow morning 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

2 minutes ago, 23851 said:

Preston said we were lucky on the live BBC reporting.

We were!  They hit the woodwork three times in second half,  we rarely worked their keeper and scored the winning goal from a penalty following a needles challenge.   But a win is a win! 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, 23851 said:

Well clearly we were very ****ing lucky!  So he was correct.

8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Stendel 🥰😍🥰😍 warm fuzzy feelings listening to him.

I know , that smile. It matters so much to him! BTW I thought his appearance was an embarrassment, could he not have run a comb through his hair?

31 minutes ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

Why do we absolutely knackered against 1st division team. 

Obviously never ran into a 40 mph wind.

2 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

We were!  They hit the woodwork three times in second half,  we rarely worked their keeper and scored the winning goal from a penalty following a needles challenge.   But a win is a win! 

But hitting the woodwork isnt on target. I'd have bern surprised if they hadn't had any chances, it's a cup match!

8 minutes ago, 23851 said:

I'd say we were. They hit the woodwork three times.

Just now, Redhelen said:

But hitting the woodwork isnt on target. I'd have bern surprised if they hadn't had any chances, it's a cup match!

Surely it's okay and fair to acknowledge that we were lucky though ?  Prestons comments sound fair. 

4 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Does Pereira maybe get the slightest of touches on McManus’s shot that hit the post?

I thought so when watching it back

J.T.F.Robertson
2 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

I know , that smile. It matters so much to him! BTW I thought his appearance was an embarrassment, could he not have run a comb through his hair?

Still "unkempt" then. :(

Just now, Gmcjambo said:

Surely it's okay and fair to acknowledge that we were lucky though ?  Prestons comments sound fair. 

We rode our luck during a spell in the second half. 

Wouldn’t say we were particularly lucky over the 90 mins. Weren’t brilliant but comfortable for the majority of the match, that spell apart. Probably should have had a pen first half too

13 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Incidentally, that was Pereira's 5th clean sheet of the season.

How did that happen?!

not one shot on target

If we are talking about luck, lets talk about how lucky Falkirk were to still have 11 men on the park and not give away another penalty. Or how Falkirk were lucky Henderson fluffed his lines.

Beside that crazy 5 minute spell, we weren't exactly troubled. We were far from great but we certainly weren't lucky.

24 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah. Let's write off our best player after his performance level drops during a punishing schedule 😂 Have you not noticed the uptick in results, goals and performances since he got back into the team? Who was behind McPhee's best result as well when he was in charge?

100%.
Some folk are just pathetic in their attacks on players. 

Maroonblood22

Into the last 8 of the Scottish Cup.

No injuries.

Clean sheet.

Away win (in horrendous conditions).

Another goal for Clare.

Morale booster for the players.

Got to look at the positives tonight lads 👍🏼

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

If we are talking about luck, lets talk about how lucky Falkirk were to still have 11 men on the park and not give away another penalty. Or how Falkirk were lucky Henderson fluffed his lines.

Beside that crazy 5 minute spell, we weren't exactly troubled. We were far from great but we certainly weren't lucky.

but that reasoning doesn’t fit in with some here. Far too sensible an assessment 

11 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I'd say we were. They hit the woodwork three times.

As well hitting the corner flag. They count the same.