January window

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Haringshairband
9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Barnsley players contracts expiring 

Alex Mowatt CM 24 club do have a 1 year contract clause inserted in his contract though 

Dimitri Cavaré RB 24 

Mamadou Thiam CF RW LW 24 

Kenneth Dougall DM 26 club do have a 1 year contract clause inserted in his contract though

Samuel Radlinger GK 27 

Daniel Pinillos LB 27

Thiam looks decent btw

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mc2607

• Hampden Demolition

• E6 Inc

• kingantti1874

Few of Hannover 96 players coming out of contract. But sure he will have a few other players in mind that would suit his needs. Goalkeeper is very good and Hendrik Weydandt is a German Vardy equivalent. 

Michael Esser GK 32

Matthias Ostrzolek LB 29

Miiko Albornoz LB 29

Julian Korb RB  27

Sebastian Jung RB 29

Marc Stendra CM 24

Marco Stefandl RW 21

Hendrik Weydandt CF 25 ( in our dreams)

On 08/12/2019 at 20:40, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Depends on Naismith fitness. Also, I’m not as down on Mulraney as some people 

Mulraney has all the attributes to go from Meh to Yeah,.... except a big dollop of confidence, and a midfielder who can play a ball in front of him and inside the full back.

On 08/12/2019 at 21:41, DH1986 said:

GK - Zlamal actually looks the best of the bad bunch

RB - Smith a target for English clubs according to one poster.

CB x 2 - Dikamona and Berra can’t be considered good enough

LB - Hickey apart.....we don’t have one.

RM/RW - we don’t have anyone good enough to hurt teams

CM - we don’t have a playmaker....nobody to make a killer pass.

LM/LW - see RM/RW

CF - we need a couple of mobile forwards who can score goals

Pretty sure this is what I said in the summer though.

Thankfully he has 18 months left on his contract, and I can't see anyone paying us the significant amount of dosh that's going to tempt us to part with him.

He is 31 just now. By the time his contract with us expires he will be just a few months off 33.

I'm looking forward to guys like Mulraney and Clare being given fresh starts and hopefully improved tactics that suit them. They are clearly confidence players so hopefully then can build that up.

I can't see there being a queue of clubs for guys like MacLean and White so may have to grin and bear them for the time being.

14 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Barnsley players contracts expiring 

Alex Mowatt CM 24 club do have a 1 year contract clause inserted in his contract though 

Dimitri Cavaré RB 24 

Mamadou Thiam CF RW LW 24 

Kenneth Dougall DM 26 club do have a 1 year contract clause inserted in his contract though

Samuel Radlinger GK 27 

Daniel Pinillos LB 27

I'll just do your work for you Daily Record if this isn't proof that these newspapers rags copy everything from here I don't know what is https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/out-contract-barnsley-players-daniel-21081156&ved=2ahUKEwiW1I-Eq7DmAhX5VRUIHarFAZgQ0PADMAR6BAgCEA0&usg=AOvVaw1i82XtW5nJ1GMJ_8ni2d77

Edited by Bongo 1874

On 12/12/2019 at 11:23, Busby8 said:

Mulraney has all the attributes to go from Meh to Yeah,.... except a big dollop of confidence, and a midfielder who can play a ball in front of him and inside the full back.

Missed mulraney big time yesterday

kingantti1874
On 12/12/2019 at 12:20, Mort said:

I'm looking forward to guys like Mulraney and Clare being given fresh starts and hopefully improved tactics that suit them. They are clearly confidence players so hopefully then can build that up.

I can't see there being a queue of clubs for guys like MacLean and White so may have to grin and bear them for the time being.

I’m setting off fireworks the day that Sean Clare leaves. Hopefully we loan him out in January - free up a wage..

that said he’s far from alone

Thinking about it I’d like to see a new right back. A proper all rounder.

I’d be inclined to move Smith permanently to CH where i think he’s better than at RB. Alot of build up play starts from the full back areas and it’s not really been good enough and I noticed yesterday that Stendel urged Smith to overlap which he’s prone to switching off to. 

Add to that a decent wide option , centre forward and hopefully scope to add an energetic, skilful midfielder who has a completely different style to what we have.  

With two or three loaned out or shown the door if possible. Not easy in January but hopefully we can work something out. 

rudi must stay
13 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The thing that struck me watching Barnsley is they are proper athletes. I'd take any of their players 

Hampden Demolition

What are we looking at realistically then? Where do we need to recruit? Who can we actually get out the door?

While I appreciate January is a difficult window for clubs, I would personally be doing the following as a minimum;

•Send Pereira back to Man Utd.

•Try and mutually terminate the contracts of White, Wighton, Dikamona and Bozanic.

•Sell Clare to the highest bidder.

•Recall Cochrane and McDonald.

•Sign a new Goalkeeper, a centre back, at least 1 pacy winger and a striker.

The one thing Ann will need to accept is that money needs to be spent. Failing to do the minimum is going to result in relegation where we will lose more money than we are likely to spend. We need to be ruthless now.

Thought Police

In terms of signings, are you talking loans, or buying unknown quantities again? I think we're priced out of any market in Scotland, especially in January. I'm not particularly optimistic that we can just go out and get good players without serious cash.

Edited by Thought Police

Hampden Demolition
Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

Agree with all of that except I'd be binning Zlamal before Pereria.

Easier to send him back to his parent club than binning Zlamal I would think. Plus, neither of them are good enough so if we did sign another goalkeeper, would Man Utd be happy for JP to be on the bench? I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

What are we looking at realistically then? Where do we need to recruit? Who can we actually get out the door?

While I appreciate January is a difficult window for clubs, I would personally be doing the following as a minimum;

•Try and mutually terminate the contracts of White, Wighton, Dikamona and Bozanic.

The one thing Ann will need to accept is that money needs to be spent. Failing to do the minimum is going to result in relegation where we will lose more money than we are likely to spend. We need to be ruthless now.

I admire your optimism.

Get all the youngsters back from loan so that Stendel can get a look at them. We might well need them.

Find the money from somewhere to help him secure his top four or five priorities. If that means selling our prized asset, so be it. 

Hampden Demolition
Just now, Thought Police said:

In terms of signings, are you talking loans, or buying unknown quantities again? I think we're priced out of any market in Scotland, especially in January. I'm not particularly optimistic that we can just go out and get good players without serious cash.

Something needs to give. There will be players out of favour at other clubs who could offer us something.

Just now, Hampden Demolition said:

Pereira, definitely send back.

Could extend your release list to a few more, in fact I wouldn't be disappointed in any of our players being sold, released or loaned out to free up wages. Maybe Smith and Hickey.

Nobody on planet earth is buying Clare but I like your positivity. 

Agree with the signings but would add in a centre mid. We need the entire spine of our team.

A goal scorer. We need someone who scores goals. Then we need a goalkeeper too. First and foremost we need someone who has a proven track record scoring goals. Our absolute number one priority.

Hampden Demolition
Just now, E6 Inc said:

Pereira, definitely send back.

Could extend your release list to a few more, in fact I wouldn't be disappointed in any of our players being sold, released or loaned out to free up wages. Maybe Smith and Hickey.

Nobody on planet earth is buying Clare but I like your positivity. 

Agree with the signings but would add in a centre mid. We need the entire spine of our team.

The whole team could do with changing but I’m trying to be semi-realistic 😂. Agree with centre mid - we have no quality there whatsoever. Whelan is starting to remind me a bit of Aaron Hughes; will give everything for his country but looks to me like he’s here for a holiday when playing for Hearts.

7 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Also, this could mean something or absolutely nothing.

9A1A85E4-FFB4-4E42-936C-04897DB64CBD.png

Doubt that would happen. He seems to be playing regularly at his new club.

Thought Police
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

A goal scorer. We need someone who scores goals. Then we need a goalkeeper too. First and foremost we need someone who has a proven track record scoring goals. Our absolute number one priority.

Who's selling someone that scores goals in January? 

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

You would think Man city would have one for us to take on loan lol.

2 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

The whole team could do with changing but I’m trying to be semi-realistic 😂. Agree with centre mid - we have no quality there whatsoever. Whelan is starting to remind me a bit of Aaron Hughes; will give everything for his country but looks to me like he’s here for a holiday when playing for Hearts.

It really wouldn't surprise me if the message to every agent (bar Hickey and Smith) is - if a club wants him, he can go. To every player.

Quote depressingly, I can't see any club taking any of the players we need out of the squad. The only way is to terminate co tracts early or let them sit in the reserves until they agree to early termination.

The only players clubs would take are Hickey, Souttar, Halkett, Smith, and Naismith. I genuinely can't see others going, even if we waived the fee.

Still, if we don't try, we don't get. And there are clubs getting desperate in January.

Even if we brought through youths to fill a mass clear out and got in a loan or two and one or two new signings we would see an improvement. 

Too many players start games expecting to lose now. And that's a tough mentality to change.

2 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

It really wouldn't surprise me if the message to every agent (bar Hickey and Smith) is - if a club wants him, he can go. To every player.

The message should be, early termination of contract or free move to a club that wants them. Need carrot and stick I think, otherwise we will have a Martin situation with most.

BerraBelieveit

Cochrane and Irving would be a more productive central midfield partnership than Bozanic and Whelan. That speaks volumes about our midfield these days. Defence is fine. Goalkeeper, midfield and attack all need looked at - players emptied and players in. 

2 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

The message should be, early termination of contract or free move to a club that wants them. Need carrot and stick I think, otherwise we will have a Martin situation with most.

Going to cost us a fortune to get rid of this lot :jj_facepalm:

Thinking positively, hopefully some likeable players will come in January! Imagine that, a Hearts player we actually like!

Just now, BerraBelieveit said:

Cochrane and Irving would be a more productive central midfield partnership than Bozanic and Whelan. That speaks volumes about our midfield these days. Defence is fine. Goalkeeper, midfield and attack all need looked at - players emptied and players in. 

Cochrane is too slow I think. I'd like to see Irving in Stendels system, think he was one of the only bright points to the start of the season. 

BerraBelieveit
1 minute ago, E6 Inc said:

Cochrane is too slow I think. I'd like to see Irving in Stendels system, think he was one of the only bright points to the start of the season. 

I don't understand why Irving is not getting game time now as I agree he was one of the early bright points. Bozanic on Saturday was absolutely woeful & didn't think Whelan was much better. I don't think Cochrane is the fastest but I think if he ever gets a chance again he will use it as he is hungry. 

The midfield is just so depressing. Bozanic & Whelan strike no fear into the opposition at all.

23 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Doubt that would happen. He seems to be playing regularly at his new club.

And getting paid a mint.

Could see something happening with Hickey in Jan. Maybe going to City and then coming straight back on loan with possibly a few others - preferably a decent young promising striker.  

Think the squad is of such a size that players will have to move out for others to come in.  Unless stendal sits some of them down and says look your not part of my plans so your free to leave, even then you cant imagine Bozanic/Clare/McLean picking up these wages elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, BerraBelieveit said:

I don't understand why Irving is not getting game time now as I agree he was one of the early bright points. Bozanic on Saturday was absolutely woeful & didn't think Whelan was much better. I don't think Cochrane is the fastest but I think if he ever gets a chance again he will use it as he is hungry. 

The midfield is just so depressing. Bozanic & Whelan strike no fear into the opposition at all.

Agree with all of that.

To be fair to Cochrane he always wanted the ball and has a decent touch and range of passing but for this pressing style I can't see him having the speed for it. 

Irving and Damour should be our CMs until January. The rest have had enough of a run for us to know how crap they are. Damour needs to turn it on or he'll join this transfer list.

27 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

Raith Rovers fan at my work said we were looking at one of their young strikers. But that was before Stendel took over 

Any idea who only ones I know of are Lewis Vaughn whose out with a really bad injury and jamie gullan whose on loan from hibs

The Wrinkly Ninja

Mulranay would be outstanding at knocking a ball past a fullback and getting to the byline.

Its what he does when he catches up with the ball that is the problem.

I genuinely think we have collected a group of footballers who are too thick to play at the highest level.

Stendel has his work cut out teaching this lot anything. I expect a couple of years of pure frustration!

Edited by The Wrinkly Ninja

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Bainy said:

Could see something happening with Hickey in Jan. Maybe going to City and then coming straight back on loan with possibly a few others - preferably a decent young promising striker.  

Think the squad is of such a size that players will have to move out for others to come in.  Unless stendal sits some of them down and says look your not part of my plans so your free to leave, even then you cant imagine Bozanic/Clare/McLean picking up these wages elsewhere. 

I could see City being interested in letting some young players come north and maybe getting an understanding established with Meshino and how he plays. So far he has been a bit hit and miss but with the new manager he might start to show more and he is lively enough for the pressing game promised.

CornhillHearts
19 minutes ago, maroon said:

Any idea who only ones I know of are Lewis Vaughn whose out with a really bad injury and jamie gullan whose on loan from hibs

From October 

Screenshot_20191216_112039.jpg

44 minutes ago, maroon said:

Can’t remember the name he mentioned. He said that he was left footed and has had a few teams looking at him. 

11 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

Mulumbu still sitting as a free agent... Could do much worse. 

we should be all over that. Really surprised he’s still a free agent.

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

Mulumbu still sitting as a free agent... Could do much worse. 

mid have agreed a few months ago, but we really need energy and legs. That said if we moved Whelan on I’d take him

Pasquale for King
On 12/12/2019 at 11:23, Busby8 said:

He needs to be coached about his final ball though and to look when crossing, maybe two three or assists in 18 months is a poor return. If Stendel can do this then with his pace he will fit in to the style of play we will be using.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Definitely, not sure what bidders we would get for Clare but someone’s bound to take him and he will flourish like Bjorn Johnsen 🙄.

1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

we should be all over that. Really surprised he’s still a free agent.

And if he's fit we can play him on Wednesday.

Edited by JamboAl

Realistically, guys like MacLean, White, Dikamona and Berra won't be sought by other sides. We are hopefully looking to replace them and no doubt DS is drawing up targets at the moment. 

I think we could potentially move a few on, particularly Bozanic and Pereira.

husref musemic

before we spend another penny the goons who've signed /scouted the legions of duds over the past few years should be punted. 

otherwise there's more on that conveyor of talent turning up.

Having thought more about it, I actually think we need a CB and striker as priorities.

Given Souttar and Naismith's injury history, I don't think we can rely on them being fit. We need players that are ready for a battle every week and not here to make up the numbers. It might actually be a hard sell trying to get players of quality in given where we are in the table.

Wouldn't normally want us to go down the loan route but wouldn't be against it in the short term to add some quality to the squad.