• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• BackOfTheNet

• Cruyff

• Tommy Brown

Top Posters In This Topic

Also was going bonkers behind the goal when we scored. 

Today he was playing like the first few games after he signed. 

Some real coaching will do this guy a world of good.

I think his best role is as a sub when we are struggling to break a side down, nobody can deal with his size or physicality.

Did anyone else notice his celebrations when we equalised?

He loves Hearts and i think he has a role to play going forward!

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

This btw. He a good option off the bench. I’d keep him 

Yeah, he's a man mountain and to bring him on when the defence gets a bit leggy is a good option to have. 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, OTT said:

Yeah, he's a man mountain and to bring him on when the defence gets a bit leggy is a good option to have. 

Yep. Had we been a bit quicker at the end he was going to run straight through their defence.

2 minutes ago, hthejambo said:

Needs to show that every week though 

This. His weakness is his strength. Falls over to easily at times and the Refs also thinks he’s the fouler when he in fact getting hauled to the ground.

In our position we should keep him

He offers a different type of forward option and if he played like he did today he is nowhere near a list of players we would want to move on

The big man was just what was needed at the end. Rangers were tired and am sure the last thing a tired man wants is a physical battle with a fresh Uche. 

Sure he was signed as someone who offered something a bit different and who could come off the bench.

He was never meant to be our main striker, then Lafferty got sold, Naismith got injured and then him and MacLean were all we had.

If he is happy to fight for a place I'm more than happy to keep him.

Edited by number-16

18 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Yep. Had we been a bit quicker at the end he was going to run straight through their defence.

I was a bit dissapointed with his movement there. I thought he could have anticipated where the ball was going to go a lot quicker than he did.

18 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

100% keep him.

Uche 

Boyce

Naismith

Washington

Options ...

Mr EP

You made the statement that he wasn't wanted, within a week of DS arriving.

I doubted you, but you are ITK (I suspect).:callme:

Or a lucky guess. :smile:

Also, you were very pro CL back then, how do you feel about DS now?

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Mr EP

Aye, what was it he said "I'd rather have Craig Levein" :rofl:

Takeshi kovac

Said it on another thread, he is a great option off the bench and I'd much rather McLean was punted

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Mr EP

Psychic mate. Check the betting thread. Called 2-1 Hearts days ago ...

I love Uche and would like him to stay. Very good option to have alongside Washington, Naismith and Boyce.

Think things look a lot more positive now. Since the Aberdeen game we’ve gone from strength to strength. We just need to start winning against the bottom six teams and we will be sound. I wound be excited to see him get a summer window to fully shape his footballing vision.

1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

It's been rumoured, but the guy played like a Titan when he came on.

He offers way more than Moore 

i like him definitely a keep 

Tennant's  6's

With better coaching, he could be a team asset, esp as other have said, coming off the bench against tiring defenders. 

It seemed that MacPhee was trying to coach him to play a different way/ position when he assumed control, Stendel could improve him like he's done with Clare & Irving etc

Uche was great when he came on. Didn’t see him once throw himself to ground. Definitely a good 20 minute impact sub. I wouldn’t bin him as he’s a great option off the bench. He can bully defences and open up gaps for our forwards. Was like the Uche when he first signed. Went stale and lazy under the previous regime. Take a bow big man 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Aye, what was it he said "I'd rather have Craig Levein" :rofl:

I must say, I am asking a guenuine question, not looking to make an arse of him.

Seeing struggling players now thrive (eg Clare) is making a good few change their opinions on coaching and players.

16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Psychic mate. Check the betting thread. Called 2-1 Hearts days ago ...

I love Uche and would like him to stay. Very good option to have alongside Washington, Naismith and Boyce.

Think things look a lot more positive now. Since the Aberdeen game we’ve gone from strength to strength. We just need to start winning against the bottom six teams and we will be sound. I wound be excited to see him get a summer window to fully shape his footballing vision.

Cheers bud 👍

Ignore last post

jack D and coke

He’s frustrating at times the big man but I genuinely like him and he seems to have feelings for us too. 
Id like him to stay he’s a handful when he’s on form. 

Thread reflects the conversation I was having with my mate on our way to get the train home (cancelled, cheers Scotrail).  I'd keep him unless we get an offer too good to turn down.

Edited by Haken

10 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

With better coaching, he could be a team asset, esp as other have said, coming off the bench against tiring defenders. 

It seemed that MacPhee was trying to coach him to play a different way/ position when he assumed control, Stendel could improve him like he's done with Clare & Irving etc

Exactly, he has gone backwards since his arrival. But if he can learn to adapt and his cameo in the last 10 minutes shows he has something to offer.

As a sub like that is Uche's best use, so definitely worth keeping now we have some other strikers to start the game out

Give him 15-20 mins to run around full of energy giving tiring centre backs and full backs a whole new dimension to worry about

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

This btw. He a good option off the bench. I’d keep him 

Yes.  Don’t think he’ll ever be more than that but put a good shift in when he came in.

Think he tries hard but gets too involved in physical battles at times. If he focused on trying to find space in the box and losing his marker instead of trying to battle defenders then he might be more effective. 

Look at Boyce for both our goals today.... found space then made the killer pass/slotted home. It's about knowing when to battle and knowing when to find space. Boyce can do a bit of both

As others have said, a frustrating player

Edited by Ted (Theodore) Logan
Forgot stuff

He was the same at Dingwall, last 20mins changed the way we approached going forward but today was even better as we had more options alongside with Boyce, Naisy & Washington. 

For me its a defo keep for the 20min cameo

I’d be pretty disappointed to lose him. He may not score many but today shows what he’s good at - creating mayhem ! Good cameo today ! 🇱🇻