Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

The Darwin awards are going to be flying thick and fast this year.

Conspiracy theorist died of coronavirus after trying to catch it at Covid party to prove it was a hoax

A young conspiracy theorist has died of coronavirus after trying to catch the disease at a ‘Covid party’ to prove it was a hoax.

The unidentified victim, who was in their 30s and from San Antonio in Texas, spoke of their regret to a nurse after testing positive for Covid-19 and being rushed to hospital, where they later died.

Dr Jane Appleby, from Methodist Healthcare said: ‘Just before the patient died, they looked at their nurse and said “I think I made a mistake, I thought this was a hoax, but it’s not.”‘

Dr Appleby also spoke of her horror at hearing how the Covid-19 victim had attended a party with someone who tested positive for the disease in a bid to disprove experts’ warnings about the danger coronavirus poses.

She told News4SA: ‘This is a party held by somebody diagnosed by the Covid virus and the thought is to see if the virus is real and to see if anyone gets infected.

‘It doesn’t discriminate and none of us are invincible. I don’t want to be an alarmist and we’re just trying to share some real-world examples to help our community realize that this virus is very serious and can spread easily.’

Texas has seen a massive surge in coronavirus cases since mid-June, and has now recorded more than 250,000 diagnoses, and over 3,100 deaths.

Governor Greg Abbott has ordered his citizens to wear a mask in public, after being criticized for reopening the Lone Star state too early.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/11/young-man-died-coronavirus-trying-catch-covid-party-prove-was-hoax-12976195/

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Walter Bishop
59 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

In that graph I'm seeing a rapid decline that levels off after VE day, raplidly declines again 2 weeks later, slightly rises after the BLM protests, drops again and then has maintained at much the same level for the past week or so.

It is also worth noting that those taking part in VE Day celebrations and BLM potests were relatively low compared to the general population.

Yeah agree, but we were warned these would cause 2nd spikes, waves and Tsunami`s. 

5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Eh?

who’s Karen?

323.jpg

Edited by Dawnrazor

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

What a beautiful site ! :) 

My local has actually got a few bodies in tbh. Same old faces. Same shan banter. 
Wonderful...

28 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

No idea why it’s displaying sideways but welcome back into my life you thing of beauty😋

F91C872B-D1F6-4CD9-9965-A7C36DF5DEDC.jpeg

even on its side it looks good! 

Edited by Dannie Boy
Good

12 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Eh?

who’s Karen?

The stereotypical name associated with rude, obnoxious and insufferable middle aged white women.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

My local has actually got a few bodies in tbh. Same old faces. Same shan banter. 
Wonderful...

Enjoy ! 

JudyJudyJudy

Just got my hair cut at local barbers. Amazing how it can lift your spirits.  Such a simple thing. :) 

Governor Tarkin
58 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Triggered, you say?! 

:cornette:

That'll be that world renowned Paisley patter shining through then.

15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Oh I am brother😋😋

802F2B51-02F3-4E6B-9C5E-1B43168273B3.jpeg

:glorious:

Edited by Governor Tarkin

jack D and coke
51 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'm great, bud. I just miss my Maw and Da at times. 

Why haven’t you seen your mum and dad? Genuine question man...

Back to work full and proper today. Still lacking the tourists but it was ****ing wonderful to get back out. Gigs also booking me up. 

Pubs weren’t busy on the mile but that might change by tonight. Saving myself for the weekend. 

Nucky Thompson
46 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

The stereotypical name associated with rude, obnoxious and insufferable middle aged white women.

Why only white women? 

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, weehammy said:

So why is she still doing daily briefings?
(As if we didn’t know 🤣)

Just to make sure the thickest understand.

:P

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Just to make sure the thickest understand.

:P

That's no way to talk about the SNP voters!

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Why only white women? 

Unless they are sex changed or transvestites. It refers to women! 

jack D and coke
36 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Back to work full and proper today. Still lacking the tourists but it was ****ing wonderful to get back out. Gigs also booking me up. 

Pubs weren’t busy on the mile but that might change by tonight. Saving myself for the weekend. 

Marvellous...

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Yeah agree, but we were warned these would cause 2nd spikes, waves and Tsunami`s. 

And the sky didn't crash down after humans interacted with each other? 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

My boy returns to football tonight. Quite a lot of new rules for them to actually play/train etc. 

No one, except goalkeepers, are allowed to touch football with hands, lots of procedures on how they actually get on the park, coaches will not provide any first aid in event of accident so parent have to stay for full extent of training in case anything happens to your child. Lots of other procedural things to be done. 

He’s in a age group that doesn’t need to social distance so **** knows what must be like for older groups. 

However, good for the little dude to get back playing a game he loves with his mates. He’ll be happy and knackered tonight. 

Brilliant !

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

Unless they are sex changed or transvestites. It refers to women! 

It tends to refer to loud , obnoxious , racist white women in America. They dont really have much brain cells it seems. 

6 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Alistair Haimes

UK: #COVID19 triage call data, from NHS. The great thing about this highly infectious respiratory virus is that it doesn't spread by celebrations, protests, riots, pubs or restaurants. Good thing my 3 kids all missed a term of school though, because you know - just in case.

Wait - so this graph is based on calls to 111 number?  That's it - whether someone called 111 or not?

2 minutes ago, Gards said:

Wait - so this graph is based on calls to 111 number?  That's it - whether someone called 111 or not?

And 999, down the right hand side.

Ainsley Harriott
6 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Good news

now everyone MUST follow all the social distancing rules and wearing of masks to keep the numbers down!

Nicola has got her mask on 

FB_IMG_1594841420273.jpg

Montgomery Brewster
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And the sky didn't crash down after humans interacted with each other? 

Ireland has just stalled its lockdown easing. 

I can imagine the state of some of the posters on here if Scotland does the same in a few weeks time 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

I can imagine the state of some of the posters on here if Scotland does the same in a few weeks time 

“ if “ being the crucial word 

Nucky Thompson
34 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

13 new cases and 2 deaths today in Ireland

People have every right to question why they have stalled

They deserve to become bankrupt 

On 14/07/2020 at 12:31, jonesy said:

Next will be the compulsory carrying of a smart phone with an app to prove you’ve had the vaccine. 

That is not funny but most likely true  watch this 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, weehammy said:

I’m not her biggest fan but that is a bit beyond the pale!

Yep comparing her to an evil mass murderer is obscene 

16 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Really!!! 

Put it this way, there are more people out and about whilst we come out of lockdown. So wearing a face mask to stop further spread, isn't to much to ask, is it? . Well... it is if your a fecking twit. 

As for the seat belt, it's the policing of the mask that is comparable to the wearing of a seat belt. A cop doesn't stand at your vehicle before anyone set off, but if they are so stupid and don't give a feck, that the Polis catch them not  wearing their's after they've had a few pints driving up the road, which is their god giving right to do, isn't it. Well... Tough shit. 

Let's hope they haven't left the dead prostitute in the boot. 

I'll be watching the posting when King Boris' England starts wearing them. 

Pardon?

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Interesting tweet 

E257761B-13F7-43AC-8062-31D81BD7A1BC.jpeg

Interesting considering official stats say 162 new cases and 13 deaths today. 

4 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Nicola has got her mask on 

FB_IMG_1594841420273.jpg

Do as you are told, without question, immediately!  It's the Reich thing to do.

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

I dunno, at least Castro presided over a pretty decent health service 😆

10 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Why haven’t you seen your mum and dad? Genuine question man...

Dead. 

Ainsley Harriott
9 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Unless you were a care home resident 

Walter Bishop
8 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Interesting considering official stats say 162 new cases and 13 deaths today. 

162 asymptomatic cases and deaths of people who have been ill for along time? Dont think these deaths will have happened overnight as much as you would like them to have. 

Walter Bishop

When you see stats like this its hard to accept what is/has been going on.

Many, many more millions will suffer because of missed diagnosis of illnesses, missed trratments for cancer, suicides, job losses etc.

Screenshot_20200716-075733_Twitter.jpg

crunchy frog

My take on it is if you are all on here arguing about it you're not outside spreading the cowie by not wearing masks in shops eh

Edited by crunchy frog

Genuine question here which I hope folk can answer..:

Why is it necessary to wear a mask on public transport and shops yet pubs/restaurants and gyms (once open) aren’t mandatory? Are the first two somehow bigger vectors?

Accept what? It sounds like you’re saying lockdown was the wrong thing to do. 

We had no choice because the health service was overwhelmed and more would’ve died on trollies in the corridors or in the back of ambulances queuing outside!

It isn’t just the deaths from CV19 but the disruption to hospital services because the thing is so contagious. Even if it is weakening now it doesn’t change how ****ed things were earlier this year. 

davemclaren
40 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Genuine question here which I hope folk can answer..:

Why is it necessary to wear a mask on public transport and shops yet pubs/restaurants and gyms (once open) aren’t mandatory? Are the first two somehow bigger vectors?

I would think it’s more down to the practicalities of continually moving it to have a drink and to breathe whilst carrying out vigorous exercise. 

1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

162 asymptomatic cases and deaths of people who have been ill for along time? Dont think these deaths will have happened overnight as much as you would like them to have. 

I do love overnight deaths. My favourite kind.

Walter Bishop
12 minutes ago, kila said:

Accept what? It sounds like you’re saying lockdown was the wrong thing to do. 

We had no choice because the health service was overwhelmed and more would’ve died on trollies in the corridors or in the back of ambulances queuing outside!

It isn’t just the deaths from CV19 but the disruption to hospital services because the thing is so contagious. Even if it is weakening now it doesn’t change how ****ed things were earlier this year. 

I think if you look at Sweden you will see lockdown was wrong. Shielding of the elderly and those at risk should have been where the lockdown ended. Rest of us should have been allowed to get on with life. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic