• Thomaso

• wavydavy

• GinRummy

• Robbo-Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

south morocco
2 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

At this point, I don’t even care if he’s available or not. 

I’m getting to that point too. Better rebuilding In Jan with him as peripheral squad player

10 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

He needs to call it a day. Its become upsettingly embarrassing now. He's not even producing the goods. He's simply too old and injury prone. Most likely on a huge wage too.

Yeah, sad but hard to disagree with this. 

We could probably have 3 or 4 players with his wage. 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, south morocco said:

I’m getting to that point too. Better rebuilding In Jan with him as peripheral squad player

Yup. Forget about him winning us games coz he cannot do that from the treatment table.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Liar liar pants on fire.

We’ll see. He’s made of glass. Needs punted with the rest of the shysters. Willing to wager £100 to

Big Hearts that he won’t feature on Thursday 

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

We’ll see. He’s made of glass. Needs punted with the rest of the shysters. Willing to wager £100 to

Big Hearts that he won’t feature on Thursday 

Not due to his hamstring. Its his back that he went off with!

StevenNaismith
18 minutes ago, south morocco said:

So will be available for hibs game?

I doubt he will play again before the winter break. He’s absolutely knackered long term. Terrible decision to award him a 4 year contract when you look at his injury record over the last 3/4 years.

29 minutes ago, TheGoodLord said:

Missed a sitter by his standards which makes it all the more difficult to stomach. 

Possibly where he suffered the injury. Felt he should have gone with a header as opposed to waist+ high volley.

We missed him 2nd half, but there again, we have missed him for most of the season.

We need to recruit well in the upcoming window, which is never the best time as we have experienced in the past

46 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not due to his hamstring. Its his back that he went off with!

Sorry has that been confirmed by Hearts?

51 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Naismith is taking the P*ss out of the club absolute wage thief

He's not taking the piss, who at his age and with his injury record wouldn't have taken the contract? Whoever told Budge he should be given a 4 year contract was taking the piss. 

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

He's not taking the piss, who at his age and with his injury record wouldn't have taken the contract? Whoever told Budge he should be given a 4 year contract was taking the piss. 

I think it was desperation by the club at the time tbh. He was the one player who could win us a game we’d otherwise have drawn or lost. 

And aye, he’s not taking the piss. I don’t believe for a second he thought he’d get these recurring injuries.  

It's becoming apparent that Naismith cannot be relied upon, we can't plan ahead for games or build a stable team. 

We cannot progress with all our eggs in one basket, he shouldn't have started today, but in the 1st half it obvious why he must, currently.

It's a shitty situation and a good test for the manager. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think it was desperation by the club at the time tbh. He was the one player who could win us a game we’d otherwise have drawn or lost. 

And aye, he’s not taking the piss. I don’t believe for a second he thought he’d get these recurring injuries.  

I couldn't comment on whether he was aware he might be so frequently out. But even if he was he was still right to take the contract. I would have and hoped for the best.

And if the best doesn't materialise well I still did the right thing for my family. Has to be appreciated it's a job for these guys. 

It is pretty apparent that all other clubs realise Naismith is central to Hearts  chances of climbing the league.  Hence the two games he has played in he has been targeted.  Thankfully he didn't play midweek or Brown would have finished him.

He will play against Hibs and play a part in our recovery.

I hated him when he played against us but have come round to him.

what we need to do Game wise is score first. Nothing will raise spirits more than seeing our bright starts rewarded by taking a lead.

4 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Thought he played well today but we need 90 mins from him. I don’t think we will ever get that from him now.

I'll take a guess and say it was never intended that he'd play for more than 45 mins today

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'll take a guess and say it was never intended that he'd play for more than 45 mins today

Not sure. He came of injured at halftime complaining of a sore back. 

Henrysmithstaxi
1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

I doubt he will play again before the winter break. He’s absolutely knackered long term. Terrible decision to award him a 4 year contract when you look at his injury record over the last 3/4 years.

Who on earth decided to give a guy of his age and injury record a FOUR year contract?

1 hour ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I dread to think how much he’s paid against minutes on the park 🥴

I would think Haring probably wins that award. Naismith right up there though.

I thought Heriot Watt had all the state of art facilities needed to recuperate injured players... Where the **** are they all!? 

Horatio Caine
24 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So why give him the armband?

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

The fact he can still turn out for Scotland on a regular basis tells you everything. Hes happy to sit out at any opportunity 

2 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

😂😂 you’re at it. 

The club were clearly desperate to keep him and he’s played a blinder with his negotiations - 4 years as top earner and most injury prone. Bravo Naisy you scamp

GorgieRules22

It sounds like he was taken off as a precaution and also with the surface in mind. Anyone in the know as to wether he’ll be ok for the derby or is he having people up on Boxing Day ?

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

Not sure. He came of injured at halftime complaining of a sore back. 

shouldn't let him lift his wallet then 🙂

44 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

The fact he can still turn out for Scotland on a regular basis tells you everything. Hes happy to sit out at any opportunity 

Absolute garbage, pathetic comment and only goes to prove you are no Hearts fan

Allowayjambo1874

We were desperate to sign him and in the spring he got offered a deal in America so I reckon we swung it by offering him a 4 year deal.

It seems like a ridiculous decision now but if he had gone to America and played every game people would have been going ballistic. 

He’s a high quality player but if we get no return because he’s not playing it’s a shocker of a decision.

High risk roll of the dice by CL which hasn’t worked. 

Personally i I don’t think Naismith is at it but the naivety the club has shown in this deal is criminal. Pay as you play big bonus on a low basic was the way to go. 

We we fell for the same shit with Connor Sammon came to hearts rather than Aberdeen because we offered him a 3 year deal and Aberdeen offered 2 years.

AB fails to learn from her mistakes 

Ainsley Harriott
12 hours ago, XB52 said:

Absolute garbage, pathetic comment and only goes to prove you are no Hearts fan

Really season ticket holder for the last 18 years but that's for you to decide is it? What is pathetic is people coming out with stuff like you did. 

14 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

It's becoming apparent that Naismith cannot be relied upon, we can't plan ahead for games or build a stable team. 

We cannot progress with all our eggs in one basket, he shouldn't have started today, but in the 1st half it obvious why he must, currently.

It's a shitty situation and a good test for the manager. 

Are you for real???????

Good test for the manager. What test is that, how do we get an injury prone player off the books because it’s not to get him playing football. We are sat bottom of the league with our highest wage earner having played probably less than 300 minutes this season. 

Naismith should never have been relied upon. His injury last year alone should have been enough to show that. The wheels fell off last year when he was out, yet CL allowed himself to build a team around him again for this season. To compound that he signs another crock in Jamie Walker.

Our forward planning by the great and glorious CL was based on Naismith being fit. 

1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

Are you for real???????

Good test for the manager. What test is that, how do we get an injury prone player off the books because it’s not to get him playing football. We are sat bottom of the league with our highest wage earner having played probably less than 300 minutes this season. 

Naismith should never have been relied upon. His injury last year alone should have been enough to show that. The wheels fell off last year when he was out, yet CL allowed himself to build a team around him again for this season. To compound that he signs another crock in Jamie Walker.

Our forward planning by the great and glorious CL was based on Naismith being fit. 

The past is the past, move on. 

Solutions are more difficult to predict, have a go.

The Real Maroonblood
15 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

And will undoubtedly be the highest paid player at the club 

You can thank loser Levein for that.

Naismith is a luxury we can't afford. Hopefully the Kilmarnock job will be a big enough carrot and make him leave. Thanks for half a season when you we're amazing but sorry your done.   

15 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Sorry has that been confirmed by Hearts?

It doesn't need confirmed.

Of course he went off with his back.

1 hour ago, Noah Claypole said:

The past is the past, move on. 

Solutions are more difficult to predict, have a go.

Its not the past - its very much the present. We are stuck with Naismith for the next 3 years. CL bet the house on him and lost. That's some contract to be paid up. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Its not the past - its very much the present. We are stuck with Naismith for the next 3 years. CL bet the house on him and lost. That's some contract to be paid up. 

Your solution would be?

1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

Your solution would be?

Ask away with your pointless questions. You're not achieving anything other than deflecting from posts you don't like. You didn't post about a "solution"  , you posted about "the past". Which I specfically replied to.