Nicholas

Clerry Jambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Criticism of the Stendel appointment is ridiculous. It might not work but he’s got the right credentials. Nicholas has probably never heard of him 

Only time will tell is the reality. Quite a job to turn this lot round mid season

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• martoon

• jambonian

• Clerry Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Only time will tell is the reality. Quite a job to turn this lot round mid season

Massive job. Would be difficult for anyone. This is why we should have been trying to replace Levein a while ago, rather than waiting until we were such a mess

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, Whatever said:

Start winning games and irrelevant wankers like him will soon be quiet enough 🤐

This........

I know it may be a wit early but.........please please please SMASH SJ on Saturday......SD arriving should spark some self motivation in our players.  Santa, make it so.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

He is a prime example of why the bigoted hatred between the Old Firm will never die. I can't say that I can blame the Rangers fans hating cretins like him.

Eveything green in his eyes is wonderful and **** the rest.

Not sure about your last sentence. 

I find it amusing that two Celtic heroes are Tory supporters. 

Charlie Nicholas turned up at Maggie Thatchers celebration party after the 1979 election victory. 

Murdo McLeod stood as a Conservative and Unionist candidate at local elections a couple of years ago. 

Two Celtic heroes both Unionists😁

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

And all PHM hate all late 80's/90's Celtic minded players too.

Those were the halcyon days where my blind loathing of everything Celtic took shape, and blossomed from the embryonic disgust that we are all born with.

Bliss it was in that dawn to be alive,
But to be young was very heaven.

:glorious:

Well said Sir. :greatpost:

I'd say I'm a fairly laid back & passive chap these days, but the thought of the look of horror on Frank McGarveys face when he was greeted in the shed corner by a hail of coins will always give me a cheery spring in my step!:biggrin:

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Charlie Nicholas turned up at Maggie Thatchers celebration party after the 1979 election victory. 

Murdo McLeod stood as a Conservative and Unionist candidate at local elections a couple of years ago. 

Really? He must've only been about 17 at that time and living in Glasgow. 

7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

who would have thought that could happen.

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I think he had just moved to the bright lights and joined the 'celebrity set' 

Didn't take him long to forget his roots. 

6 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I'd say I'm a fairly laid back & passive chap these days, but the thought of the look of horror on Frank McGarveys face when he was greeted in the shed corner by a hail of coins will always give me a cheery spring in my step!:biggrin:

I've posted about that incident before, NT, possibly in an exchange with your good self. McGarvey's greetin' face as he turned back to look at the shed is seared into my mind. Missile throwing is not cool but...well, better not add anything else.

Ftr, I didn't throw anything but I was down near the corner flag and had plenty bouncing of my head that had fallen short. Good, if slightly painful, times.

17 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Didn’t she win again in 1983, which would fit the timeline better? 
He’d be on serious dough, so wouldn’t surprise me if he turned a bit blue overnight. 

1 minute ago, Shaggy2 said:

Didn’t she win again in 1983, which would fit the timeline better? 
He’d be on serious dough, so wouldn’t surprise me if he turned a bit blue overnight. 

Nope definitely 1979.

Although probably there in 1983 as well. 

He was probably just trying to protect his bank balance like the rest of the 'Celebs' 

Just now, Rudy T said:

Andy Roxburgh when Scotland manager - John Robertson is the most natural finisher in Scotland (but didn't pick him... I wonder why)

Yip. Didn't wear an old firm strip, that's why. Tosh McKinlay the perfect example, said himself he played his best football while at Hearts (six years) but never capped until he signed on the dotted line at Smeltic.

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Nope definitely 1979.

Although probably there in 1983 as well. 

He was probably just trying to protect his bank balance like the rest of the 'Celebs' 

He didn't sign for Arsenal until 1983. 

4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Yip. Didn't wear an old firm strip, that's why. Tosh McKinlay the perfect example, said himself he played his best football while at Hearts (six years) but never capped until he signed on the dotted line at Smeltic.

yup, signed for Celtic at the end of '94 was calles up for Scotland by the following summer. 

5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Yip. Didn't wear an old firm strip, that's why. Tosh McKinlay the perfect example, said himself he played his best football while at Hearts (six years) but never capped until he signed on the dotted line at Smeltic.

That's all it took. He was straight into the Scotland squad announced a day or two later. He didn't even have to play for them.

Nothing against Tosh, of course. Smashing player who played for Hearts like he was a born and bred Jambo. Especially in derbies.

15 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Remember this one?
Looks like he's been dragged off a park bench after a night on the tiles!

93D72C42-0EC9-4336-B1C6-DEAD2248C2D9_4_5005_c.jpeg

nice wee purple rinse . *****.

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

He didn't sign for Arsenal until 1983. 

I reckon if it happened (no recollection, personally) it would be the 1987 election. 1979 he'd be a Celtic reserve/youth player, 1983 he'd have just signed for Arsenal so 1987 seems the most logical?

Don't really care, tbf, but just thought I'd throw it in.

45 minutes ago, luckydug said:

That will have been her 87 victory

sidjamesbottle
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Maybe he was trying to get into her pants !

Spitonastranger
3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

The halcyon days of taking 1000's to parkhead ! Fighting your way back to the buses parked on the waste land conveniently littered with bricks for the wee tramps to lob at the buses! Loved it!!

The scenes when John Millar scored in the 2-1 game :yas:

Remember coming back don't know from that game but with Ace of Hearts bus (i think). a tramp threw a brick at our window on the waste ground and was caught and stripped and left there. :clyay:

9 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Remember coming back don't know from that game but with Ace of Hearts bus (i think). a tramp threw a brick at our window on the waste ground and was caught and stripped and left there. :clyay:

Should've given him a wash while they were at it!!!

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

The look of horror on Frank McGarveys face when he was greeted in the shed corner by a hail of coins will always give me a cheery spring in my step!:biggrin:

:sweeet:

Brick Tamland
4 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Slightly disappointed the thread wasn’t what I thought it was going to be , in the mean time he can go **** himself 

Genuinely laughed out loud at that, deserves more appreciation.

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

Both too thick to realise that the Tories are Unionists probably.

2 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Now that is a face only a mother could love.

Bridge of Djoum
6 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Michael Stewart is a bit smarter than Charlie I would say. 

So is a crayon. MS is still a thick walloper and his attempts to use words he doesn't fully understand bear this out.

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Born in Cowcaddens, raised in Maryhill...moved to London, Champagne, earrings, a perm. Boys a total welt.

Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Also Tom Boyd - "Gorgie is the most depreesing area in the country"

Always remember that from a match programme article

I think I mind that. I do recall an interview with an opposition player back then who was asked his least favorite ground and the answer was ''Tynecastle, because it's in such a depressing area''. Might not have been Tom Boyd but the sentiment was the same.

Tom Boyd... a Glasgow boy who spent time at Motherwell and more time in the East End of Glasgow. Calls Gorgie ''depressing''. Obviously that **** doesn't do irony.

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Nope, a cock has a use (a couple actually) Nickerless serves no purpose whatsoever. 

Wait until you get to my age, Mr. Hersh.

3 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

fantastic post👏👍👏😀

brunoatemyhamster

Absolute belter is Chuckles. 

There are guys coming out of 30 year comas that are more up to date on Scottish Football. 

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I think I mind that. I do recall an interview with an opposition player back then who was asked his least favorite ground and the answer was ''Tynecastle, because it's in such a depressing area''. Might not have been Tom Boyd but the sentiment was the same.

Tom Boyd... a Glasgow boy who spent time at Motherwell and more time in the East End of Glasgow. Calls Gorgie ''depressing''. Obviously that **** doesn't do irony.

Defo Boyd mate