crazy thing you have seen or heard about at hearts games

Masonic

millerjames398
2 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

The semi final win against Aberdeen was the last big day out for the radges and bams. Place was full of them. 

That was a mad one, me and my mate got tickets off 2 older casual types, who might have been involved in a bit of aggro before it the game, my ticket was on the end of a row of lads, about 20 minutes in the police came down the steps..and i just knew they were comin to the row i was in, all of them were clobbered up, and to be fair i was dressed the same, but had my hearts scarf on, anyway i was the 1st to get pulled, absolutely shat mysef and protested that i didnt kmo3w them..which i didn'🤣, thankfully a few of the lads convinved them i was just a random and left me to it,, but there was a fair bit of scuffling with the police that tried to lift them, at 17 yrs old i thought it was quality😖😁🇱🇻

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• millerjames398

• TyphoonJambo

• Weakened Offender

• Harry Potter

millerjames398
On 01/10/2020 at 13:33, Macdonald's Soccer Indian said:

I was on Bernie's bus after our bus left early leaving us stranded at Fir park. His dog was seated next to him at the front and we had to stand all the way home but at least he allowed us on. Thanks Bernie

From what I've heard about him thats quite believable, bet the dug won the sweep stake as well🤣

millerjames398
On 01/10/2020 at 22:09, bigcoll said:

Mind the bus back to the city centre, after the 1-1 with Liverpool, so many party songs, and just general mental Ness. Out of nowhere the Hearts fans were singing 'lets all make the bus bounce' it was a single decker and it was properly bouncing! The driver didn't have a care in the world. These immigrant ladies at the front looked terrified like they'd entered some parallel universe. Then it was back to concert square for more Juice 

Concert square before the game was a sight to behold..i remember and old guy hugging one of the poles that held up the big parasols outside the boozers, screaming "were no ****in ranjuurss fans" as everybody went ballistic shakin them, singin rudi skacel is a ****in goal machine, he got soaked with about 10 gallon of bevy🤣 also some weirdo in a half and half vermin/liverpool top cuttin about at around the back of one when we arrived..always wondered what happened to him...

20 minutes ago, pablo said:

Once heard of a Hearts fan that wanted Hibs to win the cup. I'm going to assume that one's been done. 

Mental! I’ve still heard worse though. I once heard of a few Hearts fans who wanted Hibs to beat Hearts in a derby. 

:what:

Just now, Beast Boy said:

Mental! I’ve still heard worse though. I once heard of a few Hearts fans who wanted Hibs to beat Hearts in a derby. 

:what:

Not having that BB. Every sinew strains to get one over on hibs. Anything else doesn't compute for me. Love your dedication to the cause by the way. 

6 hours ago, pablo said:

Once heard of a Hearts fan that wanted Hibs to win the cup. I'm going to assume that one's been done. 

Serious?  Where did you hear that? 

Can remember going to Hull friendly a few years back asking some women in an housing estate how to get to the KC stadium. 

The directions were you have to go all the way back and around to get to......... 

Hold on a minute it's quicker if you just cut through my house. 

Qué 4 drunken Scots wading through this poor lass living room and out the door passing the husband and son eating a full English watching soccer AM on a Saturday morning. 

One of the party getting way too drunk and missing the entire match to go back to the hotel room for a sleep.

On the train back up (Sunday) there was this God awful smell in the carriage. The same person eventually told us he shit himself and dumped his kegs at the back of the toilet on the train. 

We don't know to this day when he soiled himself. Suffice to say it could have been on the way down on the Friday. 

Ayr away early seventies. Wednesday night, meaningless game. We only had a few hundred there. At half time, we were at one end and suddenly it all kicked off at the other end. We all looked at each other because there were no Jambos at that end. Couple of minutes later a squad of guys came running from that end to ours. Turned out the scrap had been between the two main gangs in Ayr the Lords, who wore top hats, bowlers and carried rolled up brollies and the Termie. The Termie were outnumbered so came to ours for reinforcements. Incredibly some of our bams went with them. Cue more bother, then the jambos came back, many sporting said hats!! Unreal.

Weakened Offender
9 hours ago, millerjames398 said:

That was a mad one, me and my mate got tickets off 2 older casual types, who might have been involved in a bit of aggro before it the game, my ticket was on the end of a row of lads, about 20 minutes in the police came down the steps..and i just knew they were comin to the row i was in, all of them were clobbered up, and to be fair i was dressed the same, but had my hearts scarf on, anyway i was the 1st to get pulled, absolutely shat mysef and protested that i didnt kmo3w them..which i didn'🤣, thankfully a few of the lads convinved them i was just a random and left me to it,, but there was a fair bit of scuffling with the police that tried to lift them, at 17 yrs old i thought it was quality😖😁🇱🇻

The number of arrests throughout the match was incredible, it was like the 70s. 

I was more meaning the radges and bams from the schemes and small towns than the casuals but there was a few of that lot out too. 

16 hours ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

Went to away leg in Munich on arrival we dumped bags in hotel and carried on on the sauce.Ended up at a  peep show fiver entry and you got 3 free pints 

I fell asleep and when woke up guy couple seats away in long trench coat RIppin The Heid of It. 😱 aw mates had fecked off and left me  

Did you not end up there the next couple of nights too 🤣😂🤣😂

TyphoonJambo
2 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Can remember going to Hull friendly a few years back asking some women in an housing estate how to get to the KC stadium. 

The directions were you have to go all the way back and around to get to......... 

Hold on a minute it's quicker if you just cut through my house. 

Qué 4 drunken Scots wading through this poor lass living room and out the door passing the husband and son eating a full English watching soccer AM on a Saturday morning. 

One of the party getting way too drunk and missing the entire match to go back to the hotel room for a sleep.

On the train back up (Sunday) there was this God awful smell in the carriage. The same person eventually told us he shit himself and dumped his kegs at the back of the toilet on the train. 

We don't know to this day when he soiled himself. Suffice to say it could have been on the way down on the Friday. 

I remember the cops being particularly heavy handed at that game. There was no problems at all but as it was Hulls warm up to being in the Premier league, i think the cops, mounted ones included, were using us for practice 

millerjames398
31 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I was more meaning the radges and bams from the schemes and small towns than the casuals but there was a few of that lot out too. 

Crazy days..think that's how hungry we were for some silverware back then..got our result that day though..and a big cheers to a guy called corky im sure his name was and his wee mate, for gettin into mischief before the game..meant me and my mate could get their tickets at five to three...at face value😁🤣🇱🇻

12 hours ago, millerjames398 said:

Concert square before the game was a sight to behold..i remember and old guy hugging one of the poles that held up the big parasols outside the boozers, screaming "were no ****in ranjuurss fans" as everybody went ballistic shakin them, singin rudi skacel is a ****in goal machine, he got soaked with about 10 gallon of bevy🤣 also some weirdo in a half and half vermin/liverpool top cuttin about at around the back of one when we arrived..always wondered what happened to him...

Sure, there's a good clip on YouTube of this guy on one of the poles just swinging about without a care in the world 🙂

N Lincs Jambo
2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

I remember the cops being particularly heavy handed at that game. There was no problems at all but as it was Hulls warm up to being in the Premier league, i think the cops, mounted ones included, were using us for practice 

Are you talking about the 2005 game just after Burley had arrived as manager? I live about 30 minutes away from Hull and went over with my 6 year old daughter. The Hearts fans, well a section of them anyway, kicked it off big-style in the ground. I certainly don't remember "no problems at all".

Just realised you might have been talking about the 2008 game? In that case it might be that the cops had a long memory 😂

TyphoonJambo
14 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Are you talking about the 2005 game just after Burley had arrived as manager? I live about 30 minutes away from Hull and went over with my 6 year old daughter. The Hearts fans, well a section of them anyway, kicked it off big-style in the ground. I certainly don't remember "no problems at all".

Just realised you might have been talking about the 2008 game? In that case it might be that the cops had a long memory 😂

Can't recall which one to be honest. As i remember it one guy climbed on the fence, pissed, and they dragged him out but nothing worth mentioning. 

Me and my mate, a dunfermline fan, travelled from Coningsby, thought the cops were ott. 

Edited by TypoonJambo

N Lincs Jambo
7 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Can't recall which one to be honest. As i remember it one guy climbed on the fence, pissed, and they dragged him out but nothing worth mentioning. 

Me and my mate, a dunfermline fan, travelled from Coningsby, thought the cops were ott. 

Think you must have been at the 2008 game TJ. In 2005 Humberside Police were equipped for a travelling support of about 150. They got 2K! I hadn't seen Hearts fans kick off like that inside a ground since the 80s. At the end the cops were deffo waiting for us. I went to the exit the furthest away from the trouble still within our section of the ground. Pointed at my wee daughter and the cop let us out. Can imagine what went down next tbh...

millerjames398
2 hours ago, bigcoll said:

Sure, there's a good clip on YouTube of this guy on one of the poles just swinging about without a care in the world 🙂

He was some character, dont get me wrong it was silly season at that point, and everyone was really enjoyin themselves..not quite kickin the shit out of the police and looting shops 🤣🇱🇻

On 01/10/2020 at 12:58, been here before said:

On the other side of the coin I remember being at Parkhead when Cascarino came on as a sub. Up until then he'd been shite for them and never managed to score.

How we all cheered and made donkey noises when he came on for Charlie Nicholas.

2 minutes later he's scored (albeit a jammy piss poor effort Henry deflected in). 

:facepalm:

Couldn't score I'm a brothel was the chant . Unfortunately not true

He then hooked CL and got sent off

The White Cockade

Watching Karate Keith’s pre match warm up routine was always entertaining

The celebrations after Jimmy Bone’s winner in the 3-2 game at Tynie we’re pretty crazy

I was behind the goals near the top and ended up down the front and never saw my specs again after they bounced up and away 

and trying to walk along Gorgie Road after a game against either of the Bigot Brothers with 5000 of the them going the other way was an experience never to be forgotten 

9 hours ago, farin said:

Karate Keith, sleeves rolled up doing the pre match was a sight to behold. 😄

He still goes, still does his pre match warm up and vocals. Last time I saw him he was in the Wheatfield. I'm in the main stand and could hear him perfectly. He's a character and no mistake. 

FERRY HEARTS
23 hours ago, Weebroon98 said:

Did you not end up there the next couple of nights too 🤣😂🤣😂

Aye the cheep beer was gid Doug 🤣🇱🇻

On 03/10/2020 at 01:03, millerjames398 said:

I still remember that 1. When me and my mates got into queen street while singing the hearts song, some arsehole weegie copper came up to us and said "if you Edinburgh @#$%^ dont shut the feck up, you'll be in the cells". We just shut up as we wanted to get back through. A minute later, he done the same with another couple of guys. 1 of them says something like "very sorry officer, we will be quiet and try and not disturb anyone".  Then the guy walked onto the nearest train, think it was falkirk. Just as the guard was about to blow the whistle, the guys sticks his head out the door, starts singing the hearts song at full volume. Arsehole copper says "you're getting lifted" and proceeds to run on the train with his partner. The singer then jumps off the train as the doors were closing, the busy carriage ensured the coppers couldn't get off, meaning the train then left the station with 2 police on board, and every hearts supporter in the train station pissing ourselves laughing.

will-i-am-a-jambo
On 30/09/2020 at 09:55, TypoonJambo said:

Was there not an "only 2 Mark Vidukas" chant after he admitted mental health issues. My favourite was always "some poor monkeys got Tony Mowbrays heed

Im proud to say my mate and l started that song!

We also started the 12 days of Christmas Valois song up at Tannadice.

Edited by will-i-am-a-jambo

will-i-am-a-jambo
On 03/10/2020 at 11:25, TypoonJambo said:

Aye that was mental, my mate got knocked over by a police horse lol.

Bazzas right boot
On 03/10/2020 at 01:39, pablo said:

Don't listen to everything you read or hear. 

1 hour ago, benny said:

Anybody else remember the bomb scare at the old Fir Park mid 80's.

THAT season before the long unbeaten run IIRC 

On 02/10/2020 at 18:07, FERRY HEARTS said:

I fell asleep and when woke up guy couple seats away in long trench coat RIppin The Heid of It.

His own wan, presumably? 

9 hours ago, Mister T said:

He still goes, still does his pre match warm up and vocals. Last time I saw him he was in the Wheatfield. I'm in the main stand and could hear him perfectly. He's a character and no mistake. 

Ok, is this the same guy as the Gorgie Ninja?  He's always been old stand/new. Always in the Tynie Arms afterwards, still doing the kung-fu.  Accepted by all btw, just another character like.

Weakened Offender
4 hours ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

I also started the 12 days of Christmas Valois song up at Tannadice.

Which was brutal. 

On 02/10/2020 at 22:12, Weakened Offender said:

The semi final win against Aberdeen was the last big day out for the radges and bams. Place was full of them. 

The Hearts support was huge that day, the feel good factor was high and I remember being excited about the whole day from the moment I kissed my good lady goodbye at 9am in the morning right up until we arrived at Mount Florid, thats when it all turned grim, the police were out in force and were certainly not mucking around, correct me if im wrong but was this not the year Glasgow City Council enforced the ' no drinking in public ' law ? If so there was a lot of fans being nicked for that rule.

The short walk to the stadium saw arrests for breathing and blinking, the Hearts mob charge at Aberdeen and fights at the turnstile between Hearts fans. 

On 03/10/2020 at 01:39, pablo said:

Just as bad as the Hearts wankers cheering Hibs' goals and win against Rangers whilst we were at Livingston, can't remember the pubs name.

On 03/10/2020 at 10:50, Weakened Offender said:

Im sure it was 133 with 132 Hearts fans nicked. There was a huge public reaction to this and Hearts as a club stood by the majority of fans who claimed unfairness.

The Chief of Glasgow said it was all our fault but later apologised. 

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, dannymack said:

The Hearts support was huge that day, the feel good factor was high and I remember being excited about the whole day from the moment I kissed my good lady goodbye at 9am in the morning right up until we arrived at Mount Florid, thats when it all turned grim, the police were out in force and were certainly not mucking around, correct me if im wrong but was this not the year Glasgow City Council enforced the ' no drinking in public ' law ? If so there was a lot of fans being nicked for that rule.

The short walk to the stadium saw arrests for breathing and blinking, the Hearts mob charge at Aberdeen and fights at the turnstile between Hearts fans. 

Just as bad as the Hearts wankers cheering Hibs' goals and win against Rangers whilst we were at Livingston, can't remember the pubs name.

Im sure it was 133 with 132 Hearts fans nicked. There was a huge public reaction to this and Hearts as a club stood by the majority of fans who claimed unfairness.

The police may have been heavy handed but that was a very lively, drunk Hearts support that day, pal. You always get a feel for these things and that day, like the St Mirren final, had trouble written all over it. 

30 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

The police may have been heavy handed but that was a very lively, drunk Hearts support that day, pal. You always get a feel for these things and that day, like the St Mirren final, had trouble written all over it. 

Are you talking about the semi final against Aberdeen?

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

Yeah

Yes, strange afternoon. Huge drunken Hearts support. Strathclyde police taking liberties and getting a reaction. Tiny Aberdeen support. 

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, pablo said:

Yes, strange afternoon. Huge drunken Hearts support. Strathclyde police taking liberties and getting a reaction. Tiny Aberdeen support. 

Strangest thing was finally nailing the jinx. 😀

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

Strangest thing was finally nailing the jinx. 😀

Well that too! Great result, pivotal game. 

millerjames398
6 hours ago, dannymack said:

If I remember correct there was a big charge at a sort of mix of scarfer/ casual sheep types before the game, went through all the hearts fans singin their songs, and im sure a few bottles and cans got lobbed at them..im sure thats why me and my mate bumped into those old casuals on the big forecourt at the back of the rangers end, and blagged 2 tickets, me and my mate were on our way back to mount Florida, thinking that was our day over😁they knew they were gonna get collared at the game 😆🇱🇻

Late 70's laddie in 5th year at our school made Reporting Scotland TV News. At the Hearts v Hibs Derby 17 year old (not saying his name but huge Jambo) from Livingston was fined £15 today at the court in Edinburgh for throwing marshmallows at the opposing fans.

The said "Marshmallow Kid"  would whallop anyone at school who subsequently called him that but to be fair it was a cracking nickname.

24 hour trip to Stuggart, on a bus journey from Frankfurt to Stuggart, the bus had no toilet. Folk were hammering the beers on the journey as they had done since arriving at the bar at Prestwick Airport that morning. 

Some guys couldn't hold it in and ended up pissing in a bin (sort of standard kitchen size) next to the stairs by the middle exit of the bus. After multiple deposits of urine the bin was nearly full and was sloshing over the sides. The driver eventually stopped at a service station raging and the organiser of the trip said whoever used it first had to empty it.

So a guy stotters down from the back of the bus, heavily inebriated, goes down the steps and tries to lift the bucket. What he doesn't realise is that there is a small chain attaching the bin to the rail.

He pulls hard, the chain snaps but the bin sort of flips and deposits pretty much the entire contents all over the guy. 

He screams "F#£K" and goes to the toilet to try and clean himself up. He eventually returned to the bus in not much more than his pants and bought a full Stuggart strip as clothes to wear for the remainder of the trip.

Still one of the funniest things I've ever seen. 

will-i-am-a-jambo
19 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Which was brutal. 

Thanks, better than sitting on your hands and creating zero atmosphere though - just!

Red Card Ref

At the Graeme Weir derby match, we left when they scored their 4th. Was just on McLeod St when folk started running back towards Tynie saying it was 4-4. We didn't believe it, but I ran back in and caught the final whistle. Some Hibs fans were celebrating their "win", which really confused me (they obviously didn't know what had just happened). The look on their faces when they realised was amazing! Celebrated in the stadium for a couple of minutes then left and walked out of Tynie singing the Hearts song..... right in front of a group of Hibs casuals. I didn't say anything to them or intentionally antagonise them, but they nevertheless very kindly broke my jaw. Just remember the police scooping me up and taking me to an ambulance crew, but I told them I was fine so I could get to Robbos for the party! About 20 mins later the adrenaline wore off and the pain began! 

Smoked-Glass
17 minutes ago, Red Card Ref said:

At the Graeme Weir derby match, we left when they scored their 4th. Was just on McLeod St when folk started running back towards Tynie saying it was 4-4. We didn't believe it, but I ran back in and caught the final whistle. Some Hibs fans were celebrating their "win", which really confused me (they obviously didn't know what had just happened). The look on their faces when they realised was amazing! Celebrated in the stadium for a couple of minutes then left and walked out of Tynie singing the Hearts song..... right in front of a group of Hibs casuals. I didn't say anything to them or intentionally antagonise them, but they nevertheless very kindly broke my jaw. Just remember the police scooping me up and taking me to an ambulance crew, but I told them I was fine so I could get to Robbos for the party! About 20 mins later the adrenaline wore off and the pain began! 

I read somewhere that a hearts fan ran on the pitch at 4-4 and grabbed a corner flag and threw it javilin style into the hibs fans.  😁

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

I read somewhere that a hearts fan ran on the pitch at 4-4 and grabbed a corner flag and threw it javilin style into the hibs fans.  😁

Im sure that some of the time added on was for a hearts fan throwing an empty vodka bottle on the park..the irony🤣🤣🤣🇱🇻

Montrose away, League Cup 85-86. Game should really have been abandoned due to a waterlogged pitch and would be nowadays. A Hearts fan got arrested behind the goals. No idea why he was arrested but he wasn’t going quietly and ended up on the floor in a giant puddle in the track around the pitch wrestling with the police officers (also on the floor) who were trying to huckle him. Hearts fans cheering his every attempt at resisting arrest😀.

off the rails
On 04/10/2020 at 16:18, benny said:

Anybody else remember the bomb scare at the old Fir Park mid 80's.

Bombscare.thumb.jpg.1f0845510786058c1a366e153037cf2d.jpg

Fans allowed back in the stand after the all-clear. You in there benny?

Doctor FinnBarr
On 02/01/2020 at 20:26, jamboozy said:

In Montrose in the early 70’s for one of the SC replays, station hotel I think, big Jambo at the bar tells me and my mates to feck off to the other end of the bar to get served, we looked at him puzzled but complied, the two frazzled bar maids hustled to the end of the bar to serve us when he promptly lifted his skinny mate over the top of the bar to unhook a bottle of vodka off the gantry and leg it out of there

We've never played a replay at Montrose.

25 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

We've never played a replay at Montrose.

The first game was at Montrose. Mar 76. Gie the boy a break. It was over 40 years ago. Memory obv dulled by alcohol lol.