• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• CJGJ

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Salah coming on

and his first involvement is to pass the ball out of play as he thought he was passing to matip, who had just been subbed and took the short path off the pitch

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

2-2 f/t

PITCH INVASION!

They're all feckin farmers, probably gonna plough it up. 

rudi must stay
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Fairly strong Liverpool side overall.

That is some result. 

It is an amazing result.

Good team too 

Well done to Shrewsbury for their second half performance

Replay is not what Liverpool need but realistically only 5 or so first choice will play but Anfield and a full house in all probability is great for Shrewsbury

rudi must stay
Just now, CJGJ said:

Well done to Shrewsbury for their second half performance

Replay is not what Liverpool need but realistically only 5 or so first choice will play but Anfield and a full house in all probability is great for Shrewsbury

Klopp may be raging. This result could have an impact on Liverpool's season. They really were poor today, perhaps overtired. But Shrewsbury showed you can hurt them.  

Just now, rudi must stay said:

Klopp may be raging. This result could have an impact on Liverpool's season. They really were poor today, perhaps overtired. But Shrewsbury showed you can hurt them.  

He will be unhappy but he'll smile, congratulate Shrewsbury and then give them a rollicking behind closed doors

Also shows that depth of squad is still an issue in some positions

rudi must stay
Just now, CJGJ said:

He will be unhappy but he'll smile, congratulate Shrewsbury and then give them a rollicking behind closed doors

Also shows that depth of squad is still an issue in some positions

His interview will be interesting. I think they are due a rollicking, some of them didn't fancy it. 

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Very professional by Man Utd.

Pitch was a throwback 

The pitch was an absolute shocker.  In places it was virtually unplayable.  Shame it wasn't an away draw for financial reasons.

Back Shrewsbury in the replay after this news

"I said to the boys already two weeks ago that we will have a winter break, which means we will not be there," said Klopp.

"You cannot deal with us like nobody cares about it. I know that it's not very popular but that's the way I see it.

"The Premier League asked us to respect the winter break. That's what we do. If the FA doesn't respect that, then we cannot change it. We will not be there."

Klopp said it "will be the kids who play" and also confirmed that reserve coach Neil Critchley, who took charge of the Carabao Cup quarter-final loss to Aston Villa in December while the first team were playing the World Club Cup, will again be in the dugout.

"We have to respect the players' welfare. They need a rest. They need a mental rest, a physical rest, and that's what the winter break is all about," said Klopp.

"We had to make these decisions beforehand because these boys have families."

Liverpool should campaign to replace the Champions League with a straight knock out competition then. 

Can maybe call it the European Cup. 

Edited by Mikey1874

14 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Liverpool should campaign to replace the Champions League with a straight knock out competition then. 

Can maybe call it the European Cup. 

Indeed.

The English cup still occasionally has magic, thanks to the likes of the Shrews, but the big clubs are trying to suck it dry.

klopp throwing his toys out of the pram. if he was that worried he should have played a stronger team, potentially shows a lack of respect for their opponents yesterday

13 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Didn’t stop his team competing in the utterly pointless world club competition 

Somehow I don't think he had a choice not to

They are not refusing to play but will not play the first team squad players

Frankly if it was us I'd rather make sure of the title than the chance of winning the cup

I'm sure you'd agree....yes?