Harry Cochrane and Anthony McDonald

jambogemz

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

I posted weeks ago that Levein was off watching Connor Smith play instead of being at our match. 

It’s all true, you can take it or leave it. 👍🏻

So you are saying Stendel was lying when he said he's been too busy to speak with Levein?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Spellczech

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I'll believe you if you can establish that these guys have been in Edinburgh or Dunfermline for weeks watching MacDonald and Cochrane. Until then, nonsense.

As for Levein, who knows, perhaps he gets his weekends to himself? I think he was noted as being at a DUFC game last week... You are just making this stuff up...

aye nae bother im making it all up just to sound good on a forum where no one knows who anyone is 🙄 

Believe it or not , couldnt care less. Whatever makes you happy 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

So you are saying Stendel was lying when he said he's been too busy to speak with Levein?

When did he say that?

Stendel has been speaking plenty with Levein during the past two weeks. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

aye nae bother im making it all up just to sound good on a forum where no one knows who anyone is 🙄 

Believe it or not , couldnt care less. Whatever makes you happy 👍🏻

Very magnanimous (considering you replied to me first...)😂

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

When did he say that?

Stendel has been speaking plenty with Levein during the past two weeks. 

To the media

4 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

He said to the media recently that he’s been too busy to speak to Levein?

Was a few weeks ago. I don't remember when. Google it.

He may well be working glove in hand with Levein now as you say. Doesn't really bother me. Will enrage many others on here to hear it though...

All I said that if the content of a 1-2-1 between Stendel and MacDonald got out then it was very unprofessional of someone. I'd actually hope it was not Stendel, and I cannot see why it would be MacDonald. Yes others may have prepared notes, or read minutes or hacked the HR dept files on the server. That person should be sacked.

Edited by Spellczech

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Was a few weeks ago. I don't remember when. Google it.

He may well be working glove in hand with Levein now as you say. Doesn't really bother me. Will enrage many others on here to hear it though...

I just did. It was eight weeks ago and he said he wouldn’t have time to speak to Levein ahead of his first game in charge against St Johnstone. 

"He wants to help me when I need help. At the moment there is no time."

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

I just did. It was eight weeks ago and he said he wouldn’t have time to speak to Levein ahead of his first game in charge against St Johnstone. 

"He wants to help me when I need help. At the moment there is no time."

Fine but unless you are saying Levein told you, then it is irrelevant...

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

He said to the media recently that he’s been too busy to speak to Levein?

I think that was in his first  2 weeks 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Some of us support the young guys. 

Others are looking to find fault. Maybe they can’t accept they weren't good enough. 

I understand it’s obviously a lot harder to believe ITK stuff when it’s negative. We all want Tony McDonald to be a star and he’s shown glimpses of being a gifted footballer. Doesn’t change the fact it’s been common knowledge for months that he has a terrible attitude. It’s been fed back to Stendel by those he trusts and he has seen it for himself in training. All came to a head last week with the Morton game.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

And? 3 years younger than Moore 5 than Sean Clare. 

Ridiculous and unnecessary remarks 

Absolutely embarrassing overreaction!

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cochrane hasn't played for Hearts this season.

Yeah I mistakenly thought he’d played in the league cup, just 35 other players used so far I think.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Absolutely embarrassing overreaction!

Your comments certainly were. 

Comparison to Hickey and Irving crass at best, and as ill informed as I recall. 

Individuals develop at different stages they mature differently. 

Cochrane and McDonald are coping with being thrust into the limelight and having a king size come down at an age they are not mature enough to take account. 

With strong management I would expect both to make a good career. 

Imagine if we binned every teenager that regressed. 

They have years on their side. Staggering response in truth.

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Cochrane and McDonald are coping with being thrust into the limelight and having a king size come down at an age they are not mature enough to take account. 

I only stated each players age in comparison to first team regulars. An entirely valid comparison. Neither Cochrane or McDonald have stood out at Championship level, Hickey and Irving are standing out at Scottish Premiership level; against the top teams (Old Firm). Both lads have got loads to do to get regular  game time at Hearts!

There was chat about Harry developing a bit of a Billy big baws attitude but dunno how true that is/was. I like him and hope he comes good

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Prior to and during the break Stendel frequently said he had been busy and could not talk to everyone. 

To be honest not everything should be fed out. 

We love the information,  but a lot of it is sensitive stuff. 

Really disappointing thread this. 

2 boys and no more. 

Whelan Berra etc fair game in my book,  I don't know many 18 year olds who are worldly wise.

Prefer to encourage kids and educate rather than slaughter them 

Tynecastlesmychurch
3 hours ago, jambogemz said:

Got to wonder what direction these young lads careers are going to go!

The manager gave all the young lads the chance to show what they can do by recalling them from loan and promotion to the first team proper. Lewis Moore and Euan Henderson have grabbed the chance while the current development of Andy Irving is an absolute joy to watch. 

Neither Cochrane nor McDonald have even made the matchday squad since coming back and it's not looking great for them. Both burst onto the scene and looked like having big futures but they've virtually disappeared in the last year.

I know Cochrane has had injury issues but you've got to question if he has the desire to forge a decent career. I know even less about McDonald. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see either go out on loan again before Friday. 

How can you say it’s not looking good? Jeezo their both only 18 and it seems as though your writing them off already? Sometimes kickback astounds me it really does.

Look I mean you no offence as your entitled to your opinion but come on let’s Give it time let’s just wait and see.

22 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think that was in his first  2 weeks 

Googled it myself - 6 weeks ago not 8,

but as I already said, irrelevant unless Levein is the person telling randoms about ultimatums given to 18 year olds...

image.png.2bf94f1fe86c873a759317227c78fd84.png

3 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Don’t expect to see McDonald in the first team any time soon. In his 1-2-1 with Stendel he was pretty much told to ship up or ship out. Attitude nowhere near good enough and even a suggestion some of his injuries haven’t quite been what they seemed.

So you're saying that the info that the injuries were not what they seemed came from existing Hearts employees but they waited until they cleared up and there was a change in management before getting the new manager to raise the issue with McDonald? If that is right, I'd seriously question Stendel's judgement in relying on a report of a disciplinary issue from an employee who had sat on that information for some time.

What is meant by the injuries not being what they seemed? Are you suggesting that McDonald was faking the injuries? What would be the rationale for an 17 year old faking injuries? I don't really get this.

If the summary above is an accurate summary of a confidential 1-to-1 discussion then Hearts really need to deal with the breach of confidentiality. If my manager allowed that kind of discussion to leak out, including that he had accused me of gross misconduct, then I'd be looking to get him or whoever leaked the information fired.

On the original post, it is ridiculous how quickly Hearts fans write off youngsters. We massively over hype youngsters when they first come through and then absolutely trash them when they don't live up to our totally unrealistic expectations of them.

6 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

I understand it’s obviously a lot harder to believe ITK stuff when it’s negative. We all want Tony McDonald to be a star and he’s shown glimpses of being a gifted footballer. Doesn’t change the fact it’s been common knowledge for months that he has a terrible attitude. It’s been fed back to Stendel by those he trusts and he has seen it for himself in training. All came to a head last week with the Morton game.

What a load of absolute bollocks.  This myth about his attitude came from a poster on here and it somehow grew arms and legs.

12 hours ago, jambogemz said:

Got to wonder what direction these young lads careers are going to go!

The manager gave all the young lads the chance to show what they can do by recalling them from loan and promotion to the first team proper. Lewis Moore and Euan Henderson have grabbed the chance while the current development of Andy Irving is an absolute joy to watch. 

Neither Cochrane nor McDonald have even made the matchday squad since coming back and it's not looking great for them. Both burst onto the scene and looked like having big futures but they've virtually disappeared in the last year.

I know Cochrane has had injury issues but you've got to question if he has the desire to forge a decent career. I know even less about McDonald. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see either go out on loan again before Friday. 

It’s an interesting post for sure

dont think Stendel will send them back out on loan as they were just recalled 

it’s 1 of 2 things. Either they are just waiting for a chance or as you said, they may not be taking their chance 

Either way, we need to give it a bit of time. God forbid, we don’t experience any more injuries but we do need players on the sidelines who can step in. It’s more important that if they do, they take their chance this time.

They just need to take a look at Henderson and Moore to know that if they play well they will be given a chance 👍

9 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Feedback from Naysmith and Levein.

Woudn’t listen to his opinions on our players tbh

Is he still here (on the back shift)? 😂

8 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Prior to and during the break Stendel frequently said he had been busy and could not talk to everyone. 

To be honest not everything should be fed out. 

We love the information,  but a lot of it is sensitive stuff. 

Really disappointing thread this. 

2 boys and no more. 

Whelan Berra etc fair game in my book,  I don't know many 18 year olds who are worldly wise.

Prefer to encourage kids and educate rather than slaughter them 

I have to disagree with you on this one mate. These lads both have the natural talent to go on and become millionaires if they apply themselves properly. That makes them fair game for discussion amongst the fans who pile our money into the club.

I agree a bit of extra sensitivity and discretion required for younger players and they should be allowed some leeway. However on the case of McDonald we’re talking about long running issues which came to a head last week.

7 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

So you're saying that the info that the injuries were not what they seemed came from existing Hearts employees but they waited until they cleared up and there was a change in management before getting the new manager to raise the issue with McDonald? If that is right, I'd seriously question Stendel's judgement in relying on a report of a disciplinary issue from an employee who had sat on that information for some time.

What is meant by the injuries not being what they seemed? Are you suggesting that McDonald was faking the injuries? What would be the rationale for an 17 year old faking injuries? I don't really get this.

If the summary above is an accurate summary of a confidential 1-to-1 discussion then Hearts really need to deal with the breach of confidentiality. If my manager allowed that kind of discussion to leak out, including that he had accused me of gross misconduct, then I'd be looking to get him or whoever leaked the information fired.

On the original post, it is ridiculous how quickly Hearts fans write off youngsters. We massively over hype youngsters when they first come through and then absolutely trash them when they don't live up to our totally unrealistic expectations of them.

Bit over-dramatic mate 😂 It’s not a big secret at the club and Stendel saw the issues for himself last week with the Morton match.

2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

What a load of absolute bollocks.  This myth about his attitude came from a poster on here and it somehow grew arms and legs.

I’ve posted about a number of times over the past six months.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

I have to disagree with you on this one mate. These lads both have the natural talent to go on and become millionaires if they apply themselves properly. That makes them fair game for discussion amongst the fans who pile our money into the club.

I agree a bit of extra sensitivity and discretion required for younger players and they should be allowed some leeway. However on the case of McDonald we’re talking about long running issues which came to a head last week.

Bit over-dramatic mate 😂 It’s not a big secret at the club and Stendel saw the issues for himself last week with the Morton match.

I’ve posted about a number of times over the past six months.

Long running issues for teenagers are very different to full grown adults would be my view.  Very vulnerable at that age

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Long running issues for teenagers are very different to full grown adults would be my view.  Very vulnerable at that age

They absolutely are but when I say issues I don’t mean external issues. They centre around internal attitude, application and ambition.

10 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Personally I don’t think Cochrane is good enough and just happened to be a beacon of hope in a terrible period for the team, though would like to be proved wrong.  I know he had a niggle or two but being on the bench for Dunfermline doesn’t do anything to change my mind.  

I thought McDonald however looked the real deal and am surprised he hasn’t at least made the match day squad as an alternative wide option.  

This is exactly how I saw it. I always though Cochrane looked insanely slow.

Happy to be proved wrong obviously.

I fully expect Cochrane and McDonald to be involved in the first team in due course.  It may be next season depending on how they are showing up in training at the moment.   Anyone suggesting Cochrane isn't good enough needs to have a word or maybe spend a bit more time trying to understand football.  Jeez.  

Well this thread turned shit. All the last word merchants at it again.

Mikey pointing out that Connor Smith also back is a good point and I do wonder if we're more likely to see him than Harry or Tony. We're reasonably well covered in those areas of the park is the only thing. In that I'd probably see Smith play as one of the 3 in a 4231.

Chris Hamilton also back just now?

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Chris Hamilton also back just now?

Stayed at Cowdenbeath for rest of season.

Current players on loan (I think) are

Hamilton - Cowdenbeath 

Baur - Bonnyrigg 

Currie - Linfield 

Burns - Newcastle Jets

Lee - Gillingham 

Couple of other youngsters at lower level Scottish clubs 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hamilton - Cowdenbeath 

Baur - Bonnyrigg 

Currie - Linfield 

Burns - Newcastle Jets

Lee - Gillingham 

Ah thanks. Wonder if Hamilton may break through next season.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

They absolutely are but when I say issues I don’t mean external issues. They centre around internal attitude, application and ambition.

At 18, they can be sorted. That might take a bit of effort, its whether their ability is worth the effort, but a kangaroo court, which JKB thrives upon, not great for immature kids welfare. Modern world I suppose

41 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hamilton - Cowdenbeath 

Baur - Bonnyrigg 

Currie - Linfield 

Burns - Newcastle Jets

Lee - Gillingham 

Gary Naysmith must be rushed of his feet 🤣

Tokyo Drifter

I'd be surprised if we don't see one or other of them feature this season. Young, energetic, skillful - they're perfect for how Stendel seems to want to play. Agree about the need to beef up a bit but the same was true of Sam Nicholson and even Calum Paterson when they broke into the first team.  

12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Connor Smith is back too. 

How did he do on loan? Seemed to play a fair amount and at 17 in League Two that is fairly impressive.

1 minute ago, E6 Inc said:

How did he do on loan? Seemed to play a fair amount and at 17 in League Two that is fairly impressive.

Lots of praise from Cowdenbeath. Good results and a few goals when he was there. A few Man of the Match awards. 

Just now, Meadows said:

As a comparison , albeit a fair bit older . Adam King is struggling to make the squad at Dundee United . Wonder where he’ll end up ? 

Just had a look - he's 24 and has played 65 senior games in his career, a good chunk of which have been as a sub. 

For a player of that age to play that little is almost career killer unfortunately.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Lots of praise from Cowdenbeath. Good results and a few goals when he was there. A few Man of the Match awards. 

Good to hear, definitely an exciting one of the future.

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Gary Naysmith must be rushed of his feet 🤣

I hope Gary has a yearly bus pass from the club.

13 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Staggering 😂 King size comedown 🤣

What a load of pish. 

They need time. Both played when they were 16. Just back under a new gaffer. Need to get their physical conditioning up to his standards and get their heads round his way of playing. It all takes time. But with good coaching both have a great chance

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Smack said:

Staggering 😂 King size comedown 🤣

What a load of pish. 

From first team starlet, loaned to Dunfermline, passed over for Irving, Henderson and Moore, who they had got in front of. New manager maybe not seeing their future so brightly.

All a matter of opinion, but way I see it. Egos will have taken a severe bashing, hard enough for men to take, will be very difficult for kids to take it, to be written off is not what they need.

A dose of reality aye, but not chucked on the scrap heap for an online kicking, don't think anyone would want that if it were their son, brother, mate whatever.

A lot of disappointment in sport, it only escalates the higher up you get. That's my view, I'll stick with it.

Why is it folk feel the need to chuck an insult? You could just as easily disagreed :lol:

Macdonald has been injured this season. But he did look one of our best players in the LC games. Not difficult though, I suppose.

Im sure he’ll kick on next season.

Cochrane is still very young and will hopefully have a big future ahead of him.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

They’ll either benefit and take the chance over the next 4 months to improve and buy in to the Stendel regime or they’ll be gone.

This may not mean they play but just show enough potential for the next season or two.

In Daniel we trust....

On the issue of size - I generally agree that it shouldn’t be decisive - but then you see 20yr old Sibbick on the pitch like some sort of Marvel action hero and you get how some players find themselves ahead of others.

Young Scottish players are their own worst enemies at times.