Us, the fans and supporters

Heartsofgold

My new strategy to counter the annoying morons who sit near me and constantly boo...is to boo them. When they boo at Clare, Bobby or Berra, I shall loudly boo back in defence of our players. Boo boo'ers. 

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Disagree with the second point. Probably got noticeably worse when Jack Hamilton started being our number 1. Every time Jack hacked a.long ball out of the park jeering and booing from fans, if he kept it in and it reached half way a cheer would go up.  Just one example. McLean and Clare have got dogs abuse since day 1, Uche now seems a target. A large percentage of our fans need to take a good look at themselves,  out with games v the vermin and Rantic our fans are like starting a man or a goal down. 

I realise we are a poor team we can do nothing about that until January but we can give the new manager some help by laying off our own players.

Been going on before Hamilton was born, mate. That’s the only point I’m making.

2 minutes ago, montrose76 said:

My new strategy to counter the annoying morons who sit near me and constantly boo...is to boo them. When they boo at Clare, Bobby or Berra, I shall loudly boo back in defence of our players. Boo boo'ers. 

I'm with you, let's get the booers shamed. Support the team you miserable farts

We_are_the_Hearts
8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I'm with you, let's get the booers shamed. Support the team you miserable farts

The booers and cardboard cutouts take up about 95% of our support. At least the booers make a noise and have a pulse

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, plastic_bas said:

I've been a season ticket holder for 20 years and the players have always taken stick when things aren't going well. What is a new experience for me, however, is the abuse I've received for trying to encourage to the team. Last season, Uche misplaced a pass and I shouted 'Unlucky, keep going' only for the guy next to me to go on a tirade about how pathetic I was for accepting the drivel on show. It happened a few times so moved seats this season, only for my new neighbour to only opening his mouth to abuse Sean Clare or me if I applaud a good run, pass or tackle of his (as rare as they are).

I've read this as being a victim of our own success off the field. I've watched better Hearts sides than this with average Tynecastle crowds of 11-12k. The promise of fan ownership has created a sense of entitlement that I haven't seen before. I expect Hearts to be doing better but the best route to success will be through giving the players our full throated support.

You raise some giod points PB. That is unnaceptable behaviour and you should report it mate. I gave some encouragment to JW, CB and Hickey on Sat and it was clear some around me were irritated by me doing this, but i dont really care.

These symptoms though, IMO,  are indicative of wider society behaviours, and i believe are more to do with general intolerance than anything specifically football or fan ownership related.

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Nothing is going to change atmosphere wise until the summer. Everyone, players and fans need a break. Too much baggage around this group of players, coaches etc etc. 

My biggest concern is that fans will turn on Stendel before he’s even had a chance to do anything. His philosophy on the game isn’t something Hearts fans are used to and when we see stuff we don’t recognise we can turn. That’s my biggest fear is come the summer the anger will be aimed at Stendel when none of the crap we see just now is his fault. 

Thats is a real danger IMO. If he shows honesty and realism then i think he will be okay. Im a little concerned who "has his ear" though, if im honest.

bigsuperslim1874
29 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Live to hear andy Stewart's  version of " the" heart of midlothian" played at games ,? Pretty uplifting?

The Hector Nicol version just doesn’t get the crowd going the same way as the 86 version. It’s too ‘slow’.

Would be happy to hear other stuff at Half Time though.

Edited by bigsuperslim1874

We have been subjected to the worst lack lustre performances for the last two years, with a few exceptions. The exceptions have been when we looked like we were interested in competing all over the park, and playing a high tempo pressing game. When we see players showing no urgency or passion for the fight, it affects the atmosphere. The insistence of Levein's tactics to immediately retreat, and "play our way into the game" has been the catalyst imo.

The team will feed off the fans, and vice versa - all the team need to do is show the necessary aggression. Therefore lets bin ambling up to throw in's, dawdling over to take corners, backwards and sideways passes, when there is space ahead.  All the team has to do to get the fans onside, is look like they are trying and playing for the jersey.

VagabondJambo
1 hour ago, Simmo said:

Dead right. He gets booed by these numpties  when Scott reads out the line-up

Let’s drown out that booing with enthusiastic applause, cheers, and roars for EVERY Hearts player, as Scott reads out the line-up that Daniel has selected as his best team for tonight.  He selects - we support.  Starting with greeting the line-up positively also gets us into the swing of things for the rest of the match!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm generally not a boo boy, never seen the point until now.

Saturdays lack of accountability deserves resounding and loud criticism.

Its affecting their confidence? Not affecting their pay is it.

Grow a set and get on with the job and do what you are paid (well) and accountable for

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

We have been subjected to the worst lack lustre performances for the last two years, with a few exceptions. The exceptions have been when we looked like we were interested in competing all over the park, and playing a high tempo pressing game. When we see players showing no urgency or passion for the fight, it affects the atmosphere. The insistence of Levein's tactics to immediately retreat, and "play our way into the game" has been the catalyst imo.

The team will feed off the fans, and vice versa - all the team need to do is show the necessary aggression. Therefore lets bin ambling up to throw in's, dawdling over to take corners, backwards and sideways passes, when there is space ahead.  All the team has to do to get the fans onside, is look like they are trying and playing for the jersey.

:spoton:

23 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Thats is a real danger IMO. If he shows honesty and realism then i think he will be okay. Im a little concerned who "has his ear" though, if im honest.

If you think Levein has his ear or one of Leveins crew, then you haven’t been paying attention, if I am being honest. It’s clear that as it stands now, no one has his ear. He’s slaughtered nearly everyone and, when Levein goes in May, I reckon we will hear forensically how big a state the club was in. The honesty from Stendel will also encourage some of the other senior players that have been “keeping their heads down” to start openly talking about going ons. The dressing room has been down for a long time. I am loving his honesty and his manner, he seems bang your for this. 

51 minutes ago, Boab said:

Been going on before Hamilton was born, mate. That’s the only point I’m making.

Agree I've been going since 1971 however much more widespread in the last couple of seasons. I thought it would have got less when Levein was sacked but sadly not.

Just now, EIEIO said:

Agree I've been going since 1971 however much more widespread in the last couple of seasons. I thought it would have got less when Levein was sacked but sadly not.

It is bad to hear booing now or in the past, I agree.

It has probably taken Dan a week to appreciate the enormity of the task. I think, Hope really, we will see a more front foot approach as the weeks go on. That, in turn, will take care of any, well most, discontent !

The one thing from his presser was the bit about players not knowing why they had no confidence. A tad too diplomatic imo.

We are all aware of the reason. 

44 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm generally not a boo boy, never seen the point until now.

Saturdays lack of accountability deserves resounding and loud criticism.

Its affecting their confidence? Not affecting their pay is it.

Grow a set and get on with the job and do what you are paid (well) and accountable for

So **** SD, what does he know.

Levein's legacy almost makes me physically sick.  He began by snubbing Rudi Skacel.  He ended by leaving us in dire straits.  Dispirited, unfit players who in many cases appear to be devoid of talent.

Hindsight us a great thing but we have to rue the day Ann Budge first met Craig Levein.  How he has the gall to stay in the building I don't know.

We will recover and he will have to live with his utterly attrocious legacy.

Don't give us a chance against Celtic but desperately want to be wrong.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

If you think Levein has his ear or one of Leveins crew, then you haven’t been paying attention, if I am being honest. It’s clear that as it stands now, no one has his ear. He’s slaughtered nearly everyone and, when Levein goes in May, I reckon we will hear forensically how big a state the club was in. The honesty from Stendel will also encourage some of the other senior players that have been “keeping their heads down” to start openly talking about going ons. The dressing room has been down for a long time. I am loving his honesty and his manner, he seems bang your for this. 

Hes slaughtered nearly everyone?

5 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Give us effort on the pitch and the fans will react in the right way.

I'm not saying we have to be 4-0 up after 10 minutes but we need to see that the team is giving their all.

100% effort on the pitch = 100% backing off it

This is all we ask

Byyy The Light
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The only people allowed to create an atmosphere at Budge's fortress are those in the away end. I salute your OP but your efforts are futile under this regime.

I do agree with what you post half the time, but stop with this myth.

Utter nonsense and detracts from some decent points you make. 

Folk will boo whenever they feel like it. The shitter we are the more they'll boo. If they think the players aren't giving 100 percent they'll boo. It's jow it is and how it always will be. Nothing will change.

coatbridgejambo
7 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Right. 

We have our new manager and it’s clear to see he’s sussed the squad very quickly. They are lacking in confidence not ability in the most part. 

WE need to do our part and stop the incessant booing and angry shouts from the stands when a player makes a mistake. We need to remember that they are human and will always make mistakes. They need us to buck then up and encourage them to fight back and rectify those mistakes.

I’m just as bad as anyone in Tynecastle right now, I admit it but tonight that will change. One of our players loses the ball my shouts will not be of derision but encouragement. That’s what these player need, not us howling for them to get tae **** or your ****ing shite get off the pitch. 

Come on lads and lassies. As the announcer says, let’s get right behind the team, make some noise and remind our opponents that this is Tynecastle, a place to be feared. 

Spot on 

Great post 👍

7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The only people allowed to create an atmosphere at Budge's fortress are those in the away end. I salute your OP but your efforts are futile under this regime.

A quite ridiculous post - even by your typically VERY POOR standards.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

So **** SD, what does he know.

He has been watching for 1 week compared to 14 months of it. 

Nobody can be held to cheering the uncheerable 

The answer is simple. 

Ban any "supporter" that boos a Hearts player simply by having his name read out from the team sheet.

That'll be half the numpty support gone in one stroke.

Get behind the team or do everybody a favour and just don't go to the games.

3 hours ago, VagabondJambo said:

Let’s drown out that booing with enthusiastic applause, cheers, and roars for EVERY Hearts player, as Scott reads out the line-up that Daniel has selected as his best team for tonight.  He selects - we support.  Starting with greeting the line-up positively also gets us into the swing of things for the rest of the match!

Good shout V.

6 hours ago, plastic_bas said:

I've been a season ticket holder for 20 years and the players have always taken stick when things aren't going well. What is a new experience for me, however, is the abuse I've received for trying to encourage to the team. Last season, Uche misplaced a pass and I shouted 'Unlucky, keep going' only for the guy next to me to go on a tirade about how pathetic I was for accepting the drivel on show. It happened a few times so moved seats this season, only for my new neighbour to only opening his mouth to abuse Sean Clare or me if I applaud a good run, pass or tackle of his (as rare as they are).

I've read this as being a victim of our own success off the field. I've watched better Hearts sides than this with average Tynecastle crowds of 11-12k. The promise of fan ownership has created a sense of entitlement that I haven't seen before. I expect Hearts to be doing better but the best route to success will be through giving the players our full throated support.

This carry on by some of our so called 'supporters' just adds to the depression around Hearts at the moment. 

8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I’ve seen you spout this p!sh on a number of threads; not only is it tedious, but it’s total b0ll0cks.

Getting rid of a few roasters is hardly banning atmosphere; it’s an easy cop out for folk like you who have no stomach for the fight.

The OP is right; we all need to reset and change our mindset to see if we can help stimulate things a bit...if for no other reason than the fact the current approach is certainly not helping the cause.

8 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

No point in trying to have a normal discussion with this poster, he has this strange and misguided impression that AB has banned singing or shouting at Tynecastle.

Tbf to I8 AB has just about banned everything else.

5 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

Spot on.  More urgency required at throw ins and corners.  We need to stop mulling over these like we’re time wasting.

I think Stendel has the full backing of every supporter because we know his brand of football is attacking, hard working and exciting. What we've seen from the players this entire year has been the exact opposite. Slow, ponderous, overly cautious, lazy and boring. If the players start making runs and start showing some will to win the fans will feed off of that energy. 

Losing to St Johnstone was another slap in the face for the supporters. Doing something tonight which sends people home in a positive frame of mind is huge. Even if we lose. TRY to win. Get forward, put them under pressure and show some defensive solidity. Seeing some confidence and togetherness from the squad would be good too because thats far from visable at the moment. 

8 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Yeah it’s such a shame AB and co don’t want us to shout sectarian, racial and homophobic chants.

****ing honestly man.

No a boy got banned for singing the Hearts song - you couldn’t make it up.

i just have

3 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Hes slaughtered nearly everyone?

Said he doesn’t have any time for Levein and hearing from him. 

Said he only trusts Kirk and doesn’t want to work with any the other coaches. Since then, MacPhee has been told to work from home, Daly and Fox are no longer involved with the first team. 

He’s called out Berra, Whelan and said other players should be doing more. 

Am 100% not worried about who has his ear. 

pettigrewsstylist
45 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think Stendel has the full backing of every supporter because we know his brand of football is attacking, hard working and exciting. What we've seen from the players this entire year has been the exact opposite. Slow, ponderous, overly cautious, lazy and boring. If the players start making runs and start showing some will to win the fans will feed off of that energy. 

Losing to St Johnstone was another slap in the face for the supporters. Doing something tonight which sends people home in a positive frame of mind is huge. Even if we lose. TRY to win. Get forward, put them under pressure and show some defensive solidity. Seeing some confidence and togetherness from the squad would be good too because thats far from visable at the moment. 

This is where most of my peers are at. Need him to make some decisions on key posns/current squad, by end of month though, ( aware thats short timing/changing  him :( )

January window and DS judgement could be key to which division we play in next season

On 18/12/2019 at 12:30, pettigrewsstylist said:

As long as daniel stendel keeps us up,, that's the main thing " but if were bottom for a long period " many fans will start to get frustrated at him ,,,, which isnt stendels fault,,, but it will happen!   Just hope we turn things around next few games ,  give everyone a bit breathing space!!!