• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• neilnunb

• Shanks said no

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not been to Arbroath since the early 80s. Could have got a worse draw. 

You should’ve went for pre season. Hope it’s not a pre cursor 

Last time I was at Arbroath Hearts fans were chasing each other as all had Maroon/ White scarfs on and no segregation, and some charity were collecting with six people walking round the ground holding a big blanket for folk to throw them cash !!!

I hope it’s Arbroath as I might make a weekend of it at the caravan park if it’s open and they have the best smokies anywhere in the world.🇵🇪🏆

been here before
58 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Surely they should go the whole hog and get O'Connor and Riordan on then.

Speaking of which there is genuinely a night at The Hibs Club with club legends Gaz and Deeks coming up.

Can you imagine the ned drivel they will spout to their adoring tramp fans? 

Its an Edinburgh City fundraiser.

I went to see Arbroath play East Fife a few years back when Liam Smith was on loan from us to East Fife. He played well and East fife won iirc. Good day out and would be good to go back again but Falkirk would do nicely too

1 minute ago, Hairdryer said:

I hope it’s Arbroath as I might make a weekend of it at the caravan park if it’s open and they have the best smokies anywhere in the world.🇵🇪🏆

Caravan in February, in Arbroath, madness I tell you madness🤧

1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

Surely they should go the whole hog and get O'Connor and Riordan on then.

Speaking of which there is genuinely a night at The Hibs Club with club legends Gaz and Deeks coming up.

Can you imagine the ned drivel they will spout to their adoring tramp fans? 

Is he not barred from there? 🤣

millerjames398
23 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Image result for john carpenter the fog

TBF, if this lot turned up demanding a game, I'd let them win.

That film put the proper shitters up me when i was a kid, that banging on the door😖😂

SectionDJambo

Arbroath had a decent record against us up there, in the old first division, back in the 70s. Seem to remember their manager being an unassuming guy called Bert Henderson. 
Then we had the Christmas Eve 7-0 in the snow, after relegation, and the promotion clincher last game of the season.

I think that was the last time I was there. Would be good to go back.

Sydney Devine
36 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Just said that to my lad.   1980.......a late Malcolm Robertson goal to secure the win and continue limping towards promotion as champions......... 

37 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

You should’ve went for pre season. Hope it’s not a pre cursor 

I was abroad on holiday. 🤷🏼‍♂️

47 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Lived there, 1980-83!

Actually played at Gayfield for my school prior to an Arbroath home game. Scored to boot!

25 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Arbroath had a decent record against us up there, in the old first division, back in the 70s. Seem to remember their manager being an unassuming guy called Bert Henderson. 
Then we had the Christmas Eve 7-0 in the snow, after relegation, and the promotion clincher last game of the season.

I think that was the last time I was there. Would be good to go back.

Was the 7-0 game when the place was covered in fog ?

cant remember if it was that game I couldn’t see the goals and just waited for folk jumpin around

SectionDJambo
8 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Was the 7-0 game when the place was covered in fog ?

cant remember if it was that game I couldn’t see the goals and just waited for folk jumpin around

The 7-0 game was the snowfall game. Being so close to the sea, fog would be a regular hazard there though.

2 hat tricks that day. Drew Busby and Willie Gibson. Both got a case of whisky from sponsors for them. Can’t remember which brand.

Want it to be Falkirk purely because I intensely dislike them, coupled with fact that I have no grudge against the Red Lichties.

19 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Saying that, will it be LP? Or straight to general sale? Probably only get about 3,500 at Falkirk no?

I'd imagine LP. Think the away end only holds 2000

portobellojambo1
25 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Saying that, will it be LP? Or straight to general sale? Probably only get about 3,500 at Falkirk no?

I'd imagine that if it is Arbroath we could possibly get around 5,000 tickets for that game. Although Falkirk's stadium is a bit bigger at 8,000 capacity we could end up getting fewer tickets there as Falkirk will have a bigger home support than Arbroath. From a day out point of view wouldn't mind a wee trip up to Arbroath, we had a really good day out  when we went up for the friendly at the start of this season. I'd imagine whichever team it is it will go to LP's first.

Edited by portobellojambo1

1 hour ago, HillmanHearts said:

Ha ! was just chatting about those two games. Alec Edwards playing for Arbroath  in the 7 -0 game. And the Eamonn Bannon ( with hair version ) when we won promotion and the conga round the car park. Good times ! Hope Arbroath can win through v Falkirk - tuff tho tbh.

Aye happy days 👍

My half sister

Falkirk fans are in dispute with their board and a lot are boycotting games. We might get a section of their main stand as they are desperate for cash

31 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Whoever does the BSC Twitter is a roaster.

No as much of a roaster as Tam McManus is being on Twitter, wanting the game moved because Hibs will take at least 4,000. BSC play at a perfectly acceptable ground and Hibs aren’t even through yet!

Having said that, I fancy they will progress and probably hit BSC for at least six.

50 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'd imagine that if it is Arbroath we could possibly get around 5,000 tickets for that game. Although Falkirk's stadium is a bit bigger at 8,000 capacity we could end up getting fewer tickets there as Falkirk will have a bigger home support than Arbroath. From a day out point of view wouldn't mind a wee trip up to Arbroath, we had a really good day out  when we went up for the friendly at the start of this season. I'd imagine whichever team it is it will go to LP's first.

Yeh Arbroath only 20 minutes along the road for us, went pre-season aswell but that was dire :lol:.

Hopefully get tickets for either. I think Falkirk would be my preferred choice as never been.

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

The 7-0 game was the snowfall game. Being so close to the sea, fog would be a regular hazard there though.

2 hat tricks that day. Drew Busby and Willie Gibson. Both got a case of whisky from sponsors for them. Can’t remember which brand.

Jamison Irish whisky

the Hearts way
3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

love arbroath at 17 necked a concorde bottle o wine wi the longstone bus, doubt half u

lot been there, ma ha

7-0 game and Eamon Bannon to win 1-0 to gain promotion, would love to go back there. Can you still buy Pomane or is it just Prosecco now🤔.

Tollcross Hearts bus days in the seventies 🇱🇻👍😜HHGH

onwards and upwards 

the Hearts way
18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ye olde grand football match. 

Eamon Bannon 👍👏

HHGH 

Onwards and upwards 🇱🇻

70p to get in and still lifted over turnstiles 😂

Edited by the Hearts way

7 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Scottish Cup fifth round draw (weekend of Sat 8 Feb):

Inverness v Livingston

Clyde v Celtic

BSC Glasgow v Dundee Utd/Hibs

St Mirren v Motherwell

Ayr Utd v St Johnstone

Aberdeen v Killie

Hamilton Accies v Rangers

Arbroath/Falkirk v Hearts

If we get through this round, looking like a very strong hatter finals as can’t see many upsets. 

1 hour ago, karipidis said:

If we get through this round, looking like a very strong hatter finals as can’t see many upsets. 

reckon Home tie against ayr, Inverness or St Mirren could be best option for next round if we get through 

Brockville 35 years ago :eek: me and my brother both got lifted for carrying a can of juice each into the ground. We'd walked passed about 50 polis by the time we got to the turnstile. An over zealous copper spotted a bulge in my coat and asked me and my bro to empty our pockets to discover a can of juice and proceeded to arrest us both. 

I was around 14 and my brother 10.

8 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

Great draw, with the added bonus of 3 SPL teams getting pumped out. Nice.

To be fair, if Hibs progress there has to be at least 3 all Premiership ties. Downside is there’s potentially 8 Premiership clubs in the 1/4 finals. 

highlandjambo3
22 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Brockville 35 years ago :eek: me and my brother both got lifted for carrying a can of juice each into the ground. We'd walked passed about 50 polis by the time we got to the turnstile. An over zealous copper spotted a bulge in my coat and asked me and my bro to empty our pockets to discover a can of juice and proceeded to arrest us both. 

Bring back the “clip round the ear” coppers........... (I know in our PC world they could never do that now)

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Through away the key scumbags 😂

12 hours ago, Morgan said:

The boy looks like scum.

He looks like your classic Glaswegian ned. I'm glad we aren't playing them.. imagine the injuries we could have picked up.

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Bring back the “clip round the ear” coppers........... (I know in our PC world they could never do that now)

I agree that's what's wrong with this country and I mean the UK as a whole.

Edited by Marvin

tartofmidlothian
14 hours ago, Blair835 said:

Going to call Inverness and Ayr to both make it through to the last 8, also could see St mirren making it through

:spoton: