Recruitment we can't be ****ing about all window.

vegas-voss

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Agreed. But then he'll also have to be replaced. 

Some sort of loanback deal seems to be whats being discussed so we'd get Aaron back to at least the end of the season

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DH1986

• Famous 1874

• OTT

• pettigrewsstylist

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Alan_R said:

give Daniel whatever he wants/needs. Stand to lose for more if we piss about in the championship

Unfortunately this is where we are... regardless whether we move players out (highly unlikely)

we must bring in better players than we have at present, this will cost, but relegation will cost much more, the truth is we have to spend, possibly personal loans from AB or our famous benefactors 

The alternative is not worth consideration.

4 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Hickey will be sold and loaned back to fund some contract terminations and new players 

Just now, OTT said:

Some sort of loanback deal seems to be whats being discussed so we'd get Aaron back to at least the end of the season

Why would Man City loan Hickey back to us, considering the last guy, Mr Meshino is stuck on the bench every week..

Seymour M Hersh

I doubt we have the finances to bring in a load of players (even 4 or 5) who will require transfer fees. So it may be a raft of loan players to shore us up until the end of the season. I hope he has great relationships with Dortmund and Bayern! 

Does anyone know if Stendel is tasked to do all this himself? then again the thought of levein or mcphee helping him given their records doesnt fill me with joy, just seems that Stendel himself has a monumental task at motivating the team, training, tactics and match day rep, plus get new players in. what a state our club is 😞

1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

Why would Man City loan Hickey back to us, considering the last guy, Mr Meshino is stuck on the bench every week..

Why would we sell to them if we're going to lose our best LB ?

We still have time on the contract and a lot as we've seen can happen before his contract is up. 

Bored having a wee look at free transfers which might be in our price range : - Nils Zatl, striker, Austrian decent scoring rate at a comparable level, chips in with assists too. Worth a look?

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We need Stendels own coaches before any new players come in.

I think we need a Director of Football in immediately unless Daniel is 100% certain he will be picking his own players in January and beyond, if not I wouldn't be surprised if he manouvered himself out of the door pretty sharpish.

I hope Stendel knows some good players he likes who would want to play under him again.

We need around 6 in who are fit and raring to go and about 50 out.

A couple of goalscorers is the highest priority.  If Hickey does go to MC which I seriously doubt I expect he would insist on not being loaned back to us.

6 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Because there’s no way he’s gonna play for their first team yet so it makes perfect sense for him to continue to get competitive games.

Meshino will be on the bench until DS is convinced he can help us win games. Rightly so

From ITK guys who are reputedly invariably correct Greg Docherty going out on a 6 month loan in January. Unfortunately they're saying to an English Championship club. But that aside he will be on loan. Perhaps their minds could be changed about the destination. Be easier for them to monitor him if he stayed in Scotland. 

46 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

If the same people are involved in signings we'll get the same results we've been getting and we will go down.

Thankfully it’s going to be Stendel who is choosing the players we sign.

2 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Hearts recruitment meeting on friday there had 5 people involved:

Budge
Stendel
Murray
McPhee
Levein

Stendel is going to have to use the resources available to him until he gets his own team in.

Captain Canada

I really hope Budge backs Stendel to the hilt in January like happened with Cathro and also time after time in different windows with Levein.

I can see him walking away if it doesn't happen. She's already said she's expecting a list from him so hopefully there are funds available, even if it's just loan signings. 

9 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Budge
Stendel
Murray
McPhee
Levein

Dumb , dumber and Dumbest . Budge ( whose losing the plot daily ) and Stendel fighting all our corners . God help us ........

2 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I really hope Budge backs Stendel to the hilt in January like happened with Cathro and also time after time in different windows with Levein.

I can see him walking away if it doesn't happen. She's already said she's expecting a list from him so hopefully there are funds available, even if it's just loan signings. 

I don’t think she’s any option but to back him.

She won’t want to be responsible for the club being relegated.

17 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Stendel is going to have to use the resources available to him until he gets his own team in.

You do wonder what he makes of all of it though. If we stay up this season, I’ll genuinely be excited for next season with Stendel in charge and Levein gone completely. 

1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

You do wonder what he makes of all of it though. If we stay up this season, I’ll genuinely be excited for next season with Stendel in charge and Levein gone completely. 

He must have known what he was facing.....he must have discussed the current structure and how it will change.

This season is all about ensuring we stay in this division and February is huge for us.....we have 4 very winnable games whilst Hamilton have 4 very losable games.

The planning for next season won’t be able to start until we are safe from relegation.

On 21/12/2019 at 18:06, cameron79 said:

What concerns me is that we havent even got Stendel the backroom staff he needs. Yet the Gorgie Rasputin and his minions still linger.

Theres so much work to do. I just hope it's all in place to press the button early january. The same ruthlessness as budgement day is needed.

Exactly absolutely pathetic leadership, she is clueless 

Makes you wonder how she has been successful in business ? 

11 minutes ago, Gambo said:

He needs help getting his message across to existing and new players.

You don’t think he’s getting his message across ?

34 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

You don’t think he’s getting his message across ?

Easier if he has folk beside him who can help get the message across.

He has a huge job on his hands, he needs some help.

Leveins Battalion
2 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Budge
Stendel
Murray
McPhee
Levein

ac0c496cae1c3f53705c7f998e022c56.jpg

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Players will make a difference before a couple of assistants.

There is no coaches in the world than could turn our only 4 fit strikers into match winners.

Personally, I’d be sending the goalkeeper and Meshino back to their parent clubs. I don’t think either player is what we are looking for at the moment. 

What I’d love to see is Stendel use his contacts in Germany to get us a big solid goalkeeper and a couple of solid ball playing centre backs. The chances are even if we sell Hickey, we will get him back until end of season. We’ve got options then with Smith, Halkett and Brandon. 

We need a busy ball winning midfielder like Scott Brown or Ryan Jack that can play alongside Damour or Whelan. Play Clare in his natural position in behind the front 2 and I’d be tempted to see if we could get Milinkovic for 6 months. He is a Stendel type player. Likes to run at players with the ball. Keep McDonald as back up as he is another one I think could flourish under Stendel.

I know it’s a crowd divider but personally think we need Lafferty back at club. He’s a proven goal scorer at this level and is available for free immediately. Hopefully the NI connection with Washington would work for us.

It then leaves us with squad players like C Smith, Henderson, Logan, Keena, Naismith when fit, And take your choice of a few others.

I hope I’m wrong but I’m not convinced that Cochrane will make it. He can pass a ball but lacks the pace to give himself 2 or 3 yards. Hopefully we are actively trying to get rid of Uche (causes problems for defences but as a striker is never going to get you more than 6-8 goals a season, Walker (should never have been brought back as he is another who is too injury prone), Mulraney (barely beats a man and distribution is terrible), White, Bozanic, Wighton.

We need guys that are going to fight and battle to get us out of this. Stay in the SPL and we can Look forward to next season with a full Stendel pre season and signings who can play in The way he wants us to.

11 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I doubt we have the finances to bring in a load of players (even 4 or 5) who will require transfer fees. So it may be a raft of loan players to shore us up until the end of the season. I hope he has great relationships with Dortmund and Bayern! 

Are his assistants coming ? Or is it a one man rescue mission?    

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

Are his assistants coming ? Or is it a one man rescue mission?    

Pretty sure at least one is coming but no idea why there is a delay. 

Jamboscanbevicius

We need at least one of DS’s trusted assistants in ASAP.

In terms of recruitment... it’s not easy selling the dream when cut adrift at foot of the table. But that’s what we need to do. We really might need a couple of stop gaps and loans. 

I hope DS has a couple of aces up his sleeve. Beyond that I’m sure Lafferty and Milinkovic would give us 6 months given their current status, but I’d prefer to see DS signings HE trusts with his system!

7 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Great stuff, entrusting these ******s to get us out of trouble is all we need.

It is genuinely baffling how they are still at the club let alone involved in recruitment. I am honestly sick of this shit. What is going through Budge’s head man, there is no logic for Levein to still be doing this after costing us years of hard work. 

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

It is genuinely baffling how they are still at the club let alone involved in recruitment. I am honestly sick of this shit. What is going through Budge’s head man, there is no logic for Levein to still be doing this after costing us years of hard work. 

Agreed mate, ridiculous.

Governor Tarkin
6 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Budge
Stendel
Murray
McPhee
Levein

**** off.

Just **** off.

* Not you, Swanny.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Jamboscanbevicius

Budgets must be tight...

We have a bulging squad (we don’t want), we’re bulging with coaches (we don’t want), and have just appointed a new manager who came at a fair price. So I guess she’s told CL and AM to earn their salary by using their contacts to get deals done to reshape the squad. You can only hope under DS’s explicit instructions!

But this could work to some degree. For example, I hope AM can pull strings with his mate O’Neill and get us Liam Lindsay from Stoke on loan. That would be a great signing and a trusted DS player using AM’s influence.

5 hours ago, Gambo said:

He did have wben he had the 11 match winless run at Barnsley.

To be fair however it would help if all coaches were singing from the same hymn sheet and understood how each other works.

Disser Pointon
On 21/12/2019 at 18:23, S Form said:

The trouble is that John Murray obviously wouldn’t know a striker if he came up and booted him in the gonads.

He'd sign him if he missed though.

2 hours ago, Sertse said:

Has anyone had any word on what the delay getting Stendels coaches actually is? Not heard any speculation in the media yet surprisingly

Just post anything negative on here and it will be in the media tomorrow 😂

2 hours ago, Sertse said:

Has anyone had any word on what the delay getting Stendels coaches actually is? Not heard any speculation in the media yet surprisingly

I think Budge said that there was some contract problems between Tonge and Stern at Barnsley 

Adam_the_legend
2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

I think Budge said that there was some contract problems between Tonge and Stern at Barnsley 

Not convinced. They both left Barnsley according to reports. If Barnsley are trying the same thing as with DS then you’d think Hearts would use the same argument as they are using with DS. AB might not want to chance it but he needs his own people in I think. 

11 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Not convinced. They both left Barnsley according to reports. If Barnsley are trying the same thing as with DS then you’d think Hearts would use the same argument as they are using with DS. AB might not want to chance it but he needs his own people in I think. 

I’ve got no clue contractually what’s going on between them but completely agree that we need his own people in ASAP. Should have been in when Stendel joined but 

pettigrewsstylist
On 22/12/2019 at 17:16, The Comedian said:

If the same people are involved in signings we'll get the same results we've been getting and we will go down.

And the new mgr will walk before Easter, rightly so