They've started yet another thread about our finances.

Coburg Hearts

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Coburg Hearts

• martoon

• sadj

• Bull's-eye

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, gjcc said:

We had a revenue target and to date we’re possibly looking like being around 400k short of it by the end of the season due to the current form. 

Edit: Just fact checked, it was at the FoH AGM Ann stated along these lines... Having recorded an operating profit of £1.6m for 2018/19, Hearts are currently £400,000 down on its revenue target for this financial year

:laugh2: bless 'em!

kingantti1874
48 minutes ago, gjcc said:

We had a revenue target and to date we’re possibly looking like being around 400k short of it by the end of the season due to the current form. 

Edit: Just fact checked, it was at the FoH AGM Ann stated along these lines... Having recorded an operating profit of £1.6m for 2018/19, Hearts are currently £400,000 down on its revenue target for this financial year

So probably just the £1.2m profit this year 😂

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

So probably just the £1.2m profit this year 😂

Wouldn’t surprise me if we did make an operating loss this financial year. But it’s not “lights oot.” Financially we are well within our means, just need to get the playing side on par. 

I wonder how much Ben. E. Factor. has decided to donate this year. 

2 hours ago, martoon said:

A bit harsh. I was only asking? 😊

Oh sorry mate not you. It was our little green neighbours across the city.

1 hour ago, gjcc said:

Yup, Ann said it at the main AGM too but that was then the rationale to reconsider going ahead with the floor 2 fit out of the main stand with the possibility of prioritising player expenditure. So if the income is down the spending would go down and the most likely target was further spending on the stand

scott herbertson
17 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Yup, Ann said it at the main AGM too but that was then the rationale to reconsider going ahead with the floor 2 fit out of the main stand with the possibility of prioritising player expenditure. So if the income is down the spending would go down and the most likely target was further spending on the stand

also prior to getting through in the cup, which I believe is traditionally not budgeted for. Another round would probably about cover it.

There's a difference between being 400k down on target and needing it to survive the season :lol:

Unless your target is to merely survive. Not whats in our now thriving clubs mindset. 

12 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

also prior to getting through in the cup, which I believe is traditionally not budgeted for. Another round would probably about cover it.

Good shout. May as well win it now 🙂

12 minutes ago, Homme said:

There's a difference between being 400k down on target and needing it to survive the season :lol:

Unless your target is to merely survive. Not whats in our now thriving clubs mindset. 

We should have a bake sale and bric-a-brac just for the bantz. :lol: 

Ronald Villiers

Bitter Hobo's!  For any tramps looking in from sisterfister.net..... we're the big team!  Check the stats if you don't believe me.  Even whilst in turmoil we've managed to turn you guys over.  Stop moaning about players that we're bringing to our club and making up crap about our finances.  You know nothing!  We are the big team.  Suck it up bitches. 

HHGH 

Coburg Hearts
10 hours ago, sadj said:

Read the latest comment from the club its hilarious its about supporters owning 1/3 of the clubs shares then they pumped in £770 in 4/5 years and supporters own 15%. Ron Con cleared the mortgage then took security of everything putting 1.25mil in their bank. He said hes willing to invest in the club to take them forward , but alongside the fans. So kinda saying get on my pony express. Anything i invest i expect back

The following is the statement from Hibs, sadj, that I think you're referring to. There is a belter of a thread debating it on hibs.net
.Hibernian FC today welcomed the news that Hibernian Supporters (previously HSL) is to explore ‘any and all avenues’ to see how they can continue to support the club.

This follows the decision of the Board that it is content with the balance of shareholding, and that no further share transfers would be approved other than hereditary ones.

Around a third of the club’s shareholding is now in the hands of supporters. 

The club is keen to point out that continuing financial support from Hibernian Supporters is an important contributor to the continued growth and success of the club, and that supporter funds will be used to enhance the resources available to Head Coach Jack Ross and the football program. Hibernian Supporters is now an established part of the Hibernian landscape and has raised and contributed more than £770,000 since it was established in 2015.

It now has 2400 members and owns more than 15 per cent of the shareholding in the club.

New majority shareholder Ronald Gordon purchased the shareholding of Hibernian Holdings from Sir Tom Farmer and former chairman Rod Petrie this summer and paid off the club’s £2.25 million mortgage as well as injecting £1.25 million into the club’s account.

Ron said: “I will continue to invest in taking the club forward, but I want to do this alongside supporters.

“I believe we all have a role to play in making our club the best that it can be, and supporters who have given generously do so because they want to contribute to their club.

“I thank them all, and hope that we can build still further on that.

“Everyone who supports Hibernian Supporters can rest assured that the money they provide in the future will be used to help our Head Coach improve our team.”

Here is one of the many disgruntled replies, of which there are many

I knew this was coming but there is just something a bit wrong with the timing of all of this. We are in the last week of a transfer window in a season where we've under performed again, we are all waiting to here the master plan for our club and we get delivered the news that if we keep giving money not to expect any ownership % in return. Community club wanting donations from community members stinks especially with a wealthy owner in charge. Is this the first stage in fan reps getting removed from board etc?

What does the "football program" actually mean? The youth development? If so, cancel that spending as we are terrible at it!

Club need to incentivise this now otherwise it literally is just donations for the club to spend willy-nilly, signing players like Vela while people are making personal sacrifices each month to give a little to the club.

Not saying it is happening but the current model would be a great con/money laundering method.

53 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:
 The following is the statement from Hibs, sadj, that I think you're referring to. There is a belter of a thread debating it on hibs.net
.Hibernian FC today welcomed the news that Hibernian Supporters (previously HSL) is to explore ‘any and all avenues’ to see how they can continue to support the club.

This follows the decision of the Board that it is content with the balance of shareholding, and that no further share transfers would be approved other than hereditary ones.

Around a third of the club’s shareholding is now in the hands of supporters. 

The club is keen to point out that continuing financial support from Hibernian Supporters is an important contributor to the continued growth and success of the club, and that supporter funds will be used to enhance the resources available to Head Coach Jack Ross and the football program. Hibernian Supporters is now an established part of the Hibernian landscape and has raised and contributed more than £770,000 since it was established in 2015.

It now has 2400 members and owns more than 15 per cent of the shareholding in the club.

New majority shareholder Ronald Gordon purchased the shareholding of Hibernian Holdings from Sir Tom Farmer and former chairman Rod Petrie this summer and paid off the club’s £2.25 million mortgage as well as injecting £1.25 million into the club’s account.

Ron said: “I will continue to invest in taking the club forward, but I want to do this alongside supporters.

“I believe we all have a role to play in making our club the best that it can be, and supporters who have given generously do so because they want to contribute to their club.

“I thank them all, and hope that we can build still further on that.

“Everyone who supports Hibernian Supporters can rest assured that the money they provide in the future will be used to help our Head Coach improve our team.”

Here is one of the many disgruntled replies, of which there are many

I knew this was coming but there is just something a bit wrong with the timing of all of this. We are in the last week of a transfer window in a season where we've under performed again, we are all waiting to here the master plan for our club and we get delivered the news that if we keep giving money not to expect any ownership % in return. Community club wanting donations from community members stinks especially with a wealthy owner in charge. Is this the first stage in fan reps getting removed from board etc?

What does the "football program" actually mean? The youth development? If so, cancel that spending as we are terrible at it!

Club need to incentivise this now otherwise it literally is just donations for the club to spend willy-nilly, signing players like Vela while people are making personal sacrifices each month to give a little to the club.

Not saying it is happening but the current model would be a great con/money laundering method.

🤔 Comment at the bottom is Interesting......

Tis indeed what I was referencing. Its a strange statement with the 1/3 owned then 15% owned seems aimed at trying to give them an overegged sense of achievement to keep putting money in. The stark reality is 15% and 770,000 a year in 4/5 years thats what 7months of FoH.

Edited by sadj

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤔 Interesting......

Here is another interesting one I just spotted. Honestly, there are dozens you could choose from. That's me done until after the game.

In Layman's terms:-
I've no idea if my money goes to helping things on the pitch or if it is just going in Ron's pocket. He hasn't earned any trust. There is no accountability.

Am i helping the team or helping the rich get richer.

The football side of the club wanted to loan Shaw. Some other faction of the club seen some £'s and were more interested in that than what the manager wanted.

Record season tickets, McGinn money, savings on debt payment, Ron's 7 figure investment, small squad. All we can afford is 6 month loans and deals provided we ship folk out. Where has the cash gone. When is the AGM?where are the accounts? where is the master plan? Where is Ron? Who is Ron?

If someone from outwith the club wanted to know the general mood of the Hibs support on all things club ownership it would probably be best summed up by... '?'

3 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

Oh sorry mate not you. It was our little green neighbours across the city.

😉

Bridge of Djoum
15 hours ago, martoon said:

If Ron does have dastardly intentions toward our dear neighbours, the shit hits the financial fan and so on, how would individual JKB'ers react? 

Glee?

Help with fundraising to help save them? 

Or somewhere in between?

Just curious about the prevailing mood toward Hibernian and their fans if they did suffer an extinction event. 

Demoted to the bottom tier, many, MANY long years of struggle to get back up the leagues. They finally make it back up to the Premier League where their 1st game of the season is home to champions, Heart of Midlothian. Hearts run out comfortable 8-0 winners with a 41 year old Craig Wighton bagging 6. Hibs manager Craig Levein states in his post match interview that He's looking to add more firepower and asks if anyone has Connor Sammon's number. 

I keep getting the same message that apparently we still haven't paid for the poppies.

They're hurting. They know recently it has just been a blip in service delivery in Edinburgh.

The bitter arseholes are absolutely furious that we won yesterday :lol:

Still banging on about finances and thinking we’re spending cash we don’t have.

Suck it up you bunch of ****** weirdos :verysmug:

Having carefully thought this through, the imaginary money we're splashing around is in direct contrast to the money wee ron isn't splashing around.  

Frustration levels are starting to peak.  A few bad results, and there could be a couple this week, will really see that frustration come to the boil.

Meanwhile the FoH subs just keep rolling in and the amount may increase significantly as we gain momentum.

ill Bill once said "only a ho worries about what's in a pimp's pocket". 🤔👌

Very apt when applied to this situation. Small club mentality and they'll always be our bitches.

Doctor FinnBarr
6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Having carefully thought this through, the imaginary money we're splashing around is in direct contrast to the money wee ron isn't splashing around.  

Frustration levels are starting to peak.  A few bad results, and there could be a couple this week, will really see that frustration come to the boil.

Meanwhile the FoH subs just keep rolling in and the amount may increase significantly as we gain momentum.

Your right Doug, a few defeats will tip them over the edge and they'll turn into a bunch of slavering arseholes....oh wait

Ricardo Shillyshally

Just wait until next season when we've really got our act together and they realise that Ron the Con is a ghost with no money to invest and Jack Dross will never have them any better than mediocre.

4 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Just wait until next season when we've really got our act together and they realise that Ron the Con is a ghost with no money to invest and Jack Dross will never have them any better than mediocre.

In the back of their mind they already know it. They'll be put back in their place before long.

7 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

I keep getting the same message that apparently we still haven't paid for the poppies.

Another point that exemplifies the gulf between our support and theirs. We wear our poppies with pride, they would rather take part in a Green parade followed by a drunken riot.