Sheep talk

JFK-1

18 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I feel that's pretty much it, outside the brief Ferguson inspired purple patch they have done almost nothing in Scottish football.

Sheep honours without Ferguson.

League titles 1

Scottish cup wins 3 
League cup wins 5

Even including the Ferguson years Hearts match them in league titles and outdo them in Scottish cup and League cup wins.

They won more both domestically and in Europe (remember we were formed 30 years before them). Since the SPL was formed in 1998 they have finished above us more often then we have them. They've also been in Europe (they reached the last 32 of the Europa league) more often and reached more semi finals and cup finals then ourselves. Thats despite the Romanov years. We are a poorly run club who are not fulfilling our potential. Otherwise we'd be about even. Hibs could argue the same. 

They are in great shape at the moment and if they do some how finance their new stadium - then they will have even more financial muscle which is only good for Scottish football.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• E6 Inc

• Beast Boy

• Boab

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fitzroy Pointon

Every team is loving the state we are in just now and in a strange way I don't blame them. Would be laughing if they were in the same place. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
48 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

they weren’t phenomenal - they were par for the money we were paying.. but I agree our fans treated Neilson very badly.. but he left - he wasn’t fired 

Par for the money eh.

I thought the last 3 seasons might have been educational.

They were phenomenal under the circumstances. Built from absolutely nothing. 

Consider the foundation Neilson built for his successors,  puts real perspective to his achievements with the apparent handicaps of working with Budge and Levein. 

I'd ****ing love it for Aberdeen to go down/go bust, whatever so I have no problem with their fans laughing their tits off at us. After all, we've only ourselves to blame for it.

Funny them calling us 'shite fans' though when they barely get 12,500 whilst sitting third.

🤣

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

If they build the stadium they will be in a good state. 

If they don't however...

What do you mean crystal ball time again...

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

For a long time and for more reasons than one I have regarded them as the most loathsome support in Scottish football. A relic of the 80's existing in an alternate reality where they're some sort of footballing superpower. And now maybe some more of you will see exactly how loathsome they are and believe me I despised them long before this.

A newly created topic on their bleating forum is titled "Lets all laugh at Hearts" and this is the first post on it.

Now what have Hearts ever done to them to attract this? The answer is nothing. The only rationale for it is that they truly are loathsome and revel in the misfortune of anybody. The only fans I found anywhere who expressed glee over the the death of Fernando Ricksen and the manner of his death plus expressing hope that his wife and family suffer too.

Not even the Celtic support had anything but sympathy for Ricksens plight and for his family. And believe me such mindless malevolence is typical of them.

Mate - Levein has made us a laughing stock - they are all laughing!

If Aberdeen fans stop laughing at us we'll instantly start banging in goals and fire up that table rapidly. Dam them, it's all their fault the position we are in.

Standard mutual club hatred but sometimes you do get a slightly weird slant. 

We’ve had a pretty good record v Aberdeen for nigh on 20 odd years, bit of a bogey for them, and their infatuation reached its height around 2007 when they made a banner reading “let’s break Hearts” and unfurled it before we pumped them again , 3-1. Think it was the Pinilla goal game. 

Calderwood hated us.  Rarely getting the better of us and his post match interviews were bitter as ****. Always excuses or saying we were lucky. 

I’m with the OP. Hate the c{{** 

41 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

They are in great shape at the moment and if they do some how finance their new stadium

:gok:

2 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Apart from the shite fans bit, seems a pretty accurate assessment of our club. 

The stadium bit can't be true or why would they bring 35k fans down with them when they visit ? 

2 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

Yes, they are normal people and that is abnormal behaviour by a tiny minority.  

Our fans have been racists recently, doesnt make me a racist does it? 

Have we?

"For a long time and for more reasons than one I have regarded them as the most loathsome support in Scottish football. "

I don't think so.

The Hogfather
3 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

Yes, they are normal people and that is abnormal behaviour by a tiny minority.  

Our fans have been racists recently, doesnt make me a racist does it? 

Please don't generalise me as a racist, thanks.

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Have we?

Yeah, whatever did happen with that? The accusation was only against one guy as well, as far as I remember.

Can't stand the following four in this order:

1. Aberdeen

2. The Rangers

3. Hibs

4. Celtic

I love the rivalry we have with Aberdeen and Hibs. Its what makes football entertaining.

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Why? I wouldn't be remotely interested. And did you have a good laugh about Ricksen and the manner of his passing while hoping his wife suffers too? I didn't and no support that I know of other than theirs did.

I’m guessing you’ve forgotten the sick ****s in the Rangers support taunting Scott Brown about his sister dying from cancer?  Or the Celtic fans’ graffiti at Tynie about those that died in the Ibrox disaster?

If you want to look at scummy, knuckle dragging fans,  look no further than Rangers or Celtic.  No other team comes close to them.

Aberdonians talk funny. I'm  Glaswegian married to an Invernessian and in gatherings of her Aberdonian relatives it's like being amongst Hungarian expats.

But the worst fans are those of Sevco, by a short-head from The Irish Club. Kilbirnie Ladeside third.

2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I find it hard to get angry at them when ultimately they come from Aberdeen. Who's winning life, them or us?

👌🏻😂😂😂😂

Aberdeen are a shite club, with no city rivals, so they cling to anything they ****ing can in an attempt to have something that just about every other club in world football have. If it's not us, it's Rangers, Dundee United, or just about anyone else that they do their absolute best to try and strike something up with, without any sort of reciprocation. No one else cares about them, and it hurts them knowing that. 

They are an absolute irrelevance that have been on a downward spiral for the best part of 40 years.  They are going absolutely ****ing nowhere, and it must pain them to come to terms with.  Their new stadium is never going to happen, and they will stay in a crumbling shitehole until it falls down. 

**** Aberdeen. **** their fans. **** Derek McInnes.

2 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

1. Aberdeen

2. The Rangers

3. Hibs

4. Celtic

I love the rivalry we have with Aberdeen and Hibs. Its what makes football entertaining.

I’m trying to imagine a world where Celtic and their supporters rank FOURTH on my list of hatred... it’s not easy. 

Bridge of Djoum
6 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

For a long time and for more reasons than one I have regarded them as the most loathsome support in Scottish football. A relic of the 80's existing in an alternate reality where they're some sort of footballing superpower. And now maybe some more of you will see exactly how loathsome they are and believe me I despised them long before this.

A newly created topic on their bleating forum is titled "Lets all laugh at Hearts" and this is the first post on it.

Now what have Hearts ever done to them to attract this? The answer is nothing. The only rationale for it is that they truly are loathsome and revel in the misfortune of anybody. The only fans I found anywhere who expressed glee over the the death of Fernando Ricksen and the manner of his death plus expressing hope that his wife and family suffer too.

Not even the Celtic support had anything but sympathy for Ricksens plight and for his family. And believe me such mindless malevolence is typical of them.

Most loathsome support? They’ve some way to go to even get close to those ***** in Glasgow. 

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Most loathsome support? They’ve some way to go to even get close to those ***** in Glasgow. 

Ken... that ****ing stupid mascot did it for me.

452C31F0-E7A9-4404-B39B-419166AD9855.jpeg

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Ken... that ****ing stupid mascot did it for me.

452C31F0-E7A9-4404-B39B-419166AD9855.jpeg

:rofl:

Im still baffled by that.

Would have been interesting to see how they’d have coped if league reconstruction hadn’t saved them a couple of times in the 90’s. They’ve won two trophies in 30 years, both on penalties. Meh club, just like all clubs outside the gruesome twosome. Sometimes the best of the rest, other times relying on playoffs and no relegation to survive.

7 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

You need to give yourself a slap if your pastime is perusing their forums. Even worse, then posting ramblings from there on here!

The internet's a wonderful thing, I suggest you broaden your searches. There's a secret mode on browsers these days just in case you think your mum might look at your search history. 

Arthur Morgan
4 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

1. Aberdeen

2. The Rangers

3. Hibs

4. Celtic

Flip that for me and that's where I am. 

8 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Have we?

8 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

Please don't generalise me as a racist, thanks.

I was doing the opposite of generalising you as a racist. I was saying one idiot in our support doesnt make the rest of us racists.

Edited by E6 Inc

person who makes abusive or aggressive posts on the Internet, about someone who sufferrs from terminal illness are not worth getting annoyed treat those remarks  with the contempt that they deserve.  

******* hate the Sheep. I despise them more then any other club in Scotland. I really hope their new stadium plan goes t**s up and they're forced to stay at their current dump of a ground. Constantly talking up the fact they now having training facilities. How many times do they need to report it in the media. Can't stand the love in for Aberdeen on the BBC and Willie Miller. I work with a few sheep fans who constantly harp on about them being the third biggest/ Finances/successful/ Atlanta United etc. I'd love it if they went bust. I remember how s**t they were in the early 00's and now they are jumping up and down thinking they are a big club 😂. Can't wait for natural order to return and them to go back to being mid/bottom table obscurity.

2 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

I was doing the opposite of generalising you as a racist. I was saying one idiot in our support doesnt make the rest of us racists.

Yeah I know, but I don’t know which idiot you mean. 

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

How can anybody hate Aberdeen more than Celtic? 

100%

1/Vermin 

2/Then the arse cheeks (in whatever order you feel like at the time)

3/ St Midden 

Only clubs I have real hatred for in the SPL are the above 

Don’t particularly hate Aberdeen. It’s more of a casual dislike. I find them more of an irrelevance than anything else.

43 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

How can anybody hate Aberdeen more than Celtic? 

I don't hate them more but certainly right up there. Think it stems from '86 for me 🤣

31 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Shhhh, Nooks. It’s ok for all and sundry to plaster things all over newspapers but when there’s nothing in it, it’s swept under the carpet as usual.

Even a wee thing from the club would have been nice !

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Oh come on, you know we've had a couple instances over the past year or so:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46496089

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50117848

There should be absolutely no denying that we have a very small minority who express racist views, unless you have very selective hearing.

Just now, E6 Inc said:

Oh come on, you know we've had a couple instances over the past year or so:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46496089

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50117848

There should be absolutely no denying that we have a very small minority who express racist views, unless you have very selective hearing.

What happened in those two alleged instances ?

C’mon ?

Enlighten us.

Just now, Boab said:

What happened in those two alleged instances ?

C’mon ?

Enlighten us.

No idea but I'm guessing from your sarcastic reply no charges were brought? If that is the case, it still doesn't mean there was no act of racism does it? 

Honestly if you are saying that you have never heard a Hearts fan express racist views or saying anything racist at a game then you are flat out lying or you are deaf. And if that is what you are saying we should move on from this conversation because we are never going to agree.

Ignoring this (and I do stress it is very small) element of our support existing will result in them never going away.

Tell you what, if your going up the A89, visit the truck stop “ye may gang faur and ware faur” It totally prepares you for gloomy grey depressing Aberdeen. No wonder they all work on the rigs or fishing boats - they cannot wait to get the **** out of the place.

As for the football team - meh.

Just now, E6 Inc said:

No idea but I'm guessing from your sarcastic reply no charges were brought? If that is the case, it still doesn't mean there was no act of racism does it? 

Honestly if you are saying that you have never heard a Hearts fan express racist views or saying anything racist at a game then you are flat out lying or you are deaf. And if that is what you are saying we should move on from this conversation because we are never going to agree.

Ignoring this (and I do stress it is very small) element of our support existing will result in them never going away.

You’re the one who is directly linking something which, in one instance, has been thrown out and the other has been swept under the carpet.

You take the unsubstantiated media line if you want, I’ll back our fans, thanks very much.