This weekends football Friday 24th Jan to Sunday 26th

CJGJ

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

If we start to win some games ourselves. 

We need both to happen Dave

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• CJGJ

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, davemclaren said:

If we start to win some games ourselves. 

Probably a bit of everything.   There was and still is a danger that this will be an outlier season when the 11th placed team ends up on 38-40 points.    That would make things almost impossible for us.     At some point we'll need wins.    At every point we'll benefit greatly from our rivals having a poor run.    

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

We need both to happen Dave

We do but we need to sort ourselves out and everything else will happen as it does. 

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Probably a bit of everything.   There was and still is a danger that this will be an outlier season when the 11th placed team ends up on 38-40 points.    That would make things almost impossible for us.     At some point we'll need wins.    At every point we'll benefit greatly from our rivals having a poor run.    

The more in the mix the better imo. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

The more in the mix the better imo. 

Maybe.   But you can argue that 3 others being dragged in probably means Hamilton and St.Mirren have taken points from them at some stage.     

11th place points total is crucial.     If it's a 5 team bun fight for places 7-11 then I think the final total for places 10 and 11 will be higher than average.    Not great for us.

I have more sympathy the view that we would benefit hugely from an immediate surge back into the pack.     It's not an absolute need but it may serve to give us some protection from being cast adrift later.

49 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

The trap door to the bottom 6 is just about shut now, it's absolute lottery who will finish bottom two. 

Yes, at least those that were thinking we could achieve Top 6 can focus on reality. I still think we're in this with St Mirren and Hamilton. The rest will all gather enough to get to 10th and above. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

We do but we need to sort ourselves out and everything else will happen as it does. 

Agree Dave but every other team in the same position as ourself will be looking at the fixture against us as "cup final" and will certainly be up for it.

Regardless of how we see these games we have to have the same outlook as them or we could end up spouting "to good to go down"  when it's too late.

Bear in mind a fair number of these teams have been in this position before and survived, we have to dig deep and not take anything for granted, having said that I'm still think we have the wherewithal to get out of this mess, which has to be said is mainly of our own making.

They announced on soccer saturday today that a 25 year old non league player called jordan sinnott had died suddenly. All the news places reported the same. Turns out he hasn't but is sadly in a critical condition after being assaulted. Shows how far misinformation can spread these days. 

https://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/news-article/retford-town-centre-assault-detectives-move-correct-misleading-reports-man’s-death

1 hour ago, eyesandears said:

Yes, at least those that were thinking we could achieve Top 6 can focus on reality. I still think we're in this with St Mirren and Hamilton. The rest will all gather enough to get to 10th and above. 

Personally, I think Ross County are well in this relegation battle. 

I think we'll finish 9th, I'd take that tbh

2 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Personally, I think Ross County are well in this relegation battle. 

I think we'll finish 9th, I'd take that tbh

Me too mate. 9th is still possible if we can put a run together. Let's hope we're off the bottom by the split at least.

Not something you hear of often in Spain out with European ties crowd trouble pre match between Valencia and Barcelona fans

Valencia won the match 2-0

Watched Motherwell v Hibs on Alba.

Hibs didn't offer much at all but defended okay overall though needed 2 good saves from Marciano. 

Motherwell looking good for their league position. 

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

They announced on soccer saturday today that a 25 year old non league player called jordan sinnott had died suddenly. All the news places reported the same. Turns out he hasn't but is sadly in a critical condition after being assaulted. Shows how far misinformation can spread these days. 

https://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/news-article/retford-town-centre-assault-detectives-move-correct-misleading-reports-man’s-death

Sadly he has died

Edited by Mikey1874

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7930003/Napoli-fans-cause-chaos-outside-hotel-housing-Juventus-players.html

Napoli fans are causing chaos outside the hotel Juventus players are staying in ahead of their Serie A clash on Sunday.

Maurizio Sarri's squad are staying at the luxurious Parker Hotel in Naples, their preferred choice of accommodation when travelling to pay their domestic rivals in recent years.

But Napoli fans are doing all they can to disrupt Cristiano Ronaldo and Co, calling them 'thieves' and telling Juventus to 'go back to Turin'.

Bus drivers are said to be struggling to navigate their way through the crowds for fear of hitting someone. 

Fans have brought the area around the hotel to a standstill with traffic unable to pass by. Fortunately there have been no injuries at present but a bus came perilously close to causing an accident as it tried to dodge the fans.

Police and hotel security are struggling to contain Napoli fans, who are desperate to ensure Juve endure a sleepless night before the match on Sunday. 

Calling them 'thieves' and telling Juventus to 'go back to Turin'.

They come up with some crackers those Napoli fans eh 😁 

42 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

italians make celtic and rangers fans look like truly pleasant and upstanding citizens.

Now that's a step too far.

2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

italians make celtic and rangers fans look like truly pleasant and upstanding citizens.

steady on 😜

We'll probably regret not beating pish like Aberdeen come the end of the season.

Pretty sure McGinn only gives a **** when he plays us.

Tenaciousdandy
7 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Still no score with st midden and Aberdeen......  20 mins to go.

It's been such a horrible eye bleeding game to watch, hoping Aberdeen nick a goal

18 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

It's been such a horrible eye bleeding game to watch, hoping Aberdeen nick a goal

Just said elsewhere that anyone watching that game thinking yup we’ll pay 4mil for Cosgrove will be thinking wtaf. He has a rep because he takes pens imo very limited player used well by McInnes

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Just said elsewhere that anyone watching that game thinking yup we’ll pay 4mil for Cosgrove will be thinking wtaf. He has a rep because he takes pens imo very limited player used well by McInnes

Yeah, at the most a player like Cosgrove is worth £350/£500k max, he does suit Aberdeens style but would be showed up in a proper football playing team. 

Is that William Miller calling for change in the dugout at the Sheep? 

Not surprised, that squad should be coasting third in all honesty. 

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Penalty but outside the box and 2-1 Liverpool..Cummings scored..No VAR

But surely it's better not to have VAR I thought.