US Democratic Primary Elections Thread

Justin Z

I hope I'm wrong, but the democrats won't beat Trump with Sanders or Biden. Sanders is just too far left to get elected in America, and Biden (like Trump) is no longer playing with a full deck of cards. He stumbles, slurs and rambles all the time, and is only going to get worse. Here he is trying to quote one of the best known lines from the American constitution.

Edited by fancy a brew

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Justin Z

• Dawnrazor

• ri Alban

• jake

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kalamazoo Jambo
8 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Now that it's down to Bernie and Biden, a big aspect of Bernie continuing to increase his appeal to minority voters is by hammering Biden for supporting policies like the absolutely horrific 1994 Crime Bill, which he even went out of his way to stamp his name onto.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2018/09/18/theres-overwhelming-evidence-that-the-criminal-justice-system-is-racist-heres-the-proof/

The criminal justice system in the United States is racist because of things like the Crime Bill. And yet on name recognition and short memory alone he got greater than 60% of the Black vote in South Carolina, as one example.

It's an absolutely vital piece of the puzzle and I'm hopeful the Sanders campaign has a way to make it work.

The 1994 crime bill was indeed horrific (albeit with some good parts e.g. violence against women act, assault weapons ban). However, Bernie Sanders also voted for that bill.

Just now, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

The 1994 crime bill was indeed horrific. However, Bernie Sanders also voted for that bill.

True. He's also expressed a great deal of remorse about it. People say he doesn't compromise, well, I think his willingness to say he got that one wrong is a credit to him. Biden didn't just vote for the bill, he helped write it, and he's certainly never apologised or shown any sense of remorse for it.