Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

I'm really confused about social distancing now....

Apparently I should be outside every day clapping, singing, banging pots, shining torches, and playing Flower of Scotland, Highland Cathedral, Reach for the Sky simultaneously to recognise the NHS, the retail workers, the bin men, the police, the fire brigade and the postal service whilst having in my window a rainbow,  a teddy bear and a green or red square......

I hope it kills us all......I really do.

Edited by Der Kaiser

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trapper John McIntyre
4 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Apparently I should be outside every day clapping, singing, banging pots, shining torches, and playing Flower of Scotland, Highland Cathedral, Reach for the Sky simultaneously to recognise the NHS, the retail workers, the bin men, the police, the fire brigade and the postal service whilst having in my window a rainbow,  a teddy bear and a green or red square......

He speaks for us all.

Peter Finch

15 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Everybody get your kids drawings off the window! You've upset this tadger!!!!

annushorribilis III
56 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Then there's this....

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

He speaks for us all.

Peter Finch

“I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take anymore “ ! 

Edited by JamesM48
Spelling error

indianajones
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

:lol: 

Glad you asked that, Indy.

I wanted to know as well.

We came back from Barcelona in mid January and had a shit two weeks with horrendous coughing, a wee temperature and body pain.  

We put it down to flu.

Had the same symptoms for the last two weeks too. To be honest, i've not been fully fit since Christmas-ish. 

Almost certain i've got/had it and it has just been very mild.

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Everybody get your kids drawings off the window! You've upset this tadger!!!!

.....you gotta put up with the rain

Edited by Der Kaiser

shaun.lawson
8 hours ago, Justin Z said:

What measures are they taking over there in Uruguay? Here in Arizona it's pretty wild west at this point, with no official government proclamations or restrictions. Most businesses are still practicing social distancing but it's not mandated per se. All a bit of a mess primarily thanks to having an imbecile at the top of the political food chain both state-wise and nationally.

Hopefully they are taking it much more seriously in South America.

They've been pretty good so far, but not perfect.

- They closed schools and encouraged social distancing and working from home the moment the first case was announced, on Friday the 13th

- They've bought 20,000 testing kits from China, and are ramping up testing reasonably fast

- They deferred tax payments for 2-3 months

- All the banks have offered mortgage and loan repayment holidays for 3 months

- Access to unemployment benefit has been broadened enormously

- The homeless are being housed in hotels

- Supermarkets are offering 8am-10am or thereabouts for over-65s only

- All over-65s are being subsidised by the government to stay at home (including free internet access)

- The poorest are receiving a free shopping basket of basic goods 

- Supermarkets and pharmacies have been rationing cleaning products for several weeks now

But... they could arguably do more. This is a very liberal, open country. Closing borders really goes against what Uruguay stands for. It's been done, but very reluctantly. The left are pushing for a means tested basic income. It's not happened yet, but it might have to before long. 

16 days after the first case was announced, there are 309 in total now. One death; ten in intensive care; and 25 of the cases are health workers. I think their worst nightmare is if the virus gets into hospital wards.

I'm lucky. I live in a city which is very quiet for 8 months of the year. Punta del Este is a tourist resort; there's no more than 10,000 people here outside of summer. I am not anticipating the health system being overwhelmed where I am - but it might well be in Montevideo. Half the population lives in that one city: and Uruguay has an extremely old population, so there's lots of dangers ahead.

To draw a comparison: there's waiting times of well over a week on supermarket websites in Montevideo. Here, it's two days only.

Overall, the government (which has only been in power for 4 weeks!) is behaving more moderately and sensibly than any other in South America, and is guided by the science... but no country in this continent can afford the kind of economic disaster that's probably coming. If it does, social unrest and violence will surely follow. But put it this way: if I was in London or much of the US right now, I'd be scared out of my mind. I'm in as good a place as any in terms of my own safety, I'd say.

1 hour ago, Zlatanable said:

thanks for the kind responses, and thanks for the unkind responses.

I experienced a severe and realistic need to readjust my life. 

Sorry, thanks, and take care. 

zyZeCo4.gif

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

snip

Sounds like really good measures in place. Thanks for the info.

A terrified American nurse just got home from a Coronavirus shift, and quickly made a video to warn America about what she just saw.

spirt of 98

I know how she feels some idiots out their annoying me by selfishly not following the Governments rules. Should be named and shamed on TV names recorded and punished for the rest of their lives. 

15 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

I know how she feels some idiots out their annoying me by selfishly not following the Governments rules. Should be named and shamed on TV names recorded and punished for the rest of their lives. 

You expect people who are bored being indoors to stay there? Going out only risks lives. Have some empathy for the bored. Chances are most of the species are suffering from empty head syndrome too.

Trump accuses NYC nurses of stealing tens of thousands of face masks over a period of years.

:conspiracy:

Bolsonaro threatens to fire his health minister if he dares criticise Bolaonaro's insane anti-science rejection of the severity of covid-19

:cornette_dog:

spirt of 98
24 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

You expect people who are bored being indoors to stay there? Going out only risks lives. Have some empathy for the bored. Chances are most of the species are suffering from empty head syndrome too.

Helpful

Scaffolders in my street, walking about like nothing has happened. Strolling into other gardens, yet the old guy comes out for a chat about scaffolding, instead of telling them to gtf.

Dog walking is the new dangerous sport.

10 minutes ago, Cade said:

Trump accuses NYC nurses of stealing tens of thousands of face masks over a period of years.

Bolsonaro threatens to fire his health minister if he dares criticise Bolaonaro's insane anti-science rejection of the severity of covid-19

Belarusian PM has found a cure! Vodka and saunas

31 minutes ago, Cade said:

What a pair horrible *****

23 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Scaffolders in my street, walking about like nothing has happened. Strolling into other gardens, yet the old guy comes out for a chat about scaffolding, instead of telling them to gtf.

Dog walking is the new dangerous sport.

Women walks past my window about 9 times a day now.Also can you get dogs delivered from Amazon cause there sure is far more of them go past my house now.They are all enjoying there lie in though as I see nobody go past before 11.

I do the shopping then 30 min walk before being back in the house before 9am it's bliss nobody about.

9 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Women walks past my window about 9 times a day now.Also can you get dogs delivered from Amazon cause there sure is far more of them go past my house now.They are all enjoying there lie in though as I see nobody go past before 11.

I do the shopping then 30 min walk before being back in the house before 9am it's bliss nobody about.

Maybe the folk walking their dogs past your window used to jump in the car and take their dog somewhere for a walk which is not allowed just now.

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

My piles are slowly returning northwards from whence they came.

Best news I've seen today so far.

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Maybe the folk walking their dogs past your window used to jump in the car and take their dog somewhere for a walk which is not allowed just now.

Maybe or maybe they worked and had a dog walker but do it themselves now to be fair.They are not bothering me either just I have a large low front window so can't help but see them.

Edited by vegas-voss

20 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

What a pair horrible *****

Although it couldn't have seemed possible, Bolsonaro is like Trump Max. How the feck the Brazilians voted him in I'll never figure out. An even better illustration than the US of how we humans are ultimately responsible for our own woes by continuing to be led by propaganda and not using own our minds to distinguish between arseholes and non-arseholes.

Just now, redjambo said:

Although it couldn't have seemed possible, Bolsonaro is like Trump Max. How the feck the Brazilians voted him in I'll never figure out. An even better illustration than the US of how we humans are ultimately responsible for our own woes by continuing to be led by propaganda and not using own our minds to distinguish between arseholes and non-arseholes.

I think Trump would like to be like him but his party however much they are ****s still manage to reign him in a bit.

10 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

Then there's this....

Complete "Tards". Do they think they are immune FFS?

Same folk will drive to Asda with the family and buy 20 packs of loo roll.

Edited by Pans Jambo

...a bit disco

Dominic Cummings tests positive and is self isolating.

Anyone else suspicious about these top politicians testing positive? Easy way out of the limelight if you ask me. 

7 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

They've been pretty good so far, but not perfect.

- They closed schools and encouraged social distancing and working from home the moment the first case was announced, on Friday the 13th

- They've bought 20,000 testing kits from China, and are ramping up testing reasonably fast

- They deferred tax payments for 2-3 months

- All the banks have offered mortgage and loan repayment holidays for 3 months

- Access to unemployment benefit has been broadened enormously

- The homeless are being housed in hotels

- Supermarkets are offering 8am-10am or thereabouts for over-65s only

- All over-65s are being subsidised by the government to stay at home (including free internet access)

- The poorest are receiving a free shopping basket of basic goods 

- Supermarkets and pharmacies have been rationing cleaning products for several weeks now

But... they could arguably do more. This is a very liberal, open country. Closing borders really goes against what Uruguay stands for. It's been done, but very reluctantly. The left are pushing for a means tested basic income. It's not happened yet, but it might have to before long. 

16 days after the first case was announced, there are 309 in total now. One death; ten in intensive care; and 25 of the cases are health workers. I think their worst nightmare is if the virus gets into hospital wards.

I'm lucky. I live in a city which is very quiet for 8 months of the year. Punta del Este is a tourist resort; there's no more than 10,000 people here outside of summer. I am not anticipating the health system being overwhelmed where I am - but it might well be in Montevideo. Half the population lives in that one city: and Uruguay has an extremely old population, so there's lots of dangers ahead.

To draw a comparison: there's waiting times of well over a week on supermarket websites in Montevideo. Here, it's two days only.

Overall, the government (which has only been in power for 4 weeks!) is behaving more moderately and sensibly than any other in South America, and is guided by the science... but no country in this continent can afford the kind of economic disaster that's probably coming. If it does, social unrest and violence will surely follow. But put it this way: if I was in London or much of the US right now, I'd be scared out of my mind. I'm in as good a place as any in terms of my own safety, I'd say.

Gotta say, that sounds like they've pretty much done everything we have. Less, even. 

23 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Complete "Tards". Do they think they are immune FFS?

Same folk will drive to Asda with the family and buy 20 packs of loo roll.

Seems to me folk drove to a location for a walk. As long as they all didn't get out the cars at the same time and spat at each other what is the problem here?

People getting far to to involved in each others business and getting to high and mighty for my liking here. 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Seems to me folk drove to a location for a walk. As long as they all didn't get out the cars at the same time and spat at each other what is the problem here?

People getting far to to involved in each others business and getting to high and mighty for my liking here. 

Although not been said by Boris in an official capacity I've seen a couple of examples where the police have said you aren't allowed to drive somewhere for your exercise. You must leave on foot from your home.

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Anyone else suspicious about these top politicians testing positive? Easy way out of the limelight if you ask me. 

Part of me thinks that but then we you see how many meetings they have and how the front bench really were not doing the 2m apart in the commons it's hardly surprising they get it.

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Although not been said by Boris in an official capacity I've seen a couple of examples where the police have said you aren't allowed to drive somewhere for your exercise. You must leave on foot from your home.

Not convinced they have thought this one through.  I'm far more likely to come in close proximity to others by going a walk from my front door step round the block, than jumping in the car driving one mile up the road and walking down a deserted old farm track.

Heard yesterday that my mates Brother's partner had been taken into hospital and put on a ventilator over the weekend. She was put in an induced Coma yesterday in the hope that she will fight it over the next week or so.

Just now, Nobreath said:

Not convinced they have thought this one through.  I'm far more likely to come in close proximity to others by going a walk from my front door step round the block, than jumping in the car driving one mile up the road and walking down a deserted old farm track.

Sure, everyone can go to their own wee quiet back roads and such and be sensible. But not everyone does. Like those queuing up to go to Strathclyde Park yesterday, or East Lothian spots last week.

10 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

If Boris has not stated that it is against the rules to drive for a walk/run then the police have no right to intervene. 

Far to many folk using this situation to get all high and mighty and getting involved in people's affairs. As long as they are keeping their distance then what difference does it make. Folk have been packing into supermarkets ever since the isolation anyways. 

This whole situation is starting to stink IMO. States are seeing how well controlled folk can be and whilst the virus is serious the consequences of social control will far out weight it IMO

Edited by AlimOzturk

11 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

No. They mingle with many people during their daily life, including quite a number who travel extensively and may have been to pandemic hotspots. It is far more likely that they will catch the virus than Joe McWhirter in Lossiemouth.

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

If Boris has not stated that it is against the rules to drive for a walk/run then the police have no right to intervene. 

Far to many folk using this situation to get all high and mighty and getting involved in folks affairs. As long as folk are keeping their distance then what difference does it make. Folk have been packing into supermarkets ever since the isolation anyways. 

This whole situation is starting to stink IMO. States are seeing how well controlled folk can be and whilst the virus is serious the consequences of social control will far out weight it IMO

Please post all your crap in the virus conspiracy thread. This thread is for constructive information, advice and support, not your rants.

5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Sure, everyone can go to their own wee quiet back roads and such and be sensible. But not everyone does. Like those queuing up to go to Strathclyde Park yesterday, or East Lothian spots last week.

Well, the police should be dealing with that. Or Boris should have been more specific. 

Can't blame the public for simply going by the rules set out. Boris said nothing about not being able to drive to your destination of exercise. 

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Please post all your crap in the virus conspiracy thread. This thread is for constructive information, advice and support, not your rants.

I feel like posting what ever I like where ever I like so if you have a problem with that then put me on ignore. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Well, the police should be dealing with that. Or Boris should have been more specific. 

Can't blame the public for simply going by the rules set out. Boris said nothing about not being able to drive to your destination of exercise. 

Q: Can I drive during lockdown?

A: Under Government rules cars can be used, but only for essential journeys such as to buy food or medicine. If you are making a car journey, Public Health England says that people should drive alone or only with other members of their household.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/30/can-go-drive-lockdown-bus-train-car/

In other words, you can not use your car to go and exercise. How much more black and white do you want it?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic