Harry Cochrane and Anthony McDonald

jambogemz

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

They’ll either benefit and take the chance over the next 4 months to improve and buy in to the Stendel regime or they’ll be gone.

This may not mean they play but just show enough potential for the next season or two.

In Daniel we trust....

On the issue of size - I generally agree that it shouldn’t be decisive - but then you see 20yr old Sibbick on the pitch like some sort of Marvel action hero and you get how some players find themselves ahead of others.

Young Scottish players are their own worst enemies at times.

Probably the best post I've read on the topic

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Spellczech

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

Both players have ability. Time will tell if they have the application.

Sending them out on loan this season may not be a great idea.....they should be with the squad and getting the benefit of Stendel and playing reserve matches etc.

Then come the summer the manager can decide for himself what to do with them.

Some thread 🤣🤣🤣

Looks to me like the manager wants to know everything about ALL the players at his disposal, he wants to look into their eyes and see if there's something in there he can work with, if the answer is no, yer on yer bike.

Nothing wrong with having a few egos about the place either, managed properly it's a must in a successful team.

Think I'll respect the managers judgement that if players are ready for the 1st team then they'll have to knuckle down and wait their chance,

Personally hope I never see another player apart from the current 1st team pulling on the shirt for years to come. 

18 hours ago, jambogemz said:

Got to wonder what direction these young lads careers are going to go!

The manager gave all the young lads the chance to show what they can do by recalling them from loan and promotion to the first team proper. Lewis Moore and Euan Henderson have grabbed the chance while the current development of Andy Irving is an absolute joy to watch. 

Neither Cochrane nor McDonald have even made the matchday squad since coming back and it's not looking great for them. Both burst onto the scene and looked like having big futures but they've virtually disappeared in the last year.

I know Cochrane has had injury issues but you've got to question if he has the desire to forge a decent career. I know even less about McDonald. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see either go out on loan again before Friday. 

Once Daniel gets us up the league I think he will give them a chance to see what they can do.

13 hours ago, Diego10 said:

They're both 18.  They have loads of time to develop.  How many other teams in the league are playing 18 year olds?

At last a sensible comment

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Why is it folk feel the need to chuck an insult? You could just as easily disagreed :lol:

Call a spade a spade. Not an earth lifting implementation tool.

Fwiw, Cochrane and Mcdonald always seemed the best of our youths alongside the dearly departed Zanatta. It is a brutal business as we all know, they have to shape up fast. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Smack said:

Fwiw, Cochrane and Mcdonald always seemed the best of our youths alongside the dearly departed Zanatta. It is a brutal business as we all know, they have to shape up fast. 

They do. Never a Zanatta fan myself, always looked shite and proved so.

I quite enjoy the insults, call me strange, but I just cant take it personally from online tubes  :)

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

They do. Never a Zanatta fan myself, always looked shite and proved so.

I quite enjoy the insults, call me strange, but I just cant take it personally from online tubes  :)

Good stuff. Gtf then. 

McDonald has only just recovered from concussion picked up in his last couple of days at Dunfermline.  Had a mandatory 2 weeks off so missed all the training the manager did in the break and has only just started training with 1st team again. Only just become eligible for selection for this weeks game.

Harry been training and played reserves last week. 

Fully expect to see them in the very near future but as it stands the team is winning so doubt there will be many changes.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, Smack said:

They should both get at least 2 more years surely as 18 year olds? We seem to release young fringe squad players around 20/21 (like Zanatta) if they haven't made significant strides into the first team or have played quite a few FT games but haven't really made a big impact.

12 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

McDonald has only just recovered from concussion picked up in his last couple of days at Dunfermline.  Had a mandatory 2 weeks off so missed all the training the manager did in the break and has only just started training with 1st team again. Only just become eligible for selection for this weeks game.

Harry been training and played reserves last week. 

Fully expect to see them in the very near future but as it stands the team is winning so doubt there will be many changes.

Mandatory two weeks off?

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Mandatory two weeks off?

There were some new guidelines for concussions across sport. I thought it was a one week mandatory for players but younger players might need to take even longer off as the guidelines were for school sport too.

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

There were some new guidelines for concussions across sport. I thought it was a one week mandatory for players but younger players might need to take even longer off as the guidelines were for school sport too.

6 days is the period in football

I think Aidy White will be out for St Johnstone 

But age could be a factor here or other circumstances of the incident 

47 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

35 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

6 days is the period in football

I think Aidy White will be out for St Johnstone 

But age could be a factor here or other circumstances of the incident 

6 days was what I thought as well

Mr Brightside

Andy Irving was not involved in a Stendel squad for 4 weeks. Maybe Stendel just wants Cochrane and MacDonald to train with the team first to get up to speed with the new system before putting them into the first team.

3 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Andy Irving was not involved in a Stendel squad for 4 weeks. Maybe Stendel just wants Cochrane and MacDonald to train with the team first to get up to speed with the new system before putting them into the first team.

Honestly can’t see either making a further first team appearance this season. Suspect at least one will go back out on loan.

20 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Mandatory two weeks off?

If you have concussion you are not allowed to do anything hor 2 weeks, then a week of training before you are available for selection.  It the rules for young players.

42 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

If you have concussion you are not allowed to do anything hor 2 weeks, then a week of training before you are available for selection.  It the rules for young players.

That’s really interesting. What age range do the separate rules apply to? Could imagine there maybe being something different for u18s or u16s but not for 18-21 year olds.

Is go-karting covered by the rules?
🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Alex Kintner

On 28/01/2020 at 19:29, Haringshairband said:

Yeah they're still very young and should not be written off by our very impatient fans.

On 28/01/2020 at 20:00, ToqueJambo said:

Both Moore and Henderson seem to have filled out quite a bit, which might have pushed them ahead of MacDonald. Irving has certainly cemented a place ahead of Cochrane. They'll get chances I'm sure and have loads of time. I thought we'd seen the last of Moore but he's looked much more like a first team player since breaking back in to the team. TBH MacDonald and Cochrane and all the young players should take heart from Stendel putting so much faith in Moore, Henderson and Irving.

👍👍👍

2 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

That’s really interesting. What age range do the separate rules apply to? Could imagine there maybe being something different for u18s or u16s but not for 18-21 year olds.

Is go-karting covered by the rules?
🤷🏻‍♂️

Under 21 they are classed as still developing so they have stricter rules but a standard for concussion is 2 weeks, the additional week is for after the concussion checks complete and younger players are then monitored when they stsrt any aerobic exercise. There is no contact training allowed until the end ofvthe 3rd week.

It includes everything, McDonald didn't take part in the go karting or the army camp stuff.

McDonald and Cochrane will be given a chance to prove themselves and bulk up a bit through the rest of this season while playing for the reserves and in first team training. I wouldn’t expect to see either of them in the first team squad this season and there’s a possibility Cochrane will go out on loan. McDonald can only play for Dunfermline and we’re not keen on him going there again.

Came from my brother who is ages with and knows both of them.

20 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Really? McDonald was in the go- karting photo with everybody else? 🤔

Actually looking closer I think that’s Hickey.

Edited by Alex Kintner

1 hour ago, Naisysback said:

Under 21 they are classed as still developing so they have stricter rules but a standard for concussion is 2 weeks, the additional week is for after the concussion checks complete and younger players are then monitored when they stsrt any aerobic exercise. There is no contact training allowed until the end ofvthe 3rd week.

It includes everything, McDonald didn't take part in the go karting or the army camp stuff.

6 days for Scottish football unless it has changed recently

Happened to Uche last season. Missed midweek game but played 7 days later. 

Edited by Mikey1874

On 30/01/2020 at 20:38, Mikey1874 said:

6 days for Scottish football unless it has changed recently

Happened to Uche last season. Missed midweek game but played 7 days later. 

Under 21 14days standard then after checks passed 1 week training.