Coronavirus pandemic

CJGJ

JamesM48

So does anyone know where you find out which vaccine you will be receiving before you go to test centre? . I have my appointment next week at EICC  and would like to know ? 

• Replies 79.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamesM48

• redjambo

• Victorian

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lemongrab

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I can't be arsed looking back and I can't think of seeing anything anywhere else.  Would taking a course of low dose aspirin around the time of having the vaccine lessen the chance of getting a blood clot? GPs advocate it for patients who may be prone to a stroke, so why not for this?  Am I missing something obvious?

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

So does anyone know where you find out which vaccine you will be receiving before you go to test centre? . I have my appointment next week at EICC  and would like to know ? 

My one was at the EICC and it was A/Z.

Just waiting to hear about my second jag.

JamesM48
2 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I can't be arsed looking back and I can't think of seeing anything anywhere else.  Would taking a course of low dose aspirin around the time of having the vaccine lessen the chance of getting a blood clot? GPs advocate it for patients who may be prone to a stroke, so why not for this?  Am I missing something obvious?

As far as i am aware there are no medically trained people on this topic ( hard to believe ) so I’d advise you to call your GP about it initially . 

JamesM48
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

My one was at the EICC and it was A/Z.

Just waiting to hear about my second jag.

Ah ok ! Didn’t want to hear that lol but thanks anyway for that information 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, JamesM48 said:

My first one was over 9 weeks ago.

JamesM48
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

My first one was over 9 weeks ago.

👍 and your still here so that’s positive 😂👍

TheOak88
11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I don’t think you find out which vaccine you are getting beforehand. You just find out when you turn up, although as others have said it seems EICC is very much AZ. 

JamesM48
Just now, TheOak88 said:

I don’t think you find out which vaccine you are getting beforehand. You just find out when you turn up, although as others have said it seems EICC is very much AZ. 

Cheers 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Why not ? You’re not heading down the dramatic route are you ? Like nearly all medicines it is safe with risk of side effects. Ignore the headlines and look at the numbers. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

👍 and your still here so that’s positive 😂👍

:lol:

42 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I understand that but if that’s the reason given for not getting the vaccine then people aren’t thinking things through. There will always be exceptions but surely to **** the masses get that by now. 

What's the thinking it through though?

Being vaccinated doesn't stop you getting the virus, so it can still mutate, yes maybe slightly less so but I've yet to see that being proven. So what is the benefit to young people of getting vaccinated?

And don't say because they need a vaccine certificate, that's not the reason for them being vaccinated, that's a tool to make it happen.

JamesM48
8 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Why not ? You’re not heading down the dramatic route are you ? Like nearly all medicines it is safe with risk of side effects. Ignore the headlines and look at the numbers. 

If you had “ tuned “ in yesterday to this you would have noted I was more concerned about never ending boosters than the original one or two jabs . Not comfortable with that . Yes I acknowledge that the blood clots / side effects risks is minimal like any medication one takes . 

27 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Was wondering if someone more clued up on the vaccine could answer this question for me, as there may be an obvious answer that I have missed in the news etc. 

My understanding is that people who have been vaccinated can still catch CV, however the vaccine essentially stops them from getting ill from it. If vaccinated people can still catch CV and become a host for the virus, why can’t it mutate within a vaccinated person?

Quoted yourself Gards as you mentioned the topic in your above post, but really just an open question to anyone.

It's the trusty maybe, hopefully, potentially it might perhaps help reduce that risk as far as I know

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

What's the thinking it through though?

Being vaccinated doesn't stop you getting the virus, so it can still mutate, yes maybe slightly less so but I've yet to see that being proven. So what is the benefit to young people of getting vaccinated?

And don't say because they need a vaccine certificate, that's not the reason for them being vaccinated, that's a tool to make it happen.

More people vaccinated equals less transmission and less opportunity to mutate. Surely that benefits everyone ? On that basis those in the really low risk groups should also get vaccinated for the greater good rather than looking at it for their own health. Nothing more or less than that. 

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

If you had “ tuned “ in yesterday to this you would have noted I was more concerned about never ending boosters than the original one or two jabs . Not comfortable with that . Yes I acknowledge that the blood clots / side effects risks is minimal like any medication one takes . 

Why are boosters an issue ? 

Edited by Dazo
Lord BJ

COVID vaccine programme is going to be more akin to the flu vaccination programme, unless something changes. 

That means we will need to live with it in a similar way. One of the reasons the flu vaccine changes each year is it mutates that quickly. Therefore they predict what will be the dominant strain and go for the vaccine. 

COVID is very similar and scientists are altering the vaccines to be better suited against variants. Witty has talked a lot about banks of vaccines. 

Mutations and variations are going to occur, this vaccine isn’t about herd immunity. It’s about protecting the most vulnerable and the NHS. 

The govts have framed that COVID was of similar danger, young or old. That was never the case, the top 9 groups are anticipate reducing death by 99% or something mental. 

If ‘younger’ people are being asked to take it for other public benefits, that needs to be explained. To date the message has been you need to take it or you’ll die and ohh it’s safe, albeit a bit more dangerous than the virus in certain groups in relation to AZ

43 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Heading down?😂

33 minutes ago, Dazo said:

More people vaccinated equals less transmission and less opportunity to mutate. Surely that benefits everyone ? On that basis those in the really low risk groups should also get vaccinated for the greater good rather than looking at it for their own health. Nothing more or less than that. 

Where is there proof that it equals less transmission and less opportunity to mutate? They think it does, and hope it does and small data studies suggests it does but as far as I know they still haven't proven that on any decent scale. 

As I said earlier though, that would reason enough as is (for me personally anyway), but we're still pushing that it's somehow better for the individual in the young and fit demographic from a health perspective...when it isn't really. It's still about asking some people to do something to hopefully benefit others, which is fine and good, but why can't they just be up front about it rather than the charade of it being for our own personal health? They've played on it being a threat to all despite the data saying it's not, now they're having to conceded that actually the miniscule risk of blood clots for under 30s is a similar risk of serious issues from Covid which blows a hole in their narrative of the last year.

It is, and always has been a need for the young to play their part in helping those not as fortunate but rather than be transparent on that and, heavens forbid, a bit grateful to youths giving up a year of their lives they've tried to scare them all, demonise them and cojole them into getting on board.

Just say 'othere less fortunate really need your help and compliance right now, and we're extremely grateful for doing so'. 

It's not just the government though, people and the press calling people covidiots and chastising students etc when actually you need their buy in is just a spectaular own goal and risks them rebelling against it. Let's not forget that the Tories are notoriously all about self interest, protectionism and capitalism...the only demographics where the majority vote for them are the over 60s, so maybe they're now seeing the society they've voted for over the years. If any age group is all about me, me, me...the voting habits suggest it's not the youth.

Edited by Taffin
JamesM48
24 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Where is there proof that it equals less transmission and less opportunity to mutate? They think it does, and hope it does and small data studies suggests it does but as far as I know they still haven't proven that on any decent scale. 

As I said earlier though, that would reason enough as is (for me personally anyway), but we're still pushing that it's somehow better for the individual in the young and fit demographic from a health perspective...when it isn't really. It's still about asking some people to do something to hopefully benefit others, which is fine and good, but why can't they just be up front about it rather than the charade of it being for our own personal health? They've played on it being a threat to all despite the data saying it's not, now they're having to conceded that actually the miniscule risk of blood clots for under 30s is a similar risk of serious issues from Covid which blows a hole in their narrative of the last year.

It is, and always has been a need for the young to play their part in helping those not as fortunate but rather than be transparent on that and, heavens forbid, a bit grateful to youths giving up a year of their lives they've tried to scare them all, demonise them and cojole them into getting on board.

Just say 'othere less fortunate really need your help and compliance right now, and we're extremely grateful for doing so'. 

It's not just the government though, people and the press calling people covidiots and chastising students etc when actually you need their buy in is just a spectaular own goal and risks them rebelling against it. Let's not forget that the Tories are notoriously all about self interest, protectionism and capitalism...the only demographics where the majority vote for them are the over 60s, so maybe they're now seeing the society they've voted for over the years. If any age group is all about me, me, me...the voting habits suggest it's not the youth.

Great post ? 

JamesM48
33 minutes ago, mutley said:

Heading down?😂

Sorry I’m not getting the “ joke “ care to expand ? 

Edited by JamesM48
Victorian
1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

Was wondering if someone more clued up on the vaccine could answer this question for me, as there may be an obvious answer that I have missed in the news etc. 

My understanding is that people who have been vaccinated can still catch CV, however the vaccine essentially stops them from getting ill from it. If vaccinated people can still catch CV and become a host for the virus, why can’t it mutate within a vaccinated person?

Quoted yourself Gards as you mentioned the topic in your above post, but really just an open question to anyone.

Because they'll be less infectious and for a shorter time.

Lord BJ
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

He suggesting people have taken it down a ludirocous route as opposed to heading that way. 

41 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Where is there proof that it equals less transmission and less opportunity to mutate? They think it does, and hope it does and data suggests it does but as far as I know they still haven't proven that on any decent scale. 

I’m not going to get bogged down looking for the stats and proof and I’m guilty of going from memory. if I’m wrong I’ll hold my hands up but everything I have read from the trials and limited data from the roll out suggests transmission is reduced when vaccinated. I can’t recall reading anything to claim otherwise. 

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

One of my daughters just got her first dose at the EICC as recently as Saturday and it was the AZ vaccine.

JamesM48
10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

One of my daughters just got her first dose at the EICC as recently as Saturday and it was the AZ vaccine.

Thanks for that info. 

JamesM48
38 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

He suggesting people have taken it down a ludirocous route as opposed to heading that way. 

f777841e4d3b6cdb8b7134f14363f890.jpg

53 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I was implying that you had already headed down the dramatic route a long time ago. (Bleaching shopping then a complete 180 to “just open everything up” etc)

Imagine an untested vaccine so safe you have to be threatened to take it for a disease so deadly you have to be tested to know you have it. 

JamesM48
1 minute ago, mutley said:

I was implying that you had already headed down the dramatic route a long time ago. (Bleaching shopping then a complete 180 to “just open everything up” etc)

Maybe i was being " cautious" then  like your great leader likes to often say at her daily briefings...and we have already been through my " complete 180 "  palaver before .  People are allowed to change their views and beliefs ! Its natural to evolve. We are not trees. However some become so entrenched in their views they become more and more angry and hostile to opposing views which do not  fit their narrative. So they then discredit . mock or ridicule other views and sometimes personalize their attacks too.

JamesM48
11 minutes ago, Chong said:

Imagine an untested vaccine so safe you have to be threatened to take it for a disease so deadly you have to be tested to know you have it. 

👍

39 minutes ago, Chong said:

Untested = False

Threatened = False

Have to be tested = How do you think you know if you have any disease?

I know you're probably looking for bites but pretty poor show.

theshed
3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Im getting mines in a hours time but at Musselburgh so will ask when I’m there if someone can find out in advance what one they are getting 

Guy will probably say “no got a clue pal” 

JamesM48
8 minutes ago, theshed said:

Im getting mines in a hours time but at Musselburgh so will ask when I’m there if someone can find out in advance what one they are getting 

Guy will probably say “no got a clue pal” 

LOL probably ! You would think they would actually tell you ? They are pumping into a human body.

JamesM48
23 minutes ago, Gards said:

Untested = False

Threatened = False

Have to be tested = How do you think you know if you have any disease?

I know you're probably looking for bites but pretty poor show.

AS for testing for it you are wrong. Hes right. Its a bizarre disease which you may have to be tested for to be told you have it as you may have zero symptoms. A high percentage of " infections" not cases have been like this obviously. 

Its still unsure what the long term side effects may be of the vaccine as its only been in use for 5 months or so.  

Edited by JamesM48

Wow, just wow. I thought the flat earthers had departed this thread but no. How do these people exist in society?? 

Ray Gin
3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

You'll be fine with the AZ vaccine. The chance of getting a blood clot compared to the chance of getting a nasty case of covid is miniscule. You don't seem too worried about the latter so get the AZ in ya.

Ray Gin
1 hour ago, Chong said:

What untested vaccine?

15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

AS for testing for it you are wrong. Hes right. Its a bizarre disease which you may have to be tested for to be told you have it as you may have zero symptoms. A high percentage of " infections" not cases have been like this obviously. 

Its still unsure what the long term side effects may be of the vaccine as its only been in use for 5 months or so.  

You have to get tested/checked for lots of things you won't have symptoms for.  There are no obvious symptoms for high blood pressure and only by having it checked can you determine if you have hypertension or not - and it's also deadly.

Same goes for lots of other things.

Ray Gin

How many people instantly knew they had AIDS before being tested?

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, Gards said:

You have to get tested/checked for lots of things you won't have symptoms for.  There are no obvious symptoms for high blood pressure and only by having it checked can you determine if you have hypertension or not - and it's also deadly.

Same goes for lots of other things.

Add cholesterol to that list as well, often the only way you know you have high cholesterol is after you've had a heart attack or stroke.

redjambo
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

What untested vaccine?

It's just a meme that's doing the rounds at the moment and being lapped up by the anti-vaxxers (a subsection of the "We should just open everything up now, we don't want to make any sacrifices to save other people's lives, it's all a government conspiracy to oppress us all!" crowd), and that Chong cut and pasted. I wouldn't read anything into it, it's not meant to be anything other than a rallying cry to that crowd who are now quickly running out of things to get angry and anxious about.

Victorian

Imagine being such a total **** up that you need to lie about the vaccine being untested.  Imagine being that guy.  

JamesM48
10 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

You'll be fine with the AZ vaccine. The chance of getting a blood clot compared to the chance of getting a nasty case of covid is miniscule. You don't seem too worried about the latter so get the AZ in ya.

Yeah ill get it . Just having a moan...Not like me :) the risk is minimal re clots etc. 

Ray Gin
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It's just a meme that's doing the rounds at the moment and being lapped up by the anti-vaxxers (a subsection of the "We should just open everything up now, we don't want to make any sacrifices to save other people's lives, it's all a government conspiracy to oppress us all!" crowd), and that Chong cut and pasted. I wouldn't read anything into it, it's not meant to be anything other than a rallying cry to that crowd who are now quickly running out of things to get angry and anxious about.

"Open everything up!"

> Vaccines are developed giving us a way to safely open everything back up.

"Don't take the vaccines!"

FFS.

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Wow, just wow. I thought the flat earthers had departed this thread but no. How do these people exist in society?? 

:laugh2: 

The usual ones are missing just now.

Ray Gin
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah ill get it . Just having a moan...Not like me :) the risk is minimal re clots etc. 

👍  You'll be grand. Couple of days feeling a bit ropey at worst. Small price to pay for us all getting back to normality.

JamesM48
7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

How many people instantly knew they had AIDS before being tested?

You usually get tested for HIV not AIDS. 

redjambo
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I'm just pleased that you've finally been able to cut through that bureaucracy to get your jab! Well done on your persistence.