Harry and Meghan

Crete

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Just been reading they waited till the tax payer footed the £2.4m bill to renovate their house :lol: 

Want all the trappings, paid by their old man (allegedly), their mums estate, queen mothers, security paid by the state too!! What a couple of arseholes! 
End these parasites for christ sake. What a joke!

Which source did you read that from? 

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maple Leaf

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Sharpie

• The Real Maroonblood

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, H2 said:

Which source did you read that from? 

Sorry I said read it was on the news on itv at ten. 

23 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Sorry I said read it was on the news on itv at ten. 

I think you have put a tad of your own spin on that then !

Just now, jack D and coke said:

What spin? 

:jj_facepalm:

"They waited till", I think the comment was more like, "it went through a costly renovation for their use"

Security - It was a question by the commentator - they did not say it would be or that Harry wanted it paid by the state.

"want all the trappings" - no mention of any such comment. It said something like that currently they are funded through his father but it does not say that will continue

etc.

The summary - These are complex matters.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, H2 said:

"They waited till", I think the comment was more like, "it went through a costly renovation for their use"

Security - It was a question by the commentator - they did not say it would be or that Harry wanted it paid by the state.

"want all the trappings" - no mention of any such comment. It said something like that currently they are funded through his father but it does not say that will continue

etc.

That being quite pedantic tbh bud no? The guy was pretty scathing I thought. 
I mibbe added they want all the trappings bit ok but what else would you call it? Who do these people think they are? 
If they want to go and do their own thing then off you go. They should forfeit all monies, homes, titles etc. 
I reckon there should be a vote on this lot after the queen goes. 
The nick of the British media when these things happen. Sickening stuff. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I mibbe added they want all the trappings bit ok but what else would you call it? Who do these people think they are? 
If they want to go and do their own thing then off you go. They should forfeit all monies, homes, titles etc. 

You put your answers to questions and spun it. They might forfeit many things, no one knows yet.

Vote - haven't you had enough votes. We elect MP's / MSP's to make decisions let them do their jobs.

And there is a bigger picture on the financial benefits that come to the country with the Royal Family.

jack D and coke
Just now, H2 said:

You put your answers to questions and spun it. They might forfeit many things, no one knows yet.

Vote - haven't you had enough votes. We elect MP's / MSP's to make decisions let them do their jobs.

And there is a bigger picture on the financial benefits that come to the country with the Royal Family.

Im not sure I buy that one frankly. 
Things like the wedding keeps Britain in the news but as far as money benefits go I’m not convinced. Britain as a whole is dripping in history people would still come, they’d just have to sell something else to make people come. France is the number one destination for worldwide tourists. They don’t have a royal family. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Im not sure I buy that one frankly. 
Things like the wedding keeps Britain in the news but as far as money benefits go I’m not convinced. Britain as a whole is dripping in history people would still come, they’d just have to sell something else to make people come. France is the number one destination for worldwide tourists. They don’t have a royal family. 

Your choice what you buy, but if you choose to do some research on income and expenditure, even just direct income from the Royal Family, it might surprise you.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, H2 said:

Your choice what you buy, but if you choose to do some research on income and expenditure, even just direct income from the Royal Family, it might surprise you.

Maybe. I’ve read stuff about it all before I’m just not sure I believe it. The EU cost us pennies per head and probably made us wealthier yet they spun that into a negative burden that we needed to be free from. 
I don’t believe an awful lot of what the British state tells me tbh. 

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, H2 said:

etc.

BBC 6.00 News - I heard it & couldn't believe it. 

Witchell is a disgrace . A guy who unquestioningly states the royal family has never been so angry  - what, this is worse than Andy's association with a sex pest ? 

Get them all too ****. That wee ginger tosspot gets 2.3 million a year salary and 2.4 million to do up his house when there's folk too skint to feed their kids. 

The Russians had the right idea. 👍🏻

6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

The british press despise them for not playing by the rules and will run every disparaging headline possible to make the public go against them. Don't believe a word of it. 

SThey wont retire from "the firm" this is Henry and his wife using their bargaining clout to get a better say on how they go about their royal duties and that his wife is not treated differently because of her DNA. He is well aware how his late mum played the victim very well and got the media on her side against those beastly Windsors

To be fair to him, if I was in some dead end job, fifth in line for a promotion that won't ever happen, I'd be looking for something else too. Not to mention the shite bosses.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, pablo said:

To be fair to him, if I was in some dead end job, fifth in line for a promotion that won't ever happen, I'd be looking for something else too. Not to mention the shite bosses.

:lol:

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

The british press despise them for not playing by the rules and will run every disparaging headline possible to make the public go against them. Don't believe a word of it. 

I’d love to think that they’ll dig him out so much they’ll end up setting the whole thing on fire and ultimately destroying it all☺️

Samuel Camazzola
3 hours ago, The Natural Order said:

Wee Liz and Phil won't be happy. I feel a car crash coming.

Is Phil getting behind the wheel again? 

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I’d love to think that they’ll dig him out so much they’ll end up setting the whole thing on fire and ultimately destroying it all☺️

I think they’re done once Brenda pops her clogs.

The Natural Order
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Is Phil getting behind the wheel again? 

Let's just say I wouldn't drive through any Paris tunnels any time soon.

Edited by The Natural Order

5 hours ago, pablo said:

Good on him, especially as there has been more furore about him than his sleazebag uncle.

It is Armageddon everyone. The royal family are losing a prince and the evil dutchess is to blame. Boooooo

Should have married a good honest British lass..this would never have happened otherwise. Preferably a first or second cousin. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Governor Tarkin
On 09/01/2020 at 08:13, jack D and coke said:

Just looks like those vacuous, horse faced posh birds. Got the body of a 13 year old laddie as well👎🏼

Would. 

15 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Maybe she looks different if she's wearing her feet as earrings?

:sadrobbo:

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Where is that deadpool thread?

Want to add Meghan to the list. 

IMG-20200110-WA0006.jpg

annushorribilis III

If the media paid more attention to Britain’s communities of color, perhaps it would find the announcement far less surprising. With a new prime minister whose track record includes overtly racist statements, some of which would make even Donald Trump blush, a Brexit project linked to native nationalism and a desire to rid Britain of large numbers of immigrants, and an ever thickening loom of imperial nostalgia, many of us are also thinking about moving...

The above is taken from the NYTIMES link posted previously.

You won't see any of this in the UK MSM that's for sure.

So while Australia slowly burns off the face of the earth, the Brexit WAB bill goes though parliament, etc,etc, the BBC et al obsess about a guy who's never going to be king anyway and whose wife has been treated atrociously since the day she appeared on his arm and so decides to seek a better way of life in Canada.

A  perfect metaphor for the times. 

Just read some articles in Canadian papers. Some suggestions that Harry should be appointed Governor General of Canada. Also a survey on who or what should be on a new five dollar bill, can't wait to see someone say Harry. Some conjecture they move to British Coumbia where they recently vacationed. Many Canadians are strong Royalists so I am pretty sure if Harry sought or was offered public office he would be accepted. Lots of talk about racism. BC is a very diverse culture Provinc e, some sparks of racism occasionally but not so on a daily basis.

maroonlegions
On 09/01/2020 at 12:02, robbo1874 said:

This is who William is plugging while Kate was out of action due to pregnancy. 

She's obviously mank or has a great personality

rose-hanbury-marchioness-of-cholmondeley-attends-the-chris-news-photo-1578257444.jpg

Hybrid shape shifting reptilian .nap.. They always feck wthin their own reptillan bloodline..

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Life on those rigs starting to tell on ya pal :lol: 

After 6 weeks on a seismic boat you'd do the hole in a dolphin's heid, mate. 

jack D and coke
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

I don’t need that excuse tbh pal...

:fonzie:

Doctor FinnBarr
9 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Just read some articles in Canadian papers. Some suggestions that Harry should be appointed Governor General of Canada. Also a survey on who or what should be on a new five dollar bill, can't wait to see someone say Harry. Some conjecture they move to British Coumbia where they recently vacationed. Many Canadians are strong Royalists so I am pretty sure if Harry sought or was offered public office he would be accepted. Lots of talk about racism. BC is a very diverse culture Provinc e, some sparks of racism occasionally but not so on a daily basis.

I've nowt against the Hewitt laddie or his wife Bob but our country will be richer without that pair of parasites

45 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I've nowt against the Hewitt laddie or his wife Bob but our country will be richer without that pair of parasites

That's a strange name for his wife.

1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Well the total idiocy of some people make you wonder what they will advise or do. Governor General is the Queens representative in Canada and they are suggesting a man who has apparently severed relations with the Queen and her family. For Harry I have never minded him it almost seems like he knows he is not of Royal heritage. Many in Canada love the Royal Family, but as you so rightly suggest they are not paying what the people of Britain pay for their presence.

Edited by bobsharp

9 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Does it not have a Barber's floor? :D

Edited by ri Alban

SectionDJambo

Being a bit of a dinosaur in the social media thing, by choice, I have been advised that they could, easily, earn mega millions by selling images and endorsements, and being followed on various modes. Seemingly, Cristiano Ronaldo earns millions by his Instagram account.

I see, on the news this morning, a figure of £500m being mentioned. Looks like they could suggest a different way of funding the royal family.

The way that English people, in particular, get all emotional about this kind of thing, is a wee bit scary for me. Similar to the outpouring of false extreme grief, by the masses, when Diana died. 

I think Harry knows it's only a matter of time once someone does DNA testing.

I also think they have probably been offered silly money from the yanks for doing practically **** all.  At the moment they still need to go places on Royal duty. 

Their PR entourage will be making sure they have plenty options.

Edited by Lovecraft

40 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

I think Harry knows it's only a matter of time once someone does DNA testing.

I also think they have probably been offered silly money from the yanks for doing practically **** all.  At the moment they still need to go places on Royal duty. 

Their PR entourage will be making sure they have plenty options.

I am sure there have been many opportunities for Harry's DNA to be tested. It used to be automatic in the army I guess to know your blood type in case of injury, as just a possible example. I suspect the same would be there for potential Royal visits where an accident or incident could happen. I also am certain that on birth, routine  tests are carried out to ensure true parental record in ensuring the new child is of Royal blood.  It would pose absolutely no difficulty for the necessary small sample to be obtained so that in complete security a required test could be done.

5 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

I am sure there have been many opportunities for Harry's DNA to be tested. It used to be automatic in the army I guess to know your blood type in case of injury, as just a possible example. I suspect the same would be there for potential Royal visits where an accident or incident could happen. I also am certain that on birth, routine  tests are carried out to ensure true parental record in ensuring the new child is of Royal blood.  It would pose absolutely no difficulty for the necessary small sample to be obtained so that in complete security a required test could be done.

I hear what you are saying, but going by that logic you would think the Palace would just come out and admit Prince Andrew has been ****ing kids.

13 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

The royal family will undoubtedly know already, either way, imo.

9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The royal family will undoubtedly know already, either way, imo.

At no point ever would they come out and admit Harry is not Charles' kid.

It's like the kids in Me, myself and Irene.

1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

I hear what you are saying, but going by that logic you would think the Palace would just come out and admit Prince Andrew has been ****ing kids.

I think you have misunderstood my point, whatever the Royals know whether its about Andrew or Harry, they are never willingly going to admit anything. My logic was strictly that any information they gleaned was strictly for their own knowledge and use. Not the publics. They have not stayed where they are for all these years by being forth coming about Royal indiscretions.

Harry's inheritance from his maw was £20 and her Maw left him £7m anaw. Add to that, the fact his Mrs earned a few Bob from Acting. I'm pretty sure they'll manage.

Good luck to them.

Edited by ri Alban

3 hours ago, bobsharp said:

I think you have misunderstood my point, whatever the Royals know whether its about Andrew or Harry, they are never willingly going to admit anything. My logic was strictly that any information they gleaned was strictly for their own knowledge and use. Not the publics. They have not stayed where they are for all these years by being forth coming about Royal indiscretions.

Gotcha.

I agree, pretty much said the same in the post just before yours.