Trying not to get carried away...

gashauskis9

A good start, and that’s all it will be, is a win the morns night.

Then, we build on it.

There is no such thing as a team who are ‘too good to go down’.

I’m cautiously optimistic, tomorrow will tell us much more. We need to get points on the board ASAP. We’ve not got much time to get this right.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

Washingtons, our striker, has never scored for us.

I think he's scored a couple goals for us but his record is pretty abysmal. I was expecting him to get chucked by Stendel in all honesty.

7 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Don’t say that please. The banter queens will be all over it, with some of them putting their puns in bold to make it even funnier. 

You're a very sad person, BarneyBattles. :sad: How can anyone not like a good pun? They can be very punny!

2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

But imagine this line up when everyone’s available (Haring and Brandon).

Pereira

Clare

Halkett

Souttar

Hickey

Irving

Smith

Avdijaj (assuming he’s decent)

Naismith

Meshino

Washington 

Could see it as early as Sunday 😮.

Hardly out of this world tbh.

Baby steps mate, the team are starting to string together some decent performances. I'd personally have Smith at right back before SC only because of his experience. (If Sean Clare was from R.O.I I don't think he'd play in front of mikey) 😂

Washington needs more game time and has yet to convince me that he's the man to get us goals, would still have him in my first 11 just not as a no.9. I'd go with.. 

JOEL

SMITH  HALKETT  SOUTTAR  HICKEY 

BOZANIC   IRVIN

WASHINGTON                       AVDIJAJ

UCHE     NAISMITH

Edited by Bking9

2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I think he's scored a couple goals for us but his record is pretty abysmal. I was expecting him to get chucked by Stendel in all honesty.

Steady. He's only played a handful of matches and he looked like he was coming onto a game before he got injured.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Feckin hell. 

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Morgan said:

A good start, and that’s all it will be, is a win the morns night.

Then, we build on it.

There is no such thing as a team who are ‘too good to go down’.

Aye there is. 

Celtic are too good to go down. 

😉

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

4 pts over the next two games would be an excellent return. 

Feeling so much more positive but DS can’t turn this mob into world beaters overnight, and a good win over Airdrie doesn’t change that. 

I’ll take three mate bring County into the scrap too. Anything off the huns will be a bonus.  High press leaves gaps on Sunday. Like against Celtic and Hibs at home.  

26 minutes ago, Sertse said:

The boy is a footballer.  100%.  

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Tomorrow is a huge night for us. I don’t really care how we play, we just have to win. 

Exactly mate. Praying for a victory. 

Some positivity has returned to both the squad and the fanbase the last couple of weeks and it's vital we build on that tomorrow night with 3 points. 🙏🙏

3 hours ago, One five said:

Definitely , as we all agreed in the boozer after the game on Saturday... if we still had cl If we had scored we would have ground out a 1-0 

Always the place and time where logic and common sense prevails

HillmanHearts

Not won outside Edinburgh in the league since March last year. 

Have we got enough in this set of players for the battle we are in  ?

Tomorrow night may give us a good indication.

Hopeful Daniel can make the difference.

Long way from being carried away tho.

9 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Not won outside Edinburgh in the league since March last year. 

Have we got enough in this set of players for the battle we are in  ?

Tomorrow night may give us a good indication.

Hopeful Daniel can make the difference.

Long way from being carried away tho.

Yip, a win tomorrow night and you start to think there is light at the end of the tunnel. A defeat and it’s like a punch in the solar plexus. We need to start gaining ground in the league. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tomorrow is huge for a number of reasons.

But I also can’t help my mind stray to how Stendel will set us up against the Huns.

If he lives by his “we play the way we play” I don’t really see him ****ing about with the formation and amount of attacking players on the pitch.

Against teams like a Rangers it’s even more important to try and play on the front foot and as high up the pitch as you can.

12 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Still need a striker for me. Naisy gets injured, which is lets be honest quite likely and we’re still light

We will need to see how the new lad gets on.

Think my OP has been misinterpreted as some crazed overconfidence.  Not the point i intended.  Merely wanted to point out that this is the first time in years we’ve come close to having a strong, top 6 capable, starting 11 with a forward thinking, popular, enthusiastic coach leading the way.  We’re not safe from relegation all of a sudden, and we’re not winning 5-0 tonight, but it’s a great platform to at least build on and bring the feel good factor back.

Also makes me wonder where we’d be now if we’d just gone for Stendel when he became available, rather than persisting with AM and legal debacles for over a month.  I suspect we’d have a few more points on the board.

12 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

But imagine this line up when everyone’s available (Haring and Brandon).

Pereira

Clare

Halkett

Souttar

Hickey

Irving

Smith

Avdijaj (assuming he’s decent)

Naismith

Meshino

Washington 

Could see it as early as Sunday 😮.

I’ll certainly not get carried away with that line up.

Ex member of the SaS
12 hours ago, been here before said:

Pereira is awful. **** abysmal infact.

Hickey needs rested.

Naismith cant stay fit

Who knows what the new boy is like

Washingtons, our striker, has never scored for us.

I shall reserve my judgement and hold back on my excitement.

Not a doom and gloom merchant but this is where I am.No matter how good the result, it was Airdrie after all. Oh and we did just about shoot ourselves in the foot with dodgy passes across the six yard box. Teams playing the pressing game against us and the back three/four need to be able to play us out of trouble.

Why is Washington getting such an easy ride btw? He seems to be talked about on a much higher level than he actually performs. Due to the shite the losers left us with I get we would have him ahead of Wighton, Mclean etc but he has done the square root of **** all since he joined if truth be told.

15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Why is Washington getting such an easy ride btw? He seems to be talked about on a much higher level than he actually performs. Due to the shite the losers left us with I get we would have him ahead of Wighton, Mclean etc but he has done the square root of **** all since he joined if truth be told.

Give it a rest man. He clearly suits the way Stendel wants to play, and it was his first start in 3 months. Not a natural goal scorer but will cause havoc to defenders and free space for others. FWIW his performance away at Motherwell in the cup this season was one of the few standout performances this season. 

Edited by karipidis

16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Give it a rest. How many times have you seen him play? He’s a quality player and will be vital if we are to get out of this mess.

Edited by Rudy T

30 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Give it a rest man.

30 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Give it a rest. 

Wishful thinking.

48 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He makes intelligent runs and is a good focal point for the midfield to feed the ball into.

A bit like Stephen Elliott (who had a 1 in 6 goal record for us but is still fondly remembered).

been here before
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

He makes intelligent runs and is a good focal point for the midfield to feed the ball into.

A bit like Stephen Elliott (who had a 1 in 6 goal record for us but is still fondly remembered).

Truth be told that if the attention seeking man child ever went to a game he may know that but given this... ahem... 'supporter'...  contributes the sum total of **** all he doesnt.

Im still waiting for him to explain his claim that the club pay STC to have them on the shirts. He's went awful quiet in the answer though.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think Washington plays more off the wing for NI cutting in. May be a better idea to play him wide left and the new lad through the middle.

Never fear, Your Daniel will sort it out :)

12 hours ago, redjambo said:

Looking at the league table stops me from being carried away at the moment, to be honest.

Sorry for being so negative. I'm very hopeful we will survive and thrive, but I'm not skipping through the daisies yet.

this heard same pish under mcphee after the st mirren game

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

We will need to see how the new lad gets on.

Not really a striker is he? Thought he was more a winger/midfielder?

Edit. My bad says he’s a forward

Edited by Jamhammer

On 22/01/2020 at 09:51, Jamhammer said:

Not really a striker is he? Thought he was more a winger/midfielder?

Edit. My bad says he’s a forward

more of a right sided attacking midfielder imo