Sign in to follow this  
Justin Z

US Democratic Primary Elections Thread

Dawnrazor

Justin Z

If your intent is insightful political commentary and your position is you don't abide racism and don't listen to supremacists, posting a link from Dan Bongino runs counter to everything you claim you stand for.

Dawnrazor
7 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

If your intent is insightful political commentary and your position is you don't abide racism and don't listen to supremacists, posting a link from Dan Bongino runs counter to everything you claim you stand for.

He's a "supremacist"? Source?

*edit*

Sorry, Thomas Homan is a "supremacist"?

I posted a, what I thought, was an interesting video from someone who is/was close to the situation, that's all.

*edit again*

A "supremacist" married to a Colombian?

Edited by Dawnrazor

ri Alban

Nigel Farage's wife is a German. I don't buy this, 'because he or she is' example. I know plenty of bitter Orangemen with Catholic wifes. And I have no doubt Slave owners, you know what.

Anyway, I don't know who the source is. Just an observation. 

And people are allowed to have an opinion without being racist.

Dawnrazor
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Nigel Farage's wife is a German. I don't buy this, 'because he or she is' example. I know plenty of bitter Orangemen with Catholic wifes. And I have no doubt Slave owners, you know what.

Anyway, I don't know who the source is. Just an observation. 

And people are allowed to have an opinion without being racist.

Yep.

Justin Z

A very hard-hitting opinion piece illustrating how bad Bloomberg is, even in comparison to Trump, and indeed taking the Democratic Party to task for its ineffectual, corporatist, anti-working class positions over the past several decades.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2020/02/michael-bloomberg-nypd-mayor-presidential-campaign

Bloomberg and Trump represent two different perversions of democracy. Trump is a corrupt, wannabe autocrat, flagrantly mixing his family business with the nation’s, a hollow, orange-stained vessel for the billionaire donors who shape our health care and tax policies. He rose to the presidency on a wave of wall-to-wall cable television coverage, his rallies carried live, the corporate networks ever thirstier for his carnival act.

Bloomberg, through the blunt force of his unprecedented wealth, has bought his way into contention. Since the fall, he has plowed more than $300 million into his own campaign, with no end in sight. Some Democrats, broken by Trump, welcome as a savior such a titanic figure now playing for their team. Others, especially those in elected office, are far more transactional: witness the wave of local officials and members of Congress now endorsing him, no doubt hoping for the largesse of a campaign check or Bloomberg-funded Super PAC in due time.

BudgeUp

Does Sanders have any real chance of winning the Democratic nomination?

Edited by BudgeUp

Justin Z
12 hours ago, BudgeUp said:

At this point Sanders leads in polls in all the important places with big delegate counts: California, Florida, Illinois, Texas. In spite of the media narrative it would appear he is often second choice for many voters so if their preferred candidate were to drop out, he'd gain an equal or outsized share of some of their votes too. So yes, I think he does have a real chance.

XB52
3 hours ago, Justin Z said:

At this point Sanders leads in polls in all the important places with big delegate counts: California, Florida, Illinois, Texas. In spite of the media narrative it would appear he is often second choice for many voters so if their preferred candidate were to drop out, he'd gain an equal or outsized share of some of their votes too. So yes, I think he does have a real chance.

All of the American msm are against him, plus the democratic party machine. 

BudgeUp
10 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Very interesting man to be fair. Anything I've seem of him he seems like a politician that actually ignores the big routes of funding in the US. Unless that's just an act? 

trotter
11 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Woe betide the first Republican nominee/President that manages to 'lose' Texas. That will be ******* hilarious to watch. And it's probably not that far away either to be honest. 

Justin Z
3 hours ago, BudgeUp said:

Very interesting man to be fair. Anything I've seem of him he seems like a politician that actually ignores the big routes of funding in the US. Unless that's just an act? 

It is definitely a point he's made of his campaign, that he has zero wealthy donors backing him, and whereby he makes his point about "the people"--funding it, on average, $22 at a time.

jake
On 13/02/2020 at 15:18, Bridge of Djoum said:

You need a quick history lesson. 

Do I?

What are you watching ?

Cade
On 16/02/2020 at 23:17, BudgeUp said:

Yes, but letting him run against Trump would be stupid.

The media would all scream "COMMIE!" and that'd be that for the election.

Huge Trump landslide if Bernie goes against him.

Costanza
16 minutes ago, Cade said:

Yes, but letting him run against Trump would be stupid.

The media would all scream "COMMIE!" and that'd be that for the election.

Huge Trump landslide if Bernie goes against him.

The polls don't suggest that?

Pretty sure it was the same in the last election. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/483642-poll-trump-edges-out-all-top-2020-democratic-candidates-except-sanders

https://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sanders-trump-poll-election-2020-biden-bloomberg-1483423

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_sanders-6250.html#polls

Maple Leaf

I wonder how a Democratic ticket of Saunders with VP Bloomberg would fare?

It might be the Dems best option, but two elderly white guys is not representative of the Democratic party.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Big win for Sanders in Nevada. Hard to see past him for the nomination unless a major health issue arises or several others drop out of the race soon (unlikely) - and even then he’d still be favorite.