Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

In case it slipped your notice, most of the UK has actually been in lockdown for more time than Edinburgh.

Tier 3/lockdown no difference to most.

Just now, Dazo said:

Conditions say we should be tier 2 minimum. But here we are heading for tier 3. 

Agreed - it was the same last year when the SG decided to keep us in Tier 3 before the Kent variant was supposedly known.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
32 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Hence why Donald McLeod said, and I quote, 'It's obvious who drafted guidance doesn't have a scintilla of business sense'. I wondered who in the SG he was talking about but it could be anyone of them such is their stratospheric levels of ineptitude.

Wee free Kate. 😖

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Tier 3 says we shouldn't be meeting in groups of 6 from 6, but we can. Things are moving quicker than expected.

But you can meet 6 people in tier 2. So you basically agree the tiers and conditions she set don’t mean shit. 

Mars plastic
Just now, Dazo said:

But you can meet 6 people in tier 2. So you basically agree the tiers and conditions she set don’t mean shit. 

Does anyone actually still adhere to this 6 people & households nonsense thing? 

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Tier 3/lockdown no difference to most.

Agreed - it was the same last year when the SG decided to keep us in Tier 3 before the Kent variant was supposedly known.

Edinburgh won’t move down to tier 2 until Glasgow is ready to move down also. Which she is hoping they have sorted themselves out by may 17th. We are now all in this together and will move down together because the shithole she represents  is more important than rewarding the capital city for largely doing what we were asked. 

Mars plastic
5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Wee free Kate. 😖

Wee Kate the history student? Reminds me of Veruca Salt. 

2 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

I’m not sure anyone with half a brain listens to her lies any more. 

heartstastic
3 hours ago, Gizmo said:

You didn't read what I wrote did you? I said this was NOT a conspiracy since its in plain sight and vaccine records have long been used to permit certain travel.  

Still if another copy pasta makes you feel good about being stuck down a rabbit hole, then good for you.   

Yeah it's all in plain sight if your care to look Gizmo. This isn't about vaccine records for certain travel...this is going to be for all travel and many other things too. For a virus the health organisations still admit around they world they have no isolated samples off anywhere.

Not sure how any rational person can state after over a year of 'measures' designed to beat the virus including hastily produced mass vaccination programmes ,that were any further forward than we were this time last year.

What we do have now is more control of the population via destroying small businesses and entire industries being decimated (All big businesses were generally allowed to get on with it)who will now be reliant in some way on the government...with no real scientific methods being employed and many many contradictory messages and data being put out over the last year ...but the general public are being blindly told to 'follow the science'....by proven liars and people who have huge financial gains to be made by telling you whatever there paid to tell you....he who pays the piper, plays the tune.

People have short memorys it would seem.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/5C627Ln1d6BU/

https://www.bitchute.com/video/D7lClMKN7CQf/

In the age of information ignorance is a choice....and if people continue to listen to the shite the msm put out were heading down a dark path imo.

15 minutes ago, Dazo said:

It means they are open to manoeuvre based on the conditions. The opposite of unconditional. 

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

4000 at the brits but we can’t have a pint with our dinner. 😂

5000 going to Liverpool Blossoms, undercover and no social distancing, and we can’t go for a pint

48 minutes ago, Barack said:

Wales is open, pretty much, boy's.

'Mon doon. The pints are lovely!:jjyay:

Is it?

Was down earlier in the week but thought hospitality was still closed. Good news as I'm back next week.

Guessing gyms are back too then?

Just now, Barack said:

Takeaway pints. Certain places down Cardiff Bay & especially down The Gower in Swansea were doing a roaring trade the other week when I was there.

Monday all outdoors hospitality opens up. Gyms are opening on the 3rd of May. Brought forward by a week.

:pleasingao:

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Can you have 12000 at live events in June indoors or outdoors?

Yes for the Euros which are outdoor. No idea why people keep mentioning indoors and the Euros in the same sentence 

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

That is exactly the attitude the Nationalists have with trashing the hospitality and live entertainment businesses.

Just as well they won't have control of the economy beyond Covid.  Imagine the unemployment levels if the WM government wasn't propping them up.

And there we have it, just another Scotland hater. Absolutely pathetic 

7 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Yes for the Euros which are outdoor. No idea why people keep mentioning indoors and the Euros in the same sentence 

Football stadia are not completely indoors with many narrow areas where social distancing is problematic.

4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

No, an SNP hater.  One hell of a difference, but its always a Scotland hater line/ British Nationalist the nats come out with whenever someone criticises their policies.  Thanks for reinforcing that tired cliche.

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Still by appointment letter and they have barely started yet 

Cheers, asking for the wife as I've had my first. 

Nucky Thompson
18 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Why can't you separate Scotland from the SNP? 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Wales is open, pretty much, boy's.

'Mon doon. The pints are lovely!:jjyay:

Booooooo!

Enjoy. 🍺

Shanks said no
5 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Are they still sending out letters inviting you for a jab for the over 40s or do you have to call and arrange one yourself? 

If you register as an unpaid carer, takes 5 minutes and no questions/proof asked for, then you get an appointment within a week. Know quite a few under 30’s who have done this. Queue jumpers but at least they will turn up. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

If you register as an unpaid carer, takes 5 minutes and no questions/proof asked for, then you get an appointment within a week. Know quite a few under 30’s who have done this. Queue jumpers but at least they will turn up. 

She's keen to get her jab but not so keen to cheat. 

scott herbertson

Got my second jab (pfizer) today. First one on Feb 14. All my neighbours done on same day and all had their second jab a week or two ago. So I phoned up my surgery to see whether I was due (we're driving up to Arisaig next week for a holiday). 1st one was done at Pitlochry Health Centre so I got numbers for Ninewells and another one - Got though on Ninewells. They couldn't find me on the system. 

They offered me an appointment in two hours time from my call so I went for it. Got there - not on the list. By this time I'm smelling my armpits and checking my flies...

The head honcho nurse took the situation in hand very efficiently and put me through the full registration process again. Turns out they entered me twice on the system when I got the first jab so I was probably showing as two jabs done, hence I had disappeared.

I may be the only one on the system with three jabs....

Anyhow, all well, feeling fine and beer o'clock arriving soon...

Edited by scott herbertson

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Anyhow, all well, feeling fine and beer o'clock arriving soon...

Excellent. :)

JudyJudyJudy

Yeah the pubs are gonna a bundle of laughs when they open up welcome to Scotlandia ! 

4D6ED686-D461-4F0D-A47E-70D80A1971EC.jpeg

E4D364E6-79B1-4687-9288-00CE339C5A81.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

400 indoors by the end of June is better than we could have dreamed of 5 months ago. 

You need to have more aspirational dreams I think 

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

That is exactly the attitude the Nationalists have with trashing the hospitality and live entertainment businesses.

Just as well they won't have control of the economy beyond Covid.  Imagine the unemployment levels if the WM government wasn't propping them up.

Well least covid has given us a glimpse of a independent Scotland I support judging by the handling of covid I think it’s a no from me in any future ref 

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

How many days you got left before out of quarantine. How’s it been?

I'm allowed to leave at one minute past midnight on Wednesday morning provided I test negative on Sunday, so will have a taxi waiting. 

It's not been too bad actually. 100% better than the two Angolan shitholes. I have a nice view of the Pentland Hills, and the Mrs and youngest boy were round waving at me from the grassy hill outside my window after dropping off a substantial carry-oot. Nae edibles though. :seething:

Enzo Chiefo
42 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Football stadia are not completely indoors with many narrow areas where social distancing is problematic.

No, an SNP hater.  One hell of a difference, but its always a Scotland hater line/ British Nationalist the nats come out with whenever someone criticises their policies.  Thanks for reinforcing that tired cliche.

It's the way they conflate "Scotland" with Nationalists or SNP supporters.  "Scotland" didn't vote for Brexit.  Eh? 1.3m Scots did and a third of the electorate couldnt even be bothered voting. Scotland is no different to England,  it's comprised of individuals with their own views, interests,  concerns. The SNP seem to think we are one block that is somehow downtrodden,  maltreated and in need of special treatment.  Most people don't give a feck about being Scottish except when there is a big game at Hampden or Murrayfield.  Families, mortgages, jobs and holidays trump worries about silly wee non-existent lines across the land.

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's the way they conflate "Scotland" with Nationalists or SNP supporters.  "Scotland" didn't vote for Brexit.  Eh? 1.3m Scots did and a third of the electorate couldnt even be bothered voting. Scotland is no different to England,  it's comprised of individuals with their own views, interests,  concerns. The SNP seem to think we are one block that is somehow downtrodden,  maltreated and in need of special treatment.  Most people don't give a feck about being Scottish except when there is a big game at Hampden or Murrayfield.  Families, mortgages, jobs and holidays trump worries about silly wee non-existent lines across the land.

:spoton:

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, LMc said:

Certain events, like the Euros, can be agreed to have higher capacities through the local authorities/Scottish government. Which is part of the roadmap.

If safe apparently 

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Conditions say we should be tier 2 minimum. But here we are heading for tier 3. 

Exactly 

1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

No people I know 

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

I’m not sure anyone with half a brain listens to her lies any more. 

Problem is people with a half a brain do 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Has it been mentioned by any leader in the UK, about what "learning to live with the virus" actually means, in terms of figures?

What's "acceptable" going forward in terms of what we should live with, in either hospital admissions, or deaths?

100 deaths a month? 1000? In England & Wales for the first time in a while, Covid-19 isn't the main contribution to deaths. Is that the "normal" level, where we are now? 

I just think a baseline guidance would be best served, as it justifies in a way any restrictions (hopefully mitigated due to vaccine levels) and the 3rd wave, that the boffins seem to think will come. Keeping it relatively hush-hush, I think would only foster more suspicion & annoyance amongst an already covid-weary population.

Maybe I'm bring too simplistic.

Whitty suggested we would need to live with a level of deaths but didn’t say a number so there is some acknowledgment this will be the Strstegy going forward 

manaliveits105
27 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

True dat

Enzo Chiefo

Figures from India suggesting that fears that the country's variant may evade the vaccine are unfounded.  Only between 2 - 4 vaccinated per 10,000 people were becoming infected. The survey analysed 100 million doses of the Oxford AZ vaccine.  More good news.

manaliveits105
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Figures from India suggesting that fears that the country's variant may evade the vaccine are unfounded.  Only between 2 - 4 vaccinated per 10,000 people were becoming infected. The survey analysed 100 million doses of the Oxford AZ vaccine.  More good news.

Only leaves the Follow the science card 

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Got a link for that?  That sounds like a very important and tremendous discovery.

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Got a link for that?  That sounds like a very important and tremendous discovery.

It was in the Times, Vic. I'll try to get a link

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It was in the Times, Vic. I'll try to get a link

Cheers.  It seems to open up the possibility that other concerning variants may tend to have low vaccine evasion.  If such a thing can be observed then that's a massive game changer.

Cheers.  It seems to open up the possibility that other concerning variants may tend to have low vaccine evasion.  If such a thing can be observed then that's a massive game changer.

Lets hope so.  I read somewhere else a so called expert warning it was only a matter of time before a variant arises that evades the vaccines.

Enzo Chiefo

Not sure how to post the link tbh, I think you need to subscribe for a free trial. If you search "vaccine better than expected + Times", you'll get part of the article. I'm reading the paper copy. 

Yes, certainly would be a game changer if observed for other strains too

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Lets hope so.  I read somewhere else a so called expert warning it was only a matter of time before a variant arises that evades the vaccines.

They have been saying that about all the variants . Best ignored 

I wouldn't necessarily blame the scientists for raising concerns from what they see in the genetics and in their laboratory assays.  But it could very well be that laboratory observations differ from real world cause and effect.  The science just has to keep studying the virus,  the data and to keep on discovering as much as possible.

Edited by Victorian

2 hours ago, heartstastic said:

Yeah it's all in plain sight if your care to look Gizmo. This isn't about vaccine records for certain travel...this is going to be for all travel and many other things too. For a virus the health organisations still admit around they world they have no isolated samples off anywhere.

Not sure how any rational person can state after over a year of 'measures' designed to beat the virus including hastily produced mass vaccination programmes ,that were any further forward than we were this time last year.

What we do have now is more control of the population via destroying small businesses and entire industries being decimated (All big businesses were generally allowed to get on with it)who will now be reliant in some way on the government...with no real scientific methods being employed and many many contradictory messages and data being put out over the last year ...but the general public are being blindly told to 'follow the science'....by proven liars and people who have huge financial gains to be made by telling you whatever there paid to tell you....he who pays the piper, plays the tune.

People have short memorys it would seem.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/5C627Ln1d6BU/

https://www.bitchute.com/video/D7lClMKN7CQf/

In the age of information ignorance is a choice....and if people continue to listen to the shite the msm put out were heading down a dark path imo.

Again, the point I made was this was NOT a conspiracy theory nor should any credit be afforded to those who peddle 100 pieces of crap and occasionally hit the target. 

That a government will use a crisis to gain more control is almost a given, historically, but - again, it doesn't need some gullible conspiracy theorist to spot this. Not even remotely. 

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Why can't you separate Scotland from the SNP? 

They were talking about Scotland losing the Euros so fans in England could see the games instead. Ask them to seperate their hatred for the SG from Scotland 

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

1.3m did not vote for Brexit. 1m voted leave, half at most were born in Scotland. 

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

So you tell us the SNP shouldn't tell us what to think by telling us how to think. Most folk in Scotland consider themselves Scottish. Only flutemooths, no voting Brexit loving Britnats proclaim otherwise. 

4 hours ago, Taffin said:

Even if they can there are much bigger stadia a few hours away that could have allowed 20k+ inside.

More fans missing out so Scotland can show off it's 'premier stadium' is poor

Really. So the English should get to host Scotland games? 

Here's an idea, watch England and leave Scotland to us Scots. 👍

25 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Really. So the English should get to host Scotland games? 

Here's an idea, watch England and leave Scotland to us Scots. 👍

It's the Euros...

Are you not concerned that your tickets will just be refunded if they're not one of the 12000? There will be about 5000 tickets for fans, the odds of being successful would be greatly improved in a bigger stadium. Personally I just want to watch and I'd rather have as big odds as possible of being there.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic