• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mc2607

• Hampden Demolition

• E6 Inc

• Cruyff

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Always thought mulraney looks 15 yards too deep at times. Get much more out of him when we play balls he can run on to and in behind back lines.

Pretty sure Stendel will make him better.

I hope stendel  does make him better.. he's got pace but hardly ever gets a full back 1 on 1 and just puts the ball past him 

Hopefully the new coaches see him as a winger and try help him out in that position.  I doubt it'll ever have helped getting moved positions since he signed for us

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, jambocub said:

I hope stendel  does make him better.. he's got pace but hardly ever gets a full back 1 on 1 and just puts the ball past him 

Hopefully the new coaches see him as a winger and try help him out in that position.  I doubt it'll ever have helped getting moved positions since he signed for us

he’s just a very average player.

Jambof3tornado
17 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Certainly dented confidence using him as a wingback

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

he’s just a very average player.

Correct like the whole squad right now there's not one player performing consistently  above average  

Next week  they all get another chance to prove they have a future at hearts or not 

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Certainly dented confidence using him as a wingback

Agreed but he also must dent his own confidence with dome of his  farting  about when he receives the ball .. it baffled me why he doesn't do the simple things when he has the ball 

Jambof3tornado
Just now, jambocub said:

Agreed but he also must dent his own confidence with dome of his  farting  about when he receives the ball .. it baffled me why he doesn't do the simple things when he has the ball 

I think he worries about losing possession. Just let him run at his man and deliver a cross as often as he can. I think his pace doesnt get used enough due to the balls in to him.

Fingers crossed he enjoys working under DS and improves.

2 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

Personally feel we have missed a playmaker for a while

This is the one position Levein has ignored for years. In fact we all knew it was a vital position, why we never prioritised it is a mystery. Even crap Strikers can score if chances are made for them. Our goal scoring issues are as much to do with not creating opportunities, as well as Strikers who are not natural goalscorers.

We also need a Goalkeeper, Central Defender, Striker and a proper winger. Mulraney was playing for ICT reserves for a reason.......

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

would take him, always good at the press.. Liam Lindsay another good shout. 

and what’s jimmy dunne up to? 

Dunne is back at Fleetwood.

He was very good for us and seemed to get us.

Another good shout for Lindsay.

You fancy a scouting role 🙂

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I think he worries about losing possession. Just let him run at his man and deliver a cross as often as he can. I think his pace doesnt get used enough due to the balls in to him.

Fingers crossed he enjoys working under DS and improves.

I'm with you about running at the opposition but he needs to work on receiving the ball and isolating the defender straight away ..

I've got my fingers crossed a new coach can help .

No one will get on his back if he was to try to past the defender and stick a cross in the box each time 

Jamboscanbevicius
2 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Noticed Liam Lindsay centre back who was at Partick played most games under Stendel at Barnsley in there promotion season, he was then sold to Stoke and has found himself out the team could end up here on loan in January 

That is a great shout. Would be an excellent addition!

Will be 3 maybe 4 at the most. The summer we could se some real change. Think you could find a lot of players will come good with his style of play.

January isn’t a great window for clubs like others that can’t pay fees for players. Probably leaves us in the market of getting a couple loans in. 

Ideally, probably a GK and a striker. 

Bridge of Djoum
48 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Dunne is back at Fleetwood.

He was very good for us and seemed to get us.

Another good shout for Lindsay.

You fancy a scouting role 🙂

Jimmy Dunne at Fleetwood is a ****** waste. 

A goalscorer.  Someone who can score goals.  Are you allowed to say bloody on here?

Right then.

A bloody goalscorer.

Preferably 2.

The Future's Maroon
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

As a couple of other posters have said a mobile midfielder who likes to get in the box and a decent finisher. 

While this thread is specifically about players it can’t be ignored how a more positive system and mindset should help the team and some individuals to be more effective.  

Your first paragraph, a Colin Cameron/Paul Hartley type very much yes.

The second....I think a few players may improve just with different tactics/mindsets (aka Clare - I know I’ll get shot down for that).

For me a GOOD gk is first and foremost.

Then it’s about players we already have being fit and able....Souttar, Haring, Washington....and obviously Naisy.

Edited by The Future's Maroon

Squad is bloated and needs trimmed.

Send Pereira back to United and try to punt Bobby while bringing in a solid number 1. 

Striker is urgently required, along with a winger. 

I reckon we'll be surprised at the turn of form for some players with a manager coming in who actually attacks.

Remember how bad Ian Black was? Then how good he was in the run up to (and in) the 5-1?

Naismith and Washington fit will help up top.

We'll find goals from elsewhere when we actually try to play football too - remember when Walker could score? Mulraney showed he had a bit about him start of last year. Uche needs to get scoring more but playing up on his own get **** all service. Keena has never been given a proper crack.

CM's - Bozanic is an Australian international, Damour was brilliant for Cardiff in the championship and played in the prem, Irving started the season well, Cochrane was brilliant when we played front foot start of last year, Clare has something in him (deep deep down..). They will be better under better stewardship.

Our 'tactics' over the past 2/3 years have absolutely killed our squads confidence. We have some decent players and won't need wholesale changes.

No doubt we need a new keeper and a CB to replace Berra until Souttar is back. Then maybe a winger as McDonald and Morrison are probably not our level.

23 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

I reckon we'll be surprised at the turn of form for some players with a manager coming in who actually attacks.

Remember how bad Ian Black was? Then how good he was in the run up to (and in) the 5-1?

Naismith and Washington fit will help up top.

We'll find goals from elsewhere when we actually try to play football too - remember when Walker could score? Mulraney showed he had a bit about him start of last year. Uche needs to get scoring more but playing up on his own get **** all service. Keena has never been given a proper crack.

CM's - Bozanic is an Australian international, Damour was brilliant for Cardiff in the championship and played in the prem, Irving started the season well, Cochrane was brilliant when we played front foot start of last year, Clare has something in him (deep deep down..). They will be better under better stewardship.

Our 'tactics' over the past 2/3 years have absolutely killed our squads confidence. We have some decent players and won't need wholesale changes.

No doubt we need a new keeper and a CB to replace Berra until Souttar is back. Then maybe a winger as McDonald and Morrison are probably not our level.

This. Absolutely this. Patience is key, and we may see a hell of a lot more from players who have been written off by a fair quantity of the fan base.

The major surgery for this side won't happen till the summer.  I reckon that there will be a major clear out then.  Until that happens I reckon a new keeper, a CB, a LB and a playmaker will be the priorities in this window. Lots of work ahead for the new manager reshaping the side and ditching all the dead wood acquired over the past couple of years. Real patience us going to be needed from the support.

7 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Your first paragraph, a Colin Cameron/Paul Hartley type very much yes.

The second....I think a few players may improve just with different tactics/mindsets (aka Clare - I know I’ll get shot down for that).

For me a GOOD gk is first and foremost.

Then it’s about players we already have being fit and able....Souttar, Haring, Washington....and obviously Naisy.

It’s tough to say and others have said it too, but aside from the Big Cup which is still a target, the league campaign is about saving face and trying to fashion a solid style the players enjoy playing in A pre season during the season with a view to next year, possibly. 

I think Stendel will naturally set out to get a system to suit his best available (when all fit and ready) and get us gradually climbing the table. It strikes me he won’t be too much of a tinkerer if he likes to play a certain way in most matches. 

Being allowed to dip into the market during January for his type of player may give us a hint of what lies ahead. 

It will be interesting to see what Stendel can get out of Clare and Mulraney seeing that they are effectively attacking minded players 

The returns of Haring and Washington will be very welcome 

10 hours ago, DH1986 said:

GK - Zlamal actually looks the best of the bad bunch

RB - Smith a target for English clubs according to one poster.

CB x 2 - Dikamona and Berra can’t be considered good enough

LB - Hickey apart.....we don’t have one.

RM/RW - we don’t have anyone good enough to hurt teams

CM - we don’t have a playmaker....nobody to make a killer pass.

LM/LW - see RM/RW

CF - we need a couple of mobile forwards who can score goals

Pretty sure this is what I said in the summer though.

And the transfer window before that ... And the one before that previously. .... 

We_are_the_Hearts

We need quite a few but there may be a few from within who can kick on under the new manager. Imagine that, having a manager that can IMPROVE players. It's been a while.

pettigrewsstylist

Goalkeeper

LB x2

CB ????

DM (presumes Haring is finished)

AM

RW

CF x2

Looks expensive and relies on Jake/Jamie/Irving performing

highlandjambo3
11 hours ago, ramrod said:

Possibly, but I would guess he may pull a rabbit out a hat . 

Loweer league German or English leagues 

I’m here with this............

it’s alright us having scouts and a scouting network, although saying that, ours would appear to be flawed but, a new manager who is German with a pedigree including his home and English management experience, he’s bound to have many fingers in many pies.  I’d suspect a clutch of loan players initially coming in, most unheard of.

12 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not convinced we’ll have stacks of cash next month but fascinated to see what Danny S wants to do. Continental signings? Seemed to have an eye for a player at Barnsley.

What do we need as a priority?

Goalkeeper

Mobile centre mid 

CB if Souttar is nowhere near

If we can only get 3 in would like to see a striker, (def mob midfielder) and another winger 

if we get souttar/haring back then we need a bit of flair and pace in our attack as a priority 

Jamboscanbevicius

A solid GK is a must for me. Even in our current plight, imagine how much more confident you’d feel with someone like Niemi, Gordon, or McLaughlin in that side.

We need a good CB on loan til summer and see how Souttar recovers. Liam Lindsay is a great shout, especially if we can get an option to keep him.

LB is still problematic, but may need to wait until summer as we have 3 on our books.

CM - again, a good loan deal to see how Haring recovers may be necessary. But I think we’ll see a turn in fortunes for Damour and Irving.

CF - we need a goalscorer, but they’re not that easy to come by. Hopefully DS has an eye on a gem from overseas maybe

13 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The back 4 requires major surgery and GK still a concern

Not if we could get Smith Soutar Halkett and Hickey all playing at the same time and despite what others say Berra is far from finished.

I’d be happy if we could get a gk, winger and probably a cb.

With Washington back and I think Keena will get more of a chance, I could see us going with the forwards we have until the summer. 

Edited by HMFC86

14 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not convinced we’ll have stacks of cash next month but fascinated to see what Danny S wants to do. Continental signings? Seemed to have an eye for a player at Barnsley.

What do we need as a priority?

Goalkeeper

Mobile centre mid 

CB if Souttar is nowhere near

A team. 11 players playing like it matters. That is the priority. 

11 Craig Leveins

I'm not usually one for bring 

Back ex players but we need a better keeper and a goal scorer so Gordon and why not lafferty scored 19 goals first time around? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

A team. 11 players playing like it matters. That is the priority. 

Yes but we ain’t going to get a whole new team in January, Einstein 

I make it GK, CD x 2, MF x 2, CF x 2

Doyle Backup

Bobby Bin

Perrerra Return to sender

Smith Keep

Whyte Bin

Hickey Keep

Brandon Keep

Dikamona Bin

Berra Keep

Souttar Keep

Halkett Keep

Bozanic Bin

Haring Keep

Clare Bin

Irving Keep

Whelan Bin

Damour Bin

Cochrane Recall

Macdonald Recall

Smith Recall

Walker Keep

Mulraney Keep

Meshino Keep

Morrison Keep

Mclean Bin

Keena Keep

Uche Keep

Wighton Keep

Naismith Keep

Washington Keep

17 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Noticed Liam Lindsay centre back who was at Partick played most games under Stendel at Barnsley in there promotion season, he was then sold to Stoke and has found himself out the team could end up here on loan in January 

The Barnsley keeper from last year is also there and out of favour.

I think we'll add some loans in Jan then try and fix it properly next summer.

Would definitely like us to explore the possibility of signing Jimmy Dunne at some point.

I would really like to see Callum Paterson back, career not going well under new Cardiff manager, can play anywhere and ideal for an athletic style of play. I think the midfield is physically weak so that's where I would play him. I must admit goalkeeper is an urgent problem, I would get someone in but would keep Bobby and punt the rest. The forward line ? who knows what our present players might achieve given the right style of play creating chances for them.

A centre half to replace Berra and I'd be happy.

I'd like to hope with a more attacking manager the likes of Clare and Mulraney will do better and Washington coming back will score the goals.

Once we replace Berra we have to look at trimming the squad and getting rid of the dross.

Adam_the_legend
2 hours ago, ericb said:

I make it GK, CD x 2, MF x 2, CF x 2

Doyle Backup

Bobby Bin

Perrerra Return to sender

Smith Keep

Whyte Bin

Hickey Keep

Brandon Keep

Dikamona Bin

Berra Keep

Souttar Keep

Halkett Keep

Bozanic Bin

Haring Keep

Clare Bin

Irving Keep

Whelan Bin

Damour Bin

Cochrane Recall

Macdonald Recall

Smith Recall

Walker Keep

Mulraney Keep

Meshino Keep

Morrison Keep

Mclean Bin

Keena Keep

Uche Keep

Wighton Keep

Naismith Keep

Washington Keep

You’d keep wighton. Really? And you can’t just bin players, you have to pay out contracts so for someone like damour he won’t be going anywhere soon unless another club will take him. 

Adam_the_legend
33 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

I would really like to see Callum Paterson back, career not going well under new Cardiff manager, can play anywhere and ideal for an athletic style of play. I think the midfield is physically weak so that's where I would play him. I must admit goalkeeper is an urgent problem, I would get someone in but would keep Bobby and punt the rest. The forward line ? who knows what our present players might achieve given the right style of play creating chances for them.

He’s on the fringes but getting some game time and is probably only an injury away from a run in the team. He’s also not long ago signed a 4 year contract and probably on at least £20k a week.