• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Bazzas right boot

• RudiHMFC

• Hearts1975

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't like very good but we'll never know how good he could have been without the Levein shit-show that employed him. 

With decent players around him and a manager who knew what he was doing, who knows?

Ricardo Shillyshally

Done fine against Livi. Hung out to dry after that. Still remember listening to Leveins radio comments about him. Shameful. Shameful.

Typical man management in ruining players by the total imposter that is Craig Levein. 

I struggle now to type his name such is my hate for the man

Edited by 1971fozzy

Surprisingly chilled out insight, he doesn't seem that bitter about it all, and even still looks out for our results.  Feel bad for him, he really got the shite end of the stick. 

Would love to know what the actual **** was going through Levein's mind after all the build up.  

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

Can’t be right. Oor Craig was a fantastic man manager as well as an astute tactician. 

and and and....... he still thought he could fix it 😂😂😂😂 

sickens me to see his name on the new stand. Absolutely sickens me

rudi must stay

Yes it shows Levein in a bad light, but also shows Vanacek in a bad light. We have picked up a lot of guys recently who have done "brilliant" in their own minds, not that they did at all. Look at Zlamal too, not even playing, does he care? Not a jot. These guys float from club to club

Edited by rudi must stay

Does is show Craig Levein in a bad light? I'm not sure how.

It is old news anyway. We should be more concerned about what is happening at the club now.

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

and and and....... he still thought he could fix it 😂😂😂😂 

sickens me to see his name on the new stand. Absolutely sickens me

Sickens me as well

I keep having a pop at CL and I’m getting tired of doing it myself but I just can’t stop doing it for the fact that I hold him in such contempt given what he has done to our club.

Even more so, the fact that he thinks Its still ok to hang around and pick up his salary until his contract runs dry

He has Zero integrity in my eyes 

Interesting article. Sounds like levein was trying to make someone a scapegoat for his own short comings.

He puts bobby in the shit a bit by saying he was glad levein's away! 😂😂

Would be good to see vanacek under stendel.

CL thought that by blasting him in the press it would give him a kick up the arse. It didnt, it broke his confidence as a young man in a strange town with little language. CL took a gamble on this approach and it didn't pay off.

Out of interest, am I the only one who thought Vanacek was playing better than Keena was that day?

6 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

CL thought that by blasting him in the press it would give him a kick up the arse. It didnt, it broke his confidence as a young man in a strange town with little language. CL took a gamble on this approach and it didn't pay off.

Out of interest, am I the only one who thought Vanacek was playing better than Keena was that day?

The young man was 27. 

But you are right. It seems odd behaviour for CL to behave in the way he did. Unless of course his version of events is closer to the truth than Vanaceks?

Just now, Spoleto said:

Behave yourself.

It’s you that’s needing to behave 

Your an absolute joke of a poster 

some of the stuff you come out with just reeks of hibs 

Why? You promote the cause of failure time and time again, and be continually negative about what needs to happen to sort it

Hearts supporter my arse 

Doctor FinnBarr
10 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

The young man was 27. 

But you are right. It seems odd behaviour for CL to behave in the way he did. Unless of course his version of events is closer to the truth than Vanaceks?

Aye, like you're the "fountain of knowledge" right enough

My name is Roy
40 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Done fine against Livi. Hung out to dry after that. Still remember listening to Leveins radio comments about him. Shameful. Shameful.

Youtube signing. . . .

He Looked good on the 'tube'

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Levein called Vanacek out in public

Stendel called Berra and Whelan out in public.

They were both right. Close thread. Ridiculous debate.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

11 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Why? You promote the cause of failure time and time again, and be continually negative about what needs to happen to sort it

Hearts supporter my arse 

Ah yes. 

I remember now. 

Vanacek WASN'T slated by supporters for being slow and unfit at the time. Was he?

43 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

He was doing ok against Dundee too, just another completely bizarre story to add to the list i suppose. Easy to say 'he was shite' after 125 minutes of football, the guy didn't get a chance.

Never seen Levein hooking MacLean and calling him shite despite being shite in 95% of his many appearances.

Guest ToqueJambo

Funny how someone seemingly treated extremely badly has better things to say about Hearts than two players - Berra and Whelan - treated generally very well. Who knows what went on behind the scenes with all of them.  I suspect Vanacek knows he messed up to some degree, and Whelan and Berra both know themselves they had no right to expect any favours from Stendel given how poor our form has been with both of them the most experienced, highest level regular players in the team.

Something I love about supporting Hearts is how so many players from outwith Scotland get so attached to us so quickly. Apart from Whelan it seems, especially as it seems we bent over backwards to give him everything he wanted to keep in shape for Ireland.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

He was doing ok against Dundee too, just another completely bizarre story to add to the list i suppose. Easy to say 'he was shite' after 125 minutes of football, the guy didn't get a chance.

Never seen Levein hooking MacLean and calling him shite despite being shite in 95% of his many appearances.

The same Maclean that Stendel has been (unfortunately) playing.

30 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

It is old news anyway. We should be more concerned about what is happening at the club now.

You obviously missed the bit in the interview where Vanecek mentioned that neither CL, or anyone else, talked to him about the decision to substitute him early and subsequently drop him. On the subject of his manager, he said "We didn't speak, so I don't know". If Vanecek is telling the truth, then that's shocking man-management.

So, either you didn't actually read the article or you're on the wind-up. Which is it?

Edited by redjambo

28 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

17 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Hearts supporter my arse 

This should put it in context for you

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

You obviously missed the bit in the interview where Vanecek mentioned that neither CL, or anyone else, talked to him about the decision to substitute him early and subsequently dropped him. On the subject of his manager, he said "We didn't speak, so I don't know". If Vanecek is telling the truth, then that's shocking man-management.

So, either you didn't actually read the article or you're on the wind-up. Which is it?

Yes, I read the article redjambo. 

The point is, and you have said it yourself, "If Vanacek is telling the truth". 

You don't know if he is, and I don't know if he is. So it's a pointless article. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Putting aside how he was treated (allegedly), are people really trying to suggest he looked anything other than unfit and mediocre in a Hearts shirt in his few appearances? Levein's on record saying Vanacek apologised to him for his fitness. Who knows why he wasn't given more time to get fit though.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Putting aside how he was treated (allegedly), are people really trying to suggest he looked anything other than unfit and mediocre in a Hearts shirt in his few appearances? Levein's on record saying Vanacek apologised to him for his fitness. Who knows why he wasn't given more time to get fit though.

What, like the rest of the players? Look at the state of the majority of Uche's performances, haul him off and call him rubbish.

I think it’s more the fact that Levein has f..... up that many times with the support in telling us that everything would be alright that when something like this happens, the automatic reaction is that he has f..... up again 

Even if he was right 

36 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Sickens me as well

I keep having a pop at CL and I’m getting tired of doing it myself but I just can’t stop doing it for the fact that I hold him in such contempt given what he has done to our club.

Even more so, the fact that he thinks Its still ok to hang around and pick up his salary until his contract runs dry

He has Zero integrity in my eyes 

yep. I watched him as a player from 1985 and all that has been washed away now. Like you and others I’m tired of continually talking about him but that’s because he is still here ! Beggars belief. It’s literally unbelievable 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

What, like the rest of the players? Look at the state of the majority of Uche's performances, haul him off and call him rubbish.

Uche's first 5 games were night and day compared to Vanacek's. One played his heart out, ran himself into the ground, dominated defences, scored goals, had assists and helped us to the top of the league. One didn't.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

You're comparing Vanaceks performances to Uches ?

Uche's first 5 games were night and day compared to Vanacek's. One played his heart out, ran himself into the ground, dominated defences, scored goals and helped us to the top of the league. One didn't.

One played one game and assisted the only goal of the game and was hauled off after half an hour days later :lol: what chance has he got?

Uche is utter piss, his goal record is woeful and so is his general play, don't care less how much pointless running he does, blowing out his arse after 20 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

You don't know if he is, and I don't know if he is. So it's a pointless article. 

In that case, why ever read anything? All such articles are pointless according to your argument. Always remembering to keep a wee voice in the back of your head saying "this might not be the truth", it is reasonable that folk read things and then analyse and critique them, coming to their own conclusions.

In your post above, you said "Does it show Craig Levein in a bad light? I'm not sure how.". That indicated that you were taking Vanecek's comments at face value but were subsequently dismissing them as not showing that CL had done anything wrong (which is a strange conclusion to come to if it is true that CL did not communicate at all with Vanecek about his situation). You said nothing about Vanecek's comments not necessarily being true, only adding that argument later on.

It seriously looks as if you are on the wind-up here. I'm sorry to see that and don't know what you get out of it.

3 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

One played one game and assisted the only goal of the game and was hauled off after half an hour days later :lol: what chance has he got?

Uche is utter piss, his goal record is woeful and so is his general play, don't care less how much pointless running he does, blowing out his arse after 20 minutes.

Vanacek got more chances and didn't take them.

Nicholas Brody
2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

How do you work that one out?

StevenNaismith

As much as CL hung the guy out to dry he still states in that interview that there wasn’t an issue with his fitness. He is telling porkies as his fitness was awful, without a doubt the biggest pair of shorts I’ve seen on a professional footballer. 

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

In that case, why ever read anything? All such articles are pointless according to your argument. Always remembering to keep a wee voice in the back of your head saying "this might not be the truth", it is reasonable that folk read things and then analyse and critique them, coming to their own conclusions.

In your post above, you said "Does it show Craig Levein in a bad light? I'm not sure how.". That indicated that you were taking Vanecek's comments at face value but were subsequently dismissing them as not showing that CL had done anything wrong (which is a strange conclusion to come to if it is true that CL did not communicate at all with Vanecek about his situation). You said nothing about Vanecek's comments not necessarily being true, only adding that argument later on.

It seriously looks as if you are on the wind-up here. I'm sorry to see that and don't know what you get out of it.

Eh no. 

It indicated that I WASN'T taking Vanaceks comments at face value. 

In fact I would go as far as saying that I do not believe Vanaceks comments.

Why did he not comment at the time? Why comment now? Why mention Zamal in his comments?

It all seems a bit strange to me.

To quote your good self - "It seriously looks as if you are on the wind-up here. I'm sorry to see that and don't know what you get out of it."

6 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Don't talk shite, there was no way back for him after the Dundee game, throwing him in for 45 minutes away at Hamilton after being frozen out for weeks, just utterly dreadful management from a dreadful manager.

Would 100% believe what vanecek has to say over anything Levein came up with.

Nicholas Brody
3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

How do I work what out?

It's really not a difficult question.

I quoted your post, the one below which I'll quote again.

9 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I then asked how you worked that out. 

How did you work out that Vanacek got more chances and didn't take them?

1 minute ago, Nicholas Brody said:

It's really not a difficult question.

I quoted your post, the one below which I'll quote again.

I then asked how you worked that out. 

How did you work out that Vanacek got more chances and didn't take them?

And I'll say again. 

Vanacek got more chances and didn't take them. I really can't make that any simpler.

6 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Don't talk shite, there was no way back for him after the Dundee game, throwing him in for 45 minutes away at Hamilton after being frozen out for weeks, just utterly dreadful management from a dreadful manager.

Would 100% believe what vanecek has to say over anything Levein came up with.

That's your prerogative Rudi. We're all entitled to our opinions.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The most overhyped player since the Bosnian bullet. Another Levein masterstroke.

Close run thing between Vanachek and Oshiniwa. 

32 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

In this case aren’t all articles pointless? Who knows what the truth is? You? Me? Craig? It’s Vanaceck’s side of the story!

Just now, Jamhammer said:

In this case aren’t all articles pointless? Who knows what the truth is? You? Me? Craig? It’s Vanaceck’s side of the story!

This is true Jamhammer. 

Don't you think that it's a bit odd that this story is brought out now though? Maybe he's looking for a move and sees this as a way of removing the blot from his copybook?

The truth is, and I would hope that most supporters would agree, that Vanacek was not fit and was very poor when he arrived. He had several chances to prove himself and failed miserably.

The earlier comparison of Vanceks introduction to Uches was ridiculous. IMO.

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

This is true Jamhammer. 

Don't you think that it's a bit odd that this story is brought out now though? Maybe he's looking for a move and sees this as a way of removing the blot from his copybook?

The truth is, and I would hope that most supporters would agree, that Vanacek was not fit and was very poor when he arrived. He had several chances to prove himself and failed miserably.

The earlier comparison of Vanceks introduction to Uches was ridiculous. IMO.

It’s printed in the Evening News. If there’s a negative Hearts tale to be told they’ll be all over it like a tramp on chips.

FWIW they whole Vanacek thing baffled me. He wasn’t even the worst player in his “rubbish” game and I don’t know what your definition of several is but it differs from mine.

If he was so unfit I’m surprised it wasn’t spotted in training to be honest.

Edited by Jamhammer