Jump to content
chester copperpot

I hate the Terrace.

Recommended Posts

Bull's-eye

Just rename it i8's Terrace and be done with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chester copperpot
23 hours ago, Morgan said:

‘I had to shite in a shed tonight’.

 

 

:lol:

 

dick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
3 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

 

 

:lol:

 

dick!

You started it.

 

Dick!  :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

Safe travels, mon ami.

So far, so good.   :thumbsup:

 

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauricio Pinilla
7 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

All I have to say is thank feck there was no internet back in the late '70's early '80's, the terrace would have been a really joyful place back then.

 

It would've been the same as it is now, but with racism. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone

There were more sheds before the Tories sold them all :verysmug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irufushi

Give me the terrace any day over the political minefield that is the shed.

 

Its toxic . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad Magic

Haven’t posted much in here recently.

 

Coming back is akin to climbing into your own bed after 2 weeks on holiday sleeping on a shit mattress with sheets.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stu_HMFC

the amount of times I have deleted my account due to the overbearing welts of the terrace and there views on football or every thread starts off okay then ends up in disagreement, slagging, arguments, Pathetic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maple Leaf
2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

the amount of times I have deleted my account due to the overbearing welts of the terrace and there views on football or every thread starts off okay then ends up in disagreement, slagging, arguments, Pathetic!

 

Reasonable discussion seems obsolete these days.

 

Donald Trump is not the reason for that, but he is an example.  There, I got in my daily dig at Trump! :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stu_HMFC
19 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

 

Reasonable discussion seems obsolete these days.

 

Donald Trump is not the reason for that, but he is an example.  There, I got in my daily dig at Trump! :biggrin:

 

Haha!

 

It's brutal honestly it gets so childish. If someone starts a thread and posts their view and its not up to someone else's liking then that's it if they cant hijack it and have big arguments then it becomes personal.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers

I like it when there is a wee bit of nostalgia in the Terrace.  That doesn't happen that often though.  The Shed is definitely the better place to while away the working day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

You get your head bitten off for next to nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nunya Business

The Terrace is summed up by the number of people who cannot handle their opinions being challenged on any matter. A group of people who will argue that black is white just to be contrary, They want a board where everyone agrees with them all the time, not a discussion board with a range of different opinions. Their attitude/fragile ego wouldn't allow it.

 

I'd happily name some culprits, but I see a few of them haven't posted in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

You get your head bitten off for next to nothing. 

What the feckin Hell are you slavering on about now?

 

You don’t have a friggin’ clue what you’re saying.

 

:look:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maple Leaf
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

What the feckin Hell are you slavering on about now?

 

You don’t have a friggin’ clue what you’re saying.

 

:look:

 

This post belongs in The Terrace!!  :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stu_HMFC
3 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

The Terrace is summed up by the number of people who cannot handle their opinions being challenged on any matter. A group of people who will argue that black is white just to be contrary, They want a board where everyone agrees with them all the time, not a discussion board with a range of different opinions. Their attitude/fragile ego wouldn't allow it.

 

I'd happily name some culprits, but I see a few of them haven't posted in this thread.

 

 

Cannot agree any more!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Debut 4

Poor souls. Hiding in the Shed....come over and have a chat with us idiots 

 

::troll::

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin
On 16/12/2019 at 06:24, The Mighty Thor said:

The whole forum is not the entity it once was.

 

 

 

I remember when this place was laugh a minute. On match day we had some great posters. Maybe they've bailed or are banned. The place isn't the same any more 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jake
7 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

 

Reasonable discussion seems obsolete these days.

 

Donald Trump is not the reason for that, but he is an example.  There, I got in my daily dig at Trump! :biggrin:

Aye but what about Obama's bombs

😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

 

This post belongs in The Terrace!!  :lol:

 

:rofl:

 

My point exactly, Mr Leaf.

Edited by Morgan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo

In full meltdown mode today, some people's blood pressure must be going right through the roof.

There must be at least a half dozen threads where there is total carnage, in saying that an awful lot of new posters all of a sudden, sniff sniff sniff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
On 16/12/2019 at 13:33, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Hearts fans overall are idiots. Social media is just brutal. Twitter was once a decent place for funny posts and good breads but now it’s just the same hearts fans posting the same shite and their idiot bigoted mates joining in.

 

Facebook was lost long ago. The state of the people who comment on the clubs posts are just baffling. Grown up adults. 

 

:spoton:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack

You must troll. It's the only way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Malinga the Swinga

This is the only place that I have ever used as Social Media. Never had Facebook, not on Twitter or Snapchat or Instagram. Used to look forward to games when comments were amusing but now it is treated as if players and staff have committed personal crimes against posters. Add that to posters who hate FoH, and always have, a huge increase from posters who support the other team in Edinburgh and theTerrace is best avoided, particularly on match days. I reckon that cup final humiliation made certain Hibs supporters determined to spoil Kickback which only reinforces what a great day that was.

 

I know I am getting older but apart from one particular poster, I try not to get involved. That one poster does annoy me though and while I realise at my age I should know better, I can't help but respond when I see his posts.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack

Was at the game and vented some honest opinions, but Jesus that place is a complete shit show just now.

 

Personal abuse being dished out like confetti (not by or at me so far, let me add).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Pirate
On 15/12/2019 at 15:19, chester copperpot said:

It's become a cesspit of moaners and H1b5 interlopers.

 

I am hiding out here till it rids itself of it.

 

The shed is THE PLACE to be. 

 

Man up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Angry Haggis

Bump after yesterday’s result. 

 

O hai guys. 

 

:kirk:

 

Enjoy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boof

So what needs to be done to make it better?

 

Get rid of hobos, some will cry. But just because someone has a different opinion about a player, manager, ex-manager...doesn't make them a Hibs/Sevco/Sellik fan...

 

For sure it would make for a better place if we didn't have winder-uppers and, personally, I can't see the attraction in it. No doubt I will have, unwittingly, responded to someone in the past who's been on the wind-up. Well three cheers for them. You've got one over on me - an anonymous user of a football forum. What a sad and empty life you must have if that's how you get your kicks...and then go tweeting to your equally socially inadequate posse about how big it makes you feel.

 

Ah, bollox - I'm off back to me game o golf :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobboM
2 hours ago, Boof said:

So what needs to be done to make it better?

 

Get rid of hobos, some will cry. But just because someone has a different opinion about a player, manager, ex-manager...doesn't make them a Hibs/Sevco/Sellik fan...

 

For sure it would make for a better place if we didn't have winder-uppers and, personally, I can't see the attraction in it. No doubt I will have, unwittingly, responded to someone in the past who's been on the wind-up. Well three cheers for them. You've got one over on me - an anonymous user of a football forum. What a sad and empty life you must have if that's how you get your kicks...and then go tweeting to your equally socially inadequate posse about how big it makes you feel.

 

Ah, bollox - I'm off back to me game o golf :D 

 

I think it would help if folk were limited to, say, 3 posts a day. Ensures certain folk don't dominate and ruin every single ****ing thread, forces posters to be just a wee bit more thoughtful, cuts down on the total shitfest it turns in to after every match. his is my second post of the day .... I might follow my own advice and save my final post for the Puzzle thread 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NANOJAMBO

Taking last night as an example (no names). One well known poster appears and immediately starts his usual patter of generally criticising/insulting all and sundry followed by  a tedious string of questions designed to get a rise. He did and seemed to go quiet (possibly got a warning?) but then appears again shortly after and starts again. 

 

Another who has a mega post count and spends most of his time picking  fights .

 

I'd like to see posting limited per day to stop the spamming/trolling/verbals. 

 

The major irritation for me are the smart arses who pick fights/hijack threads who say "use the ignore button" when getting called out. 

 

Shame really as I used to love JKB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Discussing the actual football has become the last thing. Would shut The Terrace down like Chris Robinson did if it was possible. 

 

Demanding something so they can feel better is my best guess, influenced by the best football being on telly etc. Being right, having the right opinion as a competition. As opposed to supporting your team. 

 

Jim Jefferies is lucky he was manager before all this kicked off. Though I would have started a 'Jim Jefferies hates Hearts' thread if I wanted to stir it with them. 

 

Funny thing is in actual real life the support is just about sticking in. 

 

Just us well most of us can get by okay enjoying life meantime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
3 hours ago, Boof said:

So what needs to be done to make it better?

 

Get rid of hobos, some will cry. But just because someone has a different opinion about a player, manager, ex-manager...doesn't make them a Hibs/Sevco/Sellik fan...

 

For sure it would make for a better place if we didn't have winder-uppers and, personally, I can't see the attraction in it. No doubt I will have, unwittingly, responded to someone in the past who's been on the wind-up. Well three cheers for them. You've got one over on me - an anonymous user of a football forum. What a sad and empty life you must have if that's how you get your kicks...and then go tweeting to your equally socially inadequate posse about how big it makes you feel.

 

Ah, bollox - I'm off back to me game o golf :D 


i hope this golf was on a computer its been teeming down here. Get the darts on 👍🏻
 

The post is spot on though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alex Kintner

There is a direct correlation between how the club is doing and how enjoyable the Terrace is. When we’re on a good run of form or amidst an exciting transfer spree or building a new stand then it’s a great place to post and read. When we’re in the midst of what we’re in, it’s horrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boof
39 minutes ago, sadj said:


i hope this golf was on a computer its been teeming down here. Get the darts on 👍🏻

 

Bloody hell, yes!!

 

Blowing a hoolie here with rain not far away. Couple that with the fact that a golf ball rarely goes where I think I'm aiming then computer golf is the only one for me.

 

Had a quick 65 around Kiawah Island earlier today. :smuggy:

Edited by Boof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alex Kintner
12 minutes ago, Boof said:

 

Bloody hell, yes!!

 

Blowing a hoolie here with rain not far away. Couple that with the fact that a golf ball rarely goes where I think I'm aiming then computer golf is the only one for me.

 

Had a quick 65 around Kiawah Island earlier today. :smuggy:


That the one of the infamous Ryder Cup in 91?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
2 hours ago, RobboM said:

 

I think it would help if folk were limited to, say, 3 posts a day. Ensures certain folk don't dominate and ruin every single ****ing thread, forces posters to be just a wee bit more thoughtful, cuts down on the total shitfest it turns in to after every match. his is my second post of the day .... I might follow my own advice and save my final post for the Puzzle thread 😉

 

In ancient Athens, every so often they would have a public vote as to who would be ostracised from society. Everyone would get a pottery shard with the name of their preferred person inscribed on it and place it in an urn. The person with the most votes was forced to leave Athens for up to ten years.

 

I've sometimes thought that a similar process of voting for certain posters to be ostracised from Kickback would be an interesting endeavour. ;)

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostracism

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NANOJAMBO
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

 

In ancient Athens, every so often they would have a public vote as to who would be ostracised from society. Everyone would get a pottery shard with the name of their preferred person inscribed on it and place it in an urn. The person with the most votes was forced to leave Athens for up to ten years.

 

I've sometimes thought that a similar process of voting for certain posters to be ostracised from Kickback would be an interesting endeavour. ;)

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostracism

 

Make it so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boof
27 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:


That the one of the infamous Ryder Cup in 91?

 

Not entirely sure if it's the same course - the one on WGT is, I think, the Ocean Course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
3 minutes ago, Boof said:

 

Not entirely sure if it's the same course - the one on WGT is, I think, the Ocean Course.

 

I think we once had one of the holes, or part of one of the holes, in "Where is this?". That was a fun one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boof
Just now, redjambo said:

 

I think we once had one of the holes, or part of one of the holes, in "Where is this?". That was a fun one.

 

 

I was just thinking of 'Where is this?' t'other day and went as far as taking a photo but it didn't come out very good on my phone.

That thread needs awakening, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
4 minutes ago, Boof said:

 

I was just thinking of 'Where is this?' t'other day and went as far as taking a photo but it didn't come out very good on my phone.

That thread needs awakening, IMO.

 

It would be nice to see it going again, wouldn't it, despite how addictive it can become!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobboM
34 minutes ago, redjambo said:

 

In ancient Athens, every so often they would have a public vote as to who would be ostracised from society. Everyone would get a pottery shard with the name of their preferred person inscribed on it and place it in an urn. The person with the most votes was forced to leave Athens for up to ten years.

 

I've sometimes thought that a similar process of voting for certain posters to be ostracised from Kickback would be an interesting endeavour. ;)

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostracism

 


I wish I had left enough of my daily quota of posts to endorse this 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
Just now, RobboM said:


I wish I had left enough of my daily quota of posts to endorse this 😉

 

:D You can do it tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Boof said:

 

I was just thinking of 'Where is this?' t'other day and went as far as taking a photo but it didn't come out very good on my phone.

That thread needs awakening, IMO.


My wife asked if she could look through my iPad photos to see if there was any good pics for a new electronic picture frame. When I got it back off her, she said that I needed to get rid of all the shoite I’ve got on it. Think there are loads of s screenshots for that thread. Will try and put something up when I’ve got time, great thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta

Finding it really difficult to even bother going in there, as there are so many threads being started which slaughter everyone at the club, some absolute shockers and a lot of them started by folk with hardly any posting history🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before

I enjoy the 'wage thief/ imposter' chat.

 

First time I ever heard those terms being used was by currants and the more excitable posters in Raingurz Meeja during the early stages of "The Journey".

 

Seems its spread to the Terrace

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
2 hours ago, redjambo said:

 

In ancient Athens, every so often they would have a public vote as to who would be ostracised from society. Everyone would get a pottery shard with the name of their preferred person inscribed on it and place it in an urn. The person with the most votes was forced to leave Athens for up to ten years.

 

I've sometimes thought that a similar process of voting for certain posters to be ostracised from Kickback would be an interesting endeavour. ;)

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostracism

 


This could be amazing but i fear our first choice would just use it to become a martyr of the jkb south american anti Levein pro TH and Labour (but not Corbyn) division in the war on jkb and British politics... SLiaW for short.....

 

After that it would be good , could also put them all in a hunger games style battle to the death to see who the biggest pro Budge , pro Levein , Anti Budge , Anti Levein , maybe DS but not sure and DS is our man awards of the season...
 

Beats the ignore function hands down Id say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26
9 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Finding it really difficult to even bother going in there, as there are so many threads being started which slaughter everyone at the club, some absolute shockers and a lot of them started by folk with hardly any posting history🤔

There is a mixture of Hibs fans and hearts fans deliberately trolling in the terrace doing a lot of that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...