Naismith

Bowtow Jambo

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Ask away with your pointless questions. You're not achieving anything other than deflecting from posts you don't like. You didn't post about a "solution"  , you posted about "the past". Which I specfically replied to. 

:troll:

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• wavydavy

• GinRummy

• been here before

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't believe how ****ed his body is. 

Would do better just to retire and take up coaching. Every game we see him on the teamsheet he ends up injured. Thats not a body that can play professional football anymore. 

If we are still in the relegation mire come March (and he is fit) he had better sustain a mystery injury when the International play offs come along. Couldn't give two monkeys about Scotland. Not his fault with the injuries but he does owe us in terms of his priorities.

30 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Ask away with your pointless questions. You're not achieving anything other than deflecting from posts you don't like. You didn't post about a "solution"  , you posted about "the past". Which I specfically replied to. 

It's easy to post about the past but you need a brain cell to post about the future. Can see why you struggle.

I didn't firstly reply to you, so it's safe to assume you just wanted a reaction, trolling in other words, please stop it. 

Edited by Noah Claypole

40 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Get him to ****. Pointless having him in the squad taking a wage.

Maybe he could get a job alongside Steve Clarke and keep himself ready for the odd Scotland game.

2 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

It's easy to post about the past but you need a brain cell to post about the future. Can see why you struggle.

I didn't firstly reply to you, so it's safe to assume you just wanted a reaction, trolling in other words, please stop it. 

No, but you did reply to me and honestly you and your CL acolytes have been part of the problem. He should have gone at end of last season, instead he was allowed to blow this seasons budget on 2 injury prone players.

Going forward, the only hope here is that Naismith gets the Kilmarnock gig. Otherwise to get rid of him is going to be feckin costly as our Ex Manager/DoF/Footballing Guru was allowed to give him a 4 year deal

21 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

I doubt he will play again before the winter break. He’s absolutely knackered long term. Terrible decision to award him a 4 year contract when you look at his injury record over the last 3/4 years.

Perhaps you need a name change.

6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It doesn't need confirmed.

Of course he went off with his back.

Why “of course”? 🤔

Fort Vallance
7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Why “of course”? 🤔

Ok I'll bite. Because he wasn't  going to go off and leave his back on the pitch. It works better with leg though.

1 minute ago, Fort Vallance said:

Ok I'll bite. Because he wasn't  going to go off and leave his back on the pitch. It works better with leg though.

Ha ha very good. I was asking if the reported back injury had been confirmed by Hearts.

20 hours ago, weehammy said:

Would hope that relegation would see his contract torn up.

Agreed. If we go down this year then hopefully we can punt him. 

Can anyone point me in the direction of a post by anyone that slated Hearts/Levein/Budge for signing Naismith on a 4 year contract WHEN IT HAPPENED IN  THE SUMMER?

Anyone???

Could have should have would have brigade out in full force on this thread!!!

16 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Can anyone point me in the direction of a post by anyone that slated Hearts/Levein/Budge for signing Naismith on a 4 year contract WHEN IT HAPPENED IN  THE SUMMER?

Anyone???

Indeed Pans

29 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Anyone???

Exactly. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

4 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Exactly. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Agreed 👍

I hope I'm posting in March that there was never any danger of us getting relegated 😁

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Agreed 👍

I hope I'm posting in March that there was never any danger of us getting relegated 😁

That’s hindsightism that I like.  

38 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Anyone???

There were quite a few posters who were questioning the length of contract for someone who had not been fit for months previously, yes.

47 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Anyone???

This place would've been in meltdown had we not signed him.

That said the club and the player must have a discussion about his future at the end of the season (if we don't get relegated) if his body can't cope then he simply can't remain on the playing staff for 3 more years.

If we weren't in such dire straights, we wouldn't be rushing him back.

It's a measure of how desperate we are that he's being pushed, it's a measure of his commitment he wants to try and help us. A fully fit Naismith is a top player, we need him, but we need him fit.

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Anyone???

Think it had to be that type of deal to secure him,no problems with that signing.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

There were quite a few posters who were questioning the length of contract for someone who had not been fit for months previously, yes.

Indeed there was. 

29 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Think it had to be that type of deal to secure him,no problems with that signing.

It’s the total cost over the contract length that is key. If we had only offered him a two year contract he would probably have wanted a substantially bigger monthly ‘wage’ imo. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

The very first post after the announcement was made questioned the length of the contract. BUT NOBODY QUESTIONED IT AT THE TIME!

:kirk:

Screenshot_20191223-103601~2.png

To be fair, you know what this place is like and anyone questioning something like the signing of Naismith or Walker would have been called a Hobo and to go back to dot Net.

My question about the deal is based on his injury record last year, was the deal structured as a flat salary or a lower basic plus game bonus. 

If it’s flat salary then someone does want questioning as to why we have Sanctioned  giving someone who is clearly injury prone a deal like this. 

I’d be asking the same question about the deal for Walker.

I assumed the lengths would be to do with the possibility of going into coaching so I have no issues with that as such but I would like to know the structure of the deal

1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

We can have a go at the club for a lot of things but this is not one of them. This has just been unlucky.

Please tell me how it’s unlucky. He has a history of injuries. We got about 15 games out of him last season. We’ll be lucky to get the same again this season. If we have structured this as straight salary then whoever signed off on that needs to have their sanity questioned

AlphonseCapone

Tbh I don't think it's a case of, he's injured, gets completely fit, comes back and gets injured afresh.

I think it's a case of his back is a serious issue, hasn't healed properly to the point they've done some things to bring him back quickly and see how he gets on but that they probably would have been best not to, and that's how he managed the Scotland games too. The back issue has led to the hamstring issues, which anyone who has hurt their back will appreciate the strain on your posture and legs.

I don't know if he'll ever get over this back issue but I certainly don't think we'll see him fully fit this season. Especially if we keep rushing him.

The above is ball my opinion, with some educated guesses on things I've heard but I'm not Naismith or his doctor.

I also don't think he's intentionally done us over either. I think he's desperate to play, and will be partly to blame for coming back too early because of that.

Edited by AlphonseCapone

4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Tbh I don't think it's a case of, he's injured, gets completely fit, comes back and gets injured afresh.

I think it's a case of his back is a serious issue, hasn't healed properly to the point they've done some things to bring him back quickly and see how he gets on but that they probably would have been best not to, and that's how he managed the Scotland games too. The back issue has led to the hamstring issues, which anyone who has hurt their back will appreciate the strain on your posture and legs.

I don't know if he'll ever get over this back issue but I certainly don't think we'll see him fully fit this season. Especially if we keep rushing him.

The above is ball my opinion, with some educated guesses on things I've heard but I'm not Naismith or his doctor.

I also don't think he's intentionally done us over either. I think he's desperate to play, and will be partly to blame for coming back too early because of that.

Good summary. I'm as frustrated as everyone as he makes such a difference to the team but those accusing him of a lack of commitment are way wide of the mark. If anything he's rushed himself back again because he's so desperate to help the club.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

He said he was rushed back last season and he wouldn’t do that again. We rely on him so much that we’re desperate for him to play, not only us but Scotland too which is a sorry state for both to be in. I don’t know if there’s a cure for his problem, if there is we need to send him to the best and try to get is sorted. As we seem to like to get value for our money then let’s get him in the dug out for games barking out instructions in conjunction with Stendel of course.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

It’s the total cost over the contract length that is key. If we had only offered him a two year contract he would probably have wanted a substantially bigger monthly ‘wage’ imo. 

I agree and it is probably more tax efficient over a longer period of time.

Kickback has turned into the Foundation for Demotivating Hearts.

Who will we pick on tomorrow?

Wise up, people,  before it's too late.

Where applicable, get a life.

Merry Christmas Everyone. 

Jambof3tornado

Not sure it's quite early enough to wrote naismith off given that when fit he still manages 90 minutes of play. Maybe like others at the club he has just been unlucky with the injuries he has had?

Nobody has any idea of the structure of his contract so we cant possibly say that 4 years was a bum deal.

Come February when we are sneaking up the table with Naismith in the team pulling the strings some people will look a bit silly on here.

8 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Kickback has turned into the Foundation for Demotivating Hearts.

Who will we pick on tomorrow?

Wise up, people,  before it's too late.

Where applicable, get a life.

Merry Christmas Everyone. 

🎅🏼😎

14 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Wait til it comes out that he's on a pay as you play contract 👀

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if years 3 & 4 are pay as you play and/or coaching depending on fitness. 

AlphonseCapone
19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He said he was rushed back last season and he wouldn’t do that again. We rely on him so much that we’re desperate for him to play, not only us but Scotland too which is a sorry state for both to be in. I don’t know if there’s a cure for his problem, if there is we need to send him to the best and try to get is sorted. As we seem to like to get value for our money then let’s get him in the dug out for games barking out instructions in conjunction with Stendel of course.

We probably set out fully intending not to rush him back this season but then found ourselves fighting it out for bottom spot and got desperate.

I definitely agree we need to get him the best treatment to give us the best chance of getting something out him for the remainder of his contract.

3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

This place would've been in meltdown had we not signed him.

That said the club and the player must have a discussion about his future at the end of the season (if we don't get relegated) if his body can't cope then he simply can't remain on the playing staff for 3 more years.

Quite the clamour as I recall, I think I also read that part of the reason for the length of contract was so that his comp could be brought in line with our caps.  A few comments on this;

a) this was the deal that was done, we are bound to honour it.

b) he will rightly be looking out for his own personal interests, this is his career and this will almost certainly be his last payday on the playing side.

c) this does not make him a 'wage thief', if anyone is looking to point fingers perhaps aim them at those that thought it was a good idea at the time, be they supporter, Chairwoman or DoF...

d) it's his body that's the issue not his mentality.  The guy is clearly a winner and the personal attacks are both specious and embarrassing.

Adam_the_legend
20 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Wait til it comes out that he's on a pay as you play contract 👀

ITK?

10 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not sure it's quite early enough to wrote naismith off given that when fit he still manages 90 minutes of play. Maybe like others at the club he has just been unlucky with the injuries he has had?

Nobody has any idea of the structure of his contract so we cant possibly say that 4 years was a bum deal.

Come February when we are sneaking up the table with Naismith in the team pulling the strings some people will look a bit silly on here.

Nothing would make me happier but if you look at his injury record over the last 3/4 years and the fact he’s only getting older I think we might be seeing the end of his career. We’ll be lucky to get 5-10 games a season out of him. Unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Anyone???

Well said Pans. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

We probably set out fully intending not to rush him back this season but then found ourselves fighting it out for bottom spot and got desperate.

I definitely agree we need to get him the best treatment to give us the best chance of getting something out him for the remainder of his contract.

I think Levein was desperate, since he went down injured at Dundee last October we’ve been in free fall. It was also a bit of desperation to start him on Saturday, a gamble that’s failed to come off again. Fingers crossed that somehow we can find a way to get him fit and on the pitch.

Pasquale for King
Just now, farin said:

Not his back, although that was the reason given for subbing him on sat kirk has since said he suffered a recurrence of a hamstring injury against Hamilton.. 

A more qualified person will confirm it but the two problem areas are obviously connected and can affect each other. Remember Colin Cameron wearing a mouth guard to cure a groin problem? I’m going to physio for my back in an hour, I will ask.

8 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

Quite the clamour as I recall, I think I also read that part of the reason for the length of contract was so that his comp could be brought in line with our caps.  A few comments on this;

a) this was the deal that was done, we are bound to honour it.

b) he will rightly be looking out for his own personal interests, this is his career and this will almost certainly be his last payday on the playing side.

c) this does not make him a 'wage thief', if anyone is looking to point fingers perhaps aim them at those that thought it was a good idea at the time, be they supporter, Chairwoman or DoF...

d) it's his body that's the issue not his mentality.  The guy is clearly a winner and the personal attacks are both specious and embarrassing.

The last point (D) is key here, if we can't have his mentality on the pitch then get him on the coaching staff, instil that winning mentality and professionalism throughout the club.

AlphonseCapone
5 minutes ago, farin said:

Not his back, although that was the reason given for subbing him on sat kirk has since said he suffered a recurrence of a hamstring injury against Hamilton.. 

Aye but I think the hamstring issue started because of and is aggravated by the back issue.

Edited by AlphonseCapone