English Championship

jock _turd

Good that Barnsley won and are bottom of the league by less points now. 

But game of the day was Leeds 3 Cardiff 3. It seems Leeds played their best football of the season but then lost a 3-0 lead. Good example of the madness of the Championship. (Callum Paterson unused sub for Cardiff). 

By the way Steven Fletcher is scoring goals for fun for Sheffield Wednesday. Though upstaged today by Jordan Rhodes hatrick, his first goals in nearly 2 years. 

Edited by Mikey1874

• 1 month later...

Derby charged with breaching Financial Fair Play rules.

That will be a 10 point deduction minimum if found guilty.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/51142719?__twitter_impression=true

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/january/efl-statement-derby-county-charged-with-excess-losses

Edited by Mikey1874

On 12/12/2019 at 13:55, NlGHTMARE said:

Can’t come too soon. Hope the lot of the cheating *******s go under. 

Care to explain how they are cheating?

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Derby charged with breaching Financial Fair Play rules.

That will be a 10 point deduction minimum if found guilty.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/51142719?__twitter_impression=true

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/january/efl-statement-derby-county-charged-with-excess-losses

These rules are retarded.

Edited by JJ93

On 13/12/2019 at 18:19, Satsumo said:

I have  been to Oakwell to watch Leeds United and Elland Road numerous times so feel I can opine.

Barnsley is a complete hovel. Another no mark team desperate for a rivalry with Leeds.

For any Hearts fan that went to Rotherham a few seasons back- Barnsley is worse than that.

A Wednesday fan sticking up for Barnsley, I‘m sure Reds fans would never think they would see the day!

The above is nonsense. Likewise I’ve been to Barnsley and Oakwell many times over several decades, I also work in both towns frequently, Barnsley is a far nicer place and town than Rotherham. I know a lot of Reds hate Wednesday more than any other club but I have nothing majorly against Barnsley. It is always a good day/night out when going to Oakwell and we have a good rivalry. A proper rivalry like all South Yorkshire clubs have with each other and I can assure you they don’t consider Leeds anywhere near their main rivals and aren’t “desperate for a rivalry with Leeds”. We all have the Blades and the other South Yorkshire clubs as rivals, and Barnsley do too. They always comes above Leeds. Leeds are an afterthought.

The truth is it is Leeds that are the club that don’t have a proper rival, it should be Huddersfield, but many of their fans still think Man United are their rivals. It is Leeds that are “desperate for a rivalry” that doesn’t exist. Thanks again for the 3 points and I look forward to the annual January crumble. 

On 13/12/2019 at 06:15, Tommy Brown said:

The Aberdeen of England :lol:

The similarities are incredible. Both have a shithole of a stadium with only one decent stand, both have had only one decent spell in their entire history, both clubs fans always hark back to that spell and think they are some European giant, and Aberdeen just like Leeds with Man U think Rangers are their rivals when it’s a one way thing. 

On 13/12/2019 at 15:10, gorgieheart said:

Stick to your Baaaaaaaaarnsley chat dude.....!  

Leeds are a different animal this season and fingers crossed they make it to the EPL.. as for Barnsley... ? 

Looks like leeds could bottle it again! As for Barnsley,  we re plodding on slowly but surely and it may just be enough to keep us up  Chaplin s on fire!

1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

Care to explain how they are cheating?

Spending money they’ve not generated, and racking up millions in debt. 

15 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

A Wednesday fan sticking up for Barnsley, I‘m sure Reds fans would never think they would see the day!

The above is nonsense. Likewise I’ve been to Barnsley and Oakwell many times over several decades, I also work in both towns frequently, Barnsley is a far nicer place and town than Rotherham. I know a lot of Reds hate Wednesday more than any other club but I have nothing majorly against Barnsley. It is always a good day/night out when going to Oakwell and we have a good rivalry. A proper rivalry like all South Yorkshire clubs have with each other and I can assure you they don’t consider Leeds anywhere near their main rivals and aren’t “desperate for a rivalry with Leeds”. We all have the Blades and the other South Yorkshire clubs as rivals, and Barnsley do too. They always comes above Leeds. Leeds are an afterthought.

The truth is it is Leeds that are the club that don’t have a proper rival, it should be Huddersfield, but many of their fans still think Man United are their rivals. It is Leeds that are “desperate for a rivalry” that doesn’t exist. Thanks again for the 3 points and I look forward to the annual January crumble. 

The similarities are incredible. Both have a shithole of a stadium with only one decent stand, both have had only one decent spell in their entire history, both clubs fans always hark back to that spell and think they are some European giant, and Aberdeen just like Leeds with Man U think Rangers are their rivals when it’s a one way thing. 

I honestly forget they’re from Yorkshire. Never seen them as a derby even though technically it is. 

3 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

I honestly forget they’re from Yorkshire. Never seen them as a derby even though technically it is. 

Agreed pal. They are well supported and travel well but Leeds is not a derby game. They are no different in that respect to Hull, Huddersfield or Middlesbrough. Just another Yorkshire club

1 hour ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Spending money they’ve not generated, and racking up millions in debt. 

How is this cheating? It's called debt.

Just now, JJ93 said:

when they break the rules of the league in relation to debt it can be classed as cheating

4 hours ago, JJ93 said:

How is it not cheating, the FA & EFL have brought in a load of unenforced bollox called financial fair play, which at the time they stressed they fully intend to enforce, hence the threat of big fines, point deductions, transfer bans and so on, so clubs like mine have gone about conducting their business in accordance to this total bollox,. But They’ve done absolutely nothing to enforce it, despite some clubs totally overhauling the way they operate to fall in line with these so called rules. On what seems like a daily basis other clubs are just showing a blatant disregard of said rules, and all the time other clubs are being punished and disadvantaged by sticking  to what they brought in. 

in my opinion anyone breaking these rules are cheats and should be punished accordingly, we were relegated two seasons ago because Bolton were paying players inflated wages we couldn’t afford, with money they didn’t have, they should have been punished at the time, so the club they effected most by cheating felt some benefits of sticking to the rules, instead they punished them 2 years later, if the FA & EFL aren’t going to punish them I hope the Tax man and Bankers do by folding the clubs. 

19 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

How is it not cheating, the FA & EFL have brought in a load of unenforced bollox called financial fair play, which at the time they stressed they fully intend to enforce, hence the threat of big fines, point deductions, transfer bans and so on, so clubs like mine have gone about conducting their business in accordance to this total bollox,. But They’ve done absolutely nothing to enforce it, despite some clubs totally overhauling the way they operate to fall in line with these so called rules. On what seems like a daily basis other clubs are just showing a blatant disregard of said rules, and all the time other clubs are being punished and disadvantaged by sticking  to what they brought in. 

in my opinion anyone breaking these rules are cheats and should be punished accordingly, we were relegated two seasons ago because Bolton were paying players inflated wages we couldn’t afford, with money they didn’t have, they should have been punished at the time, so the club they effected most by cheating felt some benefits of sticking to the rules, instead they punished them 2 years later, if the FA & EFL aren’t going to punish them I hope the Tax man and Bankers do by folding the clubs. 

All financial rules should be scrapped - I loathe economic interference.

Guest ToqueJambo
52 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

All financial rules should be scrapped - I loathe economic interference.

I think we've found what account Vlad posts under lads.

On 16/01/2020 at 19:10, SM Sheffield said:

As I stay in Leeds I had to choose which was going to be my Yorkshire team - Wednesday or Barnsley. I have never liked Leeds FC and Rotherham is a hideous place. Not too impressed by Doncaster either. DS coming from Barnsley swung it for me. Having been to a game Barnsley isn't too bad IMO.

Have a good season anyway. Hopefully Leeds stay down lol.