Stendel press conference on SSN just after 2pm

Redhelen

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

I agree that the Aberdeen forums are pretty poor, but at least we know what famous is ;)

You’re as famous as Dinimo Tbilisi or Mechelen. They won the CWC as well.

Their names are revered throughout Europe !

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Beast Boy

• IveSeenTheLight

• JamboAl

IveSeenTheLight
24 minutes ago, Boab said:

You’re as famous as Dinimo Tbilisi or Mechelen. They won the CWC as well.

Their names are revered throughout Europe !

Mechelen won the Super cup as well.

Don;t think Dinimo Tblisi ever did.

Anyway, don't know why you guys keep bringing up the 80's and our success at the time.

Move on man.

Mechelen won the Super cup as well.

Don;t think Dinimo Tblisi ever did.

Anyway, don't know why you guys keep bringing up the 80's and our success at the time.

Move on man.

Only replying to some fanciful notion of fame !

Move on, min !

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Only replying to some fanciful notion of fame !

Move on, min !

Bongo 1874 brought up the point about fame.

I have moved on, I never bring it up.

Anyway, looking forward already to the weekends games

Bongo 1874 brought up the point about fame.

I have moved on, I never bring it up.

Anyway, looking forward already to the weekends games

On a thread about DS’s press conference, I would hope not.

Are you lost  ?

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Boab said:

On a thread about DS’s press conference, I would hope not.

Are you lost  ?

Nah, the Aberdeen boards are generally poor and there is a bit of interest this week with you guys appointing a new manager.

How will he fare against St Johnstone this weekend?

He'll need some time sure to implement what he wants to achieve.

Nah, the Aberdeen boards are generally poor and there is a bit of interest this week with you guys appointing a new manager.

How will he fare against St Johnstone this weekend?

He'll need some time sure to implement what he wants to achieve.

Will be very interesting to see how things go in the next few games.

I think we’ll see a new guy bump this weekend. 

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Boab said:

Will be very interesting to see how things go in the next few games.

I think we’ll see a new guy bump this weekend. 

Many new managers get the "new manager bounce", which is why he'll need time to instill it more consistently.

In our league, consistency is the key and so far this year, Motherwell are the team that have shown the best outside of the cheeks.

They've had some pretty impressive wins this year.

19 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

That's not getting stuck in.

In reality it is. I have played amateur football and that's exactly what it means. There are other euphemisms such as 'in their faces' etc but it all amounts to the same thing.

Do you want a footballing side or a side that gets 'stuck in'? Do you think the OF are running away at the top of the league and doing well in Europe because they get 'stuck in' and that Hearts will ever have that kind of run in Europe getting 'stuck in'?

And that's where the real money is at this time in the Scottish game. The OF will probably each collect around £15 million from this seasons Euro endeavours. A sum of money that could propel Hearts way above the sheep and hubz of this league.

The rat catcher

Hey Sifter

I'm talking about the bias News and Sport coverage dedicated to weegies on BBC Glasgow.

"Live from Glasgow, aboot Glasgow for Glesga neds."

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

In reality it is. I have played amateur football and that's exactly what it means. There are other euphemisms such as 'in their faces' etc but it all amounts to the same thing.

Do you want a footballing side or a side that gets 'stuck in'? Do you think the OF are running away at the top of the league and doing well in Europe because they get 'stuck in' and that Hearts will ever have that kind of run in Europe getting 'stuck in'?

And that's where the real money is at this time in the Scottish game. The OF will probably each collect around £15 million from this seasons Euro endeavours. A sum of money that could propel Hearts way above the sheep and hubz of this league.

But getting stuck in and getting in people's faces doesn't mean foul people and rack up yellow cards. That's being shite at tackling.

I've played football many years as well and getting stuck in meant fire into tackles and hounding the opposition but I didn't mean foul. Though obviously there were times you maybe left a foot in to let someone know you were there!

5 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I agree that the Aberdeen forums are pretty poor, but at least we know what famous is ;)

Let's be honest mate what are you really famous for 🤔😉

Italian Lambretta

Did we ever get to the bottom of who actually recommended Daniel Stendel to Dr Budge?

After watching the press conference again i really dont think she categorically answered the question. 

Someone from Hearts media should have chaired the press conference and either at the beginning or after the first question about Barnsley stated no questions on Barnsley and compensation would be taken. The same approach should have been taken to questions about Levein, MacPhee and the Sporting Director role.

The purpose of the press conference was to ask questions about the new Hearts manager.  Hearts media was a bit soft here they underestimated the Scottish press "pack" and their mentality.

Guest ToqueJambo
51 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Did we ever get to the bottom of who actually recommended Daniel Stendel to Dr Budge?

After watching the press conference again i really dont think she categorically answered the question. 

Why is that important? I don't remember clubs getting asked that at every other new manager press conference.

south morocco
22 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Someone from Hearts media should have chaired the press conference and either at the beginning or after the first question about Barnsley stated no questions on Barnsley and compensation would be taken. The same approach should have been taken to questions about Levein, MacPhee and the Sporting Director role.

The purpose of the press conference was to ask questions about the new Hearts manager.  Hearts media was a bit soft here they underestimated the Scottish press "pack" and their mentality.

Yes, absolutely what should have happened.Hopefully learn for the future. 

2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

'we'?  Who do include in that group, although I could guess.

Edited by ADAM

4 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

She simply mentioned that she spoke to many people.  Do you actually expect her to name who she had conversations with???   Does it actually matter?  What matters is the club gain sufficient insight to consider the best potential candidate and this shouldn't be played out in the media in my view. 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

A lot of Hibs fans messaging me, ripping the presser last night.  I watched it twice and I have to say I don't think Stendel came out it badly?  I thought his answers were bang on, everything starts at training and we build from there.  I thought I was logging into watch a cringey interview and that was far from it.  The man has a cheeky smile, I think we will be fine with this one.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
12 hours ago, EIEIO said:

I agree with this. A club our size should have a “media gatekeeper’ to stop the utter shit show that is the Scottish football media

Tom Hardy’s Dug
23 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

A lot of Hibs fans messaging me, ripping the presser last night.  I watched it twice and I have to say I don't think Stendel came out it badly?  I thought his answers were bang on, everything starts at training and we build from there.  I thought I was logging into watch a cringey interview and that was far from it.  The man has a cheeky smile, I think we will be fine with this one.

The guy was less than 24 in the Scotland. Had just taken his first training session with people he had never met before. Was speaking in his 3rd language - and was being asked questions by complete halfwits that can barely string a sentence together with grammatical accent let alone their pishy weegie accents

Thats the context

Then he was asked nothing much about his new role or club.

In the circumstances he did remarkably well.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

She simply mentioned that she spoke to many people.  Do you actually expect her to name who she had conversations with???   Does it actually matter?  What matters is the club gain sufficient insight to consider the best potential candidate and this shouldn't be played out in the media in my view. 

Don’t you know? It was JKB!

As an add-on to this, a load of fans of Championship and League One clubs with a shout of promotion are pissed off their club didn’t go for Stendel. A massive club like Sunderland being the most obvious.

Given they will watched a lot of Barnsley games under him this isn’t a bad judgement call IMO which confirms in my mind that we’ve made a great choice.

I genuinely think that fans that watch games week in week out are in a good position to assess the basic merits of somebody who is a good manager and somebody who isn’t.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

47 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The guy was less than 24 in the Scotland. Had just taken his first training session with people he had never met before. Was speaking in his 3rd language - and was being asked questions by complete halfwits that can barely string a sentence together with grammatical accent let alone their pishy weegie accents

Thats the context

Then he was asked nothing much about his new role or club.

In the circumstances he did remarkably well.

Spot on Dug, journalists my erse

The Treasurer
15 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Very good point and something the club should be looking to do, especially as our manager, although his English is good,  is not fluent, so may need someone on hand to advise him on what agenda the hacks are trying to get a headline for

Салатные палочки
15 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I actually think it might have been Levein.  

Салатные палочки
2 hours ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

I liked him from the moment someone first mentioned Barnsley. He just gave a wee wry smile and shook his head.  

Hibs fans all over FB foaming at the mouth over him saying he had never heard of them.  If he is fishing, he certainly caught a few live ones with that. 

Looks like the negative media stuff is having the desired effect with some of our supporters on here. I'm buzzing for Saturday and the next couple of weeks to see something a bit different. To be getting off me seat again. What will be will be and I'm the eternal optimist but, seriously could things possibly be worse?

Get behind them and him.

Italian Lambretta
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Looks like the negative media stuff is having the desired effect with some of our supporters on here. I'm buzzing for Saturday and the next couple of weeks to see something a bit different. To be getting off me seat again. What will be will be and I'm the eternal optimist but, seriously could things possibly be worse?

Get behind them and him.

I was also buzzing for Saturday when Stendel was finally announced but it only lasted 24 hours when our illustrious leader informed us that the elephant in the room would continue to hang around. Absolute disgrace. 

1 hour ago, steve123 said:

Stendel applied for the role before Ann went on holiday !!

Steve - stop letting the facts get in the way of an anti-Levein story!

King Of The Cat Cafe
4 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Get behind them and him.

Quite right.  There are some in our following who are eternal malcontents and never happy with anything.

That is even before we get to the deliberate troublemakers coming on to troll threads.

2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I was also buzzing for Saturday when Stendel was finally announced but it only lasted 24 hours when our illustrious leader informed us that the elephant in the room would continue to hang around. Absolute disgrace. 

Get a grip, I bet you spent that 24 hours thinking about Levein anyway.

Guess The Crowd
20 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Another yes from me for this post. Totally agree.

Have great respect for AB, but Wallace Mercer would have handled that a little differently! 

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Guess The Crowd said:

Another yes from me for this post. Totally agree.

Have great respect for AB, but Wallace Mercer would have handled that a little differently! 

Yes

Wallace would had them filled up with mince pies and pissed on drink, beforehand.

Always knew how to work the press with food and drink.

"Daniel, Hearts have been shite this season. Why do you think that is"? 

"I don't know"  

Get it up ye mcglaughlin!!