Unity

Tom Hardy’s Dug

8 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

What do you, me or anyone else do that supports the club, do to make a difference..?

There is nothing other than blind loyalty and support. They’re the only positive contributions we make. Slagging the team and players only does one thing. Self fulfilling prophecy of failure. 

In my opinion our fans who haven’t experienced the 70’s have no humility and are spoiled.

Bottom line for me and based on my 85 year old still hearts supporting dad, support the team through thick and thin. Always Hearts.

What group of fans are spoiled? Is it a specific generation?  I have relatives and friends of all ages who love and support Hearts. Who’ve seen it all across various decades.  

They moan when things are shite, that never changes with football, but they will always continue to support. You still support when things are pish but it’s more in hope the tide turns.  No one is happy during the dips.  

My Dad too is 85 but was one of the biggest moaners I knew when it came to Hearts😁...however, there’s a tear in the eye whenever he reminisces about his club.

Supports them through FOH even though he doesn’t make games now.  

I think definitely it’s more a specific generation.

What you’re saying about your family etc that’s fine, it’s not mine or my family’s way though. If you think moaning at games makes Hearts better, that’s fine. I don’t.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, buzzbomb said:

What do you, me or anyone else do that supports the club, do to make a difference..?

There is nothing other than blind loyalty and support. They’re the only positive contributions we make. Slagging the team and players only does one thing. Self fulfilling prophecy of failure. 

In my opinion our fans who haven’t experienced the 70’s have no humility and are spoiled.

Bottom line for me and based on my 85 year old still hearts supporting dad, support the team through thick and thin. Always Hearts.

Blind loyalty is not a good thing, especially when the person in charge has it.  Budge’s blind loyalty for CL is the reason we are currently in a relegation scrap.  By all means support the players on the park and that’s where we, as fans, can make a difference but I don’t see the problem questioning poor decision making on a fans forum.  The staggering thing is that there’s actually fans quite happy to accept the shambles of the last 2 years just because we nearly went bust.  

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

What group of fans are spoiled? Is it a specific generation?  I have relatives and friends of all ages who love and support Hearts. Who’ve seen it all across various decades.  

They moan when things are shite, that never changes with football, but they will always continue to support. You still support when things are pish but it’s more in hope the tide turns.  No one is happy during the dips.  

My Dad too is 85 but was one of the biggest moaners I knew when it came to Hearts😁...however, there’s a tear in the eye whenever he reminisces about his club.

Supports them through FOH even though he doesn’t make games now.  

I do not believe fans have changed one bit - they will moan and criticise when things go badly for their team. The only difference is that back in the day they vented their frustrations to their pals in the pub, now it’s broadcast publicly over the internet.

7 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I do not believe fans have changed one bit - they will moan and criticise when things go badly for their team. The only difference is that back in the day they vented their frustrations to their pals in the pub, now it’s broadcast publicly over the internet.

Aye👍🏻

8 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

I think definitely it’s more a specific generation.

What you’re saying about your family etc that’s fine, it’s not mine or my family’s way though. If you think moaning at games makes Hearts better, that’s fine. I don’t.

What generation?

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Quite. Not only that, the internet is not the same as being inside the ground where we absolutely should support the team from kick off to final whistle. If we couldn't talk about the club and try to "fix" all of its "wrongs" the game would cease to exist.

We will see unity on Saturday in the Stadium I have no doubt about that. 

The Internet and JKB is a different proposition all together. 

People say things for shock and effect on here and there us also a fair percentage of other teams fans lurking so I'm afraid unity on here is a pipedream. 😒

As much as we are are in lather with our league placing I am so excited with the new appointment. It’s early days and far too early to be putting out predictions but I firmly believe Ann Budge has pulled a rabbit out the bag announcing Stendel 

hopefully the support and players get right behind him as he sets about transforming who we are.

Folk might not realise but selling Hearts to any incumbent Manager who has a good pedigree is doable when you consider the actual potential of the club. Long way to go but remember the season ticket waiting  list when Burley was in charge. Folk will flock back to the games if we play football the right way and imo we have now got the guy who will put this all in place for us 

11 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Well said Sir, if fans didn't moan what a boring life this would be. I've moaned and groaned and spat the baby out the cradle on many's a time even back to my first game in 1956 (Scottish Cup Final) as I felt that 3-1 was not reflective of how the game went. Should have been 5 or 6

2 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

As much as we are are in lather with our league placing I am so excited with the new appointment. It’s early days and far too early to be putting out predictions but I firmly believe Ann Budge has pulled a rabbit out the bag announcing Stendel 

hopefully the support and players get right behind him as he sets about transforming who we are.

Folk might not realise but selling Hearts to any incumbent Manager who has a good pedigree is doable when you consider the actual potential of the club. Long way to go but remember the season ticket waiting  list when Burley was in charge. Folk will flock back to the games if we play football the right way and imo we have now got the guy who will put this all in place for us 

That's me boy

15 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Blind loyalty is not a good thing, especially when the person in charge has it.  Budge’s blind loyalty for CL is the reason we are currently in a relegation scrap.  By all means support the players on the park and that’s where we, as fans, can make a difference but I don’t see the problem questioning poor decision making on a fans forum.  The staggering thing is that there’s actually fans quite happy to accept the shambles of the last 2 years just because we nearly went bust.  

Agreed. Presumably the “blind loyalty” brigade would still be biting their tongues if Cathro currently had us hovering over the trapdoor down to League 1.

Going along on Saturdays and getting behind the team does not mean you have to accept the unacceptably bad without demur. It’s a strange world-view indeed that suggests that any criticism of things which are patently obviously wrong is a bad thing.

As for the idiotic comment someone made above about the 1970s: it’s precisely because I watched Hearts through that entire decade that I bitterly resent the waste, the incompetence, the complacency and the denial that have characterised our on-field activities (the “football department“) in this era of unique opportunity and unparalleled supporter goodwill.