1874 Bar Management

south morocco

south morocco

To add fuel to what’s already an issue. The new manager of our fans bar is  Ann budges relative,    a hibs supporter and trolls us regularly on social media. Could be bollocks....

Just now, south morocco said:

To add fuel to what’s already an issue. The new manager of our fans bar is  Ann budges relative,    a hibs supporter and trolls us regularly on social media. Could be bollocks....

**** him, just don’t go.

1 minute ago, south morocco said:

Ann Budges Nephew for sure. 100% a hibs fan no doubt. 

bigsuperslim1874

@south morocco So bloody what? Who cares about stuff like this? I gather the bar is well run and all staff are well liked? Who cares who he supports? Of all the stuff we have to worry/moan about this is bottom of the pile. Christ almighty.

Edited by bigsuperslim1874

1 minute ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

So bloody what? Who cares about stuff like this?

Exactly. Doubt that everyone that works at Easter Road is a Hibs fan. God forbid there were any Celtic fans who helped build our stand!!!!

Edited by Jeff

bigsuperslim1874
Just now, Jeff said:

Exactly. Doubt that everyone that works at Easter Road is a Hibs fan. God forbid there were any Celtic fans who helped build our stand!!!!

🤯 - boooooo! It’s bloody ridiculous eh?

Just now, bigsuperslim1874 said:

🤯 - boooooo! It’s bloody ridiculous eh?

Probably the same people that complain about foreigners coming over here , working and paying taxes

9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Hibby builds stadium, hibby runs fans bar. WTF has happened to our club?

Become a soft shite touch!!!!!!💩

south morocco
5 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Probably the same people that complain about foreigners coming over here , working and paying taxes

I think your thought process is a little distorted.?? How did  you get to that?

8 minutes ago, south morocco said:

I think your thought process is a little distorted.?? How did  you get to that?

Well can you tell us why a Hibs fan shouldn't work in a Hearts bar?

south morocco
3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Runs the bar , a relation to the club owner.No problem with it at all. Unless  they’re on social. Media slating the club  all the time. Dig in. Be aware 

south morocco
2 minutes ago, Regal Kingston said:

How did he get the job?

Best candidate or nepotism?

A well run business chooses the best candidate. 

You’d have to ask whoever appointed him?

7 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Runs the bar , a relation to the club owner.No problem with it at all. Unless  they’re on social. Media slating the club  all the time. Dig in. Be aware 

He's hardly gonna spit in my pint is he?

We should be 100% focused on the fact that we are in last place in the league and are favourites for relegation.

Who the bar manager is shouldn't be on anyone's concern list.

Bottom of the league at new year and staring relegation in the face and folk actually care about who manages the bar? 😂😂

If it’s run well and staff and punters are happy then nothing else matters. 

1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

Is anyone surprised budge has gave a top job to yet another family member? 

Top job😂 running a bar

Don’t see the problem myself? 

I do see a problem with them refusing access after 2.15? That’s financial madness with a huge majority of people looking for a quick pint if arrived that wee bit early. 

Regal Kingston

I think we have every right to scrutinise every person appointed in the club. You don’t employ the best person means you are happy with mediocrity. Who did Budge employ to build the stand? Another useless dick. 

south morocco
2 minutes ago, Regal Kingston said:

I think we have every right to scrutinise every person appointed in the club. You don’t employ the best person means you are happy with mediocrity. Who did Budge employ to build the stand? Another useless dick. 

I agree. I don’t think it’s unreasonable either. The thread was started to ask the question of the bar manager  Not the wider aspects of club business.

bigsuperslim1874
19 minutes ago, Regal Kingston said:

Who’s to say he wasn’t the best person? I gather he has run multiple bars in Edinburgh - it’s not like he has been given the job randomly because he is related. We have bigger problems to deal with than this - Ann has made mistakes but to have a go because of this?

41 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

We should be 100% focused on the fact that we are in last place in the league and are favourites for relegation.

Who the bar manager is shouldn't be on anyone's concern list.

Unless Craig Levein is ever spotted anywhere near it of course.

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

I actually find the nepotism more offensive than the fact he is a Hibs fan. 

47 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Is anyone surprised budge has gave a top job to yet another family member? 

So from what I can read the bar is well run and staff are liked. No offence to bar managers or publicans but it’s not like this person is running the NHS so a complete non story. 

badly drawn boy

Noticed on him on social media when their was legitimate posts questioning poor team performance or especially AB he would constantly put up odd laughing emojis and odd comments that made him stand out , quick look at profile , AB nephew , Big Hibs fan and Manger of the 1874 bar , fits 

2 hours ago, south morocco said:

This is months old news my friend

Edited by Jambo Hardhat

south morocco
8 minutes ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

This is months old news my friend

Just found out about it. Was surprised but then on reflection, wasn’t ! The trolling thing is annoying though considering

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Wish he’d hide his big **** off hibs tattoo on his arm when working, curdles the pint if you ask me . 

Please please tell me you are joking.

Just now, jake said:

Please please tell me you are joking.

Nope , in fact my good lady told him at the women’s post league win celebrations that he should have that monstrosity covered up whilst working behind the bar . To be fair to the guy he’s good at what he does and is pleasant to talk to but that said his hibs tattoo should be discreetly hidden away whilst on duty 

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

didnt a Hearts fan get in shit for putting a Hearts top in the foundations of their stand or something?

been here before

Ive never been in the bar, never really made the effort, its at the opposite end of the ground from where I go in, dont really fancy the bevvy they offer, Ive heard the lack of seating us an issue but Im fxxkin raging about this like.

I might go in just to be outraged.

7 minutes ago, letsalllaughathobos said:

Another one of Ann family screwing the club, embarrassment

You can't accuse him of screwing the club. He was offered a job by his Aunt and took up her offer. If you want to blame anyone blame Mrs Budge.