Recruitment we can't be ****ing about all window.

vegas-voss

My worry now cause I have gave up with most of the dross we have is we will dilly and dally the whole window and end up with more shite.Like someone else said we need two CB , two midfielders at least and two forwards that can score.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DH1986

• Famous 1874

• OTT

• pettigrewsstylist

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo diehard

My major concern is how much do we have to spend? I'd said previously Jan prices are often inflated and for whatbee need do we have the cash? 

A creative, passing CM is a must, also a DC,  if we have cash it MUST be spent 👍

husref musemic

I've said it elsewhere. The goon squad that assembled this squad will just replace them with the same. 

we need that sorted first. 

We’re in a very tough position......we’re not in a great position to be handing out contracts all over the place.

I suspect we’ll go with more loanees than anything and look at summer rebuild.

2 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

I've said it elsewhere. The goon squad that assembled this squad will just replace them with the same. 

we need that sorted first. 

Craig Levein is no longer involved in player recruitment for the first team.

You should really have got that by now.

We should focus on trimming the squad down by either sending players on loan or selling them. Having a squad of this size is not sensible. That would hopefully free up some funds for players of quality. Quality, not quantity.

Edited by Jambos_1874

jambogirlglasgow
Just now, Jambos_1874 said:

If we can't recruit we should focus on trimming the squad down by either sending players on loan or selling them. Having a squad of this size is not sensible.

I hear this all the time but genuine question. Who would buy any of our players? We won’t be able to give them away.  

What concerns me is that we havent even got Stendel the backroom staff he needs. Yet the Gorgie Rasputin and his minions still linger.

Theres so much work to do. I just hope it's all in place to press the button early january. The same ruthlessness as budgement day is needed.

Just now, jambogirlglasgow said:

I hear this all the time but genuine question. Who would buy any of our players? We won’t be able to give them away.  

Good point. If they have a good agent perhaps they could engineer a move away. Also, clubs may take the view that a player doesn't fit in with our playing style (not that we have one) but is exactly what their club are looking for. I hope.

Adam_the_legend
8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Attracting the necessary players may prove difficult given our position in the league.

Never before has it been so important 

Exactly, we’re hardly an attractive proposition right now. It’ll be a struggle to get quality in. Hopefully DS can work some magic cos I certainly am not putting any faith in McPhee. 

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Levein wasnt the only problem though.

9 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Nah one of his bitches are. 

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, cameron79 said:

What concerns me is that we havent even got Stendel the backroom staff he needs. Yet the Gorgie Rasputin and his minions still linger.

Theres so much work to do. I just hope it's all in place to press the button early january. The same ruthlessness as budgement day is needed.

This is a genuine worry.

21 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Wishful thinking. Hard to imagine any funds being available unless we punt hickey . 

Budge personally has millions - she is massively responsible for the position we are in so frankly “dip in tae yer purse hen!”

husref musemic
13 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

thanks im aware of that. 

I'm talking about John Murray (still here).& associates in the recruitment dept. 

14 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

Exactly. 

Nobody will want these imposters and remember we need players to go to allow players to be brought in. 

Could be a rather large snag imo 😒

jambogirlglasgow
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Exactly. 

Nobody will want these imposters and remember we need players to go to allow players to be brought in. 

Could be a rather large snag imo 😒

I can’t see any of them wanting to leave, presumably for less than they’re on now. Where would Bozanic, Mulraney etc go? We’re stuck with these chronic imposters, sadly. 

2 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

I can’t see any of them wanting to leave, presumably for less than they’re on now. Where would Bozanic, Mulraney etc go? We’re stuck with these chronic imposters, sadly. 

Yip, ☹️

How is this so hard for people to understand?? 

the ONLY person who will be responsible for choosing any players In or out of the club is Stendel!! Full stop, no ifs buts or maybes.. stendel and stendel alone will pick who he wants.

AM’s only remit is to find clubs for the players STENDEL DOESNT WANT and recruit the players STENDEL CHOOSES.. no one else will pick or choose any player apart from Stendel 

is that clear enough?? 

Ann Budge has said players will need to be moved on to help with player in budgets! 

Leveins Battalion
Just now, jambotony said:

the ONLY person who will be responsible for choosing any players In or out of the club is Stendel!! Full stop, no ifs buts or maybes.. stendel and stendel alone will pick who he wants.

AM’s only remit is to find clubs for the players STENDEL DOESNT WANT and recruit the players STENDEL CHOOSES.. no one else will pick or choose any player apart from Stendel 

is that clear enough?? 

Ann Budge has said players will need to be moved on to help with player in budgets! 

Nobody listens to Budge anymore,all credibility has gone.👍

Jambof3tornado

We do need to act fast, and get in the players stendel feels he needs. I wonder if he will have targets already, rather than just positions he wants to strengthen and a list of qualities he wants for murray etc to go and find.

Brian Fantana
20 minutes ago, cameron79 said:

I don't think Budgement Day was as much her ruthlessness as if was Levein's. Said it before but it should have been named Rise of the Levein's given the level of control he's had over three different management teams. 

Recruitment has been a mess for long enough. I hope its Stendel or his contacts that are identifying potential signings as I wouldn't trust anyone involved with any of our scouting and identifying signings in the last 4 years to get it right 

The big problem is that we will no doubt be shopping in the loan market and that's never a good thing when your in a relegation battles. 

We should be favourites to go down tbh . 

south morocco
1 minute ago, jambotony said:

is that clear enough?? 

I really hope so. Will be interesting to see who comes in.

jambogirlglasgow
3 minutes ago, jambotony said:

is that clear enough?? 

How do you move contracted players on who are happy with their wage and would rather not play elsewhere for less?
Can’t seem to get an answer to this question?  

3 minutes ago, jambotony said:

is that clear enough?? 

Someone understands.

Maybe the rest will catch up after the year.

The_razors_edge

Moving players on to balance the books is going to be the hard part. Who’s going to want to sign our dross? Defenders that can’t defend, strikers that can’t score, wingers that can’t cross, midfielders that only go backwards or sideways. Can’t see there being long queues of clubs gagging to sign players who’ve taken us to the bottom of the league.

Problems;

1. We don’t have any money to pay transfer fees.

2. We have a bunch of dross in the team who will sit out their lengthy contracts picking up a generous wage.

3. Not many players are going to want to come in January to a club rooted to the bottom of the table. 

4. MacPhee quite possibly involved in identifying targets. 

Think the ones on contracts till the summer may be asked to have their contracts terminated or paid up so we can move them on..” a mutual consent “ type thing.. obviously those on 4 year deals won’t be moved on 

2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Problems;

1. We don’t have any money to pay transfer fees.

2. We have a bunch of dross in the team who will sit out their lengthy contracts picking up a generous wage.

3. Not many players are going to want to come in January to a club rooted to the bottom of the table. 

4. MacPhee quite possibly involved in identifying targets. 

No he’s not!! The only person “ identifying targets “ is Stendel this has been said and clarified and verified and confirmed but some people still want to peddle BS and rubbish to suit their arguments 

Just now, jambotony said:

No he’s not!! The only person “ identifying targets “ is Stendel this has been said and clarified and verified and confirmed but some people still want to peddle BS and rubbish to suit their arguments 

Clarified by who?

24 minutes ago, jambotony said:

is that clear enough?? 

Aye and Santa is real too.  :lol: 

Honestly feel we’ll need to sell Hickey to City in January and loan him back, reinvest the fee back into the first team, preferably picking up a few players from other teams in the league that know what it’s about and see Hearts as a massive opportunity, if it means paying a bit over the odds so be it

- A Centre Half

- A Centre Midfielder

- Two Wingers

- A Striker

All pacey, all energetic. That’s the minimum required or we are without question getting relegated.

Edited by E3OBE
Mid-type

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, jambotony said:

Whether your correct or not correct Is almost irrelevant , this is as a result of strange decisions on the part of the part, keeping people on after they are fired is pretty bizarre behaviour.. I’m pretty sure it has not happened before - if it has it’s certainly not typical.. 

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

We’re in a very tough position......we’re not in a great position to be handing out contracts all over the place.

I suspect we’ll go with more loanees than anything and look at summer rebuild.

Probably not an incentive for Man City when they player they gave us sits on the bench. 

26 minutes ago, jambotony said:

So Budge didnt say what she said about McPhee?

annushorribilis III
27 minutes ago, jambotony said:

How does he have time/resources to do this ? 

25 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

We definately need movement in and out of squad in Jan.

I’m a bit concerned about recruitment in Jan. Has DS ever scouted and bought his own players? Was that not done by others at his previous clubs. 

Does that then mean you have McPhee or John Murray scouting players?!?!  That gives me zero confidence. 

Do we have the right structure and right people to recruit the right players? I’m not comvinced.

John Murray is another one that needs hunted.

25 minutes ago, E3OBE said:

- A Centre Half

- A Centre Midfielder

- Two Wingers

- A Striker

All pacey, all energetic. That’s the minimum required or we are without question getting relegated.

You forgot a keeper.

1 hour ago, Dino Velvet said:

Wishful thinking. Hard to imagine any funds being available unless we punt hickey . 

Aye.Why oh why has she let Levein run this shitshow from last November holy shit unbelievable.