They've started yet another thread about our finances.

Coburg Hearts

If Ron does have dastardly intentions toward our dear neighbours, the shit hits the financial fan and so on, how would individual JKB'ers react? 

Glee?

Help with fundraising to help save them? 

Or somewhere in between?

Just curious about the prevailing mood toward Hibernian and their fans if they did suffer an extinction event. 

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Coburg Hearts

• martoon

• sadj

• Bull's-eye

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, martoon said:

If Ron does have dastardly intentions toward our dear neighbours, the shit hits the financial fan and so on, how would individual JKB'ers react? 

Glee?

Or somewhere in between?

Just curious about the prevailing mood toward Hibernian and their fans if they did suffer an extinction event. 

I’m not sad or interested enough to write letters like they did when we were in the shit, more just point and laugh for a bit then get on with supporting Hearts ☺️

5 minutes ago, martoon said:

Glee?

Or somewhere in between?

I'd be disappointed if they went total tits up.

The joy they've given me over the years is irreplaceable.

So many great memories. I'd chuck a pound in the bucket in all honesty.

14 minutes ago, martoon said:

Glee?

Or somewhere in between?

Before Admin for us i think it would of been split so many Jambos helped hands off Hearts. Now i think there would be very few would do anything or than stand back and watch Rome burn (for Rome insert - Hibs tramps)

16 minutes ago, martoon said:

Glee?

Or somewhere in between?

though without picking at your post wouldnt it be a second extinction event? 

15 minutes ago, martoon said:

Glee?

Or somewhere in between?

I think it would be time for FOH to divert funds and take them over, complete the work that Wallace Mercer started.  We could run them as a feeder club.  Rename the stands...The Wallace Mercer stand, John Robertson stand, Rudi Skacel stand and, of course, the Famous Five-One stand.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

NaismithBoyce Halkit etc would have cost a lot with virtually nobody being sold..”

:facepalm:

Naismith and Halkett were Bosmans and we’ve reportedly bought Boyce for the same amount we’ve reportedly sold Mulraney for. Even these basic matters aren’t grasped by those hoboeconomic experts. 

Our accounts which have been published and widely reported on in the media confirmed our income and expenditure including our benefactors, who seem to have put more money into us than their sugar daddy has put into them. 

That's quite the bit of business by our "Co-Stand In Sporting Directors"

Montgomery Brewster
14 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

So many great memories. I'd chuck a pound in the bucket in all honesty.

I wouldn’t give them the pickings from my beak 

FTH

Just now, Montgomery Brewster said:

I wouldn’t give them the pickings from my beak 

FTH

Agree in reality.

Was attempting to be sympatheticly modern. 

26 minutes ago, martoon said:

Glee?

Or somewhere in between?

I'd sit back and point and laugh.

I'd be quite happy to see them go same way as the huns, without getting back up to top league.

I'd give them **** all mind

Geoff Kilpatrick
47 minutes ago, martoon said:

Glee?

Or somewhere in between?

The vermin ceasing to exist would be exquisite.

48 minutes ago, martoon said:

Glee?

Or somewhere in between?

After what they tried to do to us I am surprised you even need to ask this. 

Any phm will want death to that irrelevant shitestain of a club. 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Read the latest comment from the club its hilarious its about supporters owning 1/3 of the clubs shares then they pumped in £770 in 4/5 years and supporters own 15%. Ron Con cleared the mortgage then took security of everything putting 1.25mil in their bank. He said hes willing to invest in the club to take them forward , but alongside the fans. So kinda saying get on my pony express. Anything i invest i expect back

it has taken a wee while to sink in, but I think the muppets are slowly beginning to realise what may be going on here. Good thing for us Jambos is they are hostages to fortune......Ron Gordon's fortune.

Not much they can do but hope and pray he is not a Charles Green type character.The next 5 days should give us an indication of his intentions, but it's not looking good for them.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, martoon said:

Glee?

Or somewhere in between?

I'd help them the same way rangers fans helped their club.

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I think it would be time for FOH to divert funds and take them over, complete the work that Wallace Mercer started.  We could run them as a feeder club.  Rename the stands...The Wallace Mercer stand, John Robertson stand, Rudi Skacel stand and, of course, the Famous Five-One stand.

That's better than what I first thought off. 

Coburg Hearts

Glee?

Or somewhere in between?

Wouldn't give them the reek of my sh**e.

Coburg Hearts
11 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Ron the con not spent a bean on them yet. 

Since his initial buy-out, not a penny according to hibs.net.

Glee?

Or somewhere in between?

Good riddance. 

47 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Totally agree Indy

Yes all rather comical. I remember when the Ron came in there were instant predictions of sweeping all before them and even challenging the OF for the title. Not quite the outcome though is it?

Currently challenging Livi for 5th/6th spot.

The OF generally spend in excess of £10 million in the Summer window. They can offer upwards of a million a year in wages.

It baffles me that they seriously thought this guy would just throw that kind of money in with zero chance of ever realising that kind of income to cover it.

Just like when their new owner cleared all their debt only to discover he'd moved it...... rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic.

Maybe the Hibs poster will write to the SFA. What an absolute rocket

6 hours ago, martoon said:

Glee?

Or somewhere in between?

I would honestly have been sympathetic towards them, hoped they found a way and maybe have helped a bit by chucking a fiver in a collection or something a few years ago. After all, they are the game most of us probably look out for at the fixture announcement and have friends/family/work colleagues etc we all have banter with about the derbies and I'd be disappointed not to have that.

That all changed during our darkest time when they acted the way they did. I would now simply sit back and watch them agonise for the final weeks/months before they eventually succumbed to the full length of Ron and keeled over. 

Bitter, maybe, but I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire now. 

:fth:

6 hours ago, Hot since 86 said:

I’m not sad or interested enough to write letters like they did when we were in the shit, more just point and laugh for a bit then get on with supporting Hearts ☺️

Pretty much what I did back in 1990.

The only email I'd send would be a congratulatory one to Poundland on the opening of their new Albion Road branch. 

Edited by martoon

6 hours ago, sadj said:

though without picking at your post wouldnt it be a second extinction event? 

At least. 

28 minutes ago, dazinho88 said:

I would honestly have been sympathetic towards them, hoped they found a way and maybe have helped a bit by chucking a fiver in a collection or something a few years ago. After all, they are the game most of us probably look out for at the fixture announcement and have friends/family/work colleagues etc we all have banter with about the derbies and I'd be disappointed not to have that.

That all changed during our darkest time when they acted the way they did. I would now simply sit back and watch them agonise for the final weeks/months before they eventually succumbed to the full length of Ron and keeled over. 

Bitter, maybe, but I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire now. 

:fth:

I'd miss the derby but I'd get over it. The Hibernian, playing in the new Meadowbank Stadium, would probable emerge anyway. 

6 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

So many great memories. I'd chuck a pound in the bucket in all honesty.

Might hit Neil Lennon on the padded jacket again. 😉

Coburg Hearts
16 minutes ago, martoon said:

Pretty much what I did back in 1990.

The only email I'd send would be a congratulatory one to Poundland on the opening of their new Albion Road branch. 

I heard Lothian Healthboard were opening up a clinic there...Healthy Hearts. ❤❤🇱🇻🇱🇻

6 hours ago, robbo1874 said:

I'd sit back and point and laugh.

I'd be quite happy to see them go same way as the huns, without getting back up to top league.

I'd give them **** all mind

6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The vermin ceasing to exist would be exquisite.

Either outcome would suit me. 

Just now, Coburg Hearts said:

I heard Lothian Healthboard were opening up a clinic there...Healthy Hearts. ❤❤🇱🇻🇱🇻

Can see it now. A big heart over the entrance and still beating. 

They've now got a thread on their own finances.  Would you put any more money into Hibs.  It's a poll with very few responses. Of those who have, 60% have said no.

Didn't we raise £800,000 in a weekend during that fateful St Mirren game after which HMRC were going to put us into liquidation?

Pretty sure we did.

6 hours ago, indianajones said:

I got the replies I expected. Lots of them. If I wasn't currently skiving at work I'd never have had the time to respond. 

😁

Coburg Hearts
1 minute ago, martoon said:

Can see it now. A big heart over the entrance and still beating. 

From no beating Hearts at Easter Road to healthy beating Hearts at Easter Road. ❤❤☺

3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Does Ron own 51% 😂😂

Close. I think it's about 15% that he doesn't own. 👍

Just now, Coburg Hearts said:

From no beating Hearts at Easter Road to healthy beating Hearts at Easter Road. ❤❤☺

👍

Coburg Hearts
6 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Does Ron own 51% 😂😂

The tramps are saying it should have been 10%.😂

6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'd help them the same way rangers fans helped their club.

I doubt Hibs fans themselves would do much more if the raging success of hsl is anything to go by.

Quick to lift an anti-Hearts emailing finger; not so much to fund their own club. 

I think I've replied to everyone. Apologies if not. 

All, in slightly different ways, were the correct response. 

FTH

So where's this whole needing 400k to get to the end of the season come from?

Obviously it's crap but I'm usually vaguely aware of their crap and what they've spun it from - this just seems completely random. And stupid.

15 minutes ago, martoon said:

I doubt Hibs fans themselves would do much more if the raging success of hsl is anything to go by.

Quick to lift an anti-Hearts emailing finger; not so much to fund their own club. 

When the chips are down and they get the choice of saving their club or a nice warm bubbly spoon of class A, there’s only one outcome. 

2 minutes ago, gjcc said:

When the chips are down and they get the choice of saving their club or a nice warm bubbly spoon of class A, there’s only one outcome. 

No contest, bud. 

Cook up before cough up. 

Every time. 

24 minutes ago, Smithee said:

So where's this whole needing 400k to get to the end of the season come from?

Obviously it's crap but I'm usually vaguely aware of their crap and what they've spun it from - this just seems completely random. And stupid.

We had a revenue target and to date we’re possibly looking like being around 400k short of it by the end of the season due to the current form. 

Edit: Just fact checked, it was at the FoH AGM Ann stated along these lines... Having recorded an operating profit of £1.6m for 2018/19, Hearts are currently £400,000 down on its revenue target for this financial year

Edited by gjcc