Vanecek speaks

Matthew Le Tissier

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

It’s you that’s needing to behave 

Your an absolute joke of a poster 

some of the stuff you come out with just reeks of hibs 

Why? You promote the cause of failure time and time again, and be continually negative about what needs to happen to sort it

Hearts supporter my arse 

People have different views. The vast majority spend our days speculating. Try and accept not everyone sees things as you do.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Bazzas right boot

• RudiHMFC

• Hearts1975

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Typical man management in ruining players by the total imposter that is Craig Levein. 

I struggle now to type his name such is my hate for the man

Behave yourself.

Vanacek : a byword for incompetence.  

That's the moment when you knew CL had no clue as to what was going on. *

Not   a fkg clue. He sacked the guy after how many weeks of not being fit , which included a winter break when the "fitness" coaches were all over him. 

Or maybe Cole Stockton. *

1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

People have different views. The vast majority spend our days speculating. Try and accept not everyone sees things as you do.

I have no issue with different viewpoints. Indeed that’s the whole point of having a forum 

However when someone posts and gives continual evasive responses and provide absolutely no reasoned justification (even when invited to do so) for what they are saying in their posts then the whole thing becomes a sham 

When someone posts continual drivel with no rationale behind it, it’s no wonder that they are being called out for it.

Maybe if you opened your eyes and read some of these comments on all threads and by certain posters you would identify with this as well

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

This is true Jamhammer. 

Don't you think that it's a bit odd that this story is brought out now though? Maybe he's looking for a move and sees this as a way of removing the blot from his copybook?

The truth is, and I would hope that most supporters would agree, that Vanacek was not fit and was very poor when he arrived. He had several chances to prove himself and failed miserably.

The earlier comparison of Vanceks introduction to Uches was ridiculous. IMO.

He's training in Spain with his current team at the same complex as Hibs, is it not simply that a journalist over there following Hibs has had a wee chat with him?

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

He's training in Spain with his current team at the same complex as Hibs, is it not simply that a journalist over there following Hibs has had a wee chat with him?

I'm quite impressed he's still getting paid to play football.

3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Levein called Vanacek out in public

Stendel called Berra and Whelan out in public.

They were both right. Close thread. Ridiculous debate.

True.  

The difference is, though, Levein signed Vanecek.  Levein trained him, and Levein picked him, when he must have known he was not fit enough.  

4 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Does is show Craig Levein in a bad light? I'm not sure how.

It is old news anyway. We should be more concerned about what is happening at the club now.

Gie yersel peace.

4 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The most overhyped player since the Bosnian bullet. Another Levein masterstroke.

Tend to agree with this. Rather than look stupid for signing him, Levein hung him out to dry. 

The reason the interview was done was because it is a year to the day since we signed him and as another poster said he is training next to the Hibs camp. Good on him not coming out and slating the club or manager at first opportunity ala Berra and Whelan.

People comparing it to Stendel getting rid of Whelan and Berra is crazy. Both of them have been underperforming for at least 3 months, Vanecek underperformed for 35 minutes in his second game for the club, in what was basically pre season for him. And this was after Levein hyped him up in the media after he had arrived and been training with the team. 

I’m not saying his fitness or ability were up to scratch, was difficult to say after 1 and a half games, but his treatment by Levein was very poor. The usual suspects are of course defending Levein for some bizarre reason.

The most interesting part of the interview was about Bobby being happy when Levein was sacked. Good to hear. 

Edited by karipidis

I’ll blame Levien for a lot of things (and I mean a lot), but not this. He signed a guy who was scoring goals in a decent league. We all saw the clips online. And then some guy turned up after his holiday who looked like the player’s much fatter brother. The blame for this falls squarely on DV. The only blame I would put on CL is that he played him too early and should’ve kept him out of the team until he got fit. As for his treatment, how would any of us be treated if we turned up for work unable to do our job? 

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

He didn't like very good but we'll never know how good he could have been without the Levein shit-show that employed him. 

With decent players around him and a manager who knew what he was doing, who knows?

I guess if your auntie had baws she'd be your uncle. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

It should have been ten
6 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Absolutely this, boring asf now.

It should have been ten
7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Typical man management in ruining players by the total imposter that is Craig Levein. 

I struggle now to type his name such is my hate for the man

Drama queen :lol:

6 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Who knows? Maybe Levein was right but we’ll never know. We aren’t there everyday hearing or seeing what’s going on.

But on the face of it, Vanacek was in the club the length of a tea break and bizarrely frozen out very quickly. 

Berra and Whelan are 30 somethings with huge experience, background and expected to give much better than they were as decent earners. Again, I suppose we don’t know fully what led to their banishment. 

Seems like a decent bloke with nice things to say about Edinburgh and the fans, at least he's not bitter - simply wasn't good enough IMO. Yet another expensive flop. 

Interesting to hear that Bobby obviously agreed with the managerial change. 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, grumpy rebus said:

I’ll blame Levien for a lot of things (and I mean a lot), but not this. He signed a guy who was scoring goals in a decent league. We all saw the clips online. And then some guy turned up after his holiday who looked like the player’s much fatter brother. The blame for this falls squarely on DV. The only blame I would put on CL is that he played him too early and should’ve kept him out of the team until he got fit. As for his treatment, how would any of us be treated if we turned up for work unable to do our job? 

It would have taken no more than 4 weeks to whip DV into shape.

I think it's a pretty classy interview all things considered. 

He's scored 5 goals in 13 games for his new club in the Hungarian top flight. Meanwhile, our forwards this season... 

Edited by blairdin

So I shared the Brandon locker story so it’s only fair I share the Vanecek info as well. He was miles off it. It was a joke how much of a laughing stock this guy had become with the players and the coaches. His touch was awful, passing was awful and he couldn’t finish. The players expected this natural finisher, the man that was gonna solve all their problems in front of goal etc and instead got a boy that couldn’t even score in training. Yeah Levein could’ve handle the Dundee game situation better but that’s where this stops for levein. The boy just wasn’t up to it at Hearts. 

I think l’ll always wonder what might have been with David Vanacek. The amount of players we’ve signed who weren’t ready fitness wise and had their debuts delayed as a result is pretty frightening. So, how did Levein fail to spot he wasn’t fit enough after a week or two? Why wasn’t his debut delayed like many others in order to get his fitness up? I’ve never done proper football training but I’m led to believe if you’re not up to speed you’ll be found out pretty quickly, even if you think you’re fit. 

Anyway, the guy was thrown in against arguably the toughest opponent we could have had at that time outwith the gruesome twosome, just over a month after the capitulation in Livingston. He performed to an acceptable level, no more, and provided an excellent assist for a goal that paved the way to Hampden. Three days later he’s the scapegoat for an absolutely horrendous first 30 minutes against the worst side in the league. We were in Dundee’s half about twice in that time and he was booked and rightly so. I remember thinking at the time he must be being subbed to save him from a red because he was chasing lost causes and looking like he might throw himself into another challenge out of frustration but I thought he was showing more passion than the ten behind him. By the time the rest had woken up and started to push forward he’d been taken off. I was amazed by Levein’s after match comments which, Mr Whelan, was a genuine case of someone being thrown under a bus.

Thereafter, he had a half at Hamilton (again, what might have been if his shot hadn’t hit the bar) and a half at Dundee, where we started well and were a goal up inside 10 minutes. Both games we were considerably worse in the 2nd half incidentally with Uche leading the line. 

I think Vanacek simply wasn’t the big guy Levein wanted. Levein seemed (past tense, thank God) to want giants who’ll take the ball in and barge past opponents like Jonah Lomu. Vanacek was more about laying the ball off first time or flicking it “round the corner” for wingers or fellow strikers to run on to. There was one instance at Hamilton where he did this and if Shitehouse Mulraney had read it and hadn’t stopped running, he’d have had the freedom of Hamilton to run in on goal. Instead it trickled out for a throw and Vanacek was the one who was subbed at halftime by our Special One.

I bear no ill will towards David Vanacek, this particular chapter of disaster is firmly Levein’s responsibility. 

It shows Levein in a bad light whatever happened here.

Either he's shit, in which case we shouldn't have ever signed him or he's decent and massively mismanaged. In both cases that reflects very badly on Levein.

5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

So I shared the Brandon locker story so it’s only fair I share the Vanecek info as well. He was miles off it. It was a joke how much of a laughing stock this guy had become with the players and the coaches. His touch was awful, passing was awful and he couldn’t finish. The players expected this natural finisher, the man that was gonna solve all their problems in front of goal etc and instead got a boy that couldn’t even score in training. Yeah Levein could’ve handle the Dundee game situation better but that’s where this stops for levein. The boy just wasn’t up to it at Hearts. 

That’s fair enough but I think most fans didn’t even have a proper chance to make their minds up. 100% Levein and the scouting staff to blame then. 

8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

So he was targeted? Instead of being built back to form. What way is that to treat a new signing. It actually makes me think the squad might be a problem for DS.

Edited by ri Alban

Interesting that he still seems to be positive about the experience and talks very well of the fans; which is interesting as I've read on here everything is the fans fault and not Levein or Budge.

He must be lying then...

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Said he was fit but yet he felt he needed to tell us why he may not have been fit.

Another clown that didn't want to take responsibility 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

What was bizarre was after the whole Dundee and “he’s rubbish” stuff, he came on vs Celtic a month later when we were defending a 1-1 draw with 10 men. Uche was our MotM and Celtic couldn’t handle him. He looked knackered but a 25% Uche was still more effective than Vanacek, and that substitution meant we no longer held the ball up top and Celtic kept knocking at the door, eventually getting that sickening late winner.

If what busby says is right that he was a joke amongst the staff why on earth bring him on when trying to secure a draw against the champions when we’re down to 10 men no less. fair enough if he was frozen out completely after Dundee and never showed he was fit in training. His fleeting appearances just seemed to be CL trying to show the rest of us what the problem was (and Stewart and other media after the criticism CL got after the Dundee game ) 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

So he was targeted? Instead of being built back to form. What way is that to treat a new signing. Sounds like the squad might be a problem for DS.

I think it’s a bit of both. When the teams doing crap and they hear about signings they get as excited as we do, especially the ones that don’t want to be getting abuse aimed at them every week. Vanecek arrived with a big fan fare, something that instantly disappeared when the players saw him train. He wasn’t fit, he couldn’t speak English and he wasn’t very good at football. Football changing rooms are hard places and Vanecek just never seemed to fit in. Given what we know now about the changing room environment, the players carry a lot of the blame for this. Anyway, I don’t think Levein can be solely blamed for this one. 

Really weird circumstances with Vanecek.  I think the only person who can give some clear insight into what went on is Levein as I'm still none the wiser after reading that.

7 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I think it’s a bit of both. When the teams doing crap and they hear about signings they get as excited as we do, especially the ones that don’t want to be getting abuse aimed at them every week. Vanecek arrived with a big fan fare, something that instantly disappeared when the players saw him train. He wasn’t fit, he couldn’t speak English and he wasn’t very good at football. Football changing rooms are hard places and Vanecek just never seemed to fit in. Given what we know now about the changing room environment, the players carry a lot of the blame for this. Anyway, I don’t think Levein can be solely blamed for this one. 

Some of that lot accusing anyone of being shite at football, is a bit of a cheek. A new lad in a foreign country being ridiculed by his new team mates. I'd be shite anaw.

I'm away to work, I'm starting to get a bit angry about this. 👍

Edited by ri Alban

He was shite. Even in the game against livi when he assIsted Clare he was shite. Looked like an unfit lower league player and Levein sussed him out and tried to pin the blame on DV. Another shocking piece of recruitment among far too many shocking signings. 

Edited by GinRummy

11 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

What was bizarre was after the whole Dundee and “he’s rubbish” stuff, he came on vs Celtic a month later when we were defending a 1-1 draw with 10 men. Uche was our MotM and Celtic couldn’t handle him. He looked knackered but a 25% Uche was still more effective than Vanacek, and that substitution meant we no longer held the ball up top and Celtic kept knocking at the door, eventually getting that sickening late winner.

If what busby says is right that he was a joke amongst the staff why on earth bring him on when trying to secure a draw against the champions when we’re down to 10 men no less. fair enough if he was frozen out completely after Dundee and never showed he was fit in training. His fleeting appearances just seemed to be CL trying to show the rest of us what the problem was (and Stewart and other media after the criticism CL got after the Dundee game ) 

As I said in my post, he didn’t ever look like the hold it up and barge past defenders type of big guy. Having said that, he used his body fairly well just prior to their winner. I remember moaning at the time that he was hauled to the ground by Ajer in injury time that night and we were not awarded a free kick which would have resulted in a vital wasted 30 seconds. A bit reminiscent of the calls we never seem to get because our strikers are units.

Fire_At_The_Disco
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He was shite. Even in the game against livi when he assIsted Clare he was shite. Looked like an unfit lower league player and Levein sussed him out and tried to pin the blame on DV. Another shocking piece of recruitment among far too many shocking signings. 

Levein sussed him out? 

Away u go man! He couldn’t suss out a player if it was Robaldo standing in front of him the egostatistical bam! Loads of players brought to the club were the responsibility of Levein and his cronies, only half a dozen were worth their salt. 

Van the man was never given a reasonable kick at the ball,  if you take McLean or Ushe as an example they had loads of shite games with very little return.

At the end of the day we all know the problem and it wasn’t Vanecek. 

2 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Levein sussed him out? 

Away u go man! He couldn’t suss out a player if it was Robaldo standing in front of him the egostatistical bam! Loads of players brought to the club were the responsibility of Levein and his cronies, only half a dozen were worth their salt. 

Van the man was never given a reasonable kick at the ball,  if you take McLean or Ushe as an example they had loads of shite games with very little return.

At the end of the day we all know the problem and it wasn’t Vanecek. 

He sussed out he made a mistake signing him and pushed all the blame for that onto Vanacech. 

As for the rest, he was never going to be good enough for hearts that’s why he was emptied. Looked unfit and clueless and the fact he’s ended up at a shite Hungarian side says it all. Just because levein is a clown doesn’t make DV a good player ffs.

8 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Done fine against Livi. Hung out to dry after that. Still remember listening to Leveins radio comments about him. Shameful. Shameful.

8 hours ago, tian447 said:

Surprisingly chilled out insight, he doesn't seem that bitter about it all, and even still looks out for our results.  Feel bad for him, he really got the shite end of the stick. 

Would love to know what the actual **** was going through Levein's mind after all the build up.  

8 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

CL thought that by blasting him in the press it would give him a kick up the arse. It didnt, it broke his confidence as a young man in a strange town with little language. CL took a gamble on this approach and it didn't pay off.

Out of interest, am I the only one who thought Vanacek was playing better than Keena was that day?

This was a catastrophic example of man management by Levein. In the couple of games I saw Vanacek, even if he didn't look a world beater, he looked decent and certainly didn't look unfit.

It seems that if CL took a dislike to you for whatever reason then you were out, the same thing happened to Ryan Edwards and others.

Fire_At_The_Disco
12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He sussed out he made a mistake signing him and pushed all the blame for that onto Vanacech. 

As for the rest, he was never going to be good enough for hearts that’s why he was emptied. Looked unfit and clueless and the fact he’s ended up at a shite Hungarian side says it all. Just because levein is a clown doesn’t make DV a good player ffs.

The fact is though that Vancek scores goals for teams that would absolutely hoover us atm. 

8 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Does is show Craig Levein in a bad light? I'm not sure how.

It is old news anyway. We should be more concerned about what is happening at the club now.

I don't really pay attention to Hibs.

If he had scored at Hamilton away instead of hitting the bar, he might’ve kicked on. Guess we’ll never know though. Levein destroyed his confidence. Wether he was good or not, it was a shameful way to treat a new foreign player 

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Disappointing if he was really that far away, but surely Levein saw that in training.  So why did he still pick him?  That is probably his biggest mistake.  

7 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

The fact is though that Vancek scores goals for teams that would absolutely hoover us atm. 

At the moment we’re utterly terrible though. He wasn’t the answer. Was he treated harshly? Aye probably but for me he’s just another in a long list of terrible signings. 

Governor Tarkin

The young man was 27. 

But you are right. It seems odd behaviour for CL to behave in the way he did. Unless of course his version of events is closer to the truth than Vanaceks?

What? That he signed another player that wasn't up to it?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Blame on both sides I’d say. Vanecek didn’t seem at all ready for what he was getting into but no surprise either to read about Levein’s woeful management of him.

Governor Tarkin

How do I work what out?

How to extract your head from your own arse before posting.

pettigrewsstylist
9 hours ago, Matthew Le Tissier said:

Shafted Zlamal whilst Darth Levein still slopes the corridors! 😲 prob lost in translation, but didnt write well 😂

Edited by pettigrewsstylist