Naismith

Bowtow Jambo

3 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Tomorrow is still a massive game for us. Will make a big difference if Naismith is in the team. Start him up front with Wighton and Mulraney supporting him. 

Mulraney injured I think 🙄

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• wavydavy

• GinRummy

• Robbo-Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Tomorrow is still a massive game for us. Will make a big difference if Naismith is in the team. Start him up front with Wighton and Mulraney supporting him. 

I'm confused. I thought Mulraney was $#!te. Make up my mind.

7 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

If other players match the focus that was clearly evident v Celtic in respect of retaining the ball and linking play, it’ll be right up Naismith’s street.

For too long we lacked combination play and certain players not being big and brave enough to protect the ball, or work hard to support the man in possession 

I think some fans would prefer to be hearing he was out for the season, so they could have a good moan. Good chance he’ll be ready to start against Hibs. 

15 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Mulraney injured I think 🙄

Ah yeah. Forgot he went off on Wednesday. Maybe try Henderson out in there then. 

16 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

He isn’t great, but he can do a job. 

21 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

This is an extract from Stendel's pre match interview.

“I hope Naisy can come back into the squad tomorrow,” he said. “Christophe is suspended. I hope every other player (who is not injured) can play tomorrow. We train today and then I’ll decide about Jake after training.

“Jamie Brandon is not fit for tomorrow. He’ll have a scan then we’ll know more but at the moment we only know that he has a big ankle!”

Edited by wavydavy

Thing is we need him back playing games consistently, if he plays well in the Hamilton game, then his fitness will improve for the next game and hopefully will get through his niggling injury problems. We can’t wrap him in cotton wool

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

It's the Levein legacy. If Naismith and his injury prone colleagues can manage to stay fit and play a few games on the trot them maybe the mood will change.

And if they had stayed fit in the first place the mood might not have needed to change!

alwaysthereinspirit
28 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

24 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

This is an extract from Stendel's pre match interview.

“I hope Naisy can come back into the squad tomorrow,” he said. “Christophe is suspended. I hope every other player (who is not injured) can play tomorrow. We train today and then I’ll decide about Jake after training.

“Jamie Brandon is not fit for tomorrow. He’ll have a scan then we’ll know more but at the moment we only know that he has a big ankle!”

I dont mind him. I think this manager will get more out of some players than Levein did. I think he'll give them more of a chance to prove themselves. Before being dropped for nothing and killing their confidence.

1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I dont mind him. I think this manager will get more out of some players than Levein did. I think he'll give them more of a chance to prove themselves. Before being dropped for nothing and killing their confidence.

Mulraney I thought looked dejected on Wednesday before his injury and seems to have lost his confidence again. He was  like that when he first came to us and then showed some improvement. He is certainly our fastest player and I am sure Stendel will encourage him and hopefully get the best out of him.

Brandon is out of contract at the end of the season and I hope we offer him another deal as he is a decent player to have around the squad.

I thought he had played well before his injury on Wednesday.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Mulraney I thought looked dejected on Wednesday before his injury and seems to have lost his confidence again. He was  like that when he first came to us and then showed some improvement. He is certainly our fastest player and I am sure Stendel will encourage him and hopefully get the best out of him.

Brandon is out of contract at the end of the season and I hope we offer him another deal as he is a decent player to have around the squad.

I think Mulraney picked up some sort of strain in the first 10 mins; he started off on the front foot, but form early on he was stretching and flexing his leg. Thereafter he didn’t get involved as much. I was surprised to see him back out for the 2nd half.

portobellojambo1
5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

So he can make his hamstring injury worse by playing on the plastic pitch.😂

I suspect he will ask Naismith more than once before deciding if he plays tomorrow, whether for the full game or only part of it. If either he or Naismith have even a slight doubt he won't play. The manager has already removed Jamie Walker during the week and was not chuffed that he had been getting picked while he was far from 100% fit.

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I suspect he will ask Naismith more than once before deciding if he plays tomorrow, whether for the full game or only part of it. If either he or Naismith have even a slight doubt he won't play. The manager has already removed Jamie Walker during the week and was not chuffed that he had been getting picked while he was far from 100% fit.

Not sure Jamie has ever been 100% fit. 😀

Give him a run out, bag a brace then pull him. Keep him fit for boxing day. 

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

It's the Levein legacy. If Naismith and his injury prone colleagues can manage to stay fit and play a few games on the trot them maybe the mood will change.

Or the constant fecking whiners will move on to a new drone. Honest to **** this place would depress a lottery winner. Every thread negativity by page two. Certainly not the fun it used to be.

(Cue some **** quoting this with Its aww Levein’s fault).

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, combo74 said:

I think Mulraney picked up some sort of strain in the first 10 mins; he started off on the front foot, but form early on he was stretching and flexing his leg. Thereafter he didn’t get involved as much. I was surprised to see him back out for the 2nd half.

Riccarton hamstring, no age group is safe.

2 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

If coached properly he could be half decent. Never uses his pace effectively. 

6 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Or the constant fecking whiners will move on to a new drone. Honest to **** this place would depress a lottery winner. Every thread negativity by page two. Certainly not the fun it used to be.

(Cue some **** quoting this with Its aww Levein’s fault).

Actually most of it is.

16 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I’d rather he played in the next three. 

Even if he’s fit i don’t want him playing today. We should have enough quality to beat Hamilton without him. I want him all systems go for the next two home games though. 9 points will be lovely 😎

been here before
34 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Has he pulled a calf muscle yet?

Heard he eent for a shite this morning but "felt his hamstring" on the way back from the bog.

Could be looking at another 3 weeks now.

51 minutes ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Even if he’s fit i don’t want him playing today. We should have enough quality to beat Hamilton without him. I want him all systems go for the next two home games though. 9 points will be lovely 😎

Should and do are very different concepts!!

If Naismith is fit, he should play. We need to win.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
53 minutes ago, been here before said:

Heard he eent for a shite this morning but "felt his hamstring" on the way back from the bog.

Could be looking at another 3 weeks now.

Latest fitness update is that he’ll be back around the time when Scotland next play

12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Latest fitness update is that he’ll be back around the time when Scotland next play

Ha ha ha ha hahaha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Oh man. Yes! ****ing YES!!!!!!

HA HA HAHHAA HHA HA HA HA HA HA.

Superb

****ing yes

been here before
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Perhaps. I heard the following from an impeccable ITK source... 

"Stevie goes for a shite on his own. He's been around the game a long time and knows his own shiting routine better than anyone else and what his body can take. He generally takes a paper in with him and has a wee bash at the crossword but today he took in the Christmas Radio Times and a pen with a view to circling what to watch. Just as he was circling a Forged In Fire Champion of Champions episode he dropped his pen. He thinks he might have leaned over a bit far, thinks his balance might have been compromised by a bit of a loose bolt on the toilet seat and felt his hamstring. While he'd like to be back for Hearts he's also aware Scoland have a big game toward the end of March".

7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Superb

****ing yes

😂 Taken that a wee bit too far Big O 

1 minute ago, whodanny said:

😂 Taken that a wee bit too far Big O 

Och i know but can we go 5 posts without someone saying "aw duh he'll be fit for Scotland". Dusk got my full sarcasm sack unfilled on him.

I followed it up with more on the next scorer thread too! Bit bored today. Got the cold!

16 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Superb

****ing yes

🤣🤣 no idea why I laughed so much at that.

9 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Actually most of it is.

We know but **** me the “Christmas ruined” thread is an example of where a line in the sand should be drawn.

Things are shit. We get it. Hopefully it’s gonna improve. 

7 minutes ago, COACH 13 said:

He's finished, manages the odd run of games then out again for months. Influences nothing on the pitch from the treatment room continually, we n

You wish!

18 minutes ago, COACH 13 said:

He's finished, manages the odd run of games then out again for months. Influences nothing on the pitch from the treatment room continually, we n

My absolute hope with Naismith is that Levein was too relaxed with him. I hope Stendel and his enthusiasm can get Naismith off the treatment table and on the park. I have been a huge critic of Naismith and the Scotland episode but I am happy to give him a clean slate. When he plays we are such a different side. I can’t wait to see him playing with the side facing forward and moving towards the opposition goal, instead of the side to side backwards stuff we’ve been used to. Him fit and at it is the difference from us fighting relegation and fighting for 4th. 

Jambof3tornado
17 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Mulraney spent so long having to worry about losing the ball when he did venture forward it may take some time to build him up confidence wise.

39 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

We know but **** me the “Christmas ruined” thread is an example of where a line in the sand should be drawn.

Things are shit. We get it. Hopefully it’s gonna improve. 

Hopefully from today. Merry Xmas.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Mulraney spent so long having to worry about losing the ball when he did venture forward it may take some time to build him up confidence wise.

That’s a big factor imo. Other players obviously affected by this as well. 

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

My absolute hope with Naismith is that Levein was too relaxed with him. I hope Stendel and his enthusiasm can get Naismith off the treatment table and on the park. I have been a huge critic of Naismith and the Scotland episode but I am happy to give him a clean slate. When he plays we are such a different side. I can’t wait to see him playing with the side facing forward and moving towards the opposition goal, instead of the side to side backwards stuff we’ve been used to. Him fit and at it is the difference from us fighting relegation and fighting for 4th. 

Having read Michael Smith's comments in a recent newspapaper article about levels of fitness I wonder if the teams possible lack of fitness has been a contributory factor in the high number of injuries our players have had.

Ok I know some of these may just happen and are unavoidable however Smith was saying that Stendel has been working them hard on improving their fitness levels partly down to the high press style he wants them to play.

At this time of the season players should be at the top of their fitness levels without having to train extra hard to be at their best.

6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

What about Brandon?

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Having read Michael Smith's comments in a recent newspapaper article about levels of fitness I wonder if the teams possible lack of fitness has been a contributory factor in the high number of injuries our players have had.

Ok I know some of these may just happen and are unavoidable however Smith was saying that Stendel has been working them hard on improving their fitness levels partly down to the high press style he wants them to play.

At this time of the season players should be at the top of their fitness levels without having to train extra hard to be at their best.

I’ve howled at the moon about the fitness in the squad for years. Every Hearts group chat I have is filled with me howling at the moon about running up and down sand dunes and it’s impact on players and their injuries etc. Hopefully with some proper coaching and some sport science we will see this improve.