Trying not to get carried away...

gashauskis9

But imagine this line up when everyone’s available (Haring and Brandon).

Pereira

Clare

Halkett

Souttar

Hickey

Irving

Smith

Avdijaj (assuming he’s decent)

Naismith

Meshino

Washington 

Could see it as early as Sunday 😮.

The ‘on paper’ approach hasn’t really worked for us thus far...however, I agree. If those players are fit, on the park organised and motivated then I can’t see any way that we don’t comfortably get ourselves out of this current mess...

William H. Bonney

Definitely not getting carried away after one result against airdrie. 
As far as I’m concerned we’re still in deep shit and it’s going to take a monumental effort to get out of it. 
Our strike force is Still weak as piss. 

7 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

The ‘on paper’ approach hasn’t really worked for us thus far...however, I agree. If those players are fit, on the park organised and motivated then I can’t see any way that we don’t comfortably get ourselves out of this current mess...

Never had the ‘on paper’ team with a good coach/manager though.  I think it will make a massive difference.

It isn't just the lineup looking better, it is the mentality and tactics that go with that lineup.

I am expecting us to concede one from Rangers but we'll score more than them. Maybe even embarrass them. Let's see how they do against St Mirren tomorrow night.

Definitely still need a striker or we may be reliant on a certain Maclean to come in and bag us the goals to keep us up and I ain’t relishing that prospect.

been here before
23 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Pereira

Clare

Halkett

Souttar

Hickey

Irving

Smith

Naismith

Meshino

Washington 

Pereira is awful. **** abysmal infact.

Hickey needs rested.

Naismith cant stay fit

Who knows what the new boy is like

Washingtons, our striker, has never scored for us.

I shall reserve my judgement and hold back on my excitement.

Edited by been here before

7 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Definitely still need a striker or we may be reliant on a certain Maclean to come in and bag us the goals to keep us up and I ain’t relishing that prospect.

Agree Maclean’s a no no with me get a striker in and show Maclean  the door 

Edited by One five

20 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Pereira

Clare

Halkett

Souttar

Hickey

Irving

Smith

Naismith

Meshino

Washington 

Not hard to get carried away with that.  Prospect of another one or two coming plus the promising signs from youngsters like Moore and Henderson.

Based on what Barnsley supporters have said, Stendel will give young players a chance but I expect he'll rely on experience to get us well and truly out of our current predicament.

That line-up would be supported by a very strong bench.

The Future's Maroon
14 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Never had the ‘on paper’ team with a good coach/manager though.  I think it will make a massive difference.

Yip, an attack minded manager at that.

Levein’s biggest fault was worrying about what the opposition do rather than get them worrying about us.

12 minutes ago, been here before said:

Hickey needs rested.

Naismith cant stay fit

You sure?

16 minutes ago, kila said:

It isn't just the lineup looking better, it is the mentality and tactics that go with that lineup.

I am expecting us to concede one from Rangers but we'll score more than them. Maybe even embarrass them. Let's see how they do against St Mirren tomorrow night.

😲. Hope you are right but at this stage I'd probably take a draw with RC, let alone giving rangers a pumping

5 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Yip, an attack minded manager at that.

Levein’s biggest fault was worrying about what the opposition do rather than get them worrying about us.

Definitely , as we all agreed in the boozer after the game on Saturday... if we still had cl If we had scored we would have ground out a 1-0 

6 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

2 penalties to be fair.  Hasn’t scored from open play. 

one was a rebound from a missed pen from him was it not?

Edited by Hearts007

If we play that team on Sunday we would get ripped to pieces. That midfield is weak, against better teams I don't see us playing 4 attacking players. Washington also still has a massive amount to prove, he didn't really threaten against a really poor team on Saturday. With so many question marks surrounding Haring I still feel we need a central midfielder. 

27 minutes ago, kila said:

Amazing :lol: not won a game in the league since feck knows when but now all of a sudden the same group of players could embarrass rangers.  Why is there never any middle ground? It’s why people greet like **** when it goes wrong. 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Amazing :lol: not won a game in the league since feck knows when but now all of a sudden the same group of players could embarrass rangers.  Why is there never any middle ground? It’s why people greet like **** when it goes wrong. 

With the high press on the tighter Tynecastle pitch I fancy us against anyone. Even Cathro managed to embarrass Rangers 4-1.

Plus Morelos is suspended so they will be relying upon Defoe for 90 mins.

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Definitely not getting carried away after one result against airdrie. 
As far as I’m concerned we’re still in deep shit and it’s going to take a monumental effort to get out of it. 
Our strike force is Still weak as piss. 

Our strike force has hardly played Tbf. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Yip, agree 100%.

Like in politics, the middle ground has left the building. 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, One five said:

Definitely , as we all agreed in the boozer after the game on Saturday... if we still had cl If we had scored we would have ground out a 1-0 

Like when we beat ICT in the cups last season, 5 and 3-nil.

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, been here before said:

Hickey needs rested.

Naismith cant stay fit

That's some  reserve on the judgement.... 

😂😂

11 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

We drew 1-1 with worse players under CL. Rangers' hubris and lack of morelos will help us. Its not a far stretch in my eyes, the margins are fine

been here before
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's some  reserve on the judgement.... 

😂😂

Indeed. You might say stoic.

21 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

4 pts over the next two games would be an excellent return. 

Feeling so much more positive but DS can’t turn this mob into world beaters overnight, and a good win over Airdrie doesn’t change that. 

26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Like when we beat ICT in the cups last season, 5 and 3-nil.

Was judging by the season Not last mate

Let’s see how we go tonight . We have miles to go this season and need Hamilton to start dropping points as we pick them up. Our squad is still weak, I’m not overly excited about Washington , hopefully he comes good and starts netting a few goals 

27 minutes ago, been here before said:

Indeed. You might say stoic.

Stoic means embracing suffering without complaining about it.

Looking at the league table stops me from being carried away at the moment, to be honest.

Sorry for being so negative. I'm very hopeful we will survive and thrive, but I'm not skipping through the daisies yet.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Pereira

Clare

Halkett

Souttar

Hickey

Irving

Smith

Naismith

Meshino

Washington 

Smith and Irving though doing ok is far from the quality I expect and Clare is never a defender. 

Don't get me started on the keeper. 

4 players short, 3 actually Smith is still a pretty decent international full back,  don't believe me,  Michael O Neill will vouch for him though. 

Decent keeper,  Haring back and someone who can pull the strings,  laughing. Irving,  love him,  but I don't see him being consistent just yet.

Sorry to piss on the chips,  give me 5 wins and I will be a bit more on the happy train. 5 points estranged at the bottom,  I'm not going wild on how good we are 

Gordon Ramsay

Last time I checked these players had left us 5 points adrift at the bottom of the league. 

Excuse me if I don't want to blow smoke up their arse after beating the mighty Airdrie. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, kila said:

I'm hoping Rangers bag 6 or 7 tomorrow 

been here before
14 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Stoic means embracing suffering without complaining about it.

Cool thanks for that.

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Pereira

Clare

Halkett

Souttar

Hickey

Irving

Smith

Naismith

Meshino

Washington 

Looking at that team and assuming everyone stays fit I can see Washington being the next casualty if is goal scoring to games ratio continues. 

I’m not getting carried away but we look better than we did. I’m hoping the new boy is as good as we think he could be and that we also get a striker in.

Lets put it this way. There is now a glimmer of light. Tomorrow might tell us more than Saturday did about where we are

Not surprised there is negativity on this thread but surprised at the amount of it.

Levein is no longer in charge.

I expect the vast majority of the 16,000 or so who will be at Tynecasle on Sunday will be optimistic and excited about our prospects.  They will expect a wholehearted effort and that's what they will get.

And we might just win.  Done it plenty of times in the past when they've been favourites.

2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Pereira

Clare

Halkett

Souttar

Hickey

Irving

Smith

Naismith

Meshino

Washington 

Haring for Irving and swap Smith and Claire and it is a strong tean although Washington is very poor infront of goal.

Lot of pressure in the first 4 games.   Take 7-9 points and we're flying.   We'll have a team that will survive by miles.

Make a bad start and it doesn't matter how the team looks on paper.    We'll be in the shit.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

About as far from carried away as you can get tbh. Tomorrow is a must win

Indeed, I can’t help but feel tomorrow night will be pivotal for our season which brings a sick in the stomach nervousness.

Win tomorrow and the ball is rolling, there will be a belief inside the club and in the media that Stendel is turning things round and we’ll go into Sunday with confidence, likely just 2 points behind Hamilton and 3 behind St Mirren with Ross County in touching distance.

Lose tomorrow and I feel a defeat is very likely Sunday, which will leave a feeling that nothing has changed with a trip to Perth to come.

A scrappy 1-0 in the highlands tomorrow could be the most significant point of our season in keeping us up IMO.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

1 minute ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Indeed, I can’t help but feel tomorrow night will be pivotal for our season which brings a sick in the stomach nervousness.

Win tomorrow and the ball is rolling, there will be a belief inside the club and in the media that Stendel is turning things round and we’ll go into Sunday with confidence, likely just 2 points behind Hamilton and 3 behind St Mirren with Ross County in touching distance.

Lose tomorrow and I feel a defeat is very likely Sunday, which will leave a feeling that nothing has changed with a trip to Perth to come.

A scrappy 1-0 in the highlands tomorrow could be the most significant point of our season in keeping us up IMO.

Yep.    Being more than one win from parity is the worst part.    It's like being on the edge of a cliff.     Make some progress and we get some margin for error.     

Thankfully players and managers tend to exist one game at a time.    They probably aren't as stressed as the fans.