Us, the fans and supporters

Heartsofgold

Right. 

We have our new manager and it’s clear to see he’s sussed the squad very quickly. They are lacking in confidence not ability in the most part. 

WE need to do our part and stop the incessant booing and angry shouts from the stands when a player makes a mistake. We need to remember that they are human and will always make mistakes. They need us to buck then up and encourage them to fight back and rectify those mistakes.

I’m just as bad as anyone in Tynecastle right now, I admit it but tonight that will change. One of our players loses the ball my shouts will not be of derision but encouragement. That’s what these player need, not us howling for them to get tae **** or your ****ing shite get off the pitch. 

Come on lads and lassies. As the announcer says, let’s get right behind the team, make some noise and remind our opponents that this is Tynecastle, a place to be feared. 

A great shout and it's what we need.  To actually support and encourage the team. If something doesn't come off, don't put them off from trying to do the same thing again. 

It'll last 15 minutes though, and players like Sean Clare won't even get that long.

The only people allowed to create an atmosphere at Budge's fortress are those in the away end. I salute your OP but your efforts are futile under this regime.

We_are_the_Hearts

The game always starts with plenty encouragement and fans can handle mistakes but there is a clear lack of application and players hiding and that will never be accepted and quite right.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The only people allowed to create an atmosphere at Budge's fortress are those in the away end. I salute your OP but your efforts are futile under this regime.

If enough people start though i8 then it’ll take off. We need this mate. No ifs buts or excuses. 

The Treasurer

Give us effort on the pitch and the fans will react in the right way.

I'm not saying we have to be 4-0 up after 10 minutes but we need to see that the team is giving their all.

100% effort on the pitch = 100% backing off it

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

If enough people start though i8 then it’ll take off. We need this mate. No ifs buts or excuses. 

No point in trying to have a normal discussion with this poster, he has this strange and misguided impression that AB has banned singing or shouting at Tynecastle.

7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I'm not saying we have to be 4-0 up after 10 minutes but we need to see that the team is giving their all.

The Rangers game at Tynecastle, the players were at Rangers straight from the start which in turn got the crowd going. It can be done by this group of players. 

Thought Police
17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You consistently confuse atmosphere with sectarianism 

Sexton Hardcastle
22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Yeah it’s such a shame AB and co don’t want us to shout sectarian, racial and homophobic chants.

****ing honestly man.

Clark Griswold
19 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

:spoton: 

42 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Right. 

We have our new manager and it’s clear to see he’s sussed the squad very quickly. They are lacking in confidence not ability in the most part. 

WE need to do our part and stop the incessant booing and angry shouts from the stands when a player makes a mistake. We need to remember that they are human and will always make mistakes. They need us to buck then up and encourage them to fight back and rectify those mistakes.

I’m just as bad as anyone in Tynecastle right now, I admit it but tonight that will change. One of our players loses the ball my shouts will not be of derision but encouragement. That’s what these player need, not us howling for them to get tae **** or your ****ing shite get off the pitch. 

Come on lads and lassies. As the announcer says, let’s get right behind the team, make some noise and remind our opponents that this is Tynecastle, a place to be feared. 

Players will always stick. It’s always been they way. Some players deserve it, others not so much. I will excuse a lack of ability but never a lack of effort. There are a good few in this squad who deserve stick.

40 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Games against this lot tend to look after themselves. As long as the players put the effort in, they will get great support.

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Games against this lot tend to look after themselves. As long as the players put the effort in, they will get great support.

I would say the next three home games fall into that category, mate. They will take care of themselves. Hamilton away is when the real backing is needed.

Just now, Boab said:

I would say the next three home games fall into that category, mate. They will take care of themselves. Hamilton away is when the real backing is needed.

Definitely :thumbs_up:

I can only cope with one game at a time at the minute!

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Definitely :thumbs_up:

I can only cope with one game at a time at the minute!

MIA tonight but will rock up on Sat.

Positive thoughts and actions only !!

I've been a season ticket holder for 20 years and the players have always taken stick when things aren't going well. What is a new experience for me, however, is the abuse I've received for trying to encourage to the team. Last season, Uche misplaced a pass and I shouted 'Unlucky, keep going' only for the guy next to me to go on a tirade about how pathetic I was for accepting the drivel on show. It happened a few times so moved seats this season, only for my new neighbour to only opening his mouth to abuse Sean Clare or me if I applaud a good run, pass or tackle of his (as rare as they are).

I've read this as being a victim of our own success off the field. I've watched better Hearts sides than this with average Tynecastle crowds of 11-12k. The promise of fan ownership has created a sense of entitlement that I haven't seen before. I expect Hearts to be doing better but the best route to success will be through giving the players our full throated support.

Edited by plastic_bas

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Come on ffs.

The new manager of choice is in so any chance you can suspend your 'playing to the cheap seats' pish for a bit?

13 minutes ago, plastic_bas said:

I've been a season ticket holder for 20 years and the players have always taken stick when things aren't going well. What is a new experience for me, however, is the abuse I've received for trying to encourage to the team. Last season, Uche misplaced a pass and I shouted 'Unlucky, keep going' only for the guy next to me to go on a tirade about how pathetic I was for accepting the drivel on show. It happened a few times so moved seats this season, only for my new neighbour to only opening his mouth to abuse Sean Clare or me if I applaud a good run, pass or tackle of his (as rare as they are).

I've read this as being a victim of our own success off the field. I've watched better Hearts sides than this with average Tynecastle crowds of 11-12k. The promise of fan ownership has created a sense of entitlement that I haven't seen before. I expect Hearts to be doing better but the best route to success will be through giving the players our full throated support.

I totally get that.

The Wrinkly Ninja
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

No point in trying to have a normal discussion with this poster, he has this strange and misguided impression that AB has banned singing or shouting at Tynecastle.

To be fair he doesn’t hear any singing.

Neither would I though if I didn’t go to games.

The reason the crown reacts the way we do is because of what we have been watching.

Does booing help. Probably not. Can’t it be helped. Probably not. 

If the players want us off their backs then it is in their gift to do something about it.

The Hearts support can fall in love with you and make you a hero. It is down to each of those players to show that they want it.

The Hearts support can also break you....but that’s down to you.

6 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Come on ffs.

The new manager of choice is in so any chance you can suspend your 'playing to the cheap seats' pish for a bit?

The boy's had a good few nibbles for a predictable non-entity who doesn't go to games.  Don't know why folk even bother.

Anyhow, good OP.  It's fair enough to ask for more from the fans (or less, as the case might be).  But it would be nice to see that reciprocated by the guys on the pitch.  It's a symbiotic relationship, at the end of the day.

been here before

True that.

What we need is more attention seeking, Tommy Robinson sympathising, knicker choring, bigoted, leaching, hypocritical boring welts with nothing to offer pretending to be Hearts supporters actively encouraging others to stay away from games.

Then we need those attention seeking,  Tommy Robinson sympathising, knicker choring, bigoted, leaching, hypocritical boring welts with nothing to offer but who could easily get to games to choose not to go because they're in a tears and snotters huff and cant be arsed supporting the team because of their pathetic little one man boycott of all things Hearts.

Thats the answer.

Edited by been here before

I’d add that this isn’t a new phenomenon.

Games like tonight will be as they always are. Games against the likes of Ross Co etc are as they have been for years.

...a bit disco
4 minutes ago, Haken said:

The boy's had a good few nibbles for a predictable non-entity who doesn't go to games.  Don't know why folk even bother.

Anyhow, good OP.  It's fair enough to ask for more from the fans (or less, as the case might be).  But it would be nice to see that reciprocated by the guys on the pitch.  It's a symbiotic relationship, at the end of the day.

Half ashamed that I sunk and bit tbh.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

This for me. Football is an emotional game. We get their best they’ll get ours

Nothing is going to change atmosphere wise until the summer. Everyone, players and fans need a break. Too much baggage around this group of players, coaches etc etc. 

My biggest concern is that fans will turn on Stendel before he’s even had a chance to do anything. His philosophy on the game isn’t something Hearts fans are used to and when we see stuff we don’t recognise we can turn. That’s my biggest fear is come the summer the anger will be aimed at Stendel when none of the crap we see just now is his fault. 

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

I’d add that this isn’t a new phenomenon.

Games like tonight will be as they always are. Games against the likes of Ross Co etc are as they have been for years.

Disagree with the second point. Probably got noticeably worse when Jack Hamilton started being our number 1. Every time Jack hacked a.long ball out of the park jeering and booing from fans, if he kept it in and it reached half way a cheer would go up.  Just one example. McLean and Clare have got dogs abuse since day 1, Uche now seems a target. A large percentage of our fans need to take a good look at themselves,  out with games v the vermin and Rantic our fans are like starting a man or a goal down. 

I realise we are a poor team we can do nothing about that until January but we can give the new manager some help by laying off our own players.

Wait a minute, we're not allowed to belt out the Hearts Song?  Not allowed to roar to encourage the team to get stuck in?  Not allowed to sing the multiple songs we have which aren't bigoted?

Didn't see that memo from Budge.  Can you dig it out and post it please?  Good lad.

39 minutes ago, been here before said:

True that.

What we need is more attention seeking, Tommy Robinson sympathising, knicker choring, bigoted, leaching, hypocritical boring welts with nothing to offer pretending to be Hearts supporters actively encouraging others to stay away from games.

Then we need those attention seeking,  Tommy Robinson sympathising, knicker choring, bigoted, leaching, hypocritical boring welts with nothing to offer but who could easily get to games to choose not to go because they're in a tears and snotters huff and cant be arsed supporting the team because of their pathetic little one man boycott of all things Hearts.

Thats the answer.

14 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Typical nonce behaviour of his.

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Wait a minute, we're not allowed to belt out the Hearts Song?  Not allowed to roar to encourage the team to get stuck in?  Not allowed to sing the multiple songs we have which aren't bigoted?

Didn't see that memo from Budge.  Can you dig it out and post it please?  Good lad.

Saved me posting similar, cheers guys 😚😚😚

And on a serious note (no reply to i8 is serious, just a frivolity).

It's an absolute fact that team will perform better with a supportive crowd behind them.  Just undeniable.

Likelihood of Sean Clare being allowed to misplace a pass or lose a 50/50 even if he's played 10 good passed and won his last 40/60?  Zero.

I've never supported anyone else, so maybe all supports are like it, but it really drive me mental how stupid some folk are.  We surely all want Hearts to win, but some folk are up on their feet within seconds of kickoff berating our players.

None of us enjoy us being shite.  None of us have enjoyed the last 2 years.  Not all of us feel the way to go about it is to squeal like bairns who've had their sweeties confiscated every time a plate tries something that doesn't come off.

Let's be clear, the problem has been the coaching.  But we do not create an atmosphere where it's OK to try.  The amount of times players even get berated for doing the right thing is unbelievable.

All we can hope for is the team show enough passion to get guys like me, who generally watch the game in silence, but join in the songs, going enough that we down out the howlers!!!!

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

A great shout and it's what we need.  To actually support and encourage the team. If something doesn't come off, don't put them off from trying to do the same thing again. 

It'll last 15 minutes though, and players like Sean Clare won't even get that long.

Dead right. He gets booed by these numpties  when Scott reads out the line-up

I am dreading tonight but, as with the OP, will be 100% behind the team.  All i want in return is a glimpse of improvement, effort and commitment. 

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Nothing is going to change atmosphere wise until the summer. Everyone, players and fans need a break. Too much baggage around this group of players, coaches etc etc. 

My biggest concern is that fans will turn on Stendel before he’s even had a chance to do anything. His philosophy on the game isn’t something Hearts fans are used to and when we see stuff we don’t recognise we can turn. That’s my biggest fear is come the summer the anger will be aimed at Stendel when none of the crap we see just now is his fault. 

Fully agree with this. I’m backing him for the long haul. Would love to be wrong and he turns it around quicker but this is a huge ask and I think this will be a work in progress.

That’s fine though, it’s about the next 5 years, not just this year, and I think Stendel has a plan and knows exactly what he needs to do. He is making big big decisions already and that’s exactly what we need. If he demands more than what he is getting he is perfectly entitled to say so. 

I don’t think anyone going tonight, including me expects anything other than a dry boabying, however agree with OP even a faint glimmer of improvement would be nice. All we ask is everything you’ve got. If we get arsed at least we get arsed trying

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Fully agree with this. I’m backing him for the long haul. Would love to be wrong and he turns it around quicker but this is a huge ask and I think this will be a work in progress.

That’s fine though, it’s about the next 5 years, not just this year, and I think Stendel has a plan and knows exactly what he needs to do. He is making big big decisions already and that’s exactly what we need. If he demands more than what he is getting he is perfectly entitled to say so. 

He’s sussed the place out after a week. Stopped making excuses and started calling folk out, that’s right up my street and exactly what is needed. Standards have slipped and we haven’t anyone maintaining them. It’s class that he’s been so vocal so quickly. 

A very mInor detail but can we have the more modern/least older version of the hearts song before kick off? As much as I enjoy the hector nicol version the atmosphere always seems that bit better at the start of the game when the newer version is played. 

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Words fail me, you really are a sad sad person. Thank God you don't go to games

3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

He’s sussed the place out after a week. Stopped making excuses and started calling folk out, that’s right up my street and exactly what is needed. Standards have slipped and we haven’t anyone maintaining them. It’s class that he’s been so vocal so quickly. 

What you said is the only way to go around changing the current acceptance of failure and mental attitude throughout the squad.

If if he doesn’t do this then we will never move on from where we are 👍

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Yeah it’s such a shame AB and co don’t want us to shout sectarian, racial and homophobic chants.

****ing honestly man.

Exactly ! Make as much noise as anybody wants aslong as it's within the law

2 hours ago, plastic_bas said:

I know mate.  I've seen and heard it in the main stand.  What got me on Saturday was the massive sarcastic cheer that Clare got on Saturday when he was subbed.  He was not our worst player by far on the day but he's been singled out for the treatment.  I felt heart sick for the guy, that must have felt like a bloody knife in him.  Heard several people round me have a go a other players as well.

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Disagree with the second point. Probably got noticeably worse when Jack Hamilton started being our number 1. Every time Jack hacked a.long ball out of the park jeering and booing from fans, if he kept it in and it reached half way a cheer would go up.  Just one example. McLean and Clare have got dogs abuse since day 1, Uche now seems a target. A large percentage of our fans need to take a good look at themselves,  out with games v the vermin and Rantic our fans are like starting a man or a goal down. 

I realise we are a poor team we can do nothing about that until January but we can give the new manager some help by laying off our own players.

Personally I think it will be the summer months before anything starts to happen,   regarding players coming and going"  everything has taken so long so far"  and we need to get stendels helpers in first,   it's frustrating, the fans are emotionally on a downer "   this crap has went on too long ,   and it's going to be a game of patience till its sorted ,,,,,,,

Just now, Hectormasson said:

Personally I think it will be the summer months before anything starts to happen,   regarding players coming and going"  everything has taken so long so far"  and we need to get stendels helpers in first,   it's frustrating, the fans are emotionally on a downer "   this crap has went on too long ,   and it's going to be a game of patience till its sorted ,,,,,,,

We really don't have time to wait till summer.  We need to pick the team up NOW or we will be in a dog fight at the bottom of our league with teams and players who have been used to that same dogfight through their careers.

4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

We really don't have time to wait till summer.  We need to pick the team up NOW or we will be in a dog fight at the bottom of our league with teams and players who have been used to that same dogfight through their careers.

Exactly m8 , january window is the most important part of the clubs  history in a very long time "  I just hope he gets the funds he needs & gets players fit enough to put the fight in to stop the rot

Edited by Hectormasson
Mistakes in message

bigsuperslim1874
31 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

A very mInor detail but can we have the more modern/least older version of the hearts song before kick off? As much as I enjoy the hector nicol version the atmosphere always seems that bit better at the start of the game when the newer version is played. 

100% agree 👍

10 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

100% agree 👍

Live to hear andy Stewart's  version of " the" heart of midlothian" played at games ,? Pretty uplifting?