Be very careful - Mods take note

$ilvery_Moon

$ilvery_Moon

After viewing the lawyers thread I feel compelled to write a thread of my own. There are some very threatening and potentially libellous posts in various threads about Mr Romanov on here. I know people who have been sued for comments made on messageboards (some face losing their homes and financial ruin) and I want to make you all aware that it is a possibility that this could possibly happen to both JKB and it's members.

We all have opinions on the goings on at Hearts, and I would like to point out I am not in favour of what is going on myself, but if Mr Romanov or one of his associates read some of the posts on this site it is very possible, and he would be well within his rights to bring about legal action against both the website and the posters who made the posts.

We all want change at the club, and we all want success, but please be very careful what you write.

Rawrrrrrrr
After viewing the lawyers thread I feel compelled to write a thread of my own. There are some very threatening and potentially libellous posts in various threads about Mr Romanov on here. I know people who have been sued for comments made on messageboards (some face losing their homes and financial ruin) and I want to make you all aware that it is a possibility that this could possibly happen to both JKB and it's members.

We all have opinions on the goings on at Hearts, and I would like to point out I am not in favour of what is going on myself, but if Mr Romanov or one of his associates read some of the posts on this site it is very possible, and he would be well within his rights to bring about legal action against both the website and the posters who made the posts.

We all want change at the club, and we all want success, but please be very careful what you write.

Maybe we could all save up and give the webster family some money for a libel claim ?;)

No such thing as libel in Scotland. :rolleyes:

If you're talking about defamation, I'd say that the defence of "opinion" covers the vast majority of it.

Given some of Vlads outbursts it would be pretty hilarious if he took out a libel action against his own fans, I think that is the least of our worries.

The fat Lith can sue me for the nowt that i have. i hate him, He is vile and he is killing my club

Roman looks inbred too - take me to court Vlad!

Just a thought but if it happened Vlad would have to appear under oath -- all the questions everyone wanted to ask direct could be asked and under threat of further action if the truth was not told.Papers etc would need to be filed and they could be requested prior to the case.

I would be first in Q for that day in court.

QUESTIONS WE COULD ASK ....... ?

Is defamation not te collective word for libel & slander? Regardless, I don't think that there are ever many cases brought before the Courts for something of this nature.

Maybe the press could sue Romanov for calling them monkeys

Winston Ingram

Havent seen much of the other stuff BUT the thread regrading Pinilla and Vlad's wife is in particularly bad taste, albeit probably intended in jest. Thought this would have been swiftly removed.

I doubt the mods would take kindly to similar suggestions regarding their family members, after all.

ToadKiller Dog

I doubt Romanov would be bothered about a few childish rants/name calling on an internet site,maybe prancers plan to take Vlad to court for the sake of harrasing him with out good reason may interest him if it ever came to pass,but i doubt it.

This would be my defense in court

Hi your honour someone logged onto JKb as me and wrote those things, i had no idea it was being done

Prosecutor "is this possible "

expert"yes very much"

Jury"not guilty"

see ya Romanov you big fat jobbie!

The writings almost sound like veiled threats from desperate people. To sue anybody you have to have grounds I have seen nothing on these boards that are nearly as bad or libelous as the mad Lithuanian has accused Scottish Football the Referees and the old firm with. Good luck with the warnings but I have a feeling Mr Romanov,s abuse is just starting.

It's all about opinions, i can't think of anything i've read on here that could be deemed libellous and if there was, the MODS would remove anything they thought might be. By the way, i wish some of Vlad's puppets would read things on here, maybe they'd get through to him in some way.

portobellojambo1

If you're talking about defamation, I'd say that the defence of "opinion" covers the vast majority of it.

Would tend to agree with that, as long as you do not state that your opinion is fact.

Winston Ingram

On a similar theme... Is it widely known/thought or even accepted that senior mods on here read/act on people's private messages...?

I never thought this was the case in Kickback's previous forms, even when the club ran it. Would be interested to learn thoughts...

$ilvery_Moon

It doesn't cover threatening behaviour or insulting comments.

Given some of Vlads outbursts it would be pretty hilarious if he took out a libel action against his own fans, I think that is the least of our worries.

The ex-chairman of Sheffield Wednesday took legal action against the clubs supporters for comments made on a messageboard. It has happened before and it is not impossible that it could happen again.

Sounds like something Roman Romanov might post on a messageboard.

;)I can assure you I am definitely not Roman Romanov.

Is defamation not te collective word for libel & slander? Regardless, I don't think that there are ever many cases brought before the Courts for something of this nature.

Maybe the press could sue Romanov for calling them monkeys

I'm not totally sure to be honest but I believe in Scotland it does come under the same umbrella.

The Real Maroonblood
It doesn't cover threatening behaviour or insulting comments.

The ex-chairman of Sheffield Wednesday took legal action against the clubs supporters for comments made on a messageboard. It has happened before and it is not impossible that it could happen again.

;)I can assure you I am definitely not Roman Romanov.

I'm not totally sure to be honest but I believe in Scotland it does come under the same umbrella.

What happened to them?

$ilvery_Moon
Havent seen much of the other stuff BUT the thread regrading Pinilla and Vlad's wife is in particularly bad taste, albeit probably intended in jest. Thought this would have been swiftly removed.

I doubt the mods would take kindly to similar suggestions regarding their family members, after all.

It's all about opinions, i can't think of anything i've read on here that could be deemed libellous and if there was, the MODS would remove anything they thought might be. By the way, i wish some of Vlad's puppets would read things on here, maybe they'd get through to him in some way.

See the above quote. Some of the stuff in those threads were pretty bad.

The writings almost sound like veiled threats from desperate people. To sue anybody you have to have grounds I have seen nothing on these boards that are nearly as bad or libelous as the mad Lithuanian has accused Scottish Football the Referees and the old firm with. Good luck with the warnings but I have a feeling Mr Romanov,s abuse is just starting.

You didn't really think I was a club employee did you? I'm just a fan who is concerned that some of my fellow fans and this website could get into trouble.

$ilvery_Moon
What happened to them?

All but one of the cases has been dropped. The final case is ongoing and has yet to be finalised. The legal bills for the website and the accused have run into tens of thousands of pounds.

The Real Maroonblood
All but one of the cases has been dropped. The final case is ongoing and has yet to be finalised. The legal bills for the website and the accused have run into tens of thousands of pounds.

Surely who ever is suing must foot the legal costs.

I cannot see how the website will have to pay costs unless they lose.

Gigolo-Aunt

Dave Allen had a bit of a cheek though.

He called a supporters group "cretins" and had a huge pop at a lady on this group.

Glass houses and all that.

I do agree with your concerns in the OP though.

Some of the stuff on Kickback is way out of line.

Rudolf's Mate

Fair enough but then where does it all end???

Comments about Derek Riordan and other players on here have been as bad as it gets so are we saying that the little leith junk pot could take action against people calling him a rat faced erse?

Just a thought..... By the way. Someone broke into my house and stole my computer so it wasnae me officer!!!

HMFC-chris

Not that I have posted anything but like other people I have at present a very strong opinion regarding out major shareholder, his incompetent (happy to try and prove this is not libel) son and even more incompetent ontourage (maybe harder to prove as they don't really seem to do anything) - I for one am more than happy to say who I am if I feel the need to makwe dodgy comments anywhere in my life - this from my understanding would certainly absolve JKB as they would not be deemed to be hiding my identity and at this present time I would love to have my day in court with our major incompetent shareholder. Bring it on.

Chip Douglas

Please see Acey's post for the position in Scotland. Libel and slander are not known terms under Scots Law.

Just like arson and manslaughter.

The fat Lith can sue me for the nowt that i have. i hate him, He is vile and he is killing my club

Roman looks inbred too - take me to court Vlad!

Well said mate! Quality....................................:rofl:

Fair enough but then where does it all end???

Comments about Derek Riordan and other players on here have been as bad as it gets so are we saying that the little leith junk pot could take action against people calling him a rat faced erse?

Just a thought..... By the way. Someone broke into my house and stole my computer so it wasnae me officer!!!

There's this thing called an IP adress and all that. Sure they have means to find out if they wanted

• Moderators
Now, now.. I did not "spread" anything "malicious" and certainly no "lies". Merely asked a question.

Apologies Winston.

I read "is it" as "it is".

Sorry again.

We don't have access to PMs.

Winston Ingram
Apologies Winston.

I read "is it" as "it is".

Sorry again.

We don't have access to PMs.

No problem. Thankyou for the swift clarification. Interesting, but accepted.

Cheers.

kenny gray

I heard a rumor from someone high up at Hearts that the main man in charge of our club, the 'top dog' as it were, was caught sucking off a young trainee in the changing rooms during the summer break. Allegedly of course.

Is this ok ? Does 'rumour' and 'allegedly' cover things?

Vald has, IMO, been criminally negligent in the running of Hearts.

He's also a tw@t.

Good luck to a Lithuanian suing a US resident for comments made on a Scottish message board :)

Winston Ingram

I remember laughing when reading a translated article in a Lithuanian paper last season re. Vlad and Hearts. Journalist had been to Edinburgh and interviewed guys in Diggers. One, for argument's sake called "Big Shug" said a host of things which basically would never be allowed in a media outlet here..

The vision of Lithuanian lawyers seeking out a Diggers regular for comments made, and a subsequent court battle where the bloke claimed he was under the influence of the best 80 bob in the land at the time of interview made me chuckle!

Rudolf's Mate
There's this thing called an IP adress and all that. Sure they have means to find out if they wanted

Someone stole my house officer :P

Goldstone Wonder
I heard a rumor from someone high up at Hearts that the main man in charge of our club, the 'top dog' as it were, was caught sucking off a young trainee in the changing rooms during the summer break. Allegedly of course.

Is this ok ? Does 'rumour' and 'allegedly' cover things?

no.

Goldstone Wonder
Vald has, IMO, been criminally negligent in the running of Hearts.

He's also a tw@t.

Good luck to a Lithuanian suing a US resident for comments made on a Scottish message board :)

that's opinion so JKBcould use the defence if fair comment, It wouldn't be you in the firing line unless you have assets in the UK but it would be the owners of JKB,

I would LOVE for Vlad to appear in court and prove he isn't a lying, cheating, filthy megalomaniacal bawbag.

Aint ever gonna happen.

• Moderators
On a similar theme... Is it widely known/thought or even accepted that senior mods on here read/act on people's private messages...?

I never thought this was the case in Kickback's previous forms, even when the club ran it. Would be interested to learn thoughts...

I don't know where you get your info, but I'm a 'senior mod' and I've never read anyone else's private messages. I doubt if the ability to do that exists in the software we use.

I hope that answers your question.

In its previous incarnation I can confirm - as can another poster - that the Mods could and did read PMs. This led to the farcical episode where the Mods accused us of planning to paint a King Billy mural on a gable end in McLeod Street. Honestly, you couldn't make it up. :eek:

As for now, I've no reason to believe the Mods do read PMs. I think it's very much changed days otherwise I wouldn't have paid my fiver. Whether they have the capability to do it or not, I've no idea.

Whether they have the capability to do it or not, I've no idea.

I dont think the moderators can Therapist, as far as I am aware they have limited rights.

But I am sure if administrators could if they wanted, although I doubt that they have the inclination.

The Human Rights Act of 1998 offers everybody the right to privacy, and any unauthorised breach of this right could be classed as a criminal offence.

The Real Maroonblood
In its previous incarnation I can confirm - as can another poster - that the Mods could and did read PMs. This led to the farcical episode where the Mods accused us of planning to paint a King Billy mural on a gable end in McLeod Street. Honestly, you couldn't make it up. :eek:

As for now, I've no reason to believe the Mods do read PMs. I think it's very much changed days otherwise I wouldn't have paid my fiver. Whether they have the capability to do it or not, I've no idea.

You could have had a gay time.

;)

Hi your honour someone logged onto JKb as me and wrote those things, i had no idea it was being done

expert"yes very much"

Jury"not guilty"

This about covers it. :)

p.s. VR likes the ******. :eek:

expert"yes very much"

Jury"not guilty"

I'm sure there would be ways to prove whether it was you or not, or rather the likelihood that it was or wasn't you.

Similar to saying it wasn't you driving when your car goes through a red light or is caught on the speed cameras, no?

Personally I would give you 20 years hard labour for using the US English spelling of defence.;)

MacDonald Jardine
that's opinion so JKBcould use the defence if fair comment, It wouldn't be you in the firing line unless you have assets in the UK but it would be the owners of JKB,

Rubbish.

There has to be some basis to the opinion.

If you're going to make suggestions that you think someone has committed a criminal act you better be able to back it up.

the voice from above
Here you go... some light reading.

http://www.scottishlaw.org.uk/lawscotland/itdef.html

Can't be arsed reading that but...

Vladimir Romanov, in my humble opinion, has all the Phrenological traits of a child molester and according to a boy in the boozer Roman Romanov is allegedly the result of a genetic experiment involving Vlad's sperm, the eggs of the now extinct Lithuanian giant salamander and several potent radiactive materials...

I can't confirm any of this, it's just what I've heard...

Thunderstruck
Can't be arsed reading that but...

I think, perhaps, you should.

At page 17 of "Scots Law Defamation on the Internet" by Kevin Crombie

http://www.scottishlaw.org.uk/journal/oct2000/def.pdf

you will find....

'Flaming' is an internet term used to describe full, frank and unrestricted comments posted on the web which often bear a strong resemblance to insult and abuse.

A web page entitled "The Twelve Commandments of Flaming" advises users to "make up things about your opponent" and "when in doubt, insult". It is not uncommon to find a newsgroup which has lost all relevance to its original subject matter and degenerated into a full scale 'flame war'. It must be remembered though that

"Flames are serious, personal attacks possessing no relation to the spirit of cooperative learning or to active discussion, and they should be treated as such under the law"

Does the above bear any resemblance to some of what passes for debate on JKB? You decide.

Archived