• Sharpie

• The Real Maroonblood

Space Mackerel

Here is my take on the whole saga.

Diana has bairn with James Hewit

Harrys maw gets slotted by dark forces

Harry has no "blood" tied to the throne, obviously

Queenie wants rid or Harry will grass

Harry ****s off to Canada with his bird.

Queenie breathes huge sigh of relief

The end.

3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Just straight Markle; ditch the Wales altogether. 

Moron - I can hardly bring myself to write his name - is Piers Morgan-Twat.

Does anyone even listen to that mealy-mouthed loser?  He couldn't even successfully take over from Larry King, which is a very low bar to clear.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Gurning about press intrusion already.   Threatening legal action blah blah.

Aye?   **** ye.    

Makes you wonder just what did they expect, that the press would just leave them alone.

Didn't they realise that by doing what they did they are a bigger story now than they've ever been.

The paparazzi will follow them relentlessly and Harry & Meghan will probably not have the same level of security than they did when they were HRH's.

annushorribilis III
21 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Does anyone even listen to that mealy-mouthed loser?  He couldn't even successfully take over from Larry King, which is a very low bar to clear.

If you're on Twitter have a look at @carolecadwalla take down of Piers Morgan.  A thing of beauty.

annushorribilis III
12 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Aye?   **** ye.    

It's blatant racism and the Daily Mail has been leading the way in slagging her off for doing the very things it praised the fragrant Kate Commoner for : there's some great examples on twitter of specific items showing this. . I couldn't care less about any of the royal family but this is about more than "intrusion". 

Piers Morgan should be in jail for authorising phone hacking at the Daily Mirror.

How he's got away with that is one of the big mysteries. 

24 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Aye?   **** ye.    

Aye it's a good thing that the scummy press can hide in bushes and take photos of you inside your home to make money. That sort of behaviour should be encouraged. 

I have no illusions about the press but Mr & Mrs Wales (or whatever) clearly plan to finance their lifestyle via their position and fame.     Their marketability is their intended meal ticket.    Did they really think it was a commodity that can be turned on and off at will?

Edited by Victorian

They and we only live once.

Born into a kind of slavery.

I'm on their side.

And if any royal wishes to turn their back on that then they should be helped by the system which put them there.

Nicholas Witchell is a lickbum and his reporting has been editorial .

Really is time we wound down the monarchy.

Meghan has been the target of racism. 

And everyone has the right to do what they want, something I would always encourage.

And the particular targeting is due to that people see the Royal Family as white. Representing the English nation. 

I think others might say though that not standing up and fighting it. Living your life. Being a role model. Changing things. All that could be seen as letting down black people. Everywhere. An opportunity missed. Badly. Perhaps because of other reasons. Selfish reasons. 

Black people here and elsewhere including USA and Canada are standing up to racism. Ignoring it and getting on. 

If they wanted a purists' break from the misery of their previous position then their intended sources of income would be entirely unrelated to their previous position.    They would seek a source of income that was not derived from their royal commodity.

But they're not doing that,   are they?    

She has faced racism but blanket media attention and even intrusion is not caused by racist attitudes towards her.    If anyone is trying to sell that pup then try next door.     No way Pedro.

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

You’ve got the queen’s phone number?

Ah, the old jokes are the best. :)

Shame they're not off to Jamaica.

11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

She has faced racism but blanket media attention and even intrusion is not caused by racist attitudes towards her.    If anyone is trying to sell that pup then try next door.     No way Pedro.

Not sure about Canada.

But the US tabloids and gossip magazines (National Enquirer etc) are as brutal if not more so than UK. 

Edited by Mikey1874

45 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not sure about Canada.

But the US tabloids and gossip magazines (National Enquirer etc) are as brutal if not more so than UK. 

If the gossip papers want pictures of them, there will certainly be freelance papparazi who will be glad to oblige.

20 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

If the gossip papers want pictures of them, there will certainly be freelance papparazi who will be glad to oblige.

Which they will, and quite probably more now, because people will want to know how they are getting on being a normal family.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

They are moaning about the attention and coverage here while actively planning to seek attention in spades on the other side of the Atlantic. To think they can dictate the positivity of the coverage is unbelievably arrogant, but not surprising.

One thing on the racism - it’s almost to Markle’s advantage that she can claim to be the victim of racism because it masks the fact that she’s generally a self-centred boot.

The half blood prince and his gold digger bitch cashing in on the HRH sticks in my throat a bit.  If he wants to be a private citizen then that's what he should be, far as I can see this has cost him nothing. 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

They are moaning about the attention and coverage here while actively planning to seek attention in spades on the other side of the Atlantic. To think they can dictate the positivity of the coverage is unbelievably arrogant, but not surprising.

One thing on the racism - it’s almost to Markle’s advantage that she can claim to be the victim of racism because it masks the fact that she’s generally a self-centred boot.

They are now moaning about the paparazzi and the 'intrusion' in Canada as Meghan was photographed yesterday out walking with Archie & the dogs in what I think was a public park.

This is what all the latest 'intrusion' and threats of legal action which surfaced today are all about, nothing to do with the UK but in Canada.

24 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

What has she actually done to deserve being called 'self centred boot' or 'gold digger bitch'? 

Never understood that one myself either, especially being called a gold digger when she's worth millions herself.

40 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

What has she actually done to deserve being called 'self centred boot' or 'gold digger bitch'? 

Nothing. People just like to hate.

Royal or not I don't really care but they are being silly if they think this will reduce the attention from the world and to start threatening people for taking pictures will backfire on them

Accusing the paparazzi of camping outside their property...so what they are outside and you'd better get used to it

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

She's been a little bit black, hasn't she? 

SectionDJambo

Sadly, the problem isn’t really the photographers. It’s the people who want to pay, by buying the newspapers or clicking onto them online, who are the problem.

If there was no market for the photos, there would be no point in sending photographers out there.

It is a mystery how people who say they can’t be bothered with the Royal Family, or celebrities in general, seem to be all over any news or photos of them. Or the kind of people who went over the top in the grief show when Diana died, are eager to see her son get the same treatment they were crying over his mother attracting.

It looks like this couple would be better just carrying on with their lives until the next wee wonder for the masses comes along.

5 hours ago, JackLadd said:

The half blood prince and his gold digger bitch cashing in on the HRH sticks in my throat a bit.  If he wants to be a private citizen then that's what he should be, far as I can see this has cost him nothing. 

4 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

4 hours ago, redjambo said:

Nothing. People just like to hate.

Two weeks ago, all members of the royal family were considered to be leeches and parasites. Right here on JKB.

Now, two members of that family have announced that they want to lead independent lives with no support from public funds, and the venom towards those two ramps up.

:wtf:

The Real Maroonblood
12 hours ago, redjambo said:

Ah, the old jokes are the best. :)

Shame they're not off to Jamaica.

She could wear a brand New Jersey.

SectionDJambo
6 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Two weeks ago, all members of the royal family were considered to be leeches and parasites. Right here on JKB.

Now, two members of that family have announced that they want to lead independent lives with no support from public funds, and the venom towards those two ramps up.

Weird, isn’t it.

And now, Channel 5 are doing a documentary on her father. What a nice meal ticket for him, this situation is. The kind of father I’m glad I didn’t have, but the 5 minute monarchy masses will be all over it and believing every word. 
The couple were accused of causing the Queen stress, and disrespecting her by their actions. Now the British media, with the help of the British public, are allowing this man to keep it going.

No wonder they’re trying to bale out.

7 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

The "venom" directed their way relates to the fact that they want to renounce their public exposure,  royal status whilst supporting their so-called independent life on their royal marketability.    It's not credible to claim full privacy while exploiting their royal commodity for financial gain.     Worse is the seemingly hostile sentiments being directed towards the media world when that very same media world will earn them untold wealth.

You don't tend to get something for nothing in this world.    They're not the first people to mistakenly believe that fame can be switched on and off at one's own convenience of course.

Independent life with a credible claim to a normal private life = not exploiting your fame.    Simple as that.

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The "venom" directed their way relates to the fact that they want to renounce their public exposure,  royal status whilst supporting their so-called independent life on their royal marketability.    It's not credible to claim full privacy while exploiting their royal commodity for financial gain.     Worse is the seemingly hostile sentiments being directed towards the media world when that very same media world will earn them untold wealth.

You don't tend to get something for nothing in this world.    They're not the first people to mistakenly believe that fame can be switched on and off at one's own convenience of course.

Independent life with a credible claim to a normal private life = not exploiting your fame.    Simple as that.

Yep you want out of the limelight then do all you can to disappear. 
Somehow I doubt that’s what they really want. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yep you want out of the limelight then do all you can to disappear. 
Somehow I doubt that’s what they really want. 

It's just almost comical dellusion to believe you can take complete control of the nature of existence they propose.   The premise of private life they're attempting to portray is entirely bogus.

3 hours ago, Victorian said:

It's not clear what they're going to do yet, so we'll have to wait and see if they actually exploit their previous status as royals.

From me, regardless of that, they get a big thumbs-up for refusing to accept public funds.

12 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

It's not clear what they're going to do yet, so we'll have to wait and see if they actually exploit their previous status as royals.

From me, regardless of that, they get a big thumbs-up for refusing to accept public funds.

Sorry but it is pretty clear that whatever form their future earnings take,   it will be derived on the basis of their existing position and status.     Unless of course we are to believe they will take normal forms of employment with remunerations at the going industry rates.     Normal jobs as normal people understand.    

Harry is still being funded out of the Duchy of Cornwall.     Not direct public funding of course because the Duchy is a quasi-autonomous business.    But the Duchy only exists in it's wealth creating form as a direct consequence of the Royal Household in general.     It is still wealth derived out of position and privilege.

They are not financially independent.    It's totally naive to swallow that myth.

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Sorry but it is pretty clear that whatever form their future earnings take,   it will be derived on the basis of their existing position and status.     Unless of course we are to believe they will take normal forms of employment with remunerations at the going industry rates.     Normal jobs as normal people understand.    

Harry is still being funded out of the Duchy of Cornwall.     Not direct public funding of course because the Duchy is a quasi-autonomous business.    But the Duchy only exists in it's wealth creating form as a direct consequence of the Royal Household in general.     It is still wealth derived out of position and privilege.

They are not financially independent.    It's totally naive to swallow that myth.

Fair enough.  I see what you're getting at.

Maybe they'll refuse Charlie's money too, and live on Meghan's earnings as an actress!  Forlorn hope. :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Fair enough.  I see what you're getting at.

Maybe they'll refuse Charlie's money too, and live on Meghan's earnings as an actress!  Forlorn hope. :biggrin:

They'll not starve anyway.     It just sticks in the throat a bit that the yarn of their future existence is being deceitfully spun.    I respect their decision and sympathise a bit with their 'woes'.

But they should just be honest about it.

11 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Whose paying for the security ?

You are either in or out not halfway out

I am happy for them to lead the life they want but not happy to pay a penny to them 

Won't be long until the Disney Princess Meghan dolls with 'boyfriend' Harry at her side..just in time for Christmas

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Whose paying for the security ?

You are either in or out not halfway out

I am happy for them to lead the life they want but not happy to pay a penny to them 

Won't be long until the Disney Princess Meghan dolls with 'boyfriend' Harry at her side..just in time for Christmas

There has been no announcement about who will pay for their security in Canada.  I think Trudeau will be treading carefully on that as he will be aware that the vast majority of Canadians do not want the taxpayers to foot the bill. 

I saw on TV last night Harry arriving on a regular West Jet flight in Victoria. He carried his own piece of cxarry on luggage and was just like any other passenger.  There were two pretty substantial looking guys with him i guess security. 

There was also a bit wher news reporters were hanging aroun places they might appear, local rsidents were upset by these reporters and telling them to get lost. I would say the couple are not seeking coverage but are being hunted by reporters.

I P Knightley
10 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

There is a huge amount of inconsistency in the media which is reflected a little bit on JKB (but not with as much hypocrisy). We've got  consistent anti-monarchists who just want shot of the whole lot of them and who seem disappointed that the Markles' 'stepping back' doesn't involve stepping back far enough - least of all from taxpayer funds. 

Being the first time that anyone of such prominence has done this - at least in the age of all-pervasive/intrusive media - it is difficult to know how to do it correctly. 

Unfortunately, the way we've built up the royal family means that it would be irresponsible to cast them adrift with no security etc. Former prime ministers are given round the clock DPG security - it's just that the press don't choose to make a fuss of it. 

I'm ambivalent about the royal family but I do think that a lot of people in the media just like giving an easy target a good kicking. 

21 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Probably down to a few £ million public funds. 

Depending on how you define that. The convention is UK will fund their security costs. Money from his Dad too. 

But they are loaded anyway. 

2 hours ago, cheetah said:

This is old news, this was reported on a few years ago.

But if you want to discuss it, open a thread about it, this thread is about Harry & Meghan.