What could possibly go wrong ? (NHC)

whodanny

The first pub I ever drank in aged 16 back in 1979 when I lived in Albert Street. I also had my first experience of a woman on the pool table back then too. She was a 24 yr old barmaid of said pub and it was her going away present to me for joining the navy. So not all unhappy memories down ER way at the time.

1 minute ago, salvo69 said:

See his nightclub ban was up in 2019 he can go mental again 

With his record, and the other guy being a known dealer, how can they possibly get a license ?

9 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Tic tic.......this will not end well

Hey what's the worst that could happen? It's not as if his business partner is a convicted drug dealer...oh wait....

23 minutes ago, whodanny said:

With his record, and the other guy being a known dealer, how can they possibly get a license ?

This.

56 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The first pub I ever drank in aged 16 back in 1979 when I lived in Albert Street. I also had my first experience of a woman on the pool table back then too. She was a 24 yr old barmaid of said pub and it was her going away present to me for joining the navy. So not all unhappy memories down ER way at the time.

Did she put your mind at ease?

58 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Was she good at pool ?  Or did she end up potting all your balls ?

53 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Kano still owns it.

1 hour ago, whodanny said:

1 hour ago, cameron79 said:

Hey what's the worst that could happen? It's not as if his business partner is a convicted drug dealer...oh wait....

7 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Kano still owns it.

I don't know the exact details but for some later lcences there has to be a licence holder on the premises.  That could be Kane or one of the other bar staff, or the pub just can't open past a certain time.

Cops might be happy on a number of reasons.  Containment or an easy arrest or so.

been here before
14 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Kano still owns it.

Kano owns it, Deeko in turn rents it from him... hmmm...

Its popcorn time!!!

Edited by been here before

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

I don't know the exact details but for some later lcences there has to be a licence holder on the premises.  That could be Kane or one of the other bar staff, or the pub just can't open past a certain time.

Cops might be happy on a number of reasons.  Containment or an easy arrest or so.

I don’t know the ins and outs but it’s definitely still his. I don’t think he’s there much at the moment so there must be a manager? He’s basically leased it to rat boy!

8 minutes ago, been here before said:

Kano owns it, Deeko in turn rents it from him... hmmm...

Its popcorn time!!!

New name:-

The Deek, the Dealer and the Ugly.

Edited by DETTY29

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

You've been in the Navy for 2 years now, right?😈

Edited by Spellczech

54 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Did she put your mind at ease?

Most definitely. I highly recommend any 16 year old male to get an older woman, she was 24.

43 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

So, someone, like the bar manager for instance, applies for the license, and if there's any bother it's him who loses his license. They can then employ a new bar manager who applies for a new license and they carry on as before. Is that how it works ?  There's no heat on the owners ?

6 minutes ago, whodanny said:

So, someone, like the bar manager for instance, applies for the license, and if there's any bother it's him who loses his license. They can then employ a new bar manager who applies for a new license and they carry on as before. Is that how it works ?  There's no heat on the owners ?

Not sure the rules in Edinburgh , thats def the way people get around it up here though. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Not sure the rules in Edinburgh , thats def the way people get around it up here though. 

So the place could go on being a trouble "hotspot" and each time the owner(s) can just re-open with a new license holder. This has got potential to run and run, there could be some good comedy in this. (As long as no-one gets hurt).

9 minutes ago, whodanny said:

So the place could go on being a trouble "hotspot" and each time the owner(s) can just re-open with a new license holder. This has got potential to run and run, there could be some good comedy in this. (As long as no-one gets hurt).

I know another reason they may consider it is if they feel there will be a lot of dodgers in and therefore they know there these people are rather than them being spread out. Mental isnt it 😂

Mikey Wright is a good pal of mine and is someone i travel to Anfield with on a regular basis. He’s paid his debt to society through his conviction. Deserves a second chance and good on him for having a go at his business venture. I wish Mikey every success actually. I used to employ him and his brother as electrical sub contractors a few years back. 

Mikey has actually given his Anfield season tickets to me and I’ve given them to some fellow jambos. It’s a shame people can only judge him by his convictions without actually knowing him. 

5 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Not sure that’s how it works. A premesis itself needs to be licensed. To do that there has to be a licensee/premesis supervisor. Beyond a certain hour a person with a “personal license” must be present. 

Councils can revoke a premesis license from a trouble hotspot which has happened. (The Village pub has just lost its license for noise complaints)

Just now, sadj said:

I know another reason they may consider it is if they feel there will be a lot of dodgers in and therefore they know there these people are rather than them being spread out. Mental isnt it 😂

Well, the place will be full of Hobos at least, so that will keep a lot of them out of some of the more decent boozers. As for the other local "characters" yeh it does make sense to keep them confined to one place as much as possible. They could maybe just lock the whole lot of them in there and let them drink and drug themselves into oblivion. Would save the tax payer a fortune. 😄

3 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Not sure that’s how it works. A premesis itself needs to be licensed. To do that there has to be a licensee/premesis supervisor. Beyond a certain hour a person with a “personal license” must be present. 

Councils can revoke a premesis license from a trouble hotspot which has happened. (The Village pub has just lost its license for noise complaints)

So it's not just a case of the license holder living on the premises ?

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Daddy, is it really you ?

Just a thought, I wonder if they'll be showing the live Falkirk V Hearts cup tie on Feb the 8th ?

Just now, whodanny said:

Just a thought, I wonder if they'll be showing the live Falkirk V Hearts cup tie on Feb the 8th ?

Be shut down by then 😂

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Just need Gaza O’Connor to get the gig as barman / bouncer and it’s all set.

Make the canteena bar in Star Wars positivity normal

As long as they don’t hire Sauzee. 

5A5FE58E-A2C8-4B5E-9316-81CA3E9AD7FC.jpeg

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Ach joke already made

Edited by LeftBack

4 minutes ago, gjcc said:

I think the real question is did he pot brown or pink on said pool table?

Surely both colours, in the correct order.

Just now, gjcc said:

That’s just begging for an infection. Poor lass. 

It's her own fault, if she was begging for an injection. 

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

We had four in hand on the 19th May 2012.  

It should have been nine.

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, sadj said:

That was the police philosophy back in the day regarding the Whitehouse in Craigmillar and the Gunner in Pennywell Rd. 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Mikey Wright is a good pal of mine and is someone i travel to Anfield with on a regular basis. He’s paid his debt to society through his conviction. Deserves a second chance and good on him for having a go at his business venture. I wish Mikey every success actually. I used to employ him and his brother as electrical sub contractors a few years back. 

Mikey has actually given his Anfield season tickets to me and I’ve given them to some fellow jambos. It’s a shame people can only judge him by his convictions without actually knowing him. 

Fair doos, SJ, but you didn't expect anything different on a Hearts message board surely.