Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

The UK has been one of the least restricted parts of Europe for months. Now folk are asked to work from home and the government are terrorists. :lol:

Terrorist

a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

The UK government has been using the media to spread fear for the last 20years now. 

34 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Terrorist

a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

The UK government has been using the media to spread fear for the last 2years now. 

21 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Some 24 hours for Herbert and James.

What a state 😂

If you found out that your Mrs had been constantly lying for years would you still trust her or would you question everything she says?

The Mighty Thor
22 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Some 24 hours for Herbert and James.

What a state 😂

Wait til the announcement later today. There'll be tears and snotters everywhere 😂

The Mighty Thor
Just now, Herbert said:

If you found out that your Mrs had been constantly lying for years would you still trust her or would you question everything she says?

I'd leave the terrorist. 

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'd leave the terrorist. 

We can't leave the terrorist. Also a terrorist doesn't have to blow themselves up or do anything physical. A terrorist is someone who causes fear. We have people scared to leave there homes, folk driving about on there own with face masks and medical gloves. People that run businesses are scared there might be restrictions that effect them and they lose everything.

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

We can't leave the terrorist. Also a terrorist doesn't have to blow themselves up or do anything physical. A terrorist is someone who causes fear. We have people scared to leave there homes, folk driving about on there own with face masks and medical gloves. People that run businesses are scared there might be restrictions that effect them and they lose everything.

No I'd definitely leave the terrorist. 

6 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

The edict from the SG who passed it on to the health board to announce to try and cancel Christmas parties is jump on the bandwagon pure politicking  by Jimmy Krankie to make the Tories look bad 

Sheer cowardice 

It’s disgraceful to the hospitality industry telling people to cancel bookings before any financial packages have been announced. They were probably relying on a good festive period to make up for the money they have lost over the pandemic 

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

They lie everyday but never when it comes to covid and are keeping you safe from a dose of the sniffles.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Wait til the announcement later today. There'll be tears and snotters everywhere 😂

What’s happening today? 

8 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

IMO there is a ground swell of hostility to this government (UK) and Johnson will be gone shortly along with most of his supporters. He can’t survive the many lies he’s told over the his tenure. Just wait till the 1st January when there are more border checks. He’s a dead man walking and he need to be on permanent maternity leave. 

Would not bet on that. Just look at how long Blair stayed in power

Dagger Is Back
8 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

They can ram any new restrictions 

Exactly 

She can ram it she is a ^^^^ a faux diet lite Govt half wit

They can ram it 

Sadly that the problem . The morons will continue to obey. Half wits 

They really should be strung up 

Am I reading this correctly? You’re a moron and a half wit if you follow restriction orders?

Who should be strung up exactly?

Edited by Dagger Is Back

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You think it's funny that Sturgeon is maybe going to restrict more freedoms today?

Possibly even limiting attendance at the football.

Incredible 

The virus appears to be muting to the sniffles and we need new restrictions ? 

Makes sense I suppose if you are in the nothing to see here move on crowd that are doing themselves proud recently.  😂

8 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I ain’t no role model . Never claimed to be That’s the road to hell 

You don’t have to be a role model to not be a hypocrite 👍🏻

6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

The virus appears to be muting to the sniffles and we need new restrictions ? 

Makes sense I suppose if you are in the nothing to see here move on crowd that are doing themselves proud recently.  😂

It does serm that way for the most part.  It might well be a milder thing.  But there's two things.  First is the scale of what's being forecast.  Sniffles for the vast majority but maybe hospital for a really small minority.  The concern is that the tiny percentage of a really large number still equals a lot of hospital cases.  

The second thing they're looking at is the sheer scale of isolations and absence from work.  Healthcare,  key services and the whole spiders web of supply chains being badly affected.  

Those are the two driving forces behind current concerns.  Real or overly cautious?  Not known.

58 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Am I reading this correctly? You’re a moron and a half wit if you follow restriction orders?

Who should be strung up exactly?

U turn imminent! 

They don't know, is the simple answer !

Rather than see how this new variant might affect the more vulnerable, they've made a decision to pass the decision making to the people. 

More or less, don't but we not telling you you can't !

15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It does serm that way for the most part.  It might well be a milder thing.  But there's two things.  First is the scale of what's being forecast.  Sniffles for the vast majority but maybe hospital for a really small minority.  The concern is that the tiny percentage of a really large number still equals a lot of hospital cases.  

The second thing they're looking at is the sheer scale of isolations and absence from work.  Healthcare,  key services and the whole spiders web of supply chains being badly affected.  

Those are the two driving forces behind current concerns.  Real or overly cautious?  Not known.

The virus seems to be doing exactly what we need it to. Mutate and weaken. Yes I know it’s early but is there a single piece of news or data saying otherwise ? 

Nucky Thompson
8 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

The edict from the SG who passed it on to the health board to announce to try and cancel Christmas parties is jump on the bandwagon pure politicking  by Jimmy Krankie to make the Tories look bad 

Sheer cowardice 

The Welsh correspondent on BBC Breakfast this morning said that there was a meeting called between the devolved nations regarding a lockdown between Christmas and New Year. He said that the Welsh knocked it back because they didn't want to put more restrictions on their people.

You know whose grubby mitts are all over this?

Wants the Welsh and Irish to back her up so she doesn't look so bad.

Sleekit wee boot

6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

The virus seems to be doing exactly what we need it to. Mutate and weaken. Yes I know it’s early but is there a single piece of news or data saying otherwise ? 

Some.  South Africa got a big spike in hospital presentation but it's not directly comparable to the UK demographic and vaccine protection.  They just don't know enough yet but the science is telling them that the scale will be very big indeed.  The alternative is to scrap isolation for positive cases but that's an enormous leap of faith.

Edited by Victorian

Dennis Reynolds

BREAKING NEWS from an "Entertainment and Club" guru in twitter and the folk who moan about the MSM lieing to everyone have lapped it up.

:cornette:

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Some.  South Africa got a big spike in hospital presentation but it's not directly comparable to the UK demographic and vaccine protection.  They just don't know enough yet but the science is telling them that the scale will be very big indeed.  The alternative is to scrap isolation for positive cases but that's an enormous leap of faith.

Yip. SA's demographic cannot be used here when talking hospitalisations etc.

Some areas are barely 20% uptake of vaccine.

Incomparable with here.

Regardless of what is announced later, public compliance just won’t be there like it has in the past and understandably so. A combination of pandemic fatigue, the govt in WM treating the public like idiots and the initial feeling that Omicron is less likely to cause severe illness. 

Should the serious illness impact of Omicron change then  it’s going to be difficult to encourage compliance.

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The Welsh correspondent on BBC Breakfast this morning said that there was a meeting called between the devolved nations regarding a lockdown between Christmas and New Year. He said that the Welsh knocked it back because they didn't want to put more restrictions on their people.

Sleekit wee boot

👍 Yeo desperate to cause misery to people yet again . Shut down businesses who are just scraping by There will Be no “ tears or snotters” from me after any announcement today . I just genuinely feel

for those who will Be impacted by possible new measures. Her fan club in here will as usual be applauding any possible restrictions as they have always done without question .
.  The compliance to any restrictions will be low . No one I know has changed any of their Xmas nights . Although as I noted last night there certainly seems be a percentage of people who have bought into the fear and uncertainty and cancelled works nights out etc which are affecting hospitality quite significantly. 

13 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Sleekit wee boot

I give in. 

Who? 

😁

7 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Regardless of what is announced later, public compliance just won’t be there like it has in the past and understandably so. A combination of pandemic fatigue, the govt in WM treating the public like idiots and the initial feeling that Omicron is less likely to cause severe illness. 

Should the serious illness impact of Omicron change then  it’s going to be difficult to encourage compliance.

👍

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

:facepalm:

James ffs.  You've been cut a lot of slack recently too.  Pity.

He starts to show a wee bit of sanity and common sense but then along comes another conspiracy nut and he just jumps back in with both feet 

Just now, XB52 said:

He starts to show a wee bit of sanity and common sense but then along comes another conspiracy nut and he just jumps back in with both feet 

Whereas your consistently negative , bland , dull and boring. When your name popped up There as a notification I just said “ oh ffs what’s he going to say now “ predicted it would be similar to what you did say 

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, theshed said:

What’s happening today? 

Well in the spirit of this thread..... There's rumoured to be a SG announcement later today of what I've no idea. 

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You think it's funny that Sturgeon is maybe going to restrict more freedoms today?

Possibly even limiting attendance at the football.

Incredible 

It'll be what it'll be. There's feck all you or I can do about it other than crack on with it👍

Ainsley Harriott

Any idea how many people are in hospital or died of the new strain? I suspect this is merley an excuse for the wee desperate despot to throw her weight around and grab some screen time. 

Getting abit nervous with the noises being made at the moment from government that our trips to the football might get kiboshed for a while… at least at full capacity … guess we’ll see soon enough! 

9 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Any idea how many people are in hospital or died of the new strain? I suspect this is merley an excuse for the wee desperate despot to throw her weight around and grab some screen time. 

Yep ! She’s a psychopath . The answer to your question is a big fat zero 0 ( who have died of it ) if they had it would have been all over the media . 

3 minutes ago, comradejambo said:

Getting abit nervous with the noises being made at the moment from government that our trips to the football might get kiboshed for a while… at least at full capacity … guess we’ll see soon enough! 

Best to wait to see what she has in store . I can only predict it won’t be much good news . It’s Pavlov dog time with me every time I hear she is making an “ emergency “ announcement so I’ll Buck the usual

behaviours before it and moan like **** after it 😂 if applicable

5 minutes ago, comradejambo said:

There is no reason to further restric  capacity just now, next step would probably be passports required at lower capacity grounds as mentioned before. Who knows though 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Best to wait to see what she has in store . I can only predict it won’t be much good news . It’s Pavlov dog time with me every time I hear she is making an “ emergency “ announcement so I’ll Buck the usual

behaviours before it and moan like **** after it 😂 if applicable

moan after it, ha ha, 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, kila said:

:laugh:

Just never stops this thread.

More tears and snotters are imminent from the “Pant Wetters.”

17 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Any idea how many people are in hospital or died of the new strain? 

We've only recently started tracking cases of the new strain and numbers are thankfully still low at this stage and have been mostly young people.

With previous strains, hospitalisations have risen 2 weeks later after a spike in cases, with deaths a further couple of weeks after that.

15 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

We've only recently started tracking cases of the new strain and numbers are thankfully still low at this stage and have been mostly young people.

With previous strains, hospitalisations have risen 2 weeks later after a spike in cases, with deaths a further couple of weeks after that.

It’s two weeks plus now since it was discovered in U.K. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic