Time for Budge Statement.......?

Section Q

I know the usual crowd will gather and circle the wagons around Mrs Budge, but we're well into January, 7 points adrift of safety, and quite a few first team regulars are going or gone already without any incoming.

The Wolfsburg owner has said our striking target isn't leaving his club, and aside from the Blackburn Rovers striker and a couple of Barnsley squad players, there's very little news coming out of Tynie. ""Anyone in the know.......?""

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Section Q

• JFK-1

• Leveins Battalion

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holyrood_Hearts
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

I know the usual crowd will gather and circle the wagons around Mrs Budge, but we're well into January, 7 points adrift of safety, and quite a few first team regulars are going or gone already without any incoming.

The Wolfsburg owner has said our striking target isn't leaving his club, and aside from the Blackburn Rovers striker and a couple of Barnsley squad players, there's very little news coming out of Tynie. ""Anyone in the know.......?""

Im sorry but what do you want her to say exactly?

August Landmesser

What would a statement tell us?

'We're trying to sign some players, we're trying to get rid of some other players. We're trying to win more games but won't be able to do so until 18th January.

The end.'

portobellojambo1

It's a pretty miserable day in Gorgie today, been pissing with rain since about 06:00 this morning.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

She should just shut up and get her chequebook out. No need for a statement 

I'm not sure I agree with the "shut up" bit, but I definitely agree with the chequebook bit. We are in an emergency situation with the possibility of being relegated - staying up must be the priority and emergency expenditure is required.

5 minutes ago, Section Q said:

image.png.b31635b76600223bb4dda1dd23d622a3.png

6 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

What would a statement tell us?

'We're trying to sign some players, we're trying to get rid of some other players. We're trying to win more games but won't be able to do so until 18th January.

The end.'

Thanks Ann. That’s smashing. I couldnt have worked that out for meself I needed someone to tell me. Hope the weather is better on your holiday than it is here

Edited by Jamhammer

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Section Q said:

So you want a statement to say-

We are/ have selling some players. 

We are trying to get some players. 

We are bottom of the keague. 

If you don't know this already you're a dumbass. 

9 minutes ago, Section Q said:

should the statement include an update on what EXACTLY Levein and MacPhee have been doing for the last fortnight? If so I think it's a must 👍

Ainsley Harriott
17 minutes ago, Section Q said:

In guessing this has to be a weird attempt at humour 

17 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Budge has made plenty mistakes, but not issuing a statement now isn't going to be one of them.

Our squad is bigger now than it was at the start of January, even counting Berra, Mulraney, and Wighton as not involved.

We really need bodies in ASAP. I was hoping we'd have them ready to go inside the first week but nothing so far. 

We can't afford this 'slowly slowly' approach she seems to think is okay in the football world. We need something quickly. 

alwaysthereinspirit
6 minutes ago, OTT said:

We really need bodies in ASAP. I was hoping we'd have them ready to go inside the first week but nothing so far. 

We can't afford this 'slowly slowly' approach she seems to think is okay in the football world. We need something quickly. 

As in any signing? Or one that might help?

Ainsley Harriott
9 minutes ago, OTT said:

Quit wetting your pants 

12 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Shes sitting back on her south american cruise smoking a big Cuban cigar....what does she care.

Sergey serving the cocktails as well I’m hearing. Both having a wry chuckle about the state of Hearts. 🤪

18 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I think the club should appoint a dedicated statement issuer.    Maybe Craig Levein?

received_792561964592644.jpeg.232af21ed281c380edc5eb7ee38f10ec.jpeg

1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

received_792561964592644.jpeg.232af21ed281c380edc5eb7ee38f10ec.jpeg

At least we would find out what kind of half-assed medical proceedures he's been doing on the players.     

22 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Been a while since her last statement tbf to the OP 

She spoke at the AGM on 17 December which was widely covered on here and in the press. That went into detail in most areas. I know Smith's Right Boot isn't the most popular poster on here, but his post above really does cover all a Budge statement could possibly say at this stage.

27 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Im sorry but what do you want her to say exactly?

Considering our league position, the sacking of our club captain, and the negative media comments about players thrown under a bus, a reassuring statement showing some leadership would be a start.

Unless of course Levein is still running club policy..........!

27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So you want a statement to say-

We are/ have selling some players. 

We are trying to get some players. 

We are bottom of the keague. 

If you don't know this already you're a dumbass. 

She could also say that we’re not 7 points adrift at the bottom of league 

10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

At least we would find out what kind of half-assed medical proceedures he's been doing on the players.     

Wirebrush and Dettol on everything. 

Eh....?

If its statements your after, sevco haven't issued one for 5 minutes, jog on over to www.bearsarejuanks.com and do us all a favour 

Ex member of the SaS

Don't think a statement is the answer, however signings with scarf's above heads should be happening NOW! Stendel is quick to dump players he doesn't want so knowing who he does want should be easy enough and we should ( maybe not push the boat out ) be getting the cash book open and getting some work done. If it's down to McPhee and Levein I would suspect a deliberate go slow. We need players in and working with the Stendel system so we are up to speed for the first game.

I know Jan is the not best time ( and being bottom doesn't help,) and we want quality not quantity, but other clubs are signing and we always seem to wait until the end of the window and usually end up with crap.

Please, no.  Her statements are usually tedious, and awful, and often have a go at fans, and highlight her love of Levein. 

For the sake of the club, and herself, she really should keep her trap shut. 

Edited by Paolo

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

😴

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Snails pace regarding incoming quality, its what we are good at. Need to get the finger out cause this current bunch will relegate us. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

She should just shut up and get her chequebook out. No need for a statement 

I am assuming she has the chequebook out given we have contacted Wolfsburg, Blackburn and Barnsley to try to buy players from them.  I can't see us contacting them if she hasn't?  If the clubs don't want to sell or the players don't want to come here there's probably much she can do about that at the moment.  DS will just need to move on to the next players.

1 minute ago, richierich said:

I am assuming she has the chequebook out given we have contacted Wolfsburg, Blackburn and Barnsley to try to buy players from them.  I can't see us contacting them if she hasn't?  If the clubs don't want to sell or the players don't want to come here there's probably much she can do about that at the moment.  DS will just need to move on to the next players.

Not saying she hasn’t. She’ll be judged on how she supports DS, any statement would be unnecessary.

Considering half the people who read her statements wilfully misinterpret what she writes, why would you suggest she stops looking for a DOF and instead writes a statement?

:)I don't think we need a statement either, I get that people are impatient, but there is a while left in the window, it always difficult to pick up players in January and even more so in our situation, can't blame any player for not wanting  to come here just now.  Hopefully there is no statement and we just work away in the background and unearth a couple of gems :)

A_A wehatethehibs

The only statement needed from Ann now is that she is standing down in the summer and will leave along with Levein. 

Statements don't mean shit we've had more than enough waffle and pish from the club past few years.

We'll know well enough end of the transfer window if they've learned anything

Ann Budge can still make a statement while DS is trying to recruit players.

A statement about how she's going to appoint someone who can actually run a football club of our size would be marvellous. 

alwaysthereinspirit
52 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Don't think a statement is the answer, however signings with scarf's above heads should be happening NOW! Stendel is quick to dump players he doesn't want so knowing who he does want should be easy enough and we should ( maybe not push the boat out ) be getting the cash book open and getting some work done. If it's down to McPhee and Levein I would suspect a deliberate go slow. We need players in and working with the Stendel system so we are up to speed for the first game.

I know Jan is the not best time ( and being bottom doesn't help,) and we want quality not quantity, but other clubs are signing and we always seem to wait until the end of the window and usually end up with crap.

If Stendel wants player A, B and C and Budge tells him he has 3,000, 4,000 and 5,000 pounds to spend should we then spend 6,000, 7,000 and 8,000 pounds to sign them. You say don’t push the boat out but to get the cash book open.

Make up my mind.

Think we tried going in that “money is no option” direction before.

That became the birth of FoH.