Our South American Sympathiser

Stuart Lyon

9 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

The guy must have about 10 million words posted on the Internet, about 20 of which are worth reading.

You're probably right.

But which 20 out of those 10 million and what order to read them in is another matter ;) .

He truly is consumed by his own self importance and is permanently resident up his own arse. Gets his kicks on twitter likes and follower count. What a sad thread of an existence. In some ways, I actually feel a bit sorry for him.

36 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

You're probably right.

But which 20 out of those 10 million and what order to read them in is another matter ;) .

He truly is consumed by his own self importance and is permanently resident up his own arse. Gets his kicks on twitter likes and follower count. What a sad thread of an existence. In some ways, I actually feel a bit sorry for him.

His best words are "***** ******" [redacted to not name the poster]: they serve as a welcome warning.

On the other hand, I PM'd him once about a personal matter and he gave good, thoughtful advice that I've taken on board. Basically a good guy, but he needs to work on his concision.

True of all words:

image.png.1a2329dde836acf2f241d592e1ea0d17.pngT

Edited by Gorgiewave

3 hours ago, Zico said:

Most of it copy/pasted from elsewhere. Self-proclaimed intellectuals/academics usually have nothing much to say, which is why they have to use lots of words to try and hide behind. 

An error our chap commits:

image.png.8dff0121725aa0ba4050a81b0f5e3bca.png

Don't mind him and he seems to annoy some folk on here when he appears. Which is quite amusing. 

JKB is full of variety (Personality) and that makes it a good read.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Don't mind him and he seems to annoy most folk on here when he appears. Which is quite amusing. 

JKB is full of variety (Personality) and that makes it a good read.

FTFY

8 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

His best words are "***** ******" [redacted to not name the poster]: they serve as a welcome warning.

On the other hand, I PM'd him once about a personal matter and he gave good, thoughtful advice that I've taken on board. Basically a good guy, but he needs to work on his concision.

True of all words:

image.png.1a2329dde836acf2f241d592e1ea0d17.pngT

I'm sure he can be decent. I was previously prepared to give him some leeway, and thought he made the occasional decent point, albeit extremely verbosely. In the run up to the December GE, I slagged off Jeremy Corbyn & Momentum and he responded by personally insulting me. I thought he was much better than that. For that reason, I'm out.

Edited by SwindonJambo

11 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Not being funny, but it sounds like you're a bit jealous his pinned Tweet has 1.4K hearts about this.

Ha Ha not jealous at all! 

11 hours ago, jonesy said:

Not much else to do on those lonely Uruguayan nights. 

Indeed. I'm sure there is nothing to do in Uruguay at night except vent on the internet. Dull place.

29dfaae7b604d57136e2b0f2f9d47f74.jpg

meet-sexy-single-girls-montevideo-online

Edited by redjambo

Just another modern "activist" who thinks he is changing the world by retweeting anything he agrees with.

And it is impossible to get a 'feel' of a nation when you live on the other side of the world, no matter how appropriate you think your sources are.

15 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Is that the one that exposes him for essentially trying to con money out of folk?

That's the one.

SectionDJambo

I remember our man in Uruguay having a go at Stan Boardman for his relentless, and completely not funny, jibes at the Germans. Old Stan made a career for himself at the expense of the Germans, and any semi intelligent being in the UK.

I wonder how Stan's humour goes down in his home town of Liverpool these days, with Kloppo being the man who is going to relieve them of 30 years of no championships?

He will be loving the attention he is getting on this thread, unless his mum has him tiding his room just now. 

11 hours ago, superjack said:

He is the only poster on here I ever considered putting on ignore.

thought i was tops as well , jokin, Hearts fault for scoring 5, knocked me for six

8 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

thought i was tops as well , jokin, Hearts fault for scoring 5, knocked me for six

Auld Sean, boy child of the law would hate you when post on here, whilst bevvied. He fecking hates Countdown. Especially the conundrum.

9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Auld Sean, boy child of the law would hate you when post on here, whilst bevvied. He fecking hates Countdown. Especially the conundrum.

Whos Sean 😀

2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Search RogTHF on twitter and all will be revealed.

That was certainly interesting reading.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Quite like him on here tbh. Never read anything else by him. Usually makes some solid arguments. I'd rather read a single one of his posts than an entire thread about paggering and being lifted by the police. 

Bridge of Djoum
On 20/01/2020 at 08:32, 3fingersreid said:

There was another guy who used to post on here that treated it like a debating chamber too, I often wondered if they were the same person using two accounts 

He's over on Talk Hearts now, same user name and spouting the same nonsense he did here, (and still getting called on it)

Bridge of Djoum
6 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Search RogTHF on twitter and all will be revealed.

Superb. Really enjoyed that.

24 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

He's over on Talk Hearts now, same user name and spouting the same nonsense he did here, (and still getting called on it)

Can you give me a hint to the name? Struggling to remember.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, superjack said:

Oh dunno about that, mate. Some might think it a bit fishy...

annushorribilis III
7 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I remember our man in Uruguay having a go at Stan Boardman for his relentless, and completely not funny, jibes at the Germans. Old Stan made a career for himself at the expense of the Germans, and any semi intelligent being in the UK.

I wonder how Stan's humour goes down in his home town of Liverpool these days, with Kloppo being the man who is going to relieve them of 30 years of no championships?

Lawson didn't understand Boardman's little brother was killed in the German blitz on Liverpool. 

I thought old Stan and his Fokkers was way more interesting than Sean could ever be: the first guy I ever blocked. Horrendous patter.

1 hour ago, superjack said:

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Oh dunno about that, mate. Some might think it a bit fishy...

Usually line caught , bought in steak or tinned form 

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, annushorribilis III said:

Lawson didn't understand Boardman's little brother was killed in the German blitz on Liverpool. 

I thought old Stan and his Fokkers was way more interesting than Sean could ever be: the first guy I ever blocked. Horrendous patter.

It was actually his older brother.

Many people, on both sides, lost family and friends in both the wars. Didn’t make everyone hate the other side for ever afterwards. Maybe Stan used his “jokes” as a means of dealing with his personal loss.
I’m not sure that Stan made very public the loss he suffered so that Mr Lawson would have known. 

Anyway, it’s good to see that the likes of Klopp, and Bert Trautmann before him have helped put anti German feelings in the past, for most. 
It’s a different Europe now.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

He once started a Corbyn thread with some shite about Leviticus. I read the whole thing, purely to see how self-obsessed it was. Honestly the dullest, most sanctimonious rubbish I’ve ever read. And it went on forever.

Edited by Dusk_Till_Dawn

On 19/01/2020 at 19:22, Lemongrab said:

A Montevideo?

This, for the top witticism this month, I nearly spat out my beer laughing.  Montedevideo!!!!